Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 226

Thread: Have Brock's chances of a cameo in BW dwindled?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,313

    Default Have Brock's chances of a cameo in BW dwindled?

    With BW rapidly ending within about 7 months, and most of the rest of BW being focused on N and Team Plasma, do you think Brock's chances of getting a cameo like Dawn have dwindled?

    The only time I can see Brock appearing now is maybe for 1 episode at Pallet Town at the very end. I really just don't see them having Brock appear in Unova when we only have like 35 episodes left.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    The better question is: Do people even care enough about Brock to warrant him a cameo?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,744

    Default

    None was expecting him to appear unless we get a lab episode.

    Hey a Cyber thread.

  4. #4

    Default

    If he was going to be in the N arc you'd think he'd be on the poster like Dawn was, I don't think thats going to happen.
    If they do a party type episode that has all of Ash's friends including Brock at the end of the series, I could see it maybe.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    8,904

    Default

    He already got one.

    All a cameo is is a brief showing of the character. If we got 2 seconds of gary watching the unova league. that would be a cameo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    The better question is: Do people even care enough about Brock to warrant him a cameo?
    There are more Brock fans around than you think there are..

    I really wanted him to get a cameo, but it seems they used Dawn's memories of him so that they didn't have to give him his own appearance..


    Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.



    There you are, I see you in the back there!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I really wanted him to get a cameo, but it seems they used Dawn's memories of him so that they didn't have to give him his own appearance..
    I was thinking of that too. Its very similar to the way the Misty lure was brought up back in DP without Misty herself appearing.

    At least Brock did get a special at Pewter Gym.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    There are more Brock fans around than you think there are..

    I really wanted him to get a cameo, but it seems they used Dawn's memories of him so that they didn't have to give him his own appearance..
    Oh, I know there are, and most of them (like 98%) are Gen1 fans who are clearly not the target audience of the show anymore.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Oh, I know there are, and most of them (like 98%) are Gen1 fans who are clearly not the target audience of the show anymore.
    I wonder if any kids who grew up with DP wound up really liking Brock.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    I've hung around kids, mostly at my old job, during that time and they tended to like Ash more than Dawn and Brock. It seems that amongst the older fanbase, people like Dawn and Ash (and side characters). I've very rarely seen people being huge fans of Brock, though.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,196

    Default

    I don't care.

    Also he had two cameos.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    I've hung around kids, mostly at my old job, during that time and they tended to like Ash more than Dawn and Brock. It seems that amongst the older fanbase, people like Dawn and Ash (and side characters). I've very rarely seen people being huge fans of Brock, though.
    Really? I would think kids would have liked Dawn the best of the DP trio. Interesting.

    I'd love Brock to make an appearance and I agree that when Ash returns to Kanto, that would be a good time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Dawn had a reason to come to Unova. World Tournament due to Cynthia who seems to travel regions quite lot. Brock has his doctor goals so he had no reason to go to the PWT. If anything he might be studying at Ash's house for some reason to be close to Oak who might help him and they meet for a bit.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Really? I would think kids would have liked Dawn the best of the DP trio. Interesting.

    I'd love Brock to make an appearance and I agree that when Ash returns to Kanto, that would be a good time.
    I thought little girls would like Dawn, too, but they usually said Ash was their favorite. Go figure.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    The better question is: Do people even care enough about Brock to warrant him a cameo?
    Yes they do.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    He already got one.

    All a cameo is is a brief showing of the character. If we got 2 seconds of gary watching the unova league. that would be a cameo
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I really wanted him to get a cameo, but it seems they used Dawn's memories of him so that they didn't have to give him his own appearance..
    Unfortunately it seems so.

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Dawn had a reason to come to Unova.
    Actually, no she didn't.

    The writers made an excuse for her to return and this time it was very obvious. Same with Misty. May had a reason as contests were in Sinnoh.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Yes they do.
    Yeah, like, a couple? Not enough to make the writers think "HARK! WE MUST BRING BROCK BACK FOR A CAMEO! HIS INSANE FANBASE IS DEMANDING SO!" ...Yeah.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Dawn had a reason to come to Unova. World Tournament due to Cynthia who seems to travel regions quite lot. Brock has his doctor goals so he had no reason to go to the PWT. If anything he might be studying at Ash's house for some reason to be close to Oak who might help him and they meet for a bit.
    Like Haunter said no she didn't, Haruka was well done since it was a Coordinator coming to a special contest, now Hikari comes from Hoenn out of nowhere to do a battling tournament that just by coincidence Satoshi will also take part in, thats as convinient as her whole "I get Togekiss!" episode.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    193

    Default

    There has been no evidence for or against Brock getting a cameo, hence this thread is speculation without evidence. Besides, the answer is simple; why do just a cameo instead of fixing up the character so even more people would want an official return?
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    He can appear in the episode when Ash comes home. And meet Cilan and iris zhere.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Yeah, like, a couple?
    A couple million umadbro

    Not enough to make the writers think "HARK! WE MUST BRING BROCK BACK FOR A CAMEO! HIS INSANE FANBASE IS DEMANDING SO!" ...Yeah.
    That's not what you initially questioned though, you questioned whether people care and quite frankly yes enough people do which is evidently seen in the anime spoilers if you actually knew what you was talking about.

    p.s There are hundreds of things in the anime that fans love but the writers don't always bring them back, Brock probably won't be any different.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Like Haunter said no she didn't, Haruka was well done since it was a Coordinator coming to a special contest, now Hikari comes from Hoenn out of nowhere to do a battling tournament that just by coincidence Satoshi will also take part in, thats as convinient as her whole "I get Togekiss!" episode.
    Still better done than Brock coming for the PWT when he is working on his doctor thing. Plus tbh you can also say they messed up with her besides that due to not mentioned her Hoenn adventure or at least adding a new capture or evo like May which for me bugged me more. however her coming back for liking showing Unova what contests were would of been better than the PWT

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    The better question is: Do people even care enough about Brock to warrant him a cameo?
    I care about him, Brock is one of my favorite characters ever.

    At least he had that special dedicated to him.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    The better question is: Do people even care enough about Brock to warrant him a cameo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Oh, I know there are, and most of them (like 98%) are Gen1 fans who are clearly not the target audience of the show anymore.
    Hahahaha, you are 100% and absolutely right

    But ... on topic ... not having Brock in a talking role is one of the things that BW has done VERY well, the guy got stale since Clefairy and the Moon Stone (¬_¬).
    I don´t think he is missed actually so, even with Dawn´s mentions, I didn´t saw any chances for him to appearing ... luckily.
    Last edited by Sushi; 8th January 2013 at 10:16 PM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Canalava Mines
    Posts
    3,512

    Default

    A Lab episode seems likely, but I can't see him appearing during the final stretch of Unova.

    Like Shiny said, his memory appearance and being mentioned (not once but twice) seemed as though that's all we're gonna get.

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Still better done than Brock coming for the PWT when he is working on his doctor thing. Plus tbh you can also say they messed up with her besides that due to not mentioned her Hoenn adventure or at least adding a new capture or evo like May which for me bugged me more. however her coming back for liking showing Unova what contests were would of been better than the PWT
    Wouldn't be well done either, thats why if he appears it should be in Kanto, Satoshi can come back home and his mom tells Takeshi he is coming home so he comes to visit, easy reasonable way to make him appear.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •