Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have Brock's chances of a cameo in BW dwindled?

Default Have Brock's chances of a cameo in BW dwindled?

With BW rapidly ending within about 7 months, and most of the rest of BW being focused on N and Team Plasma, do you think Brock's chances of getting a cameo like Dawn have dwindled?

The only time I can see Brock appearing now is maybe for 1 episode at Pallet Town at the very end. I really just don't see them having Brock appear in Unova when we only have like 35 episodes left.

The better question is: Do people even care enough about Brock to warrant him a cameo?

None was expecting him to appear unless we get a lab episode.

Hey a Cyber thread.

If he was going to be in the N arc you'd think he'd be on the poster like Dawn was, I don't think thats going to happen.
    If they do a party type episode that has all of Ash's friends including Brock at the end of the series, I could see it maybe.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

He already got one.

All a cameo is is a brief showing of the character. If we got 2 seconds of gary watching the unova league. that would be a cameo

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    The better question is: Do people even care enough about Brock to warrant him a cameo?
    There are more Brock fans around than you think there are..

I really wanted him to get a cameo, but it seems they used Dawn's memories of him so that they didn't have to give him his own appearance..

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

There you are, I see you in the back there!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I really wanted him to get a cameo, but it seems they used Dawn's memories of him so that they didn't have to give him his own appearance..
    I was thinking of that too. Its very similar to the way the Misty lure was brought up back in DP without Misty herself appearing.

At least Brock did get a special at Pewter Gym.

There are more Brock fans around than you think there are..

Oh, I know there are, and most of them (like 98%) are Gen1 fans who are clearly not the target audience of the show anymore.

Oh, I know there are, and most of them (like 98%) are Gen1 fans who are clearly not the target audience of the show anymore.
    I wonder if any kids who grew up with DP wound up really liking Brock.

I've hung around kids, mostly at my old job, during that time and they tended to like Ash more than Dawn and Brock. It seems that amongst the older fanbase, people like Dawn and Ash (and side characters). I've very rarely seen people being huge fans of Brock, though.

I don't care.

Also he had two cameos.

I've hung around kids, mostly at my old job, during that time and they tended to like Ash more than Dawn and Brock. It seems that amongst the older fanbase, people like Dawn and Ash (and side characters). I've very rarely seen people being huge fans of Brock, though.
    Really? I would think kids would have liked Dawn the best of the DP trio. Interesting.

I'd love Brock to make an appearance and I agree that when Ash returns to Kanto, that would be a good time.

Dawn had a reason to come to Unova. World Tournament due to Cynthia who seems to travel regions quite lot. Brock has his doctor goals so he had no reason to go to the PWT. If anything he might be studying at Ash's house for some reason to be close to Oak who might help him and they meet for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Really? I would think kids would have liked Dawn the best of the DP trio. Interesting.

I'd love Brock to make an appearance and I agree that when Ash returns to Kanto, that would be a good time.
    I thought little girls would like Dawn, too, but they usually said Ash was their favorite. Go figure.

Yes they do.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    He already got one.

All a cameo is is a brief showing of the character. If we got 2 seconds of gary watching the unova league. that would be a cameo
    Agreed.

Unfortunately it seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Dawn had a reason to come to Unova.
    Actually, no she didn't.

The writers made an excuse for her to return and this time it was very obvious. Same with Misty. May had a reason as contests were in Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Yes they do.
    Yeah, like, a couple? Not enough to make the writers think "HARK! WE MUST BRING BROCK BACK FOR A CAMEO! HIS INSANE FANBASE IS DEMANDING SO!" ...Yeah.

Dawn had a reason to come to Unova. World Tournament due to Cynthia who seems to travel regions quite lot. Brock has his doctor goals so he had no reason to go to the PWT. If anything he might be studying at Ash's house for some reason to be close to Oak who might help him and they meet for a bit.
    Like Haunter said no she didn't, Haruka was well done since it was a Coordinator coming to a special contest, now Hikari comes from Hoenn out of nowhere to do a battling tournament that just by coincidence Satoshi will also take part in, thats as convinient as her whole "I get Togekiss!" episode.

There has been no evidence for or against Brock getting a cameo, hence this thread is speculation without evidence. Besides, the answer is simple; why do just a cameo instead of fixing up the character so even more people would want an official return?
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

He can appear in the episode when Ash comes home. And meet Cilan and iris zhere.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Yeah, like, a couple?
    A couple million umadbro

Not enough to make the writers think "HARK! WE MUST BRING BROCK BACK FOR A CAMEO! HIS INSANE FANBASE IS DEMANDING SO!" ...Yeah.
    That's not what you initially questioned though, you questioned whether people care and quite frankly yes enough people do which is evidently seen in the anime spoilers if you actually knew what you was talking about.

p.s There are hundreds of things in the anime that fans love but the writers don't always bring them back, Brock probably won't be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Like Haunter said no she didn't, Haruka was well done since it was a Coordinator coming to a special contest, now Hikari comes from Hoenn out of nowhere to do a battling tournament that just by coincidence Satoshi will also take part in, thats as convinient as her whole "I get Togekiss!" episode.
    Still better done than Brock coming for the PWT when he is working on his doctor thing. Plus tbh you can also say they messed up with her besides that due to not mentioned her Hoenn adventure or at least adding a new capture or evo like May which for me bugged me more. however her coming back for liking showing Unova what contests were would of been better than the PWT

I care about him, Brock is one of my favorite characters ever.

At least he had that special dedicated to him.

Hahahaha, you are 100% and absolutely right

But ... on topic ... not having Brock in a talking role is one of the things that BW has done VERY well, the guy got stale since Clefairy and the Moon Stone (¬_¬).
    I don´t think he is missed actually so, even with Dawn´s mentions, I didn´t saw any chances for him to appearing ... luckily.
    Last edited by Sushi; 8th January 2013 at 10:16 PM.

A Lab episode seems likely, but I can't see him appearing during the final stretch of Unova.

Like Shiny said, his memory appearance and being mentioned (not once but twice) seemed as though that's all we're gonna get.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Still better done than Brock coming for the PWT when he is working on his doctor thing. Plus tbh you can also say they messed up with her besides that due to not mentioned her Hoenn adventure or at least adding a new capture or evo like May which for me bugged me more. however her coming back for liking showing Unova what contests were would of been better than the PWT
    Wouldn't be well done either, thats why if he appears it should be in Kanto, Satoshi can come back home and his mom tells Takeshi he is coming home so he comes to visit, easy reasonable way to make him appear.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast