Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have Brock's chances of a cameo in BW dwindled?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Hahahaha, you are 100% and absolutely right

But ... on topic ... not having Brock in a talking role is one of the things that BW has done VERY well, the guy was unbearable, and he got stale since Clefairy and the Moon Stone (¬_¬).
    I don´t think he is missed actually so, even with Dawn´s mentions, I didn´t saw any chances for him to appearing ... luckily.
    I miss him He is better than Cilan imo.

Flirting with girls gag >>>>>>>>>>>>>> cooking references gag.

X)

Also I found him to be very entertaining character, to each his own I guess :P

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    A couple million umadbro
    Millions? Now that's a joke.

He probably won't appear unless it's at Pallet Town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post

X)

As a Game Brock/Manga Brock fan, I found Anime Brock kinda annoying =S, at least Cilan conserves his ... dignity =/, Brock became from a background supporting character to a painful character ... and the way he got screwed with Togepi was awful

X)

I dont think thats a gag for Dent.

I would have liked Brock and Cilan to meet, but its probably very unlikely now.

We only have roughly 34 episodes left if you count the weeks till September...and I can't see him appearing in the middle of a Plasma arc.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

We only have roughly 34 episodes left if you count the weeks till September...and I can't see him appearing in the middle of a Plasma arc.
    The only way they could possibly meet now is if Cilan is staying for gen. 6 and they meet Brock in Pallet Town when Ash comes back there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

He already got a cameo.

Stop being a sperglord Cyber.

If only they could make a meta episode of the series where they meet and conspire to kill Ash off so they could become the stars of the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Millions? Now that's a joke.
    Of course it is, but so was you're statement "a couple".

Excellent work on ignoring the rest of my post which proved you wrong.

Of course it is, but so was you're statement "a couple".

Excellent work on ignoring the rest of my post which proved you wrong.
    lol. What 'rest of your post'?

Also, I'd love to see some statistics, poll results, and general Brock love (particularly on here) to prove that he's beloved. Go on, Haunter.

Also, I'd love to see some statistics, poll results, and general Brock love (particularly on here) to prove that he's beloved. Go on, Haunter.
    How do you prove he's loved only by a "couple" on here, the whole serebii forums and other forums?

How do you prove he's loved only by a "couple" on here, the whole serebii forums and other forums?
    She might just be talking about DP-era Brock. We know classic Brock was well liked, but not so much in the last generation.

You talk like Brock had a chance of having a cameo. This amuses me.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

It seems there's a lot of bashing against Brock rather than responding to the post in general.

I don't think he'd return unless it's a Pallet episode personally. Sounds like it would be the best time for it.

Well, there's no way to conclusively state that he's loved by an exact number of people. However, you can use conjecture to see which characters are more popular. For example, a good amount of people love most of the female characters based on the fact they are often discussed and in a positive manner. Same with Ash. And certain othr characters.

When it comes to Brock, I see a lot of people talk about how stale and annoying he ended up becoming. I see little fanart and fanfiction for him. People rarely state he's a favorite of theirs. I remember being here when Cilan was announced as coming onto the show and very few complained about this. Most of the people who do like Brock tend to be Gen1 fans or random dudes who like him...for some reason? I guess because he's 'funny' for falling for chicks or whatever? Regardless, Brock's fans do not number in the millions. That's a gross exaggeration.

She might just be talking about DP-era Brock. We know classic Brock was well liked, but not so much in the last generation.
    Yeah, I'm talking about his character as he ended up becoming. He was okay in Kanto, though, I think he got old pretty fast once he got back to the show in the Johto era.

This was the rest which you blatently ignored:

Not enough to make the writers think "HARK! WE MUST BRING BROCK BACK FOR A CAMEO! HIS INSANE FANBASE IS DEMANDING SO!" ...Yeah.
    That's not what you initially questioned though, you questioned whether people care and quite frankly yes enough people do which is evidently seen in the anime spoilers if you actually knew what you was talking about.

p.s There are hundreds of things in the anime that fans love but the writers don't always bring them back, Brock probably won't be any different.

In this thread alone with only 2 pages people have said they liked him/wanted him to appear again:

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I really wanted him to get a cameo
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I'd love Brock to make an appearance and I agree that when Ash returns to Kanto, that would be a good time.
    I care about him, Brock is one of my favorite characters ever.
    I would have liked Brock and Cilan to meet
    Oh, and you should read these comments hope you're happy now xoxoxo

So a couple of kids at the Serebii forums is 'proof' that he has an overwhelming amount of fans?

Also, I did read your entire post. I just don't see how it proves anything at all.

I think the people that grew up with the Pokemon anime from the start all probably particularly in favor on Brock and other characters making an appearance in the series.

Yet again the younger viewers probably don't care about seeing what these older characters are doing if they aren't a part of the main cast. So I'm doubting any cameo from Brock in the near future.

So a couple of kids at the Serebii forums is 'proof' that he has an overwhelming amount of fans?
    Are you for real? You asked me to find people on THIS thread and poll results on THIS forum. I found them for you, and now you're changing the subject to me somehow proving Brock has a huge fanbase. I simply said at first the people do want to see him again whether you choose to believe it or not.

Also, I did read your entire post. I just don't see how it proves anything at all.
    It proved that you're pratically changing the subject of this conversation frequently. You argue something and as soon as you're given a reasonable and defiant response that you act immaturely and change the subject/question of you're debate.

Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    I think the people that grew up with the Pokemon anime from the start all probably particularly in favor on Brock and other characters making an appearance in the series.

Yet again the younger viewers probably don't care about seeing what these older characters are doing if they aren't a part of the main cast. So I'm doubting any cameo from Brock in the near future.
    Basically.

Most of the younger fans tend to care about newer characters. At most, Brock might show up at Pallet Town. Maybe.

Are you for real? You asked me to find people on THIS thread and poll results on THIS forum. I found them for you, and now you're changing the subject to me somehow proving Brock has a huge fanbase. I simply said at first the people do want to see him again whether you choose to believe it or not.

It proved that you're pratically changing the subject of this conversation frequently. You argue something and as soon as you're given a reasonable and defiant response that you act immaturely and change the subject/question of you're debate.

Ridiculous.
    First of all, that link has a lot of mixed responses. Some people want to see him come back and others are like, "Dear God NO".

Second of all, you claimed that Brock had millions of fans. One thread on here where he doesn't even have a lot of people yearning for his return doesn't prove that at all.

Third of all, you are the one trying to turn this discussion on its heels with your fruitless claims.

Brock just isn't as popular as you are saying he is. No amount of 'proof' can dispute that.

Due to the fact I grew up with the older series, I'd like to see the older characters more. It's just the fact it sucks knowing that myself, and other people like me with the same viewpoints, aren't the initial focus anymore of the writers.

Now only if I could brainwash the younger kids into begging for what I want, then we could be getting somewhere..

First of all, that link has a lot of mixed responses. Some people want to see him come back and others are like, "Dear God NO".
    One person said they didn't, lolz. A large variety were wanting to see him make some return of a kind.

Second of all, you claimed that Brock had millions of fans. One thread on here where he doesn't even have a lot of people yearning for his return doesn't prove that at all.
    No I didn't. I told you it was a joke, just as you're "a couple" was a joke aswell (and if it wasn't then you seriously are very deluded).

p.s I never said I would prove anything even if he did have millions of fans so stop picking at straws you're making up in you're head.

Third of all, you are the one trying to turn this discussion on its heels with your fruitless claims.
    What claims? Or are you going to make up something else aswell?

Brock just isn't as popular as you are saying he is. No amount of 'proof' can dispute that.
    Lmao I never stated once that Brock was popular. I said that people DO want to see him return, I never said people don't want him to return. Please stop with the ridiculous made up comments it's killing me, it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    Due to the fact I grew up with the older series, I'd like to see the older characters more. It's just the fact it sucks knowing that myself, and other people like me with the same viewpoints, aren't the initial focus anymore of the writers.

Now only if I could brainwash the younger kids into begging for what I want, then we could be getting somewhere..
    It's weird because aside from a couple of COTDs, I really don't care much for the other main characters like Misty and Brock, probably because they degenerated so much. Although some of the characters introduced later got flanderized or lost some of their zest, at least they got to accomplish SOME stuff on the show or had decent episodes centered around them. Misty and Brock barely got to shine, so they became bland and since the writers haven't had them do anything too interesting after their initial show (Misty said goodbye to Togekiss and Brock..........), I just don't care much for them and neither do a lot of fans.

There's probably more characters people would want to cameo instead of Brock. There's people who still want Misty to cameo again, even.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast