Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th Generation Announced! Hopes? Fears?

lol, cloud nine doesnt even get rid of weather. it just makes the weather disappear for the duration of how long that pokemon is in play. once its gone, weather comes back up.

I'm hoping for new evolutions of older pokemon. Pokemon such as farfetch'd and luvdisc (like we all thought Alomomola would be) could use it.
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

I'd like a defensive power creep giving more power to stall and a more balanced playstyle. With an ever increasing amount of pokemon it will be even harder to be able to check the increasing amount of offensive threats without appropiate defensive options to compensate. That and weather needs a nerf. Maybe make it a 33% boost to Water/Fire moves instead with more Sand abusers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I'd like a defensive power creep giving more power to stall and a more balanced playstyle. With an ever increasing amount of pokemon it will be even harder to be able to check the increasing amount of offensive threats without appropiate defensive options to compensate. That and weather needs a nerf. Maybe make it a 33% boost to Water/Fire moves instead with more Sand abusers.
    Y u no love hail? If anything, it's hail that needs a boost, since the only decent option going for it is Blizzard Spam, and Kyurem's the only one that does that well in OU.

I too would like to see some more defensive Pokes coming in, not too many, because I do despise Stall, but at least something that'll give us more diversity in our teams. I'd also like to see some more cool typings and abilities.

Ice Cold Fire

why this no post in 6th gen discussion.

Anyway hopes: I hope the Pokemon are nice, and so far their looking good, and I hope the world is better than 5th gen. In the 5th gen I didn't feel like I was really exploring anything, it was one big circle. I hope its more set up like Kanto was where you actually feel like your moving around a world and not going in a circle.

Fears: I'm kinda afraid that it might be a shorter game. I'm not sure how much a cart can hold and i'm afraid the 3D will take up to much space.Though i'm probably worrying for nothing. And I'm also afraid that it will be to damn easy again. 5th gen was to easy, and it was prolonged with huge level spikes between gyms that made you grind. It felt like a grind fest. I hope 6th gen has better pacing and prolongs the game with story and content and not just by forcing you to grind a few hours.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    You mean change the stats of a Pokemon? Can they even do that? I mean yeah they can do it in the sense that is possible but are they allowed to?
    In the strictest sense, yes, they are. The creators of the game can create, change, or remove anything they please with the games that they make, including change how stats work.
    This was seen, for example, in the change from stat experience to EV's and IV's from generation I to generation II.

As far as the competitive department goes, I hope team preview is optional. That way, the people who don't want it can choose not to use it, and the people who do want it can choose to use it. The competitive metagame would default to team preview disabled.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Hopes:
    1. They fix the GTS so everyone can't ask for a level 9 or under Zekrom, Reshiram, etc.

2. We get at least a Dragon Eeveelution, and hopefully also Ghost or Steel type.

3. A Dark Gym. Make it happen already, Game Freak.

4. An engaging plot that rivals Black/White's.

5. Another female professor, and even a female Rival.

6. If the region is based on Europe as a whole, and not just France, I want a literal Pokemon Colosseum based off of the Roman one.

7. Evolutions for Girafarig, Xatu, Audino, Plusle/Minun/Pachirisu/Emolga, Jynx, Farfetch'd, Chatot, Illumise/Volbeat (Bug/Electic please), Dunsparce, Mawile, Spinda, Tropius (Give me my Grass/Dragon), Basculin, and Luvdisc.

Pre-Evolutions for Skarmory, Tauros/Miltank, Absol.

8. Customizable characters.

9. RSE remakes eventually, with cool redesigns for May, Brendan and Wally.

Fears:

1. Another Fire/Fighting Starter.

2. Useless new HMs.

3. Too many expies of previous Pokemon. They kind of went overboard with them in Black/White.

4. Pokemon that have to be traded to evolve... I hate that mechanic.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by PinKunoichi View Post
    Hopes:
    1. They fix the GTS so everyone can't ask for a level 9 or under Zekrom, Reshiram, etc.
    A Pokémon, whether legendary or not, is still a Pokémon. If one Pokémon can be asked to only be sent to a player if it's level 9 or under, another Pokémon can, too. In other words, the GTS can't differentiate between whether or not a Pokémon can be legitimately obtained at a level, because in order to do that, it would have to separate legendaries from non-legendaries, which it can't do.

2. We get at least a Dragon Eeveelution, and hopefully also Ghost or Steel type.

3. A Dark Gym. Make it happen already, Game Freak.

5. Another female professor, and even a female Rival.
    Sure.

6. If the region is based on Europe as a whole, and not just France, I want a literal Pokemon Colosseum based off of the Roman one.
    Wait, where did they say that the region was based off of Europe? o:

7. Evolutions for Girafarig, Xatu, Audino, Plusle/Minun/Pachirisu/Emolga, Jynx, Farfetch'd, Chatot, Illumise/Volbeat (Bug/Electic please), Dunsparce, Mawile, Spinda, Tropius (Give me my Grass/Dragon), Basculin, and Luvdisc.
    Girafarig, Dunsparce, Mawile, Sableye, and Luvdisc I can agree on. The rest just don't feel like they would have evolutions, in my opinion.

Pre-Evolutions for Skarmory, Tauros/Miltank, Absol.
    Agreed. And with Tauros and Miltank, they could be the same Pokémon that evolve into either one or the other depending on gender.

9. RSE remakes eventually, with cool redesigns for May, Brendan and Wally.
    Also agreed.

Fears:

1. Another Fire/Fighting Starter.

2. Useless new HMs.

3. Too many expies of previous Pokemon. They kind of went overboard with them in Black/White.

4. Pokemon that have to be traded to evolve... I hate that mechanic.
    While I'm not "afraid" of another Fire/Fighting starter, I still wouldn't really want one. Useless new HM's are just for storyline purposes anyway, so I'm not afraid of them, either.

Despite common belief, there's more evidence than lack thereof that suggests that Black and White were meant to be a fresh new start just like Kanto was. This meant that there were bound to be Unova Pokémon that matched their Kanto counterparts. But because gen VI is after gen V, I hope there aren't too many counterparts to previous Pokémon.

And I don't mind the lattermost thing, either. Although for all intents and purposes, if they did make trade-to-evolve Pokémon, I'd rather have them be novelty Pokémon rather than extremely viable ones (for both in-game and competitive battling). That way, people wouldn't feel as bad if they couldn't get them.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I want a falcon pokemon with awesome stats and typing...still going on about this,even after 5 gens^^

I want a Dark gym and more Dark type pokemon

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Dream Radar, I've scammed a few people off of their high levelled shinies for legendaries that had horrid natures. No less, it would be tricky to program regardless and then there are events to consider. I doubt it will happen.

Yes please, it was very fresh.

Yes please, the ones that aren't great need to get the taste for blood.

Doubt that will happen but we can dream (even if the customization is simple like in Battle Revolution). Maybe something like Animal Crossing where you can change your character's head to be the head of one of your Miis? Look at it this way though, as long as you look as cool as EgoRaptor; what could go wrong? Answer; the desire of not wanting a sailor mouth. Wait, this has nothing to do with the competitive side!

On topic of the pathetically useless of the never used tier, I hope that they don't go overboard with new Pokemon and only make new starters, legendaries, evolutions of Pokemon that don't fair well on the battlefield, and the odd gimmick creature.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    I take the entry hazard part out of stall being destroyed then. I still hate how entry hazards centralise the metagame though. Defog needs to blow away hazards to fix it flavorwise.
    Sorry, but entry hazards make the game a lot more interesting. They add a greater element of strategy in both teambuilding and battling, meaning you may have to save your spinner or lose a pokemon, giving the opponent an advantage. It's fun!

Anywaysssss:

Hopes: Few pokemon that will go into Ubers
    Few Fighting types
    An actually interesting side-thing (like the contests)
    New types
    Dual typing for moves (Well, unsure about this one, but still)

Fears:
    They'll focus too much on the story, like they almost did in BW2
    Lots of stupid, useless, and unnecessary pokemon (like Farfetch'd and Luvdisc and the Monkey-sages)
    Ridiculous new mechanics
    Lots of Fighting types.

Gawd I hate Fighting types.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Hopes:
    1. They will create more broken pokes with insane abilities such as Sand rush Exca, Speed Boost Blaziken, Multiscale D-nite, Tech Loom & etc.
    2. Sword Dance will only boost "Slashing" type moves <- I know its sounds dumb, but it makes perfect sense if it work that way.
    3. Moveset Change.
    4. New Mechanics, hopefully new status effects.

Fears:
    1. They wont change anything but adding new garbage pokes with ugly appearance and useless stats.

My worst fear is that they're going to have a bad storyline/characters.

I have other things to fear, but this is the one that worries me the most. Please GF...please let X/Y have a good story...please....

As a fan I would really like to see a shuckle evolution even if it sucks but thats just me.

As a player i would like to see hail sun rain clear skies and sand more ballanced and for stall to become more viable again with effective walls but i fear that is all too much to ask so ill go with stall becomming more viable and hail being more capable of playing along with sun. sand and rain dont need any more toys

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Quote Originally Posted by Eliteknight View Post
    As a fan I would really like to see a shuckle evolution even if it sucks but thats just me.
    Eviolite Shuckle will be toooooo broken
    BW2 FC: 4170 2657 9116
    I'm not very experienced in battles so my team can be swept easily (I think )

Can spread pokerus.
    Если Вы легко можете прочитать эту фразу без переводчика, Вы знаете русский язык. Поздравляю. Otherwise, use translate services.

My biggest hope:
    Random Matchup Singles 6v6, lv 100s (auto-level) or lv 50s (auto-level down)
    Some small hopes:
    More new dual-types
    Good physical sweeper with Water Absorb or one more good sweeper with Dry Skin.
    More moths (dance, quiver, dance)
    Fears: Normal/Ghost type (immunity to ghost and fighting)
    BW2 FC: 4170 2657 9116
    I'm not very experienced in battles so my team can be swept easily (I think )

Can spread pokerus.
    Если Вы легко можете прочитать эту фразу без переводчика, Вы знаете русский язык. Поздравляю. Otherwise, use translate services.

Quote Originally Posted by Elveman View Post
    Eviolite Shuckle will be toooooo broken
    Shuckle can't afford to give up his Leftovers, and Eviolite Shuckle would still be set-up bait. No, it'll take Seismic Toss and reliable recovery to ever let Shuckle leave NU.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBae View Post
    Hopes:
    1. They will create more broken pokes with insane abilities such as Sand rush Exca, Speed Boost Blaziken, Multiscale D-nite, Tech Loom & etc.
    2. Sword Dance will only boost "Slashing" type moves <- I know its sounds dumb, but it makes perfect sense if it work that way.
    1. Too unhealthy for an already unstable metagame. I mean we have a lot of high octane offensive pokemon, maybe balance it out by adding more defensive oriented Pokemon. At the very least though, some Pokemon really do need to get buffed (Levitate Magnezone, I'm looking at you).

2. That has to be the worst and most uninspiring nerf I've ever heard. Look at the game's description of Swords Dance: "A frenetic dance to uplift the fighting spirit. It sharply raises the user’s Attack stat." Just because something has the name Sword in it doesn't mean that it's strictly designed for attacks pertaining to Swords or Sword action. Plus you'd set the standard for boosting moves, what's next, a Calm Mind that only affects Mind-oriented attacks? Nasty Plot exclusive to naughty attacks? Swords Dance is fine as is and the game makes it very clear that it's a dance that uplifts fighting spirit, not exclusive to sword moves.

Hopes; A defensive ghost steel type with good stats.

Fears; they never release this for ds lite or the block ds. Seriously I am NOT buying a 3ds just to play a Pokemon game. Chances are this will only be 3ds but still

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Fears; they never release this for ds lite or the block ds. Seriously I am NOT buying a 3ds just to play a Pokemon game. Chances are this will only be 3ds but still
    That fear is reality. It's not coming out for DS. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Hopes; A defensive ghost steel type with good stats.

What do you expect from a dying system? :/

I want to see the ice type get a buff or two, like a resistance to water or something.

I also want to see more moves with interesting mechanics.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

some competitive things i would like to see...

• an influx in better defensive mons, not just in terms of defensive stats, but more widespread recovery moves and possibly some faster defensive pokemon in order to keep up with the over-powered offensive threats all over the place.

• a new type - i think it's about time, seeing as the last time a new type was released was gen 2, and instead of making weather more prominent, a new type could serve in its place to sort of shake up the metagame in a different way. i think it also would make sense seeing as the supposed emphasis on genetics (x and y) could maybe make a mad-made typing a real possibility.

• i definitely feel as though some older mons deserve an evolution, and with bw not giving rise to many, i think we're due.

• i think i speak for everyone when i say that the spinning / blocking side of battling needs some upgrades. forretress and starmie have been the premier spinners for a crazy amount of time, and i think it's fair to say that they are slowly becoming obsolete, so some new, more practical spinners would be appreciated. as for spin blockers, gengar has never been that great, and now with rotom losing it's ghost typing, we're basically left with jellicent, who can't do it alone, so some better ghosts would also help.

i'll post more if i think of anything.
    ~signature~

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post

That has to be the worst and most uninspiring nerf I've ever heard. Look at the game's description of Swords Dance: "A frenetic dance to uplift the fighting spirit. It sharply raises the user’s Attack stat." Just because something has the name Sword in it doesn't mean that it's strictly designed for attacks pertaining to Swords or Sword action. Plus you'd set the standard for boosting moves, what's next, a Calm Mind that only affects Mind-oriented attacks? Nasty Plot exclusive to naughty attacks? Swords Dance is fine as is and the game makes it very clear that it's a dance that uplifts fighting spirit, not exclusive to sword moves.
    1.) Well Sir if you take a look at the distribution of move "Sword Dance" the pokemon who gets the move consists of pokes who has big claws/sharp edges such as Scizor, Terrakion, Haxorus, Weavile, Virizion, Garchomp, Pinsir, Marowak, or Zangoose. So the reason that they get SD is to increase the power of their cutting ability and expand the size of their weapon/claw/horn/spike.
    For example, do Machamp/Medicham/Hariyama or learn Sword dance? No. Why not? its about "uplifting the fighting spirit" right? Nope, because they is designed to battle raw strength/else meaning that Sword dance is irrelevant for them.

2.) Take a look at this links of pictures i found in Wikipedia and tell me which part of em is receiving the effect of "Sword Dance":
        Spoiler:- SD:

3.) So I think its safe for me to say that "Sword Dance only increasing cutting move might be non bebenficial but still make perfect sense and possible"

gg

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    My worst fear is that they're going to have a bad storyline/characters.

I have other things to fear, but this is the one that worries me the most. Please GF...please let X/Y have a good story...please....
    They've slowly gotten better at that throughout the series.

1st gen- seemed to me almost no story plot, other than trying to maneuver into saffron and going from there.

2nd gen- slightly better, but still bad storylines. great exploration though.

3rd gen-best gen ever, hands down. better plot, with emerald getting involved

4th gen- so much better, incorporating the legends much better.

black/white- arguably best plot.

b/w2- pretty good plotline, requiring side missions and stuff.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast