Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 6th Generation Announced! Hopes? Fears?

Quote Originally Posted by That Crazy Russian™ View Post
    They've slowly gotten better at that throughout the series.

1st gen- seemed to me almost no story plot, other than trying to maneuver into saffron and going from there.

2nd gen- slightly better, but still bad storylines. great exploration though.

3rd gen-best gen ever, hands down. better plot, with emerald getting involved

4th gen- so much better, incorporating the legends much better.

black/white- arguably best plot.

b/w2- pretty good plotline, requiring side missions and stuff.
    Yes, but I fear that they will regress and not progress. >.> They've been getting better, but I could totally see them not caring about the story much and spending more time on other things.

I genuinely fear that the metagame will collapse, that being said, I'm debating whether or not I should write about WHY it will collapse. The problem is that simply too many things overpower everything else, and by doing so, leaves virtually no chance for other. Things to succeed. That and Pokemon Showdown is going to have a hell of a time doing the new battling. XD

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBae View Post
    3.) So I think its safe for me to say that "Sword Dance only increasing cutting move might be non bebenficial but still make perfect sense and possible"
    Not really, no. You mentioned a bunch of Pokemon that learn Swords Dance with scythes, weapons, or whatever, but what you didn't mention were Pokemon like Shroomish, Raticate, Exeggcute, Riolu, Chimchar, Cherubi, and Lickitung, who have little to nothing on their designs to suggest any sort of blades. In fact, I'm not aware that Exeggcute even gets any cutting-related moves. You're also taking visual evidence from the anime, which has nothing to do with the games. The in-game description does say that the user raises the fighting spirit. That's not referring to Fighting-types, so it's not surprising that many Fighting types don't learn it.

Besides that, I don't see any reason to change Swords Dance to something so restrictive besides flavor, which isn't a good enough reason.

if were going to get based off aesthetics, then many pokemon wouldn't learn certain moves, *cough*wooper-ice punch*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBae View Post
    1.) Well Sir if you take a look at the distribution of move "Sword Dance" the pokemon who gets the move consists of pokes who has big claws/sharp edges such as Scizor, Terrakion, Haxorus, Weavile, Virizion, Garchomp, Pinsir, Marowak, or Zangoose. So the reason that they get SD is to increase the power of their cutting ability and expand the size of their weapon/claw/horn/spike.
    For example, do Machamp/Medicham/Hariyama or learn Sword dance? No. Why not? its about "uplifting the fighting spirit" right? Nope, because they is designed to battle raw strength/else meaning that Sword dance is irrelevant for them.

2.) Take a look at this links of pictures i found in Wikipedia and tell me which part of em is receiving the effect of "Sword Dance":
        Spoiler:- SD:

3.) So I think its safe for me to say that "Sword Dance only increasing cutting move might be non bebenficial but still make perfect sense and possible"

gg
    1) First of all I think you need to look at the distribution of Swords Dance again:

- Mew
    - Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium
    - Riolu
    - Sunflora
    - Ledyba, Ledian
    - Gloom, Vileplume, Bellosom
    - Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff
    - Tangela, Tangrowth
    - Lickitung, Lickilicky
    - Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo
    - Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry
    - Celebi
    - Arceus
    Please tell me how it is that these Pokemon are able to learn Swords Dance without having big claws, weapons, or sharp edges.

Again, the game says that Swords Dance is "A frenetic dance to uplift the fighting spirit. It sharply raises the user’s Attack stat." It never even suggests that it's a dance that ONLY increases the size of their claws or whatever weapon that the Pokemon has. As for Spirit, Fighting Spirit can mean a Pokemon’s raw strength or Fighting Potential. But not weapons since the TM doesn’t specifically state that it’s for weapons.

Secondly where did you get the idea that 'fighting spirit' is SOLELY for fighting types? That's a huge logical fail to say that fighting types don't get swords dance therefore swords dance users are users with weapons, because Riolu is a fighting type that doesn’t have a visible weapon yet it still learns Swords Dance, Breloom is also another fighting type that learns SD and doesn't have scythes, etc.

2) Wow, so clearly the anime follows the continuity of the Pokemon games right? (Hint: they both have different canons). Also if you want to argue anime, you managed to overlook this: Consider that Farfetch’d has a leek that it sometime uses as a weapon, but wait…take a look at this photo and the description of Farfetch’d’s use of Swords dance: “Farfetch'd flies into the air and spins rapidly.” But wait…? Quelle Surprise!!! Farfetch’d using SD doesn’t even increase its leek’s thickness or turn blue like the other examples you used…what gives?

3) No, it's a ridiculously unnecessary restriction that's going to result in almost no usage at all. Who's going to use SD with Cut when Cut/Slash has crappy power and crappy coverage. You also make the distribution list a whole lot smaller in terms of who can actually and viably run your “balanced” SD in a competition. It also makes no sense, I don’t know how you overlook the “Fighting Spirit” part and just incorrectly assume that every Pokemon that knows SD must have claws/weapons/etc. in order to use SD.

My hopes for 6th Gen Competitive Battling are simple; I want to see some more diversity. Gen 5 left us in a very standard environment, where you fought the same teams with tiny variation left and right. Hopefully, with the advent of Gen 6, we will see a little more deviation from this.

A little bit wishful, if you ask me, but it is my main hope.

But my biggest fear is that, like Gen 4 did to Pokemon, Gen 6 will bring a whole new set of mechanics that everyone will need to get used to. I mean, I really enjoy how EV training, IVs, Natures etc. all work out right now; changing it all would be a pretty big jump. Not that I'm unwilling, I'd just prefer that everything stay the relatively the same.

Regardless, whatever happens, I'm excited to see what's to come to the table. (:

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I want to see some new stuff like Trick Room that lends viability to Pokemon like Rampardos who would otherwise never be viable. Perhaps a move like Trick Room that switches everyone's offensive and defensive stats, or something like that.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

My hope is simple,, to Nintendo find and recognize RQ,, it's a chain effect and really a mood destroyer for the pokemon battle,, and also recognize and ban the pokemon from flash cart game,, or at least prevent them from coming to gen VI pokemon,, because those pokemon are unstable, therefore potentially ruin the battle,,
    simply Pokemon lover

looking for these FS:

steel klang

FC: 1246-8803-7575
    safari type, fire, braixen, pyroar, ponyta..

Quote Originally Posted by Osada View Post
    My hope is simple,, to Nintendo find and recognize RQ,, it's a chain effect and really a mood destroyer for the pokemon battle,, and also recognize and ban the pokemon from flash cart game,, or at least prevent them from coming to gen VI pokemon,, because those pokemon are unstable, therefore potentially ruin the battle,,
    ??? I DON'T SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE, CAN YOU SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE!? Anyways, it would be nice if we get a physical equivelent of Psyshock, preferably an Electric or Fire move. **** you Skarmory.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    ??? I DON'T SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE, CAN YOU SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE!? Anyways, it would be nice if we get a physical equivelent of Psyshock, preferably an Electric or Fire move. **** you Skarmory.
    what part of it you don't understand? my post is clear enough,, maybe you don't speak pokemon terms, or you should ask anybody who speaks english,, because even pre-schooler can understand,,

PS: be polite dude,,IT IS NOT NICE TO WROTE POST IN CAPITAL. unless you are mentally troubled,, I can't understand.
    simply Pokemon lover

looking for these FS:

steel klang

FC: 1246-8803-7575
    safari type, fire, braixen, pyroar, ponyta..

I'd like a Poison-type legendary. I don't even give a **** how non-viable it would be, I'd still find a way to use it. Literally every other type except Bug has a legendary, give Poison some love.

On topic, I'd like a Poison-type legendary. I don't even give a **** how non-viable it would be, I'd still find a way to use it. Literally every other type except Bug has a legendary, give Poison some love.
    Forgetting Genesect?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Forgetting Genesect?
    Knew I was forgetting something. Ever since that damn thing was banned I haven't even thought about it.

My hopes for Gen 6 is simple. More defensive power creep. seriously, gen 5 has such a huge boost in power creep that it's not even funny. I also want a perma-TR setter, wishful thinking. I also want Gen 6 OU Metagame to be more interesting. Gen 5 OU is literally rain + clear skies and occasional other teams. Yeah.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I really hope that they use some animals that haven't been made into Pokemon yet. We've seen tons of pigeon Pokemon, so why not make the regional bird a Kiwi, or maybe a Bird of Paradise? There's so many ideas they could be using that they haven't even touched yet.
    And, I agree, a Poison legend would be awesome. We have WAY too many Dragon and Psychic legends, I just want to see something new...

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

A permanent Trick Room setter would be broken because there's no way to override it. At least if Rain or Sun really screws you over you can carry Hail or Sandstorm somewhere to cancel it. However, an item like Light Clay or the Weather Rocks for Trick Room would be nice.

On-topic, I'm reqlly hoping for that Ice-type Def buff in Hail like what was rumored at the beginning of 5th Gen. Just imagine Regice with that if Ice Body gets released. It'd be like a Stallrein with way more bulk and great offensive presence with STAB Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

^YES! I've been wanting this since DPPt. It would certainly add some value to Hail. Right now all Hail really is is Blizzard spam.

Anyone else think Fighting should lose its super-effective coverage against Steel and Rock? It just doesn't make sense... Maybe it could hit Bug and like Water or something instead.

Lol the type chart is fine as it is. I don't get why fighting should lose its super-effective coverage against rock and steel since they're breakable. How fighting beats bug (don't tell me you squash them, because bugs in the Pokemon World are the size of a human) or how it beats water type. Tbh the type chart isn't as overpowered as everyone perceives them to be. And no type chart changes were made after Gen 2, which should never be changed again.

Hail and sands are counterpart. Let's see this thing...

Hail:
    + 100% Blizzard
    + Pokemon with Ice Body recover HP
    + Pokemon with Snow Cloak raises evasiveness
    + Ice Pokemon do not get damaged by hail.

Sand:
    + Pokemon with Sand Force gets extra damage on Ground, Rock and Steel (?) moves
    + Pokemon with Sand Rush gets double speed
    + Pokemon with Sand Veil raises evasiveness
    + Rock type pokemon have their special defense raised by 50%
    + All Pokemon except for Ground, Rock and Steel are damaged by sand.

So Sand definitely has a bunch of more, cooler perks than hail. Besides, Steel is arguably the best defensive typing: takes no damage from sand. Whereas you can hardly build a hail team without taking hail damage. Lastly, there's also this unfair 50% advantage.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Using that logic nearly everything should be weak to fighting...

Anyways, I've been thinking...

How badass would a pot leaf Pokemon be? My God, make it happen now GF.

aboma evo pls.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I don't o_O

My hopes for Gen 6 is simple. More defensive power creep. seriously, gen 5 has such a huge boost in power creep that it's not even funny. I also want a perma-TR setter, wishful thinking. I also want Gen 6 OU Metagame to be more interesting. Gen 5 OU is literally rain + clear skies and occasional other teams. Yeah.
    This is why I'm hoping some of the little guys get a boost like Shuckle with Recover. Speaking of which, I hope Castform evolves into a pseudo-legendary with 100 in base stats across the board while gaining a new baby form that can learn Recover while the new evolution can learn Calm Mind. If anything, don't make any new Pokemon bar starters, legendaries, and evolutions for the little guys that never stood a chance.

So Sand definitely has a bunch of more, cooler perks than hail.
    ...urge...to...make...pun...

Whereas you can hardly build a hail team without taking hail damage. Lastly, there's also this unfair 50% advantage.
    Really? I've made a team consisting of Abomasnow, Cloyster, Cryogonal, Froslass, Kyurem, and Mamoswine (4 OU, 1 UU, 1 RU) and though it does have the basic problems, it works quite well.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Abomasnow evo? Sounds interesting... Abomasnow's stats are pretty terrible right now, so I'd like that too actually. Might convince me to make a Hail team.

Using that logic nearly everything should be weak to fighting...
    Actually, if there were a Pokemon of every type, it's only weakness would be Rock. Coincidence much? I think not. That would be interesting though, maybe Arceus' Dream World ability.

How badass would a pot leaf Pokemon be? My God, make it happen now GF.
    What do you mean by "pot leaf"?

Anyways... Abomasnow evo? Sounds interesting... Abomasnow's stats are pretty terrible right now, so I'd like that too actually. Might convince me to make a Hail team.
    Yeah, the old Christmas tree is only OU due to its ability, if it weren't for that...would be an ice touch. Yeah, puns!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post

What do you mean by "pot leaf"?
    Um. Well, I meant a marijuana leaf. Really no way to sugarcoat that...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast