Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 160

Thread: 6th Generation Announced! Hopes? Fears?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Um. Well, I meant a marijuana leaf. Really no way to sugarcoat that...
        Spoiler:- I thought you meant this:
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    None of your ****ing business
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
        Spoiler:- I thought you meant this:

    Haha, yeah I figured. Just wishful thinking on my part.

    People's thoughts on giving **** like Delibird and Castform evolutions?
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

    ~Richard Dawkins


    I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Haha, yeah I figured. Just wishful thinking on my part.

    People's thoughts on giving **** like Delibird and Castform evolutions?
    Rock Grass type? Delibird still has that double Rock weakness. If its Dream World ability changed sure. Considering its move-set: I would honestly want a tank but that typing only goes so far. Solid Rock ability? Like I said before, Castform, give it a pre-evolution and make its final for a pseudo-legendary with access to Recover and Calm Mind. The other guys like Spinda get a shout out too.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    None of your ****ing business
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Rock Grass type? Delibird still has that double Rock weakness. If its Dream World ability changed sure. Considering its move-set: I would honestly want a tank but that typing only goes so far. Solid Rock ability? Like I said before, Castform, give it a pre-evolution and make its final for a pseudo-legendary with access to Recover and Calm Mind. The other guys like Spinda get a shout out too.
    Mhm. Spinda's got weird stats, 60/60/60/60/60/60 means he could really evolve into anything. I'd like a tanky physical sweeper so I could abuse Contrary Superpower but that's just me. Castform is in the same bin, but I suspect a Castform evo would be a fast special sweeper. Delibird... Ugh, Delibird is hopeless. Just give it an evo for the sake of putting Delibird in LC where he can maybe do something, haha. Uh... How about Phione? Maybe there should be some way to evolve Phione into another Manaphy? Shuckle should get an evolution that can learn Recover and Seismic Toss, then he might see the light of at least UU. What other gimmicky POS am I forgetting?


    Oh Luvdisc. Well, since they already made Alomomola I don't even know what to do with Luvdisc.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

    ~Richard Dawkins


    I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Again, more off-topic junk deleted / edited out. Calm down people or you will get infracted. -____-

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    None of your ****ing business
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Again, more off-topic junk deleted / edited out. Calm down people or you will get infracted. -____-
    Sorry, kind of.

    Just realized I forgot Glalie. I know we have Froslass now, but I think Glalie needs an evolution. Ice/Dark is obvious, but that's terrible typing. He'd need some seriously good stats or some gimmick like Shell Smash or something to ever be viable...
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

    ~Richard Dawkins


    I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,027

    Default

    I really want a Castform evo to NOT be a Psuedo-legend.

    90/70/90/110/120/100

    Then maybe it'll see the lights of OU. Luvdisc is completely hopeless, Delibird has that glaring 50% SR weakness (unless SR was nerfed), Spinda might get an evo, but it's hugely doubtful...

    /meh.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I really want a Castform evo to NOT be a Psuedo-legend.

    90/70/90/110/120/100

    Then maybe it'll see the lights of OU. Luvdisc is completely hopeless, Delibird has that glaring 50% SR weakness (unless SR was nerfed), Spinda might get an evo, but it's hugely doubtful...

    /meh.
    Actually, assuming the same typing and moveset, a Castform evo with that stat spread would be pretty good. That would be pretty nice bulk (especially on the special side) and great SpA. Don't forget that Castform also learns many of the essential weather moves (Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard), so it'd have those to throw around. Weather Ball could see some use since no matter which weather you're in, you'll have a base 100 move to throw around with STAB, bar Sandstorm. I could see a Rain abuser set with something like Weather Ball / Thunder (or Thunderbolt) / Ice Beam / Hydro Pump being pretty good. That kind of set up could be really dangerous for key members of Sand and Sun teams, which would be pretty cool.

    I really hope they give Castform a new evo in 6th Gen. Even if they just boosted his base stats to 90 each, that would at least make him usable and less of a gimmick.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    None of your ****ing business
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Actually, assuming the same typing and moveset, a Castform evo with that stat spread would be pretty good. That would be pretty nice bulk (especially on the special side) and great SpA. Don't forget that Castform also learns many of the essential weather moves (Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard), so it'd have those to throw around. Weather Ball could see some use since no matter which weather you're in, you'll have a base 100 move to throw around with STAB, bar Sandstorm. I could see a Rain abuser set with something like Weather Ball / Thunder (or Thunderbolt) / Ice Beam / Hydro Pump being pretty good. That kind of set up could be really dangerous for key members of Sand and Sun teams, which would be pretty cool.

    I really hope they give Castform a new evo in 6th Gen. Even if they just boosted his base stats to 90 each, that would at least make him usable and less of a gimmick.
    Yes, and Forecast needs to be given a Rock/Sandstorm form. 90/90/90/90/90/90 seems pretty meh to me, although I guess he'd be an okay weather check, he'd probably need a Scarf. Or, for that matter, you could use (lol) Eviolite Castform. OceanicLanturn's spread is good, if he got that he'd definitely be OU.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

    ~Richard Dawkins


    I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,027

    Default

    So the three starters were revealed to be pure types... Does anyone think, just by their typings, that they'd have a chance in LC?

    Normally starters aren't very popular in LC. I could see Froakie and the fire one being walled by Chinochou, that is, if there's no annoying Ferroseed v.2.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    695

    Default

    If there is something that MAY change certain pokemon's performance ... it is new Items. This idea of mine, I found it from Timegate Traveller of Pokestar Studios. If you have seen the Ledian holding a lance at chapter 2, then you can understand my idea below.

    Remember the Light Ball? That items crazily makes Pikachu's attack stats (both physical and special) skyrocket that rivals a lot of pokemon!

    What if we make ideas as to what are the items that may come at this new generation?

    For the Ledian family - Iron Lance. This item sharply increases increases its base attack and defense stats (both physical and special) but its base speed stat becomes 10 (REALLY SLOW HUH?).

    For Plusle and Minun - Pom Poms. Ups all of the users base stats by 20. applicable to Plusle and Minun only. (they are the cheering pokemon after all)

    For many butterfly pokemon (other bug types like moths and spiders are not included) - Glittery Star. Destroys hazards upon entering the battle at the cost of one physical attack and defense drop.

    For pure normal type pokemon only (without secondary type) - Joy Globe. Absorbs Fighting type moves and convert them into HP depending on the users attack stat. [sorry blaziken, terrakion, heracross, hitmonchan, and sawk. you're too much guys]

    For pokemon without evolutions (excluding legendaries) - Harness brace. Left by the legendary pokemon, it increases the users attack stats if they have no evolution. Legendaries are bound not to wear it's corruptive power. (think of it like eviolite in reverse)

    If they still can do this idea though, great.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    57

    Default

    One thing i hope is, Gliscor stays as powerful as he is, or gets a small buff. Hes my favorite pokemon, and i would hate to see him get nerfed. Also, a poison legendary.

    EDIT: I would also like to see a lot of the weaker pokemon get some buffs.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    None of your ****ing business
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider
    For pokemon without evolutions (excluding legendaries) - Harness brace. Left by the legendary pokemon, it increases the users attack stats if they have no evolution. Legendaries are bound not to wear it's corruptive power. (think of it like eviolite in reverse)
    As fun as making a tank Skarmory would be, this would be too overpowered. Just imagine how overpowered Rotom's formes would be. Granted, most non-evolvers are NU, but you have to keep in mind that a few of them are in the higher tiers. All of Rotom's alternate formes would end up in Ubers, since they pretty much get a Specs boost with no drawback.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

    ~Richard Dawkins


    I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Tropious, Chimecho, and Absol; while playing through Sapphire they always felt like a trio of some sort. Chimecho has Chingling but the other two don't, in fact they're all okay. Evolutions?

    Also, some abilities need balance. A reduction to speed increasing abilities caused by weather? Speaking of which, I still find Solar Power needs to lose the recoil unless someone gets an evolution that would be overpowered without it.

    Ugh...I'm still worried about a weather dominant metaknightgame and how bland it is.

    Mono-type teams used in standard OU for the win! Now Arcanine, help me find a way to make Torkoal evolve into a Fire-Steel type that knows Slack Off!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    185

    Default

    I just hope there are new pokes who can learn rapid spin, and/or to have a new ability/item/move to remove entry hazards. They are too OP currently, especially stealth rock.
    Also, I'd like some more different type combinations such as ghost/steel and grass/ghost.
    I'd also be nice if the metagame would be somewhat more balanced. I hope GF improves a lot of currently bad pokemon to make them viable in OU. With all the new pokemon, we'd have a very broad OU tier, with many pokes viable in it. I understand not all pokemon can be equal and some have to be better than others (everything>farfetch'd>delibird), but I like the idea of a very broad tier.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:



  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    When I saw this game was getting released so soon after 5th gen I immediately felt like it was too soon and this game was gonna feel rushed. And then when I saw the starters that feeling grew. I dunno I personally do not like the direction designs are going based off of those three. They keep getting...more and more cartoony every gen. I guess I am somewhat exited to see what 6th gen will be like but also worried lol.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    I just hope there are new pokes who can learn rapid spin, and/or to have a new ability/item/move to remove entry hazards. They are too OP currently, especially stealth rock.
    Also, I'd like some more different type combinations such as ghost/steel and grass/ghost.
    I'd also be nice if the metagame would be somewhat more balanced. I hope GF improves a lot of currently bad pokemon to make them viable in OU. With all the new pokemon, we'd have a very broad OU tier, with many pokes viable in it. I understand not all pokemon can be equal and some have to be better than others (everything>farfetch'd>delibird), but I like the idea of a very broad tier.
    Glad I'm not the only one to think of a ghost steel typing.

    New hope: their is such a power creep/ defensive creep that some ubers are dropped down to ou.

    New fear; we start having so many pokemon that we need more tiers and then certain tiers are almost never played


    ^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

  18. #93
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I personally just want something to rock all the OU Dragons a bit... A couple new 'mons that throw them off their balance and just generally get rid of a little bit (not too much) of their preferability would be nice...
    - The whole Stallrein thing? He does it better.

  19. #94

    Default

    Ah psycho I knew you'd post a thread like this.

    Anyway I'm hoping nature and weather plays a prominant role gamewise. Landscape, location or even competitively I think it could be interesting. I don't think it'll play a huge role like in RSE but considering the graphics on a 3DS I'm sure there will be more detail in the natural and urban landscape

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    695

    Default

    WE need better haxers ad abusers of serene grace. Only Togekiss, Jirachi, and shaymin Sky forme do it well. The others ... meh.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    57

    Default

    I want the crits to hit a little less. Too many times have I lost a battle because someone got lucky and got a crit and took off a nice chunk of HP.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    None of your ****ing business
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floodz66 View Post
    I want the crits to hit a little less. Too many times have I lost a battle because someone got lucky and got a crit and took off a nice chunk of HP.
    I think the option to disable crits on wifi battles would be nice, but crits are often key in defeating things like Calm Mind spammers.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

    ~Richard Dawkins


    I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    I think the option to disable crits on wifi battles would be nice, but crits are often key in defeating things like Calm Mind spammers.
    True enough, but, it sometimes seems the crits are a bit over the top. I understand it doing more damage then it would without a crit, but sometimes a non effective move that crits takes me down by more then half.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

  24. #99

    Default

    I think one new mechanic that could be interesting would be - and follow me on this one - 7 Pokemon battles. One of the big problems in 5th Gen was that there were so many powerful and viable Pokemon in OU that it was impossible to counter everything with just 6 teamslots. But what if you had an extra one? This could give stall teams a boost since they would have a little extra room to cover all the roles that a stall team needs while also having a better chance of being able to counter most (if not all) offensive threats. Of course, this could have an adverse affect as well, since offensive teams would be able to carry one more sweeper or stall breaker, but it would certainly be an interesting change.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I think one new mechanic that could be interesting would be - and follow me on this one - 7 Pokemon battles. One of the big problems in 5th Gen was that there were so many powerful and viable Pokemon in OU that it was impossible to counter everything with just 6 teamslots. But what if you had an extra one? This could give stall teams a boost since they would have a little extra room to cover all the roles that a stall team needs while also having a better chance of being able to counter most (if not all) offensive threats. Of course, this could have an adverse affect as well, since offensive teams would be able to carry one more sweeper or stall breaker, but it would certainly be an interesting change.
    Agreeing to this. BUT if we are applying this mechanic, the battles must be set around the Rotation and Triple Battles.

    What I meant is that rotation, double, and Triple battle mechanics must be expanded greatly. Like, lets say in the modified Rotation battles, you will release 3 pokemon with 2 on the back and 1 on the front. But with the new mechanics added, a fourth slot is added to the side of the field. Which means that fourth slot can replace any pokemon from behind (the one attacking fromt can't be interfered) without wasting a turn
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •