Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 160

Thread: 6th Generation Announced! Hopes? Fears?

  1. #126
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    In what way did they fix rage quitting? I still face a lot of peeps in random matchup who tend to quit just before the win/loss is calculated. This happens against people with lots of wins most of the time.
    In the tourney, I heard that there was a dramatic drop in the number of rage quits during the tourney (which is slightly more important imo)


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Fryslân, The Netherlands
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    In the tourney, I heard that there was a dramatic drop in the number of rage quits during the tourney (which is slightly more important imo)
    That's true of course. I never participated in any tournament so far. The only one i could join was the tourney of 2 weeks ago. But i only do single battles. (not too fond of doubles/rotations) So i deciced not to play in that one.
    Pokemon Y team :



    [CENTER]
    ^^^^^^managed to finally hatch a shiny 5V Protean Froakie! Also bred 5V shiny Cleffa (up for trade)^^^^^^^


    FC 3DS : 4553-9947-3131

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poo
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Agreed with all the Wi-Fi ness. I'd like a really decent Wi-Fi ranking or battling system/community. Like an online frontier of sorts in which you can compare results with others, stuff like that. Obviously, it'd have to flow well, which basically means punishments for ragequitters.

    Ice Cold Fire

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Bring back flat level 100 battles for wifi 6v6 matches. I don't care what else they do, just give us back our user friendly wifi.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Fears? Whether or not it's compatible with gen 5. I have a VERY strong feeling it won't be...
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

        Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

  6. #131
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    Fears? Whether or not it's compatible with gen 5. I have a VERY strong feeling it won't be...
    Not for Wi-Fi no, but for transfering our Pokemans, it'd better be!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A Number from 0 to 100?
    Posts
    393

    Default

    I want to see the Fire type reigning in the OU environment in the 6th Generation!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

    I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

    I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

    I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    I want to see the Fire type reigning in the OU environment in the 6th Generation!
    I feel like Scizor is going to hold that top stop for a while. And I think Fire types have made there mark in OU. Heatran is #5 on PO. And Ninetales Infernape and Volcarona are not all too far behind. I kinda want to see and Ice type become a huge force in OU. And not because of its ability like Obamasnow. Basically it would be cool to see a decent Ice type that is stronger on the defense side than others. I wonder if there would be a good type combo to make that happen or if there is one at all. I am too lazy to think of one right now XP
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    I feel like Scizor is going to hold that top stop for a while. And I think Fire types have made there mark in OU. Heatran is #5 on PO. And Ninetales Infernape and Volcarona are not all too far behind. I kinda want to see and Ice type become a huge force in OU. And not because of its ability like Obamasnow. Basically it would be cool to see a decent Ice type that is stronger on the defense side than others. I wonder if there would be a good type combo to make that happen or if there is one at all. I am too lazy to think of one right now XP
    Need a defensive type? Just add steel!

    Though x4 weaknesses to fighting and fire are both bad for stopping dragons, if it gets good attack and Ice Shard, it can still come in on a dragon attack and Ice Shard. Eh, Ice will never be a good defensive type...it's only hope is for it's offensive abilities to help it, or for the type chart to be adjusted in it's favor. And neutrality to stealth rock is always a plus.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    This might sound odd and random, but I want at least one more user of Attack Order, who can be viable at least up to RU or UU. I personally love the move, and would love it if I could have access to it on something other than Vespiquen.
    - The whole Stallrein thing? He does it better.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I have about one fear; that simulators will be imageless due to 3D. I can't stand fighting nothing.

    My hopes? Weather gets nerfed, D/P OU pokemon become useful again, like Flygon.
    ~~used to be known as Infernape_Rulez/Creeper~~

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn new york
    Posts
    8

    Default

    i hope they put this in to effect for people that rage quit or wifi disconnects for any reason at all lost points as this in courage those to pick and choose there fights.
    from my point of view you dont need to know for rage quit just let both players take a lose in points then you see as more people are will to finish the fight and it keeps those that get over the one hour banned by disconnecting by not turning there ds off but moving away from their wifi signal
    Hello I own Pokemon white 2 friend code 2666 9991 5159 players name Eve am looking trade here as a breeder and battler

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A Number from 0 to 100?
    Posts
    393

    Default

    My hope's are for the Pokemons that are in the lower tiers to become OU & my fear is Scizor dropping out of OU due to too many fire types...
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

    I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

    I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

    I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montréal, Québec, Canada
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I know they had to make a game on the 3ds one day or another but seriously, that's a bad idea. All the people I know hate 3D, its less and less popular every day. I'll buy the game anyway, but I still think they should have made it like the others and kept 3D pokémon battle for the wii.


    Hopes:

    1- Bring back no-preview of teams and when your pokémons automatically turn level 100 when battling online
    2- Lots of new usable pokémons that look cool and make some of the ancient pokémons useful in competitive battling
    3- Evolutions for some of the older mons like Arbok, Golduck, Pinsir, Banette even Farfetch'd
    4- Starters final evos will be awesome

    Fears:

    1- Tons of crappy looking pokés with awful stats
    2- Another Fire/Fighting starter
    3- Bad story
    4- The 3D will make long cinematics when searching for a pokémon in the grass or at the start of a battle

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Hopes: the starters can be used competitively, they give us more type combinations (not only starters) your character is customizable

    Fears: that this will bring pokemon downhill if its no good. ;^;


    Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 15 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I know they had to make a game on the 3ds one day or another but seriously, that's a bad idea. All the people I know hate 3D, its less and less popular every day. I'll buy the game anyway, but I still think they should have made it like the others and kept 3D pokémon battle for the wii.
    Nah, the idea is perfectly good. The 3DS is capable of more then just being a "3D DS", you know. Even if it wasn't in 3D, the DS won't be able to handle it. And if you're friends don't want the 3D, they can either...
    1. Turn the 3D off. Yes, you can do that, or...
    2. Don't play any future handheld games. Ever. This thing is replacing the DS, just as the DS replaced the GBA.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Nah, the idea is perfectly good. The 3DS is capable of more then just being a "3D DS", you know. Even if it wasn't in 3D, the DS won't be able to handle it. And if you're friends don't want the 3D, they can either...
    1. Turn the 3D off. Yes, you can do that, or...
    2. Don't play any future handheld games. Ever. This thing is replacing the DS, just as the DS replaced the GBA.
    Agreed. No big company, especially something as big as Gamefreak, in their right mind would want to produce games for a outdated/dying console or handheld when the new handheld/console can do just that and more. Just like nobody in their right mind would Bullet Punch a Ferrothorn (unless they are certain that it is actually a Zoroark).
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

    Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.




  18. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I just hope this new generation won't kill stall, it seems like it gets worse for the defense teams every year xD

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    I have a feeling that even though stall covers Terrakion, a Steel/Ghost with Levitate would be the perfect Terrakion stopper. It'd go well with Heatran too, as most things are resisted by both other than electric and water...
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:


  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I have 3 hopes:
    1. they can determine who's doing RQ and declare the opponent the winner,,
    2. is they can banned pirate (such as R4 or such thing)game to compete in a battle against other player,,
    3. keep awesome surprise,,

    that's all,,
    simply Pokemon lover

    looking for these FS:

    steel klang

    FC: 1246-8803-7575
    safari type, fire, braixen, pyroar, ponyta..

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Hoping they come up with more ways to get rid of entry hazards.

    Other than that, I think a good idea would be to introduce more entry hazards like Stealth Rock, only of different types, like Grass, Fire, and Psychic, so that Pokemon just weak to Rocks don't keep getting singled out as 'crap'. I figure there possibly should be the caveat that only one Stealth Rock-esque entry hazard can be up at a time, but then again, I suppose there are drawbacks and advantages either way; having more than one such entry hazard could spell near-instant, overly cheap doom for Pokes with just the wrong type combinations, though if more ways to remove entry hazards do come up, it would be easier to make an opponent waste his time setting up when there are more entry hazards available to throw around.
    Pokemon X and Y:
    Friend Code: 0061-0847-8548
    Friend Safari: Emolga, Galvantula, Heliolisk
    Seeking safaris: Currently None.

    Looking for: Aggronite, Houndoomite, Mewtwoite Y, Charizardite X, Heracrossite, Groudon

    Can provide: Pokerus, Any berry, Lucky Egg, Damp Rock, Light Clay, Light Ball, Heart Scale, Blazikenite, Many HA Pokemon, Most Pokemon only available through Pokebank, Some Legendaries.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BladedScizor View Post
    Hoping they come up with more ways to get rid of entry hazards.

    Other than that, I think a good idea would be to introduce more entry hazards like Stealth Rock, only of different types, like Grass, Fire, and Psychic, so that Pokemon just weak to Rocks don't keep getting singled out as 'crap'. I figure there possibly should be the caveat that only one Stealth Rock-esque entry hazard can be up at a time, but then again, I suppose there are drawbacks and advantages either way; having more than one such entry hazard could spell near-instant, overly cheap doom for Pokes with just the wrong type combinations, though if more ways to remove entry hazards do come up, it would be easier to make an opponent waste his time setting up when there are more entry hazards available to throw around.
    Add competitive options on the wifi base. (not the PO variant)

    That means, if you are the one calling for a challenger, you can make customized rules that ranges from:

    a. Banning certain pokemon you don't want to face anytime [hate facing the same Terrakion, Latios, Heatran, Celebi, Jirachi, and Landorus you fight 50 times? Disable them! Then your opponent will surely have none of those pokemon you encountered repeatedly]

    b. Restricting certain items and the amount of items heldable [want to reduce the amount of choice items users or leftovers users? you decide on how many.]
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I know they had to make a game on the 3ds one day or another but seriously, that's a bad idea. All the people I know hate 3D, its less and less popular every day. I'll buy the game anyway, but I still think they should have made it like the others and kept 3D pokémon battle for the wii.


    I know where you're coming from.. I thought the 3DS was going to be a gimmicky system, like the Wii.

    But it's actually not! My sister bought one, and it's pretty much just a more powerful DS.

    The 3D part is just a bonus, you don't have to use it, and you don't need it.


  24. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    393

    Default

    downside of the 3DS is that there not that much made...

    Anyways, my hopes for gen VI are:
    A Memento-like move that reduces Defences instead.
    A wifi club option that enforces Sleep/Freeze clause on request.
    And please, keep Eeveelutions single typed.

    And a Tinted Lens Dragon... That'd be damn awesome! (inb4 double Steel types)
    The Netherlands:
    ORAS Demo available at:
    - Nintendo Autumn Tour. Dates and locations found >here<
    - Using Nintendo Zone in a Game Mania store

    Shiny Gengar:
    - Autumn Tour, see above.

    Diancie:
    - From nov. 6th, visit a Bart Smit store and ask for the code.

    I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Add competitive options on the wifi base. (not the PO variant)

    That means, if you are the one calling for a challenger, you can make customized rules that ranges from:

    a. Banning certain pokemon you don't want to face anytime [hate facing the same Terrakion, Latios, Heatran, Celebi, Jirachi, and Landorus you fight 50 times? Disable them! Then your opponent will surely have none of those pokemon you encountered repeatedly]

    b. Restricting certain items and the amount of items heldable [want to reduce the amount of choice items users or leftovers users? you decide on how many.]
    Except if you 'ban' certain Pokemon that most competitive players use, or restricting certain items, you'll just be left with a few people which you'll probably fight times over times if same, you're on at the time when most people are playing. Not very viable, IMO. But okay...

    Also, I'd like some changes to really crap moves. Defog should just be a Tauntable, yet unblockable Rapid Spin. It makes it partially better and partially worse than Rapid Spin.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •