Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: gen 5 = pure failure?

Default gen 5 = pure failure?

advance last for 4 years before dp, same apply to dp. bw started in 2010 only 2 years and its over, guess nintendo know it fail too. pokemon just too sh!tty in gen 5
    Pokemon Black Friend Code:
    1077-0362-9159

seeking for elekid with electirizer

I'm sure this thread will be locked but I don't think Gen V was a failure, it just released at a bad time (or the 3DS released at a bad time).
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Better than last gen.
    *Pokemon player since 1999.

Starters:
    Gen I- Charmander (Fire)
    Gen II- Totodile (Water)
    Gen III- Mudkip (Water)
    Gen IV- Turtwig (Grass)
    Gen V- Tepig (Fire)
    Gen VI- Froakie (Water)

Gen 5 was a pretty good gen imo. I was kind of expecting it to be on the shorter side, with Gen 4 and Gen 3 lasting a while, along with the 3DS release.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'm sure this thread will be locked but I don't think Gen V was a failure, it just released at a bad time (or the 3DS released at a bad time).
    Absolutely. It was a quick entry and exit for Gen. V, but it was a good generation imo. But now the time comes for X and Y to show Pokemon at the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by IMCL85 View Post
    advance last for 4 years before dp, same apply to dp. bw started in 2010 only 2 years and its over, guess nintendo know it fail too. pokemon just too sh!tty in gen 5
    I'm so sigging this.

I wouldn't say it's a pure failure, it has all sorts of cool mechanics I love and my second favorite Pokemon:Emolga. I like that TMs are re-usable and Pokemon have moving sprites so it they don't seem so lifeless. There was also so many cool moments in the games. I thought Gen V was awesome.

Definitely no personally, the region looked amazing with the Skyarrow Bridge and other attractions. Plus there is lots to do in BW2 as a bonus. Even the Pokémon from 494 to 649 looked amazing personally.

Gen 5 was something that came in at an akward time due to the switching of the cycle. However I would not call it a failure. It will be 3 years old by the time the next gen starts meaning it will be as old as Johto

Gen 5 was way superior to Gen 4 to me and still is. Doesn't matter how long it's used untill the next gen. The QUALITY of the story and the battles, not the QUANTITY of the years it's in use.
    hehe

It's more a hardware thing than a "crappy Gen" thing. Pokemon's Pokemon, really; BW/2 were the only games of Gen V because they were released on dying hardware, and releasing more games on the DS is unsustainable, even if it were Gen VI.

bw started in 2010 only 2 years and its over, guess nintendo know it fail too. pokemon just too sh!tty in gen 5
    You're aware that Gen VI isn't released until October, right?

Meaning Gen V will have lasted three years by then?

It was nowhere near a failure. It brought in plenty of new Pokemon, and tried to act as a bit of a relaunch, with the cutting off of old Pokemon until after the Elite 4. It seems more a generation for trying new things, such as Black and White 2. The DS was already heading out when Generation 5 was starting, people knew that the DS was dying. So it was always going to be shorter. It seemed like it was built to be more like Generation 1, all brand new Pokemon, on the shorter side, and you never know what is coming next. It had plenty of cool new designs, new mechanics (Seasons, Triple/Rotation Battles), and even gave an interesting motive to the villian. Hopefull Generation 6 will be able to have a great Villian Team like Plasma. Gen 5 may be shorter than people are used to, but it was not a fail.

It wasn't a complete failure, the BW games were the best games of the franchise imo, though the BW anime was a complete failure imo.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Says the person with the Reshiram avatar.

Not completely. There are things the 5th generation did right and did very wrong.
    Good:
    The story. The story in Black and White was by far the best story told to date in a pokemon game. The story flowed and was almost constant present.
    The Graphics. The graphic's a BW and BW2 showed us what the DS was really compatible of. They also added in features that while weren't grand were cool, like move trainers in battle and use over world motion like leaves falling.

The Bad:
    The pokemon designs. The fifth generation pokemon are awful on a purely cosmetic aspect. An Ice cream cone and a pile of trash. I don't think I'm the only that would agree if we could shoe horn the fifth out pokemon existence we would in a heartbeat.
    The timing. The fifth generation ran into a problem it should have avoided. Pokemon Company and Nintendo knew the 3DS was coming out but instead of focusing their effort on the 3DS they decided for one last push with the DS and in the long it turned the fifth generation into an awkward child the doesn't belong.

I personally would have to say that the fifth generation is a mistake Pokemon Company and GameFreak would like to take back if they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    Gen 5 was way superior to Gen 4 to me and still is. Doesn't matter how long it's used untill the next gen. The QUALITY of the story and the battles, not the QUANTITY of the years it's in use.
    Generation 4 was by far one of the best generation ever released. Miles a head of generation 3 and just behind I and II.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPokeLover View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a pure failure, it has all sorts of cool mechanics I love and my second favorite Pokemon:Emolga. I like that TMs are re-usable and Pokemon have moving sprites so it they don't seem so lifeless. There was also so many cool moments in the games. I thought Gen V was awesome.
    I agree, it may have only been short due to the 3DS coming out soon, or since it was a "Fresh Start" it was like Gen I or II. Gen I lasted for 774 days (in English), Gen II lasted for 885 days (in English), and in October Gen V will End. Estimating X and Y coming out on October 1st, Gen V would have lasted for (in English) 941 days. Which is near 1000 and almost 3 years. It's somewhat short-lived, but acceptable. ^_^

Besides, Gen V is still going on for now at least. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

It wasn't a TOTAL failure. I mean it did give us reusable TM's and SOME good Pokemon, and the ubers were cool. It also gave us good sprites. I just don't think the reboot idea was good. It was to soon for a reboot.

The reason it was a failure is because it was way to easy, had huge level gaps that tried to prolong the game by grinding, and shoved the rivals down our throats. It wold have been better if it wasn't a reboot. But it wasn't TERRIBLE, just boring imo. I'm glad their moving on though. I've kinda had enough of gen 5.

inb4 this gets locked.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

I'm gonna get my 3ds soon, but for now there just not too many game on 3ds interest me. I guess the only way they can kill ds is moving all the pokemon to the new console
    Pokemon Black Friend Code:
    1077-0362-9159

seeking for elekid with electirizer

it'll be 3 years in japan, slightly over actually making it slightly longer than gen 2. Is gen 2 a failure just by length? I swear gen V gets way more hate than it deserves, it easily has the best story, some of the best characters, music, and plenty of other things. Just because people can't come to accept the 5th gen designs and the fact that we can't stay 8-bit forever is painful to witness. Anyone who thinks gen V was utter failure should reconsider. Gen V quite honestly changed quite a bit and is exactly why today's speculation was so off the wall because we knew gamefreak could actually surprise us now!

Also, there's plenty of 3ds games coming this year and good ones that are already out. If the 3ds has a crappy library, what are we supposed to call the vita's because there wouldn't be a word bad enough to describe it in comparison to the 3ds's....
    Last edited by BGP_; 8th January 2013 at 9:39 PM.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

I have appreciated each and every generation ( that I have played through) for all the little things that they brought to the table.

Everything came from the water and the earth. Time for a new adventure.

As excited as I am about gen 6 already being revealed, it does tip me off a bit to see it start too soon though.

But there's no doubt that gen 5 is the best generation of pokemon so far. It does have the best pokedex of all the generations. As for the games themselves, B/W were still on a tie with gen 3 for the first place, but B/W2 completely blew me away with their awesomeness. So much to do, so many memorable characters, so much.....MORE than everyone expected. Even though the new Kyurem forms were ****.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Gen V had a great story and awesome, developed characters. The reusable TMs, 3 on 3 battles, and World Tournament were amazing. Length means nothing if it's a reinvention of the franchise.

Gen 5 gave us some of the best games ever. Not even close to a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    Generation 4 was by far one of the best generation ever released. Miles a head of generation 3 and just behind I and II.
    I hate gen 4 more than any other. Gen 3 was the best to me.

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP HARPING ON VANILLITE AND TRUBBISH AS POKEMON? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!

Gen I had a pile of sludge and a magnet as pokemon but no one makes a fuss about that! A. PILE. OF. SLUDGE. A magnet that just becomes 3 magnets connected yet no one seems to have a problem with that. You are just trying to find reasons to validate your unnecessary hate for a generation of pokemon that was pretty damn good.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

i liked gen 5 the least. and by the speed that the next gen is coming out, it looks like gamefreak/nintendo did like it either.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast