Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gen 5 = pure failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP HARPING ON VANILLITE AND TRUBBISH AS POKEMON? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!

Gen I had a pile of sludge and a magnet as pokemon but no one makes a fuss about that! A. PILE. OF. SLUDGE. A magnet that just becomes 3 magnets connected yet no one seems to have a problem with that. You are just trying to find reasons to validate your unnecessary hate for a generation of pokemon that was pretty damn good.
    exactly. Imo, gen 3 is the best and gen 5 is right behind it. I've also noticed that a lot of people that liked gen 3 have tended to like gen 5 though, but not everyone of course. Honestly if you look at the things that were in the trailer you can thank gen 5 for them. Animations? Yup. The great looking backgrounds/visually detailed circles you fight on? Yup. All the different camera angles and 3d objects? Yup. Heck look at the characters, their clothing somewhat resembles unova's!

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

it was the worst generation. they just keep getting worse in terms of pokemon it seems so far. vanillite is junk but i really hope for a hamburger or a french fry pokemon don't you? maybe game freak can work a deal out with mcdonalds and one of the pokemon can be a happy meal or chicken McNugget.
    X fc 0645-7169-8228

I am flying with farfetcch'd, tranquill and hawlucha

Quote Originally Posted by StoneyPikachu View Post
    it was the worst generation. they just keep getting worse in terms of pokemon it seems so far. vanillite is junk but i really hope for a hamburger or a french fry pokemon don't you? maybe game freak can work a deal out with mcdonalds and one of the pokemon can be a happy meal or chicken McNugget.
    Vanillite is junk and so unoriginal. A magnet is too. Oh wait! Maybe an engineering firm can hook me up with some nuts and bolts!
    Last edited by Bestgamepearl; 8th January 2013 at 8:51 PM.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

The starters were fail, and some aspects of the generation, but not everything.

Gen 5 was miles better than 4, but that's not saying much. I'm not sure what your argument is.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

To say all of that hard work was a failure is a bit of a stretch. For me Gen 5 was neither here nor there, it was just something new to experience inbetween transitions from the standard platform to the 3D platform. It occupied my time well enough and I came out of the whole experience with a few new favorites and a few disappointments, but all in all I had a good time with it and still am.

Dismissing gen V as a failure because it's ending faster then the past ones is kind of silly.

In any case, it's my favorite out of the five for introducing my new favorite Pokemon and having more of a storyline then the previous gens.

Gen. V was great. Excellent story and characters, and so many things to do! Sure, it passed by fast, but that doesn't make it better or worse than any other generation.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Gen V is actually my least favorite, while it added some nifty new mechanics to the games that are amazing, the Pokemon just didn't do anything for me. Its a subjective manner though, and just because it didn't last that long doesn't mean it was bad.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Not a failure, but people that has a 3DS want a RPG Pokemon game as soon as possible.

Nintendo could have wait a little and leave the fans playing the RSE reamkes this year.

Anyways, it is more a matter of hardware than the Pokemon games.

Hell no. I think that Gen V was one of the better ones. I definitely thought that it was better than Gen IV and III, especially with the story. I also really like the Pokemon that Gen V introduced, yes some were a bit unimaginative but every generation has its flaws.

But please, before the nostalgia folks start ranting about my post, bare in mind that this is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by IMCL85 View Post
    advance last for 4 years before dp, same apply to dp. bw started in 2010 only 2 years and its over, guess nintendo know it fail too. pokemon just too sh!tty in gen 5
    It's not over until the next gen comes out(Not just announced). It'll be 3 years total once X and Y come out. They simply are moving forward. Pretty sure it's been 3 years before for some of the games too, and I'm pretty sure they always announce the games in advanced, so if you're going to not count the next 9-10 for Gen 5, you shouldn't for the others, which would mean DP and that were 3 years or so.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

You're a failure for creating this thread. How can 5th be a failure when it gave us awesome pokemon?

How was it 'pure failure' when it had the highest grossing game(s) yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    You're a failure for creating this thread. How can 5th be a failure when it gave us awesome pokemon?
    now now. You don't see other people calling you a failure for your opinions. And that's all this is, opinions.

I myself thought the gen 5 pokemon were awful. They did nothing for me and no i'm not talking vinillish or trubish, I'm talking as a whole. The starters were meh at best.

Its all a subjective matter, no one is right or wrong. but I will say there will be just as many people that like them as there are ones that don't.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

tm and system wise its ok, consider u can spam tm all days now. awesome pokemon? hell no, most of them junks. especially the starters.
    Pokemon Black Friend Code:
    1077-0362-9159

seeking for elekid with electirizer

Failure? No, the Dream World concept was great plus the sequels filled to the brim with side-quests like traditional RPGs were outstanding additions. The real disappointment is how long it lasted. Oh well, we live the present so might as well adapt to it.

My only fear is how out of hand the competitive section is going to get as it already annoys me to no ends.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

We had four great main series games, four decent spin-offs, two (three, technically) 3DS apps, and the Dream World. I'd hardly call that "pathetic".

Generation V is one of the best generations IMO. It has a less tedious exp. system, infinite use tms, and interesting Pokemon like Reuniclus, Cofagrigus, and Braviary.
    3DS Friend Code
    4854-6478-8554
    Friend Safari
    Fire with Magmar, Slugma, and Braixen. Please PM if you want to add me.

Shinies Obtained
    Crobat, Golem, Magnezone, Butterfree, Spheal, Luvdisc, Charizard, Xatu

Shinies obtained from GTS/Trades
    Parasect, Glameow, Chansey, Deoxys, Lugia, Machamp, Linoone, Spiritomb

Generation 5 is the best gen yet in my opinion. So no, it was fast, but that doesn't mean I won't have fond memories of it.

Amount of days for each generation(Based on bublapedia):

Generation 1:
    En October 14, 2000 (774 days)
    Jp November 21, 1999 (1363 days)

Generation 2:
    En March 19, 2003 (885 days)
    Jp November 21, 2002 (1096 days)

Generation 3:
    En April 22, 2007 (1495 days)
    Jp September 28, 2006 (1407 days)

Generation 4:
    En March 4, 2011 (1412 days)
    Jp September 18, 2010 (1451 days)

Generation 5:
    En 676 days and still counting until the next games come out.
    Jp 843 days and still counting until the next games come out.

As Generation 6 will be out October, if it's on the 1st then that's still around at least 265 bring it to 941 for English games and 1108 for Japanese games. English wise, it would be longer then the first two, Japanese wise it was longer then Generation 2. Generation 5 also only had two set of games where as Generation 3 and 4 had three(First two, remake duo, and third installment).

So the length means absolutely nothing.

tm and system wise its ok, consider u can spam tm all days now. awesome pokemon? hell no, most of them junks. especially the starters.
    I guess you aren't aware people like different things. Every Pokemon has a lot of people who like them, and a lot who don't. Nothing is wrong with any of the Pokemon designs, none are problematic(Besides Jynx). Personal disinterest means nothing.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 8th January 2013 at 9:26 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Dismissing Gen V designs like Vanillite for being "unoriginal" really irritates me. As a standalone evolution chain based off an ice cream cone it is original in the pantheon of Pokémon we have... and also how is it any less interesting than the flurry of "add a head to make it evolve" Gen I Pokémon, or ones that were purely spheres? I admit there were some Gen III, IV and V Pokémon that I wasn't sold on at first but as soon as I get into the games I realise how well they fit their environments and the Pokémon around them.

So, Gen V is over quickly - not due to any failure (certainly not in sales or critical reception!) but, as stated, due to the hardware cycle. Personally I think Gen IV, as great as it was, outstayed its welcome. Releasing Gen V on DS was a masterstroke - it maximised units sold due to the number of people with a DS that were able to play it, and it got the absolute best out of the hardware. Releasing Gen V on 3DS would have meant a lack of familiarity with the hardware and dev kit and FAR too much time between new generations. The Fifth Generation got the gameplay mechanics spot on resulting in a slick game that looked and played great, along with a good story (especially by Pokémon standards!) and a genuine sequel packed with features during and after the quest. Not to mention a fresh roster of Pokémon that are so much better than they're given credit for.

If Pokémon X and Y weren't getting a simultaneous worldwide release and we were waiting until, say, March 2014 for the English translation then I don't think anyone say that Gen V was rushed out of the door. There is nowhere else to go with Gen V. Gen III remakes were pointless since GBA games are playable on (older) DS hardware, releasing a remake for 3DS would have been a cop-out for the first main series title on the handheld, and it could have presented compatibility issues. Releasing on DS would have been a foolish move. Nintendo will be keen for a flagship Pokémon title to sell systems and software. I think the timing for Gen VI is perfect from every perspective, just as releasing Gen V for DS was the correct move at the time.

Gen 5 was great
    I loved it

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

advance last for 4 years before dp, same apply to dp. bw started in 2010 only 2 years and its over
    Generation 1 and 2 lasted for 3 years, oh I guess they were

guess nintendo know it fail too.
    Pokémon Black and White sold 4.3 million copies in Japan, took the #1 and #2 spots respectively in the UK overall sales charts and in the US, Black and White sold more than 1.08 million copies on day one, breaking the previous day-one record held by predecessors Diamond and Pearl of 780,000 copies.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 have combined sales of 4.26 million copies worldwide.

Next time do your research before made up nonsense and you would avoid looking stupid.

pokemon just too sh!tty in gen 5
    A poorly formed opinion that is trying to be passed as fact.

Again a poorly formed opinion that is trying to be passed as fact.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

The 5 Gen aswell as the anime has been one of the most well made Generations in history. The 3 Gen was ok and the 4 Gen was shitty.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast