Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite/ least favorite rival

Default favorite/ least favorite rival

who is your favorite/ least favorite rival? (preferably in the game, not the anime.)

for me i would have to say my favorite i would have to say blue. he was actually pretty challenging, and i thought the whole "him being champion before you" thing was really unexpectedly clever the first time i played red.

my least favorite is probably hugh, despite how cool he looks. him being nice to you all the time kind of threw me off, as other rivals often weren't like that. his in-game team is sort of weak as well.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

My favorite rival huh... Silver!
    He looks awesome and his team is no piece of cake

My least favorite would have to be Bary.
    I just hate him. He's so annoying
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Belle would be my favorite rival. She's amazing, she's so clumsy and dangerous. I love when she makes Satoshi fall into a body of water in the anime. But, in-game she's a good battler, I do wish she had particated in the Pokemon League with the player and Cheren.
    Least favorite? I don't have one.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 14th March 2013 at 3:39 AM.

When it comes to pseudo-rivals, I always thought steven stone from r/s/e was a bit of a douche. "I'll hunt pkmn in a cave for some reason, then ambush you!"
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

My favorite is Gary, the ******* rival :P

Least favorite is Barry, too annoying imo.

My favorite Rival was Silver. Despite the name issue I had with him. [I always name my characters Silver because I name them all after the baby Lugia in season five.][There's more to the story than that, but let's not go into an explanation of it... It's a rather long story. xD]
    I ended up naming him Bob so that I could keep using the name Silver for my characters.
    My favorite would be Gary, but in Yellow that jerk took the Eevee, and I was so pissed off! xD

My least favorite was Barry. I hated him. He wasn't a jerk, so you didn't feel as awesome after you beat him. He was just annoying running around, asking if you were ready for stuff, stalling, and just downright slowing you down.

My favorite rival would probably be Barry. First of all he was my first rival so there's some nostalgia (I would say Silver but he was more of my brother's rival) and he's just so hyper and he put up a good challenge. I disliked him back then because he kept on beating me but now I appreciate him as my favorite rival. My least rival would be Brendan/May because he/she hardly has a personality and just so dull.

My favorite is definetly Silver. His full backstory we are given in HG/SS really interested me and something about him is just cooler than any of the others (bar Blue/Gary).

GodDamnZilla

I tend to hate all of the rivals. I think the best of them was Blue from the first generation. Atleast he gave you negative characteristics to hate him for.
    Pokemon White2 Friend Code: 2452 2461 5266
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me see if I can rank them

1. Silver (idk, he's just a really interesting character. He turns out to be a good guy, you know? Well, better than what we thought XD)
    2. Gary/Blue (Gotta love the classics ; D)
    3. Cheren (Didn't love him, but he was ok, I guess. Better as a gym leader in BW2)
    4. Hugh (couldn't remember his name lol, had to look it up.)
    5. Barry (eh.)
    6. May/Brendan (forgetable, barely remembered the guys name)
    7. Bianca (Seriously? This chick got on my nerves till the very end! Can't do anything right)
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Silver would be my favourite, I'm not sure about least favourite

The best? Gary Mutha*%^in' Oak, bay far. Silver is a distant second. The worst? May/Brendan; not even worth calling a rival, really... the only thing May/Brendan did worth mentioning was impede my access to the Lilycove Department Store.

I've never really liked any of them, but my least favourite is Barry for sure.

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

From favorite to least-favorite:

1) Silver
    2) Barry
    3) Hugh
    4) Cheren
    5) Bianca
    6) May/Brendan
    7) Blue
    8) Wally
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I'd say Barry was probably my favorite. Sure, he was annoying at times, but at least he was more friendly to you than Blue/Gary and wasn't cruel like Silver. Plus, he had one of the strongest teams out of any of the rivals, IMO (Snorlax and Heracross always give me a good challenge). Least favorite was May/Brendan, since they weren't much of a challenge and didn't even bother to evolve their starter to its final form. Hugh was also a bit grating on my nerves, not to mention that you only battle him like three times before the Elite Four.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Silver as he has the most character development IMO. Blue as well is a great rival. The worst have to be Barry, Wally and May. Don't get me wrong, RSE and DPpt. we're great but the rivals were meh.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

My most favorite rival is Barrys rival, Palmer his freakin awesome father. Least favorite is a mix up between barry, trip and brendan (all of which were equally annoying to me).
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Am I the only one that really likes Hugh? He wasn't great from a battling point of view but he was an interesting character, had great development, and has a kickass battle theme.

I'm not a fan of May/Brendan, they don't contribute much at all and their team of Pokemon sucks.

I think we need a badass female rival.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Am I the only one that really likes Hugh? He wasn't great from a battling point of view but he was an interesting character, had great development, and has a kickass battle theme.
    Hugh was my favorite, too. His design and spiky afro all the way to that personality ~

Least favorite... probably Barry, he was boring to me XD
    [img]http://oi43.*******.com/142adzr.jpg[/img]

come get a clock at equal to heaven's clock shop!
    [img]http://oi42.*******.com/2j28503.jpg[/img]

Silver is my favourite from the lot. He was a guy you liked to hate, had some motivation behind his actions and also some neat character development that wasn't beaten over your head. Gary was also a fun rival; with both of them you enjoyed beating them up, and I feel that was key.

Barry has some amusement value to him I suppose (as well as the 'Barry dance' and neat theme music). Hugh was a bit too one dimensional/repetitive imo, and didn't quite compare to Cheren/Biana who were alright (I prefer Bianca as she offered a different direction).

I'd probably have liked Wally more if he showed up more than three times in the game! But the worst rivals imo were May/Brendan. Let's face it, they lacked in personality, gave you awards all the time, and then gave up before even fully evolving their starter. This doesn't stop them trying to give you advice in beating the Champion however...

At least their battle theme music is up there though, but it's little saving grace imo.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Not sure if N counts, but he's definitely my favorite if he does. Otherwise...well, I really wouldn't have a personal favorite.

My least favorite...yeah, I don't have one for that either.

Help these dragons live, click on them.

Favorite: Green. He's pretty cool, especially when it comes to battling.
    Least Favorite: Cheren. He's too uptight and he thinks he knows everything

Gary/Blue- favorite for sure
    Cheren and Bianca- I hate both of them, so annoying and boring. Rivals are supposed to be douchebags.
    I can smell u

My favorite: Gary/Blue
    Reason: He actually is somewhat of a challenge compared to all other rivals

My least favorite: May/Brendan
    Reason: They were a total joke. In the last battle with them, their starter wasn't even fully evolved!
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    X/Y/OR/AS Living Dex Completed: November 27, 2014
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45
    Rivals are supposed to be douchebags.
    You got a point there, but I'd rather look forward to battling my rival(s) and surpassing them then not want to see them cause they're douche bags.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast