View Poll Results: What type of Cast type do you wish for the next saga?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash/Female Gym Leader/Male Gym Leader (Ash/Misty/Brock, Ash/Iris/Cilan)

10 9.01%
  • Ash/Female Trianer/Young Brother of F. Trainer/Young adult/ (Ash/May/Max/Brock)

9 8.11%
  • Ash/Female Trainer/Gym Leader (Ash/Dawn/Brock)

36 32.43%
  • Something different with amount of 3 Ash/Misty/Brock

19 17.12%
  • Something different with amount of 4 Ash/May/Max/Brock

24 21.62%
  • Something Way different with 5 or more Main Characters

13 11.71%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: What type of cast chemestry would you like for the XY Anime!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Yeah it's called Max. And you see how that went.

How does that work if they aren't doing anything with in the group? No offense but it's weird to only have two characters doing things in the group pokemon related and the other doing nothing. It makes it seem like they aren't pulling their own weight. This is why in AG having both Brock and Max doing nothing was painful. It was fun but painful.
    I didn't' think it honestly went that bad. lol The brother sister relationship that hakura had with him was fun and made me like her more then I did for her by herself.

They have to do something pokemon related, I admit.

To be honest, I just kind of threw the "extra" character thing in there for those that wanted it. They can do whatever they want, but my focus was on the double battlers scenario rather then extra characters.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I didn't' think it honestly went that bad. lol The brother sister relationship that hakura had with him was fun and made me like her more then I did for her by herself.

They have to do something pokemon related, I admit.

To be honest, I just kind of threw the "extra" character thing in there for those that wanted it. They can do whatever they want, but my focus was on the double battlers scenario rather then extra characters.
    I liked May and Max for that too. But May with Contests was good to keep the show interesting also. This is why I liked the AG group. But Brock being there served no purpose for me back then.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 11th January 2013 at 9:49 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

I want a group of four again. If Max comes back to be Ash's traveling partner, I'll die of fangirly happiness. He's just so darn adorable x3
    I need that so bad...
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I want a group of four again. If Max comes back to be Ash's traveling partner, I'll die of fangirly happiness. He's just so darn adorable x3
    I need that so bad...
    Sure he is. Just give him a pokemon and something to do and I'll be glad to see him again.

My ideal battle ever!

Ash + 3 new characters would be ideal.

I also rather liked it when Barry traveled with the DP trio, so its proof that another group of 4 could actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I also rather liked it when Barry traveled with the DP trio, so its proof that another group of 4 could actually work.
    Not long term. Dawn would've had to fight for screentime with Barry. The only reason it worked in AG was because Max wasn't a trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Not long term. Dawn would've had to fight for screentime with Barry. The only reason it worked in AG was because Max wasn't a trainer.
    Wow... your post gave me some insight, that's why Ash + co-star + male rival + sidekick couldn't work, at least for long. The guy would have the compete for the girl's screentime, and Max didn't hog screentime in AG and that's why it woked...

Though Ash + co-star + 2 male sidekicks could be pretty cool, but that's AG lol.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

They've exhausted all possible group combinations already. They would never do a 5 person group so that's out.

I also doubt there will ever be two girls in the same group as that would have happened by now.

They've exhausted all possible group combinations already. They would never do a 5 person group so that's out.

I also doubt there will ever be two girls in the same group as that would have happened by now.
    If you count temporary, the time when Bianca joined with Ash and co for a few episodes.

But Iris wasn't co-star, so there wasn't much competition. I would've like Ash + costar + two sidekicks

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

The combination is always the same besides in Hoenn, I don't know how it is exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The combination is always the same besides in Hoenn, I don't know how it is exhausted.
    No it isn't. All 3 trio's were different from each other, admittedly the BW trio has similar dynamics to the Kanto one.

Well they could try a 5 person group, but I doubt that will work well.
    I would like to see the 4 person group come back, but different than the AG group somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

No it isn't. All 3 trio's were different from each other, admittedly the BW trio has similar dynamics to the Kanto one.
    I'm talking about Satoshi 1 guy and 1 girl, no they don't, put two guys or girls with him to be diferent(never going to happen I know).

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Moments of humor brock defiantly had ._. even if it was overdone, he had quite bit more moments of humor then ash.

Proactive yes. I'll give you that.
    Agreed, even in DP Brock had several memorable moments not necessarily humorous ones only but also those where his caring, helpful side came to expression. With characters like Holly from tag battle or maid from Miltank caffe, helped Ash to train his pokemon like Infernape or to prepare for gym battles like Roark, taught Dawn about preparing medicine etc.

He had his moments, but desperately needed more chance to shine and properly display qualities in Sinnoh which sadly wasn't the case. Granted i can understand some being tired of his need to impress other girls but that was always part of character personality being young irrational teenager wanting to find love. Either it appeals to you or doesn't. Same goes for Cilan culinary expressions, May fondness for food, Misty passion for romance, Ash moments of naivety etc.

Either you enjoy in it or don't being matter of taste.

Main problem i have with that is given expected short lifespan characters in pokemon have, there wouldn't be enough time to flesh each of this characters individually. Something which we got chance to see with BW with too many new things at once not leaving enough time to explore everyone adequately taking away from viewers interest.

When your reusing some of older characters such problem doesn't exist since they are developed to some extent allowing writers to just pick up from where they stopped doing sequel, not requiring same amount of fleshing out like someone who starts from zero needs. If your introducing too many new characters at once that can easily backfire considering how in such case you cant achieve stable, continuity based cast failing in maintaining viewers interest.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Eh i don't know. Thing is we never had cast with four active characters so its kinda unexplored territory not being known if writers are up to such task.

With good repartition of screen time, such concept could in theory work, by balancing out focus between them adequately.

Digimon usually has 5, 6 even more main characters in cast and writers succeed in keeping all of them active.

In comparison if Barry did stayed in DP cast we would probably have less screen time dedicated to recurring characters like rivals(i feel some of them were overused in Sinnoh), less filler type episodes where nothing of significance happens and probably less training episodes to allow that other member in cast works out.

Hmm, I'd like them to start out with 2 older characters + Ash, and if all goes well maybe add a 4th somewhere mid-region. They seemed to do alright with a 4 person group because May and Max are like bread and butter. One things for sure, they definitely need characters that compliment each other, like Misty and Brock for example.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I would have liked that too. But just like when it was with Lyra, Ash, Khoury and Dawn, it would have been like Brock wasn't even there. Brock really wouldn't have been needed if Barry was there, so I doubt that would work.

My ideal battle ever!

I'm probally the only one that wants this but i think ash should travel alone for a little while maybe until the 3rd gym then meets a girl later on around the 5 gym meets his personal cook
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott will not evolve. If you are part of the 2% that believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters!

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Uzamaki View Post
    I'm probally the only one that wants this but i think ash should travel alone for a little while maybe until the 3rd gym then meets a girl later on around the 5 gym meets his personal cook
    It would be nice for Ash to travel alone for a while. It would be nice if Ash could learn how to cook for himself or something so that there wouldn't be no need for something like that. I think that's stupid. If you can't take care of yourself regarding food, getting an older boy to cook for you seems a bit selfish and dumb.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Uzamaki View Post
    I always thought it'd be a good idea for Ash to travel alone for the final arc, for the whole arc. This way no one can glote that such and such got the honor of being with him during the final arc....

Anyway, I would like Ash/Cilan/New girl and boy. I really liked AG with 4 people, I thought it was something different, so I'd like to see it done again. The new boy could do contests again since we've never had someone on the main cast do contests who is a boy.... and the girl can do something that isn't contest/specialize in a type/become a gym leader related.

I'd love to see Ash go on his own for a little while, I think it would help him stay on track with his catching and training. He talks to Pikachu anyway so it's not like he won't have an excuse to speak.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

They will never have Ash travel alone. It also alienates female fans because they have no character to relate to.

They will never have Ash travel alone. It also alienates female fans because they have no character to relate to.
    Exactly. He also doesn't promote the new seasons as well on his own.

Guess this slipped through the radar...

Please direct all XY conversation to the stickied XY thread.

//CLOSED
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789