View Poll Results: What type of Cast type do you wish for the next saga?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash/Female Gym Leader/Male Gym Leader (Ash/Misty/Brock, Ash/Iris/Cilan)

10 9.01%
  • Ash/Female Trianer/Young Brother of F. Trainer/Young adult/ (Ash/May/Max/Brock)

9 8.11%
  • Ash/Female Trainer/Gym Leader (Ash/Dawn/Brock)

36 32.43%
  • Something different with amount of 3 Ash/Misty/Brock

19 17.12%
  • Something different with amount of 4 Ash/May/Max/Brock

24 21.62%
  • Something Way different with 5 or more Main Characters

13 11.71%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of cast chemestry would you like for the XY Anime!

I want something different this time.

Personally, with all the recurring characters we'll likely have I'd like to see what they could do with just Ash and Female Companion. The third wheel isn't always there. When they are it's a recurring character who travels with them for an arch before leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Care to elaborate why?
    Would not fit his persona at all. Kid is to social to travel alone.

Ash and the new girl as a due would be fine

Like be a mentor

Care to elaborate why?
    Because he wouldn't have many other characters to interact with. Yes, there are COTDs, but those attachments won't be permanent and would amount to nothing in the end. If the anime's done anything right, it's that the characters he's traveled with do end up forming a tight bond with the kid and it's actually developed well, for the most part. Besides, from an advertising stand point, it'd be tough to do so with just him.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post

Personally, with all the recurring characters we'll likely have I'd like to see what they could do with just Ash and Female Companion. The third wheel isn't always there. When they are it's a recurring character who travels with them for an arch before leaving.
    I'm with you this, An00bis. I think Ash and a female companion could work really well. Yes, there will be inevitable shippings of those 2 but isn't it inevitable that people will ship Ash with the main girl from each region whether we are looking at a duo, trio, or 4 people together? This would be a really unique twist. Although I don't want Gina to punch me so I will say that Cilan should be there as well XD

Character wise, any interactions that Ash needs can be easily achieved through COTD's. It's what Pokemon hangs its hat on since the beginning. Pretty much every episode involves Ash helping any random person that just so happens to need help. Without taveling companions, the episode structures would very much be the same, just minus two other characters.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Yes I would like to see Ash travel alone only for a couple of episodes then meets the new female companion and they travel as a duo I don't doubt the writers I could see them making it work and as for Trio its been used so muchthat i'd like something new but I wouldn't disapprove another Trio and a 4 person group with atleast one of them having 6+ pokemon and the rest having between 3-6 pokemon the writers can barley even out screen time now and a 5 person group dont get me started >.>

Character wise, any interactions that Ash needs can be easily achieved through COTD's. It's what Pokemon hangs its hat on since the beginning. Pretty much every episode involves Ash helping any random person that just so happens to need help. Without taveling companions, the episode structures would very much be the same, just minus two other characters.
    And that would get old very fast. Because people would want him to form relationships with others. Also, for people who don't like Ash or prefer other characters, they won't have anyone else to identify with or enjoy as much. It just wouldn't work out. It'd be even tougher for the show to stay fresh.

Just like when Bianca appeared every now and then? The narrator seemed to define that Bianca was part of the gang, but during the times she actually appears.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

this would of been perfectly fine as an idea if some people just weren't so sick of ash. lol If this was a done in the third region then it would of been fine...but since the pattern has been established, its hard to break and atcually be interesting.

(To be interesting they have to play with other character stereotypes and such. Make the anime flair because Ash by himself is just there. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by pokechamp95 View Post
    Yes I would like to see Ash travel alone only for a couple of episodes then meets the new female companion and they travel as a duo I don't doubt the writers I could see them making it work and as for Trio its been used so muchthat i'd like something new but I wouldn't disapprove another Trio and a 4 person group with atleast one of them having 6+ pokemon and the rest having between 3-6 pokemon the writers can barley even out screen time now and a 5 person group dont get me started >.>
    I'm not sure how well a mere duo would work out. With just one person to interact with, it's possible the show would get stale after a while, at least depending on how the two get along. I think a group dynamic with three or four can do wonders. As for a four person group, they could very well balance out a group with 3 to 6 Pokemon, including Ash's... Of course, yeah, the writers might end up giving someone the shaft which would suck. I'm hoping (although expectations are low) that they can do things right since BW had a great group dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    I'm not sure how well a mere duo would work out. With just one person to interact with, it's possible the show would get stale after a while, at least depending on how the two get along. I think a group dynamic with three or four can do wonders. As for a four person group, they could very well balance out a group with 3 to 6 Pokemon, including Ash's... Of course, yeah, the writers might end up giving someone the shaft which would suck. I'm hoping (although expectations are low) that they can do things right since BW had a great group dynamic.
    Ash and Dawn would of been fine by themselves if they weren't expected to abide by "kids anime rules."
    Hell, ash and May would of done fine due to Ash being mentorish as well. But the problem is that they have hard time diving deep or just semi-deep to make the most of it.

To be honest, I actually liked the trio better. A duo or solo, ash needs to have more entertaining quirks, not be so overused (sadly...lol), and in general be more mature. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Just like when Bianca appeared every now and then?
    Yep. The idea being that they stick around for 3-4 episodes and then part ways for whatever reason. Maybe we'll have 3-4 Recurring Characters including the rival and we'll see them all in rotation. We'll also see significant characters from the games in the group occasionally.

The only possible problem I could see is eventually people will come to favor just one of the Guest Characters and wonder why the writers didn't just put them in the group the whole time. The answer for that is simple, though. There seems to be very little middle ground when it comes to the third wheel in the group. People seem to either like them or hate them. This way we can have a third man/woman while reducing the chances of them becoming stale.

I would like to see Ash travel alone for a little bit in the very beginning, kind of like in D/P when Pikachu went missing but for a little bit longer, and then he can meet whoever he is going to travel with.

I just want Ash, Iris, Trip traveling into new 6th region

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    I just want Ash, Iris, Trip traveling into new 6th region
    YAY!! My least favorite people traveling with Ash the next regionXD

I always liked what they did in the AG series, wouldn't mind them going back to that again. Only this time, it'd be without Brock.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Ash/new female gym leader (1st gym leader in the new region)/an aspiring male trainer who can cook.

I like the 4 people dynamic so I wouldn't mind that.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Yeah, we don't need her to end up like Mimi from Digimon.
    lol. That was literally the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw her. Yeah I don't want to put up with that for 3 years. I'd personally like to see a girl who is stoic/relaxed yet really kind. And maybe when pushed over her limit she explodes with unimaginable fury the likes we haven't seen before.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I was imagining someone who was sweet, kind, and had an obsession with cooking and proper etiquette. I proper lady until pushed.

Why she'd travel with Ash (besides he likes her cooking) is anyone's guess.

I was imagining someone who was sweet, kind, and had an obsession with cooking and proper etiquette. I proper lady until pushed.

Why she'd travel with Ash (besides he likes her cooking) is anyone's guess.
    Because she secretly loves watching and doing gym battles? :P
    She secretly adores the battling despite being a "Proper lady", and makes some excuse to follow ash around just watch him fight in the gyms, while secretly wanting (and eventually doing) to join ash in that regard.
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I want Ash to take an Eevee along with him & Pikachu to PokeFrance,so it can have a double evolution with his Rival's Eevee into two new Eevveelutions

-Ash (hopefully he will play the role of mentor to the new girl)
    -A flamboyant gay guy who wears a pink scarf, who's also has a bit of a vindictive streak and competes in contests. So, basically Harley 2.0.
    -A young female rookie who aspires to become a gym leader. In order to become stronger, she starts collecting badges (I like the idea of anime only badges being introduced next saga to prevent the badge hunt becoming stale and repetitive).
    -A sassy black lady who plays the role of "mother" to the main cast. She looks kind of like Leonara and she loves to cook- when members of the main cast are getting out of hand she threatens to beat them with her spatula.

Quote Originally Posted by A.F.M View Post
    -Ash (hopefully he will play the role of mentor to the new girl)
    -A flamboyant gay guy who wears a pink scarf, who's also has a bit of a vindictive streak and competes in contests. So, basically Harley 2.0.
    -A young female rookie who aspires to become a gym leader. In order to become stronger, she starts collecting badges (I like the idea of anime only badges being introduced next saga to prevent the badge hunt becoming stale and repetitive).
    -A sassy black lady who plays the role of "mother" to the main cast. She looks kind of like Leonara and she loves to cook- when members of the main cast are getting out of hand she threatens to beat them with her spatula.
    Ha, this could work. :P Although the rookie girl you described would basically be May 2.0 except with aspirations to be a Gym Leader...

If there were more than 5 trainers, and given that the focus will be mainly on Ash (and a new trainer if they add one), the others would be so undeveloped O.o

Something similar to DP would be nice. Ash as the central character who can actually progress instead of regress, then a female character based on the female playable character from the games and who has a goal that doesn't involve evolving one Pokemon, and a male companion who cooks and stuff and is more humble and likable.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast