Thread: Pokemon X and Y What until then?

Default Pokemon X and Y What until then?

Hello,
    I am having troubles making a decision, Maybe you fine forum readers can help.
    I will start with describing my situation, I have played pokemon blue, red and yellow. I've played pokemon silver and gold. I've played ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, pearl and platinum, black and white. I've played so many of the pokemon offshoots as well. I am looking to kill some time in between the games I am currently playing and the long long wait for X and Y
    I have 1 of almost every pokemon in my White game all packaged away nicely and have several teams EV trained and bred with good IV/Nature.

I was wondering if I should pick up soul silver? (Silver was my fav game ever and I put a lot of play time back in the day) or.... Black/White 2.

After playing black/white will soul silver feel dated or will it be good? Like I said silver was my favorite game in the series so a revisit would be good but... Black and white 2 are way newer.
    or
    Is Black/White 2 even worth it? is there much to do for someone that has spent many many hours in other pokemon games? Is it a big difference menu/Graphic/system wise from soul silver?

Which one do you think I would enjoy more? and why?
    Thank you,

Between playing a game with a new story and a game you already know what will happen, then you should play B2/W2 before SoulSilver.

SoulSilver has some improvements over Silver, but nothing that new in the story at all.

Personally, I'm pretty big on BW and BW2 since they let you use TMs as often as you want. You get to experiment a lot with your strategy without worrying so much about possibly wasting a TM.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Try BW2. I'm sure you will enjoy it and then if you want to play something else after it play SS (which isn't outdated at all since many want some of its mechanics to return).

Honestly, I would play both. I don't think there's a good reason not to play any of them if you enjoy Pokémon games. If Silver was your favorite as you said, then there's a good reason to play the remake. I also loved Gen II back in the day and I found SoulSilver amazing. It felt both nostalgic and fresh. Of course, I played it before Gen V, but I don't think you'll feel it's outdated or anything. I haven't played BW2 yet, but I'll definitely play them before Gen VI, since I think the innovations (a new story -as they're sequels-, new areas, Pokéstar studios, World Tournament, etc.) makes them worth playing.

You're pretty much asking The Internet if you should play video games or not.

All of these games you're contemplating have been out for at least a year, if not more. There's no shortage of written information on official sites, fan sites, snippets of the games on YouTube, and so on.

Go look up the information and decide for yourself.

There's also the option of playing something other than Pokemon, or even doing something other than video games!
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I picked up white 2, Turned it on then entered the name I always use for every single pokemon game... But then... I got the coolest ID no. EVER! 44444 Soooo cool
    Thanks everyone. May pick up soul silver after this game. I may also just leave it though. The game will never live up to the nostalgia I feel towards original silver.

Play Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Shutting.. This doesn't really fit GPD.

HGSS been out for long is more likey to disappear off the shelves soon, but then BW2 has a few good events still to happen for it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)