Thread: 33rd Golden Raspberry Awards discussion

Default 33rd Golden Raspberry Awards discussion

Well, it is that time of year again, and the awards season begins with the one I look forward to the most: the Razzies. In case you don't know what the Golden Raspberry Awards are, it honours the worst in film for the previous year (in this case 2012). This year it looks impossible for a film to win every award (like Jack and Jill did last year), but it seems harder to predict with several films deserving of this award. Here are the nominations for this year's awards.

Worst Picture
    > Battleship
    > The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure
    > That's My Boy
    > A Thousand Words
    > The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Worst Actor
    > Nicolas Cage in Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and Seeking Justice
    > Eddie Murphy in A Thousand Words
    > Robert Pattinson in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
    > Tyler Perry in Alex Cross and Good Deeds
    > Adam Sandler in That's My Boy

Worst Actress
    > Katherine Heigl in One for the Money
    > Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil: Retribution
    > Tyler Perry in Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection
    > Kristen Stewart in Snow White and the Huntsman and The Twilight Saga: > Breaking Dawn - Part 2
    > Barbra Streisand in The Guilt Trip

Worst Supporting Actor
    > David Hasselhoff (as himself) in Piranha 3DD
    > Taylor Lautner in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
    > Liam Neeson in Battleship and Wrath of the Titans
    > Nick Swardson in That's My Boy
    > Vanilla Ice (as himself) in That's My Boy

Worst Supporting Actress
    > Jessica Biel in Playing for Keeps and Total Recall
    > Brooklyn Decker in Battleship and What to Expect When You're Expecting
    > Ashley Greene in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
    > Jennifer Lopez in What to Expect When You're Expecting
    > Rihanna in Battleship

Worst Screen Couple
    > Any Two Cast Members from "Jersey Shore" in The Three Stooges
    > Mackenzie Foy and Taylor Lautner in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
    > Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
    > Tyler Perry and His Drag Get-Up in Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection
    > Adam Sandler and either Leighton Meester, Andy Samberg, or Susan Sarandon in That's My Boy

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
    > Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
    > Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection
    > Piranha 3DD
    > Red Dawn
    > The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Worst Director
    > Sean Anders for That's My Boy
    > Peter Berg for Battleship
    > Bill Condon for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
    > Tyler Perry for Good Deeds and Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection
    > John Putch for Atlas Shrugged: Part II

Worst Screenplay
    > Atlas Shrugged: Part II (screenplay by Duke Sandefur, Brian Patrick O'Toole, and Duncan Scott, based on the novel by Ayn Rand)
    > Battleship (written by Jon and Erich Hoeber, based on the boardgame by Hasbro)
    > That's My Boy (written by David Caspe, uncredited rewrites by Adam Sandler, Tim Herlihy, Robert Smigel, David Wain, and Ken Marino)
    > A Thousand Words (written by Steve Koren)
    > The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (screenplay by Melissa Rosenberg and Stephenie Meyer, based on the novel by Stephenie Meyer)

Worst Screen Ensemble
    > The entire cast of Battleship
    > The entire cast of Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection
    > The entire cast of The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure
    > The entire cast of That's My Boy
    > The entire cast of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

You can now discuss who will win. My tip is "Battleship" ahead of "The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure" (a kiddy version of "Battlefield Earth") for Worst Picture. Good luck to all the nominees for the Razzies this year.

EDIT: I now think "The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure will win the Worst Picture award now after some careful research.
    Last edited by indigohex; 15th January 2013 at 2:45 AM.
    Indigohex is a retired fifty-three star surgeon-general who wishes that the Australian version of I Am A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here would get cancelled within less than a second of starting. The views reflected in the posts above and below this post does not necessarily reflect the views of Serebii.net, its owners or shareholders.

Indigohex: Serebii.net Forums' Voice

Don't you mean "bad luck" ;D?

I don't know why you have some of them highlighted in yellow, but I wouldn't do that if I were you, even if they're what you want to "win" the awards. It's a bit confusing.

Anyway, I haven't seen any of these movies on the list, nor will I ever watch them, so I can't really make proper judgments. Even though I hear "Battleship" was such a disappointment, I think "Oogieloves" will get Worst Picture. It got poor box office results for a reason, and from all I've heard about it, it really treated the audience like morons, even though it was targeted for children. So my bet's on "Oogieloves" for Worst Picture, and possibly Worse Screen Ensemble. Anything else in the other categories I don't really care about.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Don't you mean "bad luck" ;D?
    Even though I hear "Battleship" was such a disappointment, I think "Oogieloves" will get Worst Picture. It got poor box office results for a reason, and from all I've heard about it, it really treated the audience like morons, even though it was targeted for children. So my bet's on "Oogieloves" for Worst Picture, and possibly Worse Screen Ensemble. Anything else in the other categories I don't really care about.
    I read on Wikipedia that Oogieloves was a box-office bomb (in fact, it was the biggest box-office bomb for films released in at least 2000 cinemas). I have never heard of half the films that have been nominated, and now I think it is for a good reason (terrible films). For worst picture, I have heard of "Battleship", "That's My Boy" and "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn", but haven't seen them. But I wouldn't be surprised if Oogieloves win worst picture.

By the way, the "winners" will be announced on Oscars eve. And the nominees in yellow are my tips for the awards.
    Last edited by indigohex; 9th January 2013 at 4:23 AM.
    Indigohex is a retired fifty-three star surgeon-general who wishes that the Australian version of I Am A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here would get cancelled within less than a second of starting. The views reflected in the posts above and below this post does not necessarily reflect the views of Serebii.net, its owners or shareholders.

Indigohex: Serebii.net Forums' Voice