Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chihayafuru 2

Well, with both teams advancing to Omi Jingu, I'm not really sure who's going to end up winning this one. I can see Kana winning her match, and Chihaya seems like she'll turn things around, but I'm not at all sure about the others. I like how both sides are showing plenty of team spirit - even if Mizusawa loses, I think I'll be satisfied with the result (but of course, I want Mizusawa to win!).

And Sudo's hilarious! His nerve-shattering cough was particularly enjoyable (in a sadistic way ).
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Gosh, Chihaya is a scary opponent now. Nerves of steel and even when it doesn't look like she has a chance, she's so positive in attack that her opponent starts to doubt themselves. Mizusawa's exertion of pressure on Hokuo was fantastic. They're going to be formidable at Omi Jingu.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

God damn that was tense, guessed Hokuo would win, but it was great to watch when they were all down to one card.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    That was the most intense episode yet. Bittersweet as **** ending too.
    Nothing will ever be as intense as the Kana vs Desktomu ans Taichi vs Nishida episode.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Nothing will ever be as intense as the Kana vs Desktomu ans Taichi vs Nishida episode.
    It's been a while so I kind of forgot about that one.

Those "foreigners" and their Engrish was glorious.

Feel sorry for them though, the way they got completely dominated in the end.
    My Anime List

I would have been worried for Mizusawa if Chiba hadn't been completely dominated.

That was an INTENSE episode! Mostly because of how Chihaya's opponent had her on the ropes. Also because of how damn scary Shinobu was as well.

Megumu's at the level where it would be a massive accomplishment for Chihaya to win, but you can actually realistically see it happen. I don't know how to call this one.

Megumu is my favourite new character. Not only is she the most adorable character (dem freckles) but she's frighteningly good at karuta. Another fantastic episode, this season hasn't let me down once.

Sudou, u y no more screentime?

Another great episode, can't wait to see how Chihaya Vs. Megumu turns out, it's pretty much as TP said, Chihaya winning would be pretty massive, but realistically you can see it happening.
    My Anime List

That moment when Megumu took Chihayafuru. I flipped my ****.
    Done here.

Holy **** that moment when it was down to Desktomu and the Akashi girl was tense, I honestly thought Mizusawa would lose, so when he actually won it was a massive surprise.

Lost my **** when Chihaya lost the Chihaya card, never thought we'd see that happen.

Mad hyped to see the final match, and even more so when it's down to the singles tournament.
    My Anime List

Desktomu proves once again how much of a reliable teammate he is. I love the focus on him lately. And you KNOW I cheered out loud when he won. That moment was perfect.

And yeah, I never thought Chihaya would lose that card either. Wonder what's gonna happen next...

Oh, and Kana's stutter. Too cute.

I can't take it anymore, this **** is just too tense.

I want to believe Mizusawa will win, but I don't see how they can. Karuta miracle?

Oh, and I totally wish there was a Sudoufuru, I'd be all over that.

Spoiler:- Also, more of this guy please:

EDIT: Had a look to see how much of the manga the anime has covered, this current match was in chapters 81-84, hitch leaves something like 24 chapters left at this point, that's without the rest of the episodes for this season airing yet. That makes it look like season 3, if it happens, could be a bit of a wait.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 12th May 2013 at 6:04 AM.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- Episode 19 (should I be putting this in spoiler tags?):

I love how this show never glosses over the fact that for all the strategy and sweat, this is a game with poetry at its heart.

That was incredible. It takes a very special kind of show to get me that into an episode. When I was watching it was no longer "was it written that they win or lose?" but just "will they win? Can they pull it off?" It's just pure emotion at that point and I was swept up in it. And the payoff? Perfect.

Also there's the stuff TotalPotato mentioned as well, what the cards represented, all the build up they've been doing for Taichi for this one moment. And goddamn the music fits so well.

So yeah, episode 19 was a little exhilarating.

Jesus ****ing Christ this show is too good.

Edge of the seat stuff at the end there when they were down to only one card each.

EDIT: There's going to be an OVA, apparently.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/18745/Chihayafuru_OVA
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 18th May 2013 at 4:46 PM.
    My Anime List

YES YES YES I LOVE CHIHAYAFURU

This episode has made me very coherent, it seems.
    Done here.

Long dumb montage this episode bleh.

Still, Chihaya is pretty much screwed. These next few episodes are going to be hard to watch...

Poor Porky, he was doing so well, then Arata decided to go serious.

Next week Chihaya vs. Shinobu round 2, do want.
    My Anime List

Ayase Chihaya is almost certainly one of the biggest badasses in fiction.
    Done here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast