Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 112

Thread: Worst 6 In-game Pokemon?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Going through Smogon's Pokemon list, ordered by ascending base stat total (BST), changing preferences to threshold NU (I believe it means NU and above), and ignoring special cases (Shedinja, Smeargle)

    Ditto, Delibird, Luvdisc, Unown, Farfetch'd, Spinda

    Go wild.
    Casual Veteran Player (History: Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2 (current))

    I just enjoy the ride

    FC's:
    White - 5028-9056-3901 (JT):
    Black - 1764-7304-9723 (Aishi):
    White 2 - 3998-4495-2395 (Rose):
    Black 2 - 2881-8825-5463 (JT):

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    @ endless: wob and shedinja are just too situationaly good, shedinja alone could beat some e4 or gym leaders by himself

    @ flyshyguy: i suppose he would be one of the better ones, has 10 base stats more than spinda and same type, not to mention his decent movepool specialy, can't say much for the other's moves, i don't knw them as well. tho i will not be using any weather inducers

    @ Excitable Boy: BST isn't everything.... look at dugtrio, he is way down there, but he's usable and is currently OU competitively, not that that's saying much for this argument, but if something is OU, it is unlikely to be bad, let alone among the worst. but that seems one of the best (and by that i mean worst) full team. and i guess i didn't consider smearge, mostly cuz he can learn any move, he can be a great supporter. think i'll have to pass on him.

    @ Zenotwapal: blissey? really? i guess its much less usable in-game, since offences make more difference, but its bulk is ridiculous, i would never consider it anywhere near the worst 6. alomaloma too has decent bulk and good for support, plus it has as good if not better atk than most others i have considered.

    @ AphoticVoid: i would probably have to agree w/ you off the top of my head, but they aren't fully evolved

    @ Luxvan: agreed, farfech'd is probably among the worst i didn't list

    @ Stereotypical Nerd: seems like good choices, aside from foongus, since he isn't fully evolved

    @ shadowj0 : again BST isn't everything, but it looks like it may be the only mathematical way of having a definitive answer?

    Also, if anyone has experience/opinion on what version is the hardest, i would love to know. From my experience, Platinum seems to be the hardest, but it's been awhile for some other versions.

    OK, I am going to throw out Pachirisu, Ledian, and Castform UNLESS someone has an argument for them to stay on the list. Also, adding Corsola and Farfetch'd. Any arguments from this point against keeping anything on the list would be greatly appreciated, since I am looking to drop it to 6 eventually, and thanks for the help so far everyone!
    Last edited by wauknay84; 10th January 2013 at 3:56 AM.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you need to know?
    Posts
    198

    Default

    As an argument for Ledian to stay, It has awful stats. It's only good stat is Sp. Def, but it lacks the support moves and HP to be a good wall. It gets good TM moves, but its attack stats are unusable. Its speed is rather low in comparison to most OU and UU Pokemon. In a nutshell, it has awful stats in places where its moves are good and good stats in places where its moves are subpar.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

    I am a proud Catholic.

    Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

    Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter


  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The maze that pays
    Posts
    10,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wauknay84 View Post
    Excitable Boy: BST isn't everything.... look at dugtrio, he is way down there, but he's usable and is currently OU competitively, not that that's saying much for this argument, but if something is OU, it is unlikely to be bad, let alone among the worst. but that seems one of the best (and by that i mean worst) full team. and i guess i didn't consider smearge, mostly cuz he can learn any move, he can be a great supporter. think i'll have to pass on him.
    I never said it was. The Pokemon I named have incredibly low offensive stats in addition to their low defenses.

    Smeargle sucks because base 20 offenses and the fact that you'd have to Sketch moves in order to use them anyway, meaning you're probably not pulling off SmashPass with it.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    I'm here but not all there
    Posts
    263

    Default

    I don't know... I used Won and Corsola against the Sapphire e4. And as you said, Fly/Slash/SwordsDance/SAtk Farfetch'd is pretty good in Blue; there's a reason he's trade-exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Llantrisant
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    If you want a challenge of six fully evolved, but terrible pokemon, and 'any gen is open for consideration', then I suggest you go for the first gen. You have no abilities to fall back on, limited move-pools, the structure of type effectiveness is different and the physical/special split is different. These days, so many pokemon can learn such a wide variety of typed attacks, that; whilst their stats might not be brilliant; they can cover most bases.

    You want a real hard challenge, then take my advice and go back as far as possible. Beedrill, Ditto, Farfetch'd, Onix, Seaking, Magneton/Electrode

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,110

    Default

    Well by base stat totals it's: Shedinja, Smeargle, Ditto, Delibird, Luvdisc, Unown.
    Shedinja does have a fairly high base atk and Wonder Guard though, so go for the 7th lowest instead, Farfetch'd. But then again Farfetch'd has quite a nice levelup with moves like Swords Dance so Spinda might be better(or worse). I guess you can just skip out on using Hypnosis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Luvdisc (I'm sorry my sweetie), Ditto, Unown, Delibird, Chimecho (once again, sorry my baby), and Dustox.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lumiose Gym
    Posts
    305

    Default

    One I'd say is Audino. Audino, Unown, Purrlion, Luvdisc, and I agree with Aurath, Smeargle and Shedninja.
    Last edited by supersmew; 10th January 2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: HOW DID I TYPO THAT?!

    Saaatoshi!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I'd say Unown, it'l probably have it's use somewhere, but I've never ever used it except that it was taking a spot which I could have used otherwise in my pc boxes :P

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    @ Nesquik3D: the main reason i considered booting it was cuz no one else had mentioned it, i more or less agree w/ you, but with that nice sp.def stat makes me question it more than anything, but its also faster than most the others and has about equal offence

    @ Excitable Boy: alright, i guess the chart you linked to made me think thats the point you were trying to get across. and its true smeargle has some of the worst offences, but i'm still not sure on him. i suppose in-game it would be harder to get the moves you want. the more i think about it the more i'm beginning to think smeargle may be a consideration, and a good one at that

    @ Jdrawer: i assume you meant wob as in wobbafet? i could see it, there's no way i'm using him, for reasons i said earlier. and i suppose corsola may not be a good choice now that i think about it, its defenses are better than most the others and is about equal offence so i may take him off. but farfetch'd is mainly good in blue cuz the game was easier back then, the AI was worse, and there weren't as many powerful threats. he may have been usable then but its hard to say in more recent games.

    @ RaZoR LeAf: that's actually a really cool idea, i might do this along side my "worst" run, but do you really think magneton and electrode are among the worst 6 in that gen?

    @ Aurath8: the more i think about it, and as much as i don't want to, i may just have to agree that those are the 6 worst, or at least really close. but ya, no way am i using shedinja, and i think spinda is worse than farfetch'd, like you said

    @ Plus side down side: i don't think chimecho is really as bad as some of the others, same w/ dustox, i think there are a few bug types wose than him, volbeat, illumise, and ledian at least

    @ supersmew: audino has beter hp, defences, and offences than most i listed, so i would disagree there, purloin isn't fully evolved, but if you meant liepard, its offences and speed are way higher than anything i mentioned, and while bad, i don't think it qualifies

    @ dragonskull: neither have i, and that's why i'm doing this! i think it'll be fun using pokemon that people think are worthless, or bad, or what have you, and i think unkown is a must for this.

    OK, so very few people with volbeat and illumise, as well as delcatty so i'm thinking of booting them, and i may have changed my mind about corsola, i'm going to do a little research and come to a decision on the ones i am planning on booting, and you guys have been really helpful, so thanks again

    Edit: i looked at the average of all stats of all the pokemon i was considering, as well as averages in each particular stat, and i've decided that Delcatty, Castform, Pachirisu, Corsola, Illumise, and unfortunately, Volbeat are off my list. I say unfortunately for volbeat because i have an inside joke w/ some people that volbeat is the worst band and pokemon. Yes, i said band, look them up, its the first thing that comes up on google. Tho i don't think they're actually the worst, i just don't like them, lol

    So for reference, here are the pokemon i am still considering:
    Ledian, Delibird, Luvdisc, Spinda, Farfetch'd... Unown and Ditto were almost guaranteed from the get-go and I am still unsure about smeargle, sell me on him or do the opposite, but he's the one i'm most unsure about, leaving a grand total of 8
    Last edited by wauknay84; 11th January 2013 at 2:56 AM.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The maze that pays
    Posts
    10,004

    Default

    Bear in mind that Smeargle only gets one Sketch every 10 levels, each Sketch has one PP, and once Sketch has Sketched there is no un-Sketching.

    Ledian should be removed, if only because its Special Defense lets it meatshield well against certain bosses.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    My home
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Try Watchog, Basculin, Garbodor and Swanna. And depending on how easy the in-game trainers are, imposter ditto is still worth considering.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    T.A.R.D.I.S.
    Posts
    4,258

    Default

    Delcatty and Castform really aren't that bad. Like with most pokemon, you just got to think about what you're doing, and what moves you're letting them learn.

    Volbeat & Illumise have a couple really good moves. Thing with bugs though is they level off earlier than most pokes, which is why they seem to be the weakest team member later in the game. I second shedinja, fainting is it's hobby.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken


    (Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

    Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    Unown, Ditto, Delibird. And Lumineon. I hate that fish.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    'Straya mate!
    Posts
    365

    Default

    How about what I feel is probably the most forgotten pokemon there is? Masquerain.


    All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

    Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    How about what I feel is probably the most forgotten pokemon there is? Masquerain.
    How is it forgotten?

    If it is, then people shuld realize it's the only Bug that can use Water/Ice type moves frequently since it's debut.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    How is it forgotten?

    If it is, then people shuld realize it's the only Bug that can use Water/Ice type moves frequently since it's debut.
    Still, not very impressive when almost every water type can learn water/ice move, and water as a typing is much better than bug...

    Even so, Masquerin's stat doesn't make it for it. Nor is it nostalgic, or unique like Surskit (water/bug type). Tbh I prefer Butterfree.

    Worst 6? Magikarp. Azurill. Pichu. Cleffa. Basically all baby pokemon except Wyanut, Magby and Elekid.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    How about what I feel is probably the most forgotten pokemon there is Masquerain.
    It's not. I like it and have used it in both black and black 2. It is great physical wall and with 252hp/252 def it can survive a Zekrom's Fusion Bolt, and it is the only bug who can use Water and Ice moves(not counting legendaries.)
    Last edited by RealRaymon; 11th January 2013 at 2:17 PM.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Llantrisant
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wauknay84 View Post
    @ RaZoR LeAf: that's actually a really cool idea, i might do this along side my "worst" run, but do you really think magneton and electrode are among the worst 6 in that gen?
    Perhaps not, but I didn't want to overload you with normal types. Fearow is on par with Farfetch'd for being rubbish. Maybe Golbat or Hitmonchan.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Whispering Rock
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Bidoof Ledian. Practically useless unless you're using it to catch other pokemon in-game, seeing as how it has incredibly high Sp. Def. and an average Def. stat.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I'd like to ask if there is a particular version anyone found substantially harder than others, seeing as i want this to be as hard as possible.

    @ Excitable Boy: true, but its possible to reset if you acidently the wrong move. (not that i would do that, not me, no sir) but the concept of sketch, to me, is very daunting, I mean, ANY move, just seems a bit much. This is honestly the hardest decision i've had to make on this so far. And the sp.def on ledian is definitely the biggest reason i was considering taking it off the list in the first place, plus with the 2nd best speed of the 8 i'm still considering and reflect access, it's looking to be one of the best ones. I'm almost 100% sure its getting the boot, just gonna mul it over a bit

    @ pikadon92: the ones you listed have all around better stats than the ones I'm still considering for my run, and while stats aren't everything, none of my considerations have any good abilities aside from status immunities, so i don't think these would make it more challenging. And while i've never actually used ditto at all, i would imagine that imposter ditto in-game isn't too great, like you said, but I think there are worse.

    @ VampirateMace: you're probably right, and i've decided not to use castform, delcatty, volbeat and illumise. I'll edit my 1st post to reflect this. however, as much as shedinja loves to get KO'd, he'll be able to make mincemeat out of a good handful of trainers, and probably some gym leaders too.

    @ Cutty: I've actually used lumineon, and while it wasn't good by any means, i've used worse, plus it has ok abilities and better all-around stats compared to the ones i'm still considering, which are ones you mentioned otherwise

    @ GildedScizor: I'll agree masquerain is probably one of the most forgotten pokemon out there, but, again its stats out-class my remaining pokemon, plus intimidate will be a godsend for this run, so i'll have to pass on it

    OceanicLanturn: agreed on masquerain, not that great, in general, even w/ the water/ice moves. And i'm looking for fully evolved pokemon, so they won't work.

    @ RaZoR LeAf: you think fearow is on par w/ farfetch'd? That's surprising, I've used both, and fearow, from what i could tell, was doing his fair share of the work, and farfetch'd, while not as bad as i thought, was worse than him by a good margin. Could just be my personal experience i suppose. But honestly, I don't think any team on 1st gen games would be actually hard, i just find them to be so easy. It could be the terrible AI or it could be that i've played them countless times, but i would be surprised if there was a way to make them actually difficult to play

    @ Specter Vyle: and just when i was thinking to take it off the list, someone mentions it again. I'm still probably taking it off, as it seems more useful to me than the others, but if there is a good argument for it i would gladly reconsider

    Ledian getting the boot if no one has a good argument for it to stay, as it gets reflect and light screen, and already has huge sp.def, and sp.atk is on par w/ the rest for the most part

    and smeargle info, anyone used it in-game? cuz 1st hand exp on this issue would probably be the best, actually if anyone has used anything in my 1st post in-game that would be helpful

    Again, great info guys, keep it coming!
    Last edited by wauknay84; 12th January 2013 at 3:20 AM.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I disagree with everyone that talked badly about the electric rodents. I have used Plusle, Minun and pikachu on multiple playthroughs, and I was never disappointed. Pikachu does need a light orb or a thunderstone though.

    Black FC: 0433-2525-5010
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0405 6565

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Hmm... well, if I was making this team, the final lineup of fully evolved Pokemon would probably be:

    Ledian, Sunflora (with Chlorophyll. It actually has use with Solar Power.), Unown, Luvdisc, Beedrill, and Wobbuffet.

    The first five are pretty self explanatory, crappy stats with limited movepools and very limited usefulness. I don't really think Farfetch'd or even Delibird are quite as bad as any of those. Farfetch'd does actually learn some pretty nice moves by level-up alone, and Delibird has Ice typing which means that, in spite of its craptacular stats it can fire off STAB Ice Beam which is surprisingly useful. Wobbuffet is there because the thing is an absolute headache to use in-game. It does... NOTHING. In competitive play, you can at least expect your opponent to make sane decisions about what moves they put on their Pokemon and what their strategy will be. In-game, it's anyone's guess. You can only hope to use Mirror Coat when the opponent is using a special attack/Counter for physical, or use Destiny bond at the right time or whatever. It's maddeningly useless in-game.

    Yes, Ditto does deserve a place as one of the worst Pokemon to use, but it's just so...hideous. Personally, I wouldn't like to see that thing in battle after battle. Too depressing.

    I'm a little surprised that Spinda has gained a place on your team though. In terms of stats, it does completely suck, but it does actually gain some pretty sweet moves via level-up, not to mention all the TM moves it has access to. I think Sunflora, for example, beats it out as a worse Pokemon, even though it has a fairly high Sp.Atk, because of its limited movepool, its horrendous speed, and its really sucky defenses coupled with Grass typing.

    I will mention that I have personally used Ledian in-game, though not for long. It's one of those "headache" Pokemon, it just doesn't do much and it gets KOd really quickly. The only points in its favour are that it can a) baton-pass if you're lucky enough to survive a turn of setup and b) learns Comet Punch, which is a move that is crappy, but also rare and kind of cool. It's definitely a crummy Pokemon. Maybe not the worst one out there (That's Unown's title.), but it is pretty bad.
    Last edited by zozo; 12th January 2013 at 4:18 AM.

    My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

    I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    @ AK Adam: when i started this thread i was considering plusle, minun, and pachirisu, but have since booted them. Mainly because their offences (plusle and minun anyway)are far superior to any of the one i have left. And i used minun at one point for a small amount of time, actually forgot about it, but remembering back, he wasn't too bad. As for pikachu, once he evolves, his offences and speed are way better than anything i'm still considering, so no need to worry about any of them being bottom 6 if you ask me

    @ zozo: lt of things to say so i broke it up a bit
    - Sunflora and Beedrill just have too good of stats in places if you ask me. I've used both to some extent, and they didn't fair too poorly. Compared to others i'm still considering, in general, their stats are too good and their movepool is about on par as far as i can tell. Actually, i find sunflora to be a really easy pokemon to use just based off its movepool. 105 sp.atk? not needed so much, train its defences, teach it ingrain, toxic and leech seed, and have backups for any poison or grass types and your good to go!
    - For farfetch'd, the only moves that seem better than average are brave bird and obviously swords dance, which i suppose could be a major factor. granted he gets good moves like night slash and similar things, but almost all pokemon are going to have some good moves in their pool, its not something you can prevent, only ditto and unown are really going to be having an actually "bad" movepool. although, looking at just the average stats offensively and defensively, farfetch'd is one of the better ones i'm still considering.
    - if Delibird's ice beam is the only thing to consider taking it off, i definitely see where your coming from, but that's only one attack. it will be helpful. yes, but is it the most helpful thing possible left on the team? it might be, considering. i'll definitely take this into consideration, but his typing is also ice/flying, which as we all know is far from good. So far typing hasn't really been a concern for me, i find it interesting that it may be delibird's deciding factor
    - I think i've mentioned it before, but i have used wobbofet, at least to a point, and he could easily take out at least 1 pokemon on the opposing team each time. And since the AI of the games are so easily predictable, and since his bulk far surpasses a lot of pokemon, i don't think he would be as bad as the others
    - About ditto, I've only used him in a few battles on silver, when he was a good 10 lvls higher than the opponent, but i feel like when i'm done with this play-thru, i'll have a burning hate for the little blob haha
    - As far as spinda, yes it has some pretty good moves, but again, most pokemon are going to have some moves that are decent, if not really good. but if they lack the stats to pull them off, there isn't a lot they can do with them, and looking at spinda's moves, he won't be able to make very good use out of them. And my own explanation for using spinda has made me decide smearle is indeed in the runnings, if not guaranteed. funny how that works i suppose.
    - And finally ledian: i feel really dumb. i completely forgot it had baton pass. plus it can get swords dance. I think your hurting its cause more than helping! haha. I definitely agree that its bad, but maybe w/ baton pass, screens, and that sweet sp.def stat, it will probably have to go

    But I think it's more or less a mutual agreement that Ditto, Unown, and Luvdisc are for sure in the bottom, so it looks like i'll be using them for sure, and thanks to a recent epiphany, smeargle as well, so looks like i might have most of my team, thanks again, all this idea bouncing has helped more than i thought it would
    Last edited by wauknay84; 12th January 2013 at 5:18 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •