Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst 6 In-game Pokemon?

New Idea. Larvesta. It would eveolve until after the elite four, so you'd have a difficult run throughout the entire game.

Black FC: 0433-2525-5010
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0405 6565

6 worst pokemon? a team full of Dunsparce. Seriously, I tried doing that and lost to a machoke. A Machoke. He wanted all of the D (as in Dunsparce, Perverts).
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Well, I had one heck of a bad time trying to go through Heart Gold with both Parasect and Victreebel. Parasect is the worst of those two, but Victreebel still didn't help with its best abilities being Cut and Acid until I trashed both of them. Victreebel could possibly be good if used right, haven't checked up on that, but I refuse to believe that there's any use in Parasect unless I'm shown it be useful for anything else than a Powder machine, and there are many better ones of that kind than 4x weak against fire Parasect.

Audino-Beedril-Elektrode-Tauros-Zebstrika-Unown

Farfetch'd is fantastic.

Lumineon is terrible. Think about it, IN GAME. It's stats aren't fantastic, but it's definitely not the worst. It's movepool isn't fantastic, again it's definitely not the worst. What makes it truly terrible is how you get it late game as it's pre-evolved form and any sane person wouldn't catch it unless they liked it's design or whatever. (I like it's design by the way. But, we're talking about IN GAME.) Trying to train it to evolve it and then use it then becomes even more of a hassle because the next gym is... Electric! So, there is no real point in using it IN GAME.

This applies to several other Pokemon, depending on the game. Marill in G/S. Glameow in D/P. Ditto in any game. Unown in any game. Delibird in any game.
    Chespin! I Choose You!

I used a Spinda in Emerald, it wasn't amazing obviously, but it proved surprisingly useful with things like Teeter Dance, plus its own ability prevents confusion on itself. It's a good annoyer, I personally wouldn't rank it as one of the six worst. But it's a tough call between the ones you have remaining.

If we're going by fully evolved or non-evolving Pokemon only, I'd say Smeargle, Ditto, Spinda, Far'fetchd, Luvdisc, and Unown.

This also assumes no access to DW abilities to make the first three semi-usable, nor access to other party Pokemon Smeargle can sketch a decent moveset from.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    If we're going by fully evolved or non-evolving Pokemon only, I'd say Smeargle, Ditto, Spinda, Far'fetchd, Luvdisc, and Unown.

This also assumes no access to DW abilities to make the first three semi-usable, nor access to other party Pokemon Smeargle can sketch a decent moveset from.
    I like this list. I have to agree with it, but ever since I left a Far'fetchd in the daycare center back in G/S/C and forgot about it, taking it back after entering Kanto and finding it to be a level 70 monster I hate to pick on it.

GodDamnZilla

@ AK Adam: now THERE's an interesting idea. never thought of using larvesta from the beginning, it would indeed be a huge hassle for him not evolving until way late. Only thing tho, i am keeping any non-fully evolved pokemon off the list, plus he's got surprisingly good atk. thanks for the suggestion tho, that's a good point, but i want fully evolved w/o exceptions.

@ Autis-misc: never thought of doing a 6 of the same pokemon run before... sounds interesting. but honestly, i want 6 different ones. My goal is to eventually use every pokemon evolutionary line, in some way shape or form and this play-thru is helping me w/ some of the ones i wouldn't use normally.

@ Masterofknees: whoah, did you just dis victreebell? used him on my 1st ever play-thru, on silver, definitely NOT one of the worst. granted, not great, but i won't stand for someone knocking my original team! And for parasect, i used him recently on blue (maybe it was yellow), he was actually really good, think i had mega drain, spore, slash, and dig. granted it was blue, so anything is usable, but i had a lot of fun w/ him. I fail to see why people think he's one of the worst, especially w/ spore. 4x weakness =/= bad, i mean look at all those dragons. granted they have good stats and parasect doesn't, but i thnk he's pretty decent and make up ok for his bad stats

@ master of murkrow: audino and electrode i could see as bad, zebstrika i could see as average, but tauros? seriously, what? he's fallen since RBY but c'mon.

@ Jonny2013: lol saying farfetch'd is fantastic w/ no follow-up statement isn't very convincing, haha, but i did like using him on blue. I've used lumineon before, granted i used him from the start, but he was niether good nor bad, really averge and boring to use, but then i don't like him much at all, but ya, catching him and trying to use him where you find him in-game would be a hassle, but the gym you go to after you get him is steel, then ice, and electric is last (assuming DPP)

@ The Benmeister: see that's the thing, i'm not sure where exactly to go with what i've got left, there're arguments for/against some, but none seem that much more convincing than the last. i think most of what i have will be tough to use, but some, like spinda, would do ok w/ a good team to back them up, at least i think so anyway. I've never used any of them before, other than farfetch'd, so i'm not sure which ones wold be better, but that's why i wanna use 'em. I still appreciate the 1st hand exp. tho, i think it'll help

@ Rakurai: right, no way am i using dream world abilities, pretty much 100% certain i'm using platinum. and i'm pretty sure smeargle (i'm not sure what moves could really redeem his offences) ditto, unown, and luvdisc are guaranteed at this point too, just looking to get them last two spots filled. just wondering, why not delibird or ledian do you think?

@ John Wallrein: haha, can't say i've ever had QUITE that experience before, but i think farfetch'd might possibly be one o the better ones i'm still considering, i'm just not sure

Well, i've got m platinum ready to go, got everything hatched and ready to go, just need to tell two of the following to take a hike:

Farfetch'd, Delibird, Spinda, Ledian. I know they have their strong points, but are there really any worse? I have yet to be convinced. Anyway, would love to hear arguments for/against these 4 if you've got any

I had a shiny bellsprout from route (whatever is north of misty's gym) OKay till Surge then, no good moves until level 40-ish! Evolve stuck with horrible moves, don't exceedingly weak. Don't get me wrong, I think victreeble is awesome with good moves but in leafgreen it is torture to train, and I gave up on a bleepin SHINY from not having a attack over 60 Base Power! I totally get it, I hate people who rag on Venasaur, my first ever pokemon... (course I HAD to level him up with the 999 rare candy cheat from AR, neve ruse the thing after losing the ability to go to the battle area in pearl, a year after), I will admit Venasuar hasn't stood the test of time well.

Also, all out offensive ninjask with choice band and swords dance. Or just ninjask attack only.
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

Castform, I mean just read Smogon's article. Just reading it gives me a twisted feeling...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Pretty sure it's still a better Pokemon then Delibird, thanks to having a large moveset and higher stats overall.

Delibird is pretty much useless until you can get TMs or move tutors to teach it moves other then Present, at which point it could be passable thanks to its okay speed and the Hustle ability to make its attack stat barely worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    6 worst pokemon? a team full of Dunsparce. Seriously, I tried doing that and lost to a machoke. A Machoke. He wanted all of the D (as in Dunsparce, Perverts).
    Well, what did you expect? A full team of first-stage Normal-types against a decent second-stage Fighting-type? Unless you loaded those Dunsparce up with proper paraflinch sets, I don't know what other outcome you could have been anticipating.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Castform, I mean just read Smogon's article. Just reading it gives me a twisted feeling...
    Smogon's articles are always on the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    The Unown analysis is filled with even more sarcasm.

Anything that resists its mighty Hidden Power or has equally as mighty Special Defense beats the mighty Unown. Blissey, with her fatness stretching on for eternity, walls Unown for perpetuity, even if its Hidden Power is Fighting kung fu. Grumpig is an equally good candidate.
    I'm not sure what the developers intended Unown to be other than a mythological gimmick.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by wauknay84 View Post
    @ Masterofknees: whoah, did you just dis victreebell? used him on my 1st ever play-thru, on silver, definitely NOT one of the worst. granted, not great, but i won't stand for someone knocking my original team! And for parasect, i used him recently on blue (maybe it was yellow), he was actually really good, think i had mega drain, spore, slash, and dig. granted it was blue, so anything is usable, but i had a lot of fun w/ him. I fail to see why people think he's one of the worst, especially w/ spore. 4x weakness =/= bad, i mean look at all those dragons. granted they have good stats and parasect doesn't, but i thnk he's pretty decent and make up ok for his bad stats
    As I said, I probably didn't use Victreebel right. Parasect being weak could come from the fact that I played Heart Gold, Pokémon don't level much in between gyms as you already hit the Elite Four at lvl 40. It didn't learn anything worthwhile, which might come from just that, and there aren't any good TMs at that point either.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    No, they only do that for Pokemon that suck rather badly and have no redeeming features so people who wouldn't know any better know better.

Like, say, Castform.

also lol @ people not reading or understanding the thread, like, at all
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 18th January 2013 at 3:53 AM.

@ ParaChomp: i definitely considered castform at one point, but him and spinda are about the same, just spinda has 10 less in every stat and imo slighlty worse movepool, more or less can't boltbeam

@ Rakurai: ya, and i sort of just realized that a day ago, but he's not gonna have ANYTHING to do at all other than carpet bomb w/ presents, should be good for some lulz. kinda feel obligated to never delete present on him either, hahaha

@ Unredemption and carboncopy: those moveset articles are the best, i think ditto pre-5th gen goes about the same way.

@ Masterofknees: hahaha, ya, i pretty much agree, they can be tough to use in-game i'm sure, but i'm looking for the next level of suck, like the worst possible. but i like them both personally, especially victreebell like i said. but the TM recieving in-game can be a pain, am i right?

@ Excitable Boy: seriously, it'd be nice if people look at the list i've got, then comparing to those, rather than just spouting random pokemon. Some i can understand, they might have used them in-game and had a rough time of it. but some are seriously inexcusable.

Side note, toughest part of any new play-thru: nicknaming. still can't think of a good one for smeargle, ditto, or ledian (assuming i use it)
    Last edited by wauknay84; 18th January 2013 at 2:04 AM.

Delibird, unown, all the normal types that are clones of Raticate(except Watchog if you use him right. Looking at you Lenora), Beedrill, Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, and Ledian.
    I AM NERDZ! YOU SHALL OBEY ME OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosPMC View Post
    Delibird, unown, all the normal types that are clones of Raticate(except Watchog if you use him right. Looking at you Lenora), Beedrill, Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, and Ledian.
    Raticate is decent. FEAR!!!
    Sentret sucks, ain't gonna wrestle you on that.
    Zigzagoon is a monster in RSE lol. It can learn Surf, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Dig, Headbutt, Slash blah blah blah. It's the best regional rodent lol. Pickup is a sexy ability too.
    Bibarel makes a great HM Slave.
    Watchog... Other than Lenora's one, the rest all sucks (gasp, Top Percentage Lenora!?)

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Raticate is decent. FEAR!!!
    Sentret sucks, ain't gonna wrestle you on that.
    Zigzagoon is a monster in RSE lol. It can learn Surf, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Dig, Headbutt, Slash blah blah blah. It's the best regional rodent lol. Pickup is a sexy ability too.
    Bibarel makes a great HM Slave.
    Watchog... Other than Lenora's one, the rest all sucks (gasp, Top Percentage Lenora!?)
    I agree. Here is my view on the rodents.

Raticate : Fear, nice speed, nice attack, nice shiny, me like *w*
    Furret : Nice shiny..looks like the chesire cat..hmm...yeah that's it really..
    Linoone : EXTREME SPEEED STAB!!! *o* Awesome shiny, seed bomb, great move pool, great speed, but extreme speed? Need I say more?
    Bibarel : Best HM slave ftw~! Semi-good shiny, but i'm not saying it's better than linoone.
    Watchog : Nice shiny, nice illuminate slave for shiny hunters, nice thunder wave/hyponsis to help capture shinies, and great rodent as rodents go. Better than Furret, not shiny wise, but you know what I mean

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~} {~TEF~} {~Mystic Types Cloob~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 88~} {~Most recent shiny : Shiny Seedot(OR Horde)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

My Bank Ball Collection Spreadsheet

... Bibarel is a terrible shiny.

I'd say...
    1 is the best of the 6, 6 is the worst in-game Pokemon from the first 5 regions.

1)Whismur
    2)Wormadam
    3)Mawile
    4)Pachirisu
    5)Sunkern
    6)Chimchar

Chimchar is just an orange monkey. Oh, but he has a flame on his tail. Cool, now he looks fantastic. NO,NO HE DOESN'T! LOL, IDK if Whismur belongs but it's all I could think of. Mawile @ #5? Maybe.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Unown (impossible to win in Generation II/Remakes if you get Hidden Power Psychic)
    Caterpie (impossible to win in Generation III - all). Same with Metapod.
    Weedle (impossible to win in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). Same with Kakuna.
    Magikarp (impossible to win in in Generation I / Remakes)

Those are the ones that are most immediately cited.

I solo'd Gold and Heart Gold with Farfetch'd and won. Heart Gold was much easier.

I would have to say Alomomola. It has very uneven stats.
    Audino does not serve as a good Chansey clone.
    The Burmy line. Mainly Mothim in general.
    Basculin. Not the best stats.
    Wobbuffet. Not so much about battle skills, but more about its limited movepool.
    Sableye. Cool typing. Could use an evolution to back it up.

According to Bulbapedia, the 6 fully evolved pokemon with the lowest Base stats are:
    Shedinja
    Smeargle
    Ditto
    Delibird
    Luvdisc
    Unown
    White Elite Team:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast