Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol (2013) - Season 12

Cool American Idol (2013) - Season 12

Well guys, here it's that time again. A whole new season, new judges (besides Randy), and many more people to discover to find the next American Idol.

Phillip Phillips, Season 11 winner, went off with a flame with his song "Home", going out with a bang. Going triple Platinum. And widely broadcast over the country. How will This season's winner top that?

The Judges:
    Randy Jackson
    Keith Urban
    Mariah Carey
    Nicki Minaj

Host:
    Ryan Seacrest

So if you are watching the show, discuss here! What do y'all think of the show so far? Like the new additions to the judges panel? Like the people who are auditioning? Like the fact Ryan Seacrest is still the host? What's your favorite Pop-tart flavor?

This, is American Idol!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I cried a river when I heard Nicky Minaj is one of the judges. She scared me for life, how will I ever watch the show now orz

Also it won't be showing in my place until a few more days, plus it is one cable tv >v>;;

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    I cried a river when I heard Nicky Minaj is one of the judges. She scared me for life, how will I ever watch the show now orz

Also it won't be showing in my place until a few more days, plus it is one cable tv >v>;;
    i hate her to XD

and i have to admit, you got this thread up fast, it just started a 1/2 hour ago.

and did you guys see the guy who tried the justin beiber song? I was in the other room and asked "did he start singing yet?" cuz his voice had no....music. XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Omg, that kid was like a combination of Justin Bieber (obviously) and Top 9 finalist Heejun Han from Season 11 last year. It was a given he wasn't going to go past the first round.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Had to turn the channel. Nicki and Mariah are too annoying.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I think Nicki is funny actually.
    did u guys see the guy destroy phantom of the opera?
    and the girl who was hard of hearing go through? She was amazing!
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I won't watch American Idol until that thing is gone. I don't like Mariah Carey either, but I could deal with her since she has, you know, experience.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Loving the new season so far to be honest. Then again, I'm a huge Nicki Minaj supporter. I think she is ridiculously hilarious, misunderstood, and talented. But this isn't a thread on Nicki Minaj! I'm liking the contestants a lot. I think Keith Urban is a good judge so far, I want to hear him talk more.

If out of all those who we've seen get golden tickets, I like the self-titled "Turbinator." He was a crazy good singer, was extraordinarily fashionable with his large collection of flashy turbans (including a marigold one to match Nicki's wig ), and I think he could be a really good role model for a lot of modern Muslim Americans... I could definitely see him going far in the competition.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Turbanator. Nuff said.

I wasn't able to catch the 2nd half of the show tonight. But from what I saw in the first hour, the competition isn't half bad, but it's the beginning still.

The guy who had a robotic leg, oh man... what an inspiration. He's got a lot of heart; too bad he didn't make it past this round. But, I can understand why though; it just wasn't exactly ready for him.

The judges need to banter less; I felt as though they were talking constantly, and possibly over the contestants? Keith's not bad either, but he doesn't get the chance to talk too much. When he does, it's pretty decent judging. Randy, man, he's there. To be honest, Nicki isn't as bad as I thought she was going to be, and she is pretty genuine when giving advice and helping the contestants. She does give off a good impression. Mariah is okay, but I don't feel her quite yet.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Wow @ the people who are attacking Nicki for no reason. The season has just started, so it's unfair to judge her based on just the first episodes. So far she's impressed me as a judge. Mariah does have more experience than Nicki, but her attitude will get the best of her. I hope the drama is kept to a minimum as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by AyameTori View Post
    Turbanator. Nuff said.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

awhh man, i missed the 1st set of auditions.

and Nicki minaj is a judge?!
    oh god
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Ugh, Mariah Carey is sooooooooooo annoying!!! Stop being such a diva girl, it makes you look like a brat -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    awhh man, i missed the 1st set of auditions.

and Nicki minaj is a judge?!
    oh god
    This is what I thought at first. O_O I was like "No way in hell will this end well" but I was proven wrong. I agree with Ansem on this, the girl with hearing problems was amazing. :3
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    smh I think you just have bad taste.

and to whoever said 'Mariah is a brat/diva' what were you expecting lmao have you even done your research on the woman?

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post

and to whoever said 'Mariah is a brat/diva' what were you expecting lmao have you even done your research on the woman?
    Ya I know that's why I can't stand her -_-. Doesn't help that she dissed my people so ya, not her biggest fan *shrugs*.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I wasn't able to catch the 2nd half of the show tonight. But from what I saw in the first hour, the competition isn't half bad, but it's the beginning still.

The guy who had a robotic leg, oh man... what an inspiration. He's got a lot of heart; too bad he didn't make it past this round. But, I can understand why though; it just wasn't exactly ready for him.

The judges need to banter less; I felt as though they were talking constantly, and possibly over the contestants? Keith's not bad either, but he doesn't get the chance to talk too much. When he does, it's pretty decent judging. Randy, man, he's there. To be honest, Nicki isn't as bad as I thought she was going to be, and she is pretty genuine when giving advice and helping the contestants. She does give off a good impression. Mariah is okay, but I don't feel her quite yet.
    Yeah, when ive seen nicki in other things I didnt like her, but i think i could get used to her on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by AyameTori View Post
    Turbanator. Nuff said.
    He was good, but i doubt he'll get very far.
    #AlphaSapphire

Personally I like some of Nicki's music and I think she will be pretty interesting on the show. Keith Urban is really here nor there for me and Mariah is Mariah, nuf said.

I've watched every season of AI, but I've been very disappointed with the past few seasons, America is only voting for one type of person to win, look back at just the past three or four "winners". Hopefully this season will bring something different that this country needs so desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    Personally I like some of Nicki's music and I think she will be pretty interesting on the show. Keith Urban is really here nor there for me and Mariah is Mariah, nuf said.

I've watched every season of AI, but I've been very disappointed with the past few seasons, America is only voting for one type of person to win, look back at just the past three or four "winners". Hopefully this season will bring something different that this country needs so desperately.
    i personally have only seen the last 2 seasons, but i can see what you're saying.
    both scotty and phill philips where country singers and during the competition, country singers seemed to go the farthest.
    #AlphaSapphire

Actually, if you look back a "wee" bit father, we've had about 5 of the same kinds of singers win the competition. You're right about that though Coyote.

Season 7 - David Cook (2008)
    Season 8 - Kris Allen (2009)
    Season 9 - Lee DeWyze (2010)
    Season 10 - Scotty McCreery (2011)
    Season 11 - Phillip Phillips (2012)

And they're all symbolized by the AI meme that spreads around, known as the "White Guy With Guitar". Lots of people, I bet, are believing it'll happen a sixth time this year. Here's hoping we get a girl winner though.

Also, if you watched the opening theme, you could see in the part where the showed 3 of the Idol winners, it was Scotty (left), Phillip (center) and Kris (right). Lee DeWyze won the year after Kris, but wasn't put in his place because of how underwhelming he performed. More/less, Kris was a bit more popular. (That's just what I'm observing from AI discussions).

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Actually, if you look back a "wee" bit father, we've had about 5 of the same kinds of singers win the competition. You're right about that though Coyote.

Season 7 - David Cook (2008)
    Season 8 - Kris Allen (2009)
    Season 9 - Lee DeWyze (2010)
    Season 10 - Scotty McCreery (2011)
    Season 11 - Phillip Phillips (2012)

And they're all symbolized by the AI meme that spreads around, known as the "White Guy With Guitar". Lots of people, I bet, are believing it'll happen a sixth time this year. Here's hoping we get a girl winner though.

Also, if you watched the opening theme, you could see in the part where the showed 3 of the Idol winners, it was Scotty (left), Phillip (center) and Kris (right). Lee DeWyze won the year after Kris, but wasn't put in his place because of how underwhelming he performed. More/less, Kris was a bit more popular. (That's just what I'm observing from AI discussions).
    Yeah see what I'm saying, it's enough already, it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't all so boring, David was ok though.

I noticed that too, but it didn't surprise me.

If it happens again this time, I'm done with AI.

Also, notice how the female's have gone on to make the most fame and fortune.
    Last edited by Dreamy; 17th January 2013 at 7:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    Yeah see what I'm saying, it's enough already, it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't all so boring, David was ok though.

I noticed that too, but it didn't surprise me.

If it happens again this time, I'm done with AI.

Also, notice how the female's have gone on to make the most fame and fortune.
    its up to the voters.
    and imo, its not really about winning, its about exposure.
    after all some of the most popular people who were on the show didnt win.
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    its up to the voters.
    and imo, its not really about winning, its about exposure.
    after all some of the most popular people who were on the show didnt win.
    Well that's true too, but you also have to think about the huge amount of young female fans who flood the voting. It's going to be tough.

That's very true, the most talented doesn't always win.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    smh I think you just have bad judgment.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast