Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical Nickname Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    All of the Pokemon you see on my sig have nicknames! My personal favorite is Thumper! The name of my male Lopunny! Can you guess where I got that name from?
    And now Deerling or Sawsbuck named Bambi? How dare you.

As for me? Uh, I used a Magnezone named Science! in game before, and taught it the move flash...just so I could say that "I blinded them with Science!", as a reference to one of my mom's favorite songs.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 150 Points
    I almost lost to a team with Sunkern before. So Sunkern for Ubers.

Quote Originally Posted by ice33333 View Post
    We've all at least had a nicknaming phase, including myself, but at the moment I don't nickname
    you should get back into it, like if your filling the dex everytime you catch a critter give it a name

it also helps to have a theme such as standard human names or a mocking adjective and noun of the pokemon
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

personally if I ever get a shinny Chatot, I wanna nickname it mockingjay (female) or jabberjay (if male) yeah...hunger games references XD also, I nicknamed my eevee swift once cause eevee reminds me of Tay Swift ^^
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

I don't normally, unless it's something that makes sense for them, or a pun (Female Damp Jellicent nn SO MOIST).

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    I don't normally, unless it's something that makes sense for them, or a pun (Female Damp Jellicent nn SO MOIST).
    <3

I like to nickname mine, it adds some personality.

i never NN my pokes, for some reason i just dislike NN my pokes, but i seen some nice names on others ppl's pokemon
    MY 3DS Friend Code: 1848-2888-8103 IGN:Sasuke Safari- Pidgey, Woobat and Rufflet
    My Black 1 FC Just for Trades: 2795-7384-8121
    My Black 2 FC just for Battles: 5286-9239-4973
    MY SHOP- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ing-Shiny-Shop

I NN only me pokemon I use for competetive battling
    the best NN ive given so for is: I Eat Soup (for my alakazam)
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

No I do not nickname them for the only reason that it already have a name.
    I would also take so much time to find the good name, I fortunatly know myself.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    All of the Pokemon you see on my sig have nicknames! My personal favorite is Thumper! The name of my male Lopunny! Can you guess where I got that name from?
    I'm guessing bambi!

Offering:
    Looking for
    My 3ds fc:4441 9598 4755

I like to nickname my Pokémon because I see them as sort of like pets, and you don't really call a dog "dog" or a cat "cat", so why call a Pikachu "Pikachu"? I remember that my first ever Pokémon, Mudkip, was called Muddy!
    I'm still deciding what I should call my Froakie, any suggestions??

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

I do. The ones I am going to use in my party. I don't really like having Pokes that are not nicknamed in my party. Not sure why. I didn't start nicknaming Pokemon until I played Gold...

I love themed nicknames. Although maybe naming all the pokemon on my first (so far disastrous) Nuzlocke after Hunger Games characters was just tempting fate...

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

Quote Originally Posted by RondezView View Post
    I love themed nicknames. Although maybe naming all the pokemon on my first (so far disastrous) Nuzlocke after Hunger Games characters was just tempting fate...
    I sometimes theme name my Pokemon. Depends on my mood or whatever I am currently into.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/uwi6o.gif[/IMG]

Devil May Cry Fan.
    Meowth Fan

It's almost an obligation for me to nickname Pokemon - I give about 90 percent of my Pokemon nicknames. I often come up with witty nicknames - many are humorous (llike Squidward for male Octillery), and a few actually reference celebrities (I have a running gag of naming female Hippowdon Rosie after Rosie O'Donnell. Guess why). I often give Pokemon human names - particularly if they're female. Sometimes the names are meaningful - my Zebstrika in Black was nicknamed Electra. I also use a lot of Italian names for their nicknames because Italian is my favorite source for personal names.

I only nickname in Mystery Dungeon, mainly because I find it implausible that a human would be named 'Riolu' or after another pokemon.
    Smugleaf&Mudkip

I do now. I never used to, and hated the idea but lately it's grown on me and I even look up translations of other words to make it sound cool. I named my Ursaring Hageshi=fierce and plan to name my Zekrom from BW2 Hiraishin=Flying thunder god (The 4th hokage's space time jutsu)

I don't really name my in-game Pokemon (though I'll finally be breaking that tradition in Gen6 by naming the Fennekin I'll start with after myself), but I've named many of my post-game/EV-trained Pokemon. However, I tend to not do so until I have a name in mind that I know I won't end up disliking later on.

Sig by my girlfriend. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 (Mankey, Throh, Tyrogue) | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    Breedable Vivillon Patterns: Polar, Ocean, Savanna
    Claims: Fennekin (Pokémon), Pit - Kid Icarus (Videogame character) | SSB4 Potential Mains: Pit, Mega Man, Palutena, Greninja

I've never really liked nick naming my pokemon. I just like their actual names. I had a friend that would nickname his pokemon and one that I can remember was Superdude the Squirtle. That always made me chuckle.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Most of the time.
    Sometimes i forget, but i always go to the name rater if that happens.
    Its really fun making up names for Pokemon (especially on Nuzlocke)
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I always nickname, usually with a theme however, but sometimes fully random.

For instance: In White 2; I have Isaac the Serperior, Memento the Chandelure, Marcus the Espeon, Ben the Eelektross, John the Quagsire, and Sherlock the Swellow. (All are named after musicians accept Memento and Sherlock.)

Author's Profile | RPGer Profile | Last.fm | Tumblr | Ask.fm
    “I remember when I was younger and I wanted to be beautiful; now I’m older and I want to be intelligent.
    I want to burn hearts with brilliance and engulf souls with compassion. I want to be loved for my thoughts and nothing else.”

I only NN my favourite guys

Hercules the Dragonite
    Medusa the Hydreous
    Wally the Quagsire
    Orbit the Shinx

Unfortunatly I never got to use my best name
    Barbie the Qwilfish turned out to be a boy so had to be spike..... ;-;

I don't, but I thought about it once. I prefer when they stay as the specie name. It's more simple like that and there is no troubles after !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Yesness.. just recently started in fifth gen :3 from there I moved to Firered/Sapphire and XD and have been nicknaming my pokemon X3 Its nice ^_^ Well before I thought it just ruined the Pokemon for some reason <_>

For me, it depends on how I feel. If I want to go all the way with my team, and train them hard I usually give my MVPs(Most Valuble Pokemon) nicknames. I also nickname all of my shinies.

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies
    MM: "Tyrunt" "Noibat"
    Current MM Hunt: Klefki

RE: None
    FS: Bergmite
    Future FS: None planned atm

SR: Fennekin
    Future SR:
    CF:

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882

I only name my pokémon on special occasions. For example, I named the Scyther that lost me the Bug Catching Contest 'loser'.
    Relationships are like farts; if you push too hard, you just end up with s***.
    -Azealia Banks

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast