View Poll Results: What is your 'native' difficulty?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easy

13 24.07%
  • Normal

32 59.26%
  • Hard

6 11.11%
  • Hardest

3 5.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your 'native' difficulty?

I always start in normal, but I some time I change if the game is easy or viticulture in normal
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

normal, if i feel confident enough i will replay a game on hard difficulty.

I mix between easy and normal. If I want to reply a game that i had previously beaten, I will play it on hard.

Contrary to my post before I think when I get Dead Space 3 I'll play it on a difficulty above Normal. I've got the hang of Dead Space for sure so for my first run through the game I think it will be more fun to have less ammo.

For me, my "native" difficulty, is always Normal. Because it seems if I do easy, it's too easy XD If I do hard or the hardest difficulty, it's too hard! However in some cases, I may play a game that has a Hard mode that's somehow easier than Easy. x)

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I play just about every game I own on hard...if it has a hard difficulty. If it does not have a hard difficulty, I make it HARD.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

I always play normal so its not to easy but not to hard i just wanna have fun play the game with some difficulty and see the story

if its a game I'm really good at then I will go for a harder difficulty. (like pokemon. I like to make that crap as hard as I possibly can. XDD)

otherwise, I just stick to normal.

I'm TRYING critical mode on Kingdom hearts 3D. I'm not getting no where with that ****. Its irritating how quickly I die. I can't take ANYTHING. @.@

I'm stuck on the 3-4th bosses right now.

Its definatly possible, but I just don't think I'll ever get through it.

****, how the hell do I expect to be Xemnas who I had trouble with on NORMAL? ;___________;
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I usually go on normal as I like to see it as the intended difficulty. Only very few games I play actually have difficulty modes anyway: only Ratchet and Clank, Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus Uprising and Minecraft come to mind. I normally play Ratchet and Clank on Easy and then hard on subsequent playthroughs. I'll probably won't ever replay through Hero Mode in Skyward Sword except for the nostalgia as the main game had near-perfect difficulty for me in terms of puzzles(combat is easy). KI:U technically has 91 different diffculty levels but I average 4.5 out of 9, so normal I guess. I play Peaceful on Minecraft because exploring caverns is hell with every hostile mob in the game only several steps away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I've taken to always doing the hardest difficulty possible right at the start of the game, even if I have no clue what I'm doing.

...This has come back to bite me rather severely in the cases of both Kid Icarus: Uprising and Batman: Arkham City.

Good thing I'm so stubborn, or I may not have wasted numerous attempts fighting Mr. Stupid Hammer.

Mostly normal. I rarely play on hard and higher. Only when a game is just too easy. I don't want to frustrate myself too much.

I usually play the game on easy a few times to get the feel for it, then. Go progressively higher in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

I always choose Normal if it's my first playthrough of a game, and usually increase the difficulty if I play it a second time.

Normal, even though it can still be quite easy it is always the difficulty I choose the first time I play through any game

First time round I ALWAYS go for the easiest difficulty.

I see absolutely no reason to make things harder for myself. I'm not one of those guys who thinks games have to be challenging to be engaging. I can enjoy them a lot more if I can breeze through them no problem.

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Honestly, it depends on the game. On the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games and Metro 2033 I like to play on the hardest difficulty, but I tend to stick with medium to easy on others.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

I'm a coward, so I start in easy until I get a feel for the controls of the game.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

I enjoy a challenge, so I usual play on Hard, or Hardcore, oh whatever is the hardest difficulty in the game.

I usually play with the default difficulty of most games. When I get used to the game I turn the difficulty up.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Generally I start on Normal. If I enjoy the game, beat it on normal, and I think I can handle harder difficulties, I tend to go for it. Sometimes midway I feel it's a bit too easy and ramp up the difficulty. There's a few games I've beaten on the hardest difficulty, including Duke Nukem 3D, Call of Duty MW2, and STALKER: Call of Pripyat.

It depends, usually normal if it's the first time but games that I've played a number of times, I'll have to crack up the difficulty to spice things up a bit.

I always do easy unless I get the hang of it then I do normal

Easy is always how I start.
    I like playing through all of the difficulties as best as I can and starting on easy helps me gain the skills in the game I need to do that.

Easy. In fact, Easy might be too hard. I still haven't beat Super Mario Land 2, not even on Easy Mode.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12