Thread: The Harvest Moon/Rune Factory Thread

Default The Harvest Moon/Rune Factory Thread

What the title suggests, talk about the Harvest Moon or Rune Factory games in this thread. Need an item? Post it in this thread and someone might be willing to trade over wi-fi. Have a problem? We could probably answer it for you or redirect you to a helpful online guide. Just want to brag? Feel free to do so. Want to just talk about the games or have an opinion on one? That's fine too, as long as it is on topic.

I'll start it off, what's your favorite Harvest Moon game to date. I have to go with Friends of Mineral Town. It introduced me to this series and I still play it to this date. While I have to resort to *cough* other mediums to play it since I lost my original cartridge, I still have fun doing so. Rune Factory 3 is a close second, mainly because of this: "RAINBOW!"

Also, is it weird for guys to play Harvest Moon games? Cause I was called a bunch of nasty words on another forum for saying I play the games.

EDIT: LOVIN the activity here.
    Last edited by Recon; 22nd December 2012 at 12:05 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Wow, I'm getting the first post here

I just recently got A New Beginning, since everyone was talking about it positively. I've played a few games in the past, but this one is my favorite so far. Then again, I haven't even finished Spring 1 yet, so maybe that could change by the time I'm done Year 1. It's a little slow paced, right now, I imagine it'll get better as I advance forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Also, is it weird for guys to play Harvest Moon games? Cause I was called a bunch of nasty words on another forum for saying I play the games.
    Not weird at all. The graphics make the game feel more like a feminine type of game, but I'm sure if those people tried playing it for a bit, they would understand why you like the games so much. It's just like some people call girls weird because they're into video games (I've had a few raised eyebrows myself)
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

I've been playing A New Beginning, but the fact that the start is almost unbearably slow has made it hard for me. I just got the ability to use the studio, though, so that might help things.
    Nintendo Network ID: MetalVictini

Quote Originally Posted by MetalVictini View Post
    I've been playing A New Beginning, but the fact that the start is almost unbearably slow has made it hard for me. I just got the ability to use the studio, though, so that might help things.
    It does help, and when you get to Spring 27, you also get to access the multi-player mode.

It drives me crazy that what I need right now (the supply shed and chicken coop) need small lumber and small material stone, which are not available through Rebecca, so that's a little bit harder. At least when I have the supply shed, I'll have a place to store that stuff.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Trust me, hoard as much as you can, especially honeycomb if you want to make beehives by the time you can build them. Honey's used for a future town restoration plan. Also, make sure to get a lot of rocks, you're gonna be wanting a lot of those.

Anyways, I've already beaten the game, now trying to get everything to 5* quality, and hoarding a lot of stuff, unlocking everything possible, etc.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?: