Thread: does this Black Tower team need a fun name?

Default does this Black Tower team need a fun name?

Hey, so i want to make a team for black tower, alder, the e4 2nd time and all that stuff. So here it is:
    Black Tower Team:

[no mini sprite] Hydreigon@Life Orb
    Levitate
    Modest
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Earth Power
    -Fire Blast
    -Dark Pulse

I love Hydriegon! I think its great that a pseudo is specially based rather than physical for once. So I decided to use this special stat. Dragon Pulse is great STAB with Earth Power and Fire Blast to get complete coverage. Life Orb to gain even more power but he can’t recover the damage.

Starmie@Leftovers(formerly Wise Glasses)
    Natural Cure
    Timid
    -Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover/Psychic

Starmie is fast and has a good special attack stat. Surf is a powerful STAB (plus I don’t want a HM slave) with BoltBeam for coverage. Recover to keep it alive or Psychic for another powerful STAB move. Wise Glasses were because all my moves are special but has been changed been changed upon advice.

Gengar@Black Sludge
    Levitate
    Modest
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast
    -Energy Ball

Gengar can do some great damage with STAB Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb. Focus Blast teams up with Shadow Ball for great coverage (plus it always seems to hit for me!!). Energy ball is just coverage. Black Sludge helps with poor bulk.

[no mini sprite] Darmanitan@Life Orb (formerly Leftovers)
    Sheer Force
    Adamant
    -Flare Blitz
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Brick Break

The utter beast that is Darmanitan! Flare Blitz is an immensely powerful STAB and gets added power from the ability. Earthquake and Rock Slide give great coverage, plus Rock Slide gets a power boost from the ability. Brick Break is coverage. Leftovers heals recoil from Flare Blitz but has been changed to Life Orb per advice.

Metagross@Expert Belt (formerly Muscle Band)
    Clear Body
    Adamant
    -Meteor Mash
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Earthquake (changed from Hammer Arm)
    -Ice Punch

Another pseudo, but this time I will use him physically. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are for powerful STAB. The other two moves are coverage. Muscle Band boosts all moves but has been changed because of the advice on a comment below.

Mamoswine@Focus Sash
    Snow Cloak
    Jolly
    -Earthquake
    -Icicle Crash
    -Body Slam
    -Rock Slide

An Ice-type to conquer all the fierce Dragon-types. Earthquake and Icicle Crash are both STAB. Rock Slide gives EdgeQuake but Rock Slide for more PP. Body Slam is a filler for neutral damage on most things and helps with poor speed with the paralysis. Focus Sash keeps it alive to deal out damage if an unpredicted Focus Blast or something hits it.

So there is my team. I'm open to changing the natures, moves and even pokemon if i need to. Though my biggest issue is items. So please, help me out

Edits to the team are in bold
    Last edited by infernape100; 18th January 2013 at 6:31 PM.
    Everything seems normal, with Joe and Adam venturing on their quest through Kanto, but what is the mysterious Team Storm planning?

Pokemon: Kanto Legends

Come on the Mighty Infernape!

IMO, EQ over Hammer Arm on Metagross. Pretty much the same coverage, but with more accuracy, and does not lower Speed.

As for Mamo, if you just want the damage, Return is much better than Body Slam. However, if you like the chance to paralyze, then you can keep Body Slam.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    IMO, EQ over Hammer Arm on Metagross. Pretty much the same coverage, but with more accuracy, and does not lower Speed.

As for Mamo, if you just want the damage, Return is much better than Body Slam. However, if you like the chance to paralyze, then you can keep Body Slam.
    Thanks for the reply! I will use Eartquake over Hammer arm thanks for that. As for Return/Body Slam i was going to use the latter because of Mamoswine's low speed but i will consider Return.
    By the way, are my items good because that is my biggest worry
    Everything seems normal, with Joe and Adam venturing on their quest through Kanto, but what is the mysterious Team Storm planning?

Quote Originally Posted by infernape100 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I will use Eartquake over Hammer arm thanks for that. As for Return/Body Slam i was going to use the latter because of Mamoswine's low speed but i will consider Return.
    By the way, are my items good because that is my biggest worry
    I would suggest Expert Belt over Muscle Band on Metagross because it has great coverage and gives more power. Life Orb on Darmanitan, Leftovers on Starmie and if you have them, Choice Specs/Scarf on Hydreigon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    I would suggest Expert Belt over Muscle Band on Metagross because it has great coverage and gives more power. Life Orb on Darmanitan, Leftovers on Starmie and if you have them, Choice Specs/Scarf on Hydreigon?
    Expert Belt, life orb and leftovers will be changed as you said, thanks. However, i won't be using a choice item, its just a personal thing - i hate choice items