Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: A Unova League Evolution (769)

So Virgil did win after all, well at less you were second Dino you'll get your revenge soon enough.

I saw the pictures and I like the look of it, I really don't care that Ash didn't advance since last time, I prefer a little hiccup along the way, more realistic then always going forward. Just from seeing the pictures I felt intense with Pikachu and Lucario's battle, wasn't sure if it would end in a tie or what, and when I thought it was over they just got back up.

Did Klinklang appear hear(Bublapedia has it down that it appeared but I didn't see anything like it, albeit the shaded Pokemon aren't all that easy to make out, assuming it's from there).

I liked the ending, it looked nice to me, visually and just Ash remembering the people he meet along the way.
    Click and feed/warm my Pokemon/eggs, something amazing happens:

Somewhere,in some dark place,maybe a cave,maybe not...Paul is slicing his wrists and jabbing a knife through his heart...

Gary drinks and *****s himself to death...

"How could you,Ash?How could you?"They ask in bewilderment.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 10th January 2013 at 1:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Seriously, nobody else saw that the pokeball Ash was holding was 3D rendered? No comments on this?

Worst league ever, that's for sure..
    I did, just didn't comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Too bad the only time we saw Leafeon was in it's introduction, I was hoping it would be the one to beat Lucario and give Snivy a pat on the back :P
    Leafeon was in the final battle, it just wasn't shown battling.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I haven't watched this episode but i will watch it on Pokemon Smash..
    Um, what?

Also, Dino had what looks to be a Heatmor, Seismitoad, Gigalith and a Chandelure.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Anyone figured out the sixth silhouette for Cameron yet? Quite interested to learn what Ash could've faced, had his opponent not been a complete idiot..

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

There you are, I see you in the back there!

The writers seriously need to map out the X and Y saga ahead of time before they begin writing it. This saga was irredeemably terrible and seems like they wrote it without any planning. It's like they were trying to find a mid-section between what people say makes the Kanto and Sinnoh sagas great to please everyone, but in the end it caused them to be unfocused and fail at excelling at both. It's understandable as they're probably the two series with the biggest following, but fans of the Kanto saga tend to not care for the Sinnoh saga and vice versa. Very sloppy saga. And it looks like we've got another starter that got treatment as bad as Totodile. Hopefully Snivy can actually win something in the N arc. But if I know the writers, if Ash has seven major battles in the N arc Pikachu will take three of them, Charizard will take two, Pignite will take one and a random new pokemon that Ash obtains late will take one other.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

And that is proof that you too can win a regional Championship with a team of Eeveelutions.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Anyone figured out the sixth silhouette for Cameron yet? Quite interested to learn what Ash could've faced, had his opponent not been a complete idiot..
    According to some users, it was a Watchog. But nothing is confirmed yet.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    The writers seriously need to map out the X and Y saga ahead of time before they begin writing it. This saga was irredeemably terrible and seems like they wrote it without any planning. It's like they were trying to find a mid-section between what people say makes the Kanto and Sinnoh sagas great to please everyone, but in the end it caused them to be unfocused and fail at excelling at both. It's understandable as they're probably the two series with the biggest following, but fans of the Kanto saga tend to not care for the Sinnoh saga and vice versa. Very sloppy saga. And it looks like we've got another starter that got treatment as bad as Totodile. Hopefully Snivy can actually win something in the N arc. But if I know the writers, if Ash has seven major battles in the N arc Pikachu will take three of them, Charizard will take two, Pignite will take one and a random new pokemon that Ash obtains late will take one other.

As a writer who plans ahead in advance, I thinbk this was all planned. Just because it's not how you expoected, doesn't make it sloppy.
    Pokemon fan (Anime, Games, and Manga) Since 97

Fairy Tail Re Deluxe Complete Retelling that follows the series with Lisanna alive and a main with Team Natsu. Spoilers to Anime/Manga. Friendship!NaLu/Li, Gray/Juvia, Erza/Jellal

Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green: Back to Kanto A Post Unova Saga Story. Many ships plus Ash/Hilda. Spoilers to Best Wishes 1 and 2 and Black and White

Pokemon Best Wishes Remix: Black and White A complete rewrite of the Best Wishes series. Ash/Misty/Hilda and Gary/Leaf. Spoilers to all of Black and White 1 and 2 and Best Wishes.

I am a proud Othelloshipper (Ash K./Satoshi/Hilda/Touko)

It disturbs that an Eevee won the final battle of the league.

This league was a nightmare. I just cannot understand what happened.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...Link111234.gif

Well, it ended. I feel really bad for Ash.

At least I can stop having nightmares now.

Kupo'ing to Victory! ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - The Wonderful 101

Is it just me, or is this episode's ending a direct callback to the ending of the original Kanto league?

Quote Originally Posted by SaveOurPokemon View Post
    Is it just me, or is this episode's ending a direct callback to the ending of the original Kanto league?
    It was. The same ending shot with Ash running toward Iris/Cilan was exactly the same as the one at the end of Kanto with Misty/Brock. The only difference is Oak and Delia weren't there.

Best Wishes really attempted to be a Kanto reboot and I don't know why the writers bothered. Making Ash weaker than he was in Hoenn and Sinnoh is disturbing.

Bah, for me there was only one thing that truly disappointed me about the Unova League, that's Katherine not interacting with the group.

Everything else was fine to me. And the best part is Lucario didn't get 'dragged through the dirt' by Eevee like certain people were hoping.

I have to say, liked the unpredictability this League provided. Only Virgil winning the entire thing was predictable. Surprises are cool, IMO.

I knew that Virgil's going to win this league, but I can't believe that Ash finished at the Top 8 again, causing him to move one league back. Aw man, this turns out to be the my first worst pokemon that I ever witnessed as it done less better than the Sinnoh League. I hope there's another conference in the N Episode season where Ash can redeem himself as he will move forward to reach the Top 4 or runner-up at the very least, or better. Then he'll win the sixth generation league.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

So...I guess the Johto League Silver Conference is still the best league.
    Last edited by Sayho1234; 10th January 2013 at 4:25 PM.

It was a nice ending for Unova arc, I loved the recaps and flashback, I'm a fan of those, altough I'm disappointed Ash finished Top 8! :cries:

Oh well, I think Ash reflected about all what happened in the end, I found those scenes at the stadium to be very meaningful, hopefully he learnt a lesson and next gen (or in Chapter N) he will regain his confidence as a battler and train better his pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It was. The same ending shot with Ash running toward Iris/Cilan was exactly the same as the one at the end of Kanto with Misty/Brock. The only difference is Oak and Delia weren't there.

Best Wishes really attempted to be a Kanto reboot and I don't know why the writers bothered. Making Ash weaker than he was in Hoenn and Sinnoh is disturbing.
    I think he's at the same level as Hoenn right now, you may remember he finished top 8 with only his Hoenn mons just like in the Unova League...

I loved the ending shot, I felt very nostalgic.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 10th January 2013 at 4:30 PM.

Well..that was a dissapointment

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I think he's at the same level as Hoenn right now, you may remember he finished top 8 with only his Hoenn mons just like in the Unova League...
    No, he's not. He lost to Cameron when Cameron only brought five Pokémon. Cameron later went on to get blown out by Virgil. He is far worse than he was in Hoenn. I'd say he was worse than he was in Johto. If you look at it, none of the competitors seemed to be all that strong. Granted, we only really have the eyeball test to go by, but if Gary had been in this league, what do you think would have happened? We all saw the Unova League participants in the Don Battle tournaments and they were nothing to write home about. Catharine made it to the Top 10 or Top 8, and she did not appear to be all that strong at all. I think that any of the named competitors from previous leagues (Harrison, Katie, Conway, Paul, etc.) could have beaten the Unova League with only moderate difficulty at best. It just seemed like an inferior league, or at least had an inferior crop of participants this go around. The trainers generally either only had one strong Pokémon and put their entire teams on the back of that one Pokémon (Trip, Stephan), or were idiotic to the extreme (Bianca, Cameron). Ash was somewhere in between, not too smart, and not really having a really good go to Pokémon save for Krookodile (which showed his stupidity in not using Krookodile against Cameron) I see Virgil as competent, but I think he would more often that not lose trainers like Paul, Harrison, Katie, AG/Sinnoh Ash, or especially Tyson or Tobias.
    Last edited by Mew2; 10th January 2013 at 4:46 PM.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    No, he's not. He lost to Cameron when Cameron only brought five Pokémon. Cameron later went on to get blown out by Virgil. He is far worse than he was in Hoenn. I'd say he was worse than he was in Johto. If you look at it, none of the competitors seemed to be all that strong. Granted, we only really have the eyeball test to go by, but if Gary had been in this league, what do you think would have happened? We all saw the Unova League participants in the Don Battle tournaments and they were nothing to write home about. Catharine made it to the Top 10 or Top 8, and she did not appear to be all that strong at all. I think that any of the named competitors from previous leagues (Harrison, Katie, Conway, Paul, etc.) could have beaten the Unova League with only moderate difficulty at best. It just seemed like an inferior league, or at least had an inferior crop of participants this go around. The trainers generally either only had one strong Pokémon and put their entire teams on the back of that one Pokémon (Trip, Stephan), or were idiotic to the extreme (Bianca, Cameron). Ash was somewhere in between, not too smart, and not really having a really good go to Pokémon save for Krookodile (which showed his stupidity in not using Krookodile against Cameron) I see Virgil as competent, but I think he would more often that not lose trainers like Paul, Harrison, Katie, AG/Sinnoh Ash, or especially Tyson or Tobias.
    We have nothing to back up if Unova League participants were strong or not.

Clearly Virgil and Kotetsu were threats, it was proven an Eeveelution team is capable and wow, Kotetsu may be an idiot BUT his team was beastly.

I'd put him at the same level of Gary (who got top 16 in his last league try so far) or Katie. Ash regressed but that was because his team was not so developed.

He used reserves back in DP and that's how he got to top 4, he used reserves back in Johto and that's why he got top 8 for the first time.

As seem in the ending shots and flashbacks I think Ash learnt a lesson, hopefully next gen his team will be smaller so it gets more development.

To say he returned to Kanto level is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I'm still trying to figure out their logic in doing this, I mean...its just...I don't even know what to say at this point. Are they trying to make Ash look like a terrible trainer on purpose?!

I find it odd that despite this being the UNOVA league, someone who doesn't even use a single Unova Pokemon wins the thing and it didn't even look like he cared afterwards that he won it. Why does a rescuer need a League trophy anyway?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I pretty much explained everything in the Anime Spoilers on why i hated the Unova League, but for the record this episode was good for what it was and I loved the ending scene, I feel nostalgic like a lot of other people here.

One thing I will say though is that looking at Ash from back in the OS/AG/DP and now in BW it makes me depressed to see how god awful the writers have treated him.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I pretty much explained everything in the Anime Spoilers on why i hated the Unova League, but for the record this episode was good for what it was and I loved the ending scene, I feel nostalgic like a lot of other people here.

One thing I will say though is that looking at Ash from back in the OS/AG/DP and now in BW it makes me depressed to see how god awful the writers have treated him.
    Seems he can't win anything at this point :/
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Seems he can't win anything at this point :/
    It's not Ash losing that depresses me, it's the fact that he resembles nothing of his former self aside from his plot devices. And i'm not talking about his art design either (although it does make things worse) since his AG and DP changed but still resembled him. I'm talking about how he doesn't act anything like how did in OS, AG or DP anymore. I really can't explain how but I'm sure people know what I mean and it's enfuriating to think the writers would change him so much throughout his lifespan.

Bah, for me there was only one thing that truly disappointed me about the Unova League, that's Katherine not interacting with the group.
    ... goodness you're right.

Katherine finished in the Top 16 or 8? Either way it's rather impressive for a female CoTD.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast