Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A Unova League Evolution (769)

"BOO-HOO! BEST WISHES SUCKS! ASH WAS SCREWED OVER! WHY DID THE ANIME CHANGE FROM THE GLORY OF SINNOH! IT NEEDS TO RETURN TO THAT WAY IN GEN 6!"

Honestly, do you people EVER say anything new? Anything, y'know, constructive?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    "BOO-HOO! BEST WISHES SUCKS! ASH WAS SCREWED OVER! WHY DID THE ANIME CHANGE FROM THE GLORY OF SINNOH! IT NEEDS TO RETURN TO THAT WAY IN GEN 6!"

No, because this series has been a series of poorly executed ideas, bad development, and lazy writing.

There's nothing really constructive to say when Best Wishes has been really bad. It's a darn shame too, it was pretty good for like the first three badges.

What's so bad about saying the truth? :P Seriously though, I think there were many good episodes and many bad episodes. The league ruined it for me though

What order did Cameron use his Pokemon against Virgil and who did he use besides Lucario?

Apart from Kanto (where he should have reached Top 8 then and there if not for Zard), Ash has always lost to elite, senior trainers at the league. Cameron not only defeated him with one less Pokemon, but then Cameron gets owned 3-6 by Virgil. Think how bad that makes Ash look! I honestly never understood the need to nerf Ash in BW - at the rate he was going (Top 4 without reserves, Top 2 with reserves, Champion without reserves, Champions League/Elite 4?), the show would have been fine for another 4 generations with him as the protagonist. I remember how pumped I was for BW after the Sinnoh League, and now I feel the exact opposite. There was absolutely no need to have an Axew getting lost episode, and then take a break before airing this episode; we easily could have had two episodes to have shown a full battle between Ash and Virgil. Bad, lazy writing - I hope people overseas are just as pissed as we are.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Apart from Kanto (where he should have reached Top 8 then and there if not for Zard), Ash has always lost to elite, senior trainers at the league. Cameron not only defeated him with one less Pokemon, but then Cameron gets owned 3-6 by Virgil. Think how bad that makes Ash look! I honestly never understood the need to nerf Ash in BW - at the rate he was going (Top 4 without reserves, Top 2 with reserves, Champion without reserves, Champions League/Elite 4?), the show would have been fine for another 4 generations with him as the protagonist. I remember how pumped I was for BW after the Sinnoh League, and now I feel the exact opposite. There was absolutely no need to have an Axew getting lost episode, and then take a break before airing this episode; we easily could have had two episodes to have shown a full battle between Ash and Virgil. Bad, lazy writing - I hope people overseas are just as pissed as we are.
    His sixth was a Watchog. I doubt it would have really done anything.

With no legendaries being used this time, Ash could've won this league if he used his old pokemon.

I thought the League was the truly only awful thing about BW. The other complaints I honestly disagree with. If 2 things damaged BW for me, it was the handling of some of the rivals and the League. Those are really my only main complaints. Otherwise, I am enjoying BW and can't wait until Episode N.

I'm find with originality... but not when it's taken to the brink like Best Wishes. Ash vs Trip, while original, was a bad move. Where I was happy when Ash beat Gary and Paul, I didn't feel a thing when Ash beat Trip, there was no suspension because it was obvious that Ash would win the prelim round.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I really hope the N saga will be better then this, but I'm not getting my hopes up.....
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

I wanted Ash to win...... so that he would have been pwnd by Virgil.

We did not disrespect the anime or anything like that, we merely served some truth tea. There's nothing wrong with that.

Actually, I found something new to "complain" about; Ash's attitude after losing to Cameron. Like, this is the fifth Pokemon League he's lost at, yet he seemed to be totally okay with it. That bothered me. I actually wanted Ash to be a sore loser for once because he's a kid and that would be natural. But no, he didn't seem to mind that his dream was put on hold once again. Please writers, can't you make Ash seem like a 10-year-old kid where it counts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    We did not disrespect the anime or anything like that, we merely served some truth tea. There's nothing wrong with that.

Actually, I found something new to "complain" about; Ash's attitude after losing to Cameron. Like, this is the fifth Pokemon League he's lost at, yet he seemed to be totally okay with it. That bothered me. I actually wanted Ash to be a sore loser for once because he's a kid and that would be natural. But no, he didn't seem to mind that his dream was put on hold once again. Please writers, can't you make Ash seem like a 10-year-old kid where it counts?
    He hasn't been upset about losing a League since Kanto. His reaction to losing the Unova League was nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Dang it. I kinda wanted Cameron to win the entire league.
    Why?! I'm just surprised he made it to top 4...
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Wow, Dino had a decent collection of Pokémon there..

Darmanitan, Mandibuzz, Cofagrigus, Leavanny, Galvantula, Druddigon, Heatmor, Seismitoad, Chandelure, Gigalith and.. whatever the 11th one was. That's along with his Deerling and Tranquill, giving him 13 Pokémon, of which 10 are confirmed to be fully evolved.

Learn from this guy Ash Ketchum. You may have laughed when you destroyed his Darumaka, but who's looking better now?
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Wow, Dino had a decent collection of Pokémon there..

Darmanitan, Mandibuzz, Cofagrigus, Leavanny, Galvantula, Druddigon, Heatmor, Seismitoad, Chandelure, Gigalith and.. whatever the 11th one was. That's along with his Deerling and Tranquill, giving him 13 Pokémon, of which 10 are confirmed to be fully evolved.

Learn from this guy Ash Ketchum. You may have laughed when you destroyed his Darumaka, but who's looking better now?
    Virgil is looking better because he single handedly won the league with his Eeveeloutions.

Eeveelutions are cool and all, but for someone as random as our Lance-alike to pull out a huge team of beasts when he'd only previously appeared with a few mediocre Pokémon, that's something I like more. He deserved his place in the league for training up that much after the Don tourney. Plus he got a Dragon type. The Lance-alike got a Dragon type.. Just epic.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    He hasn't been upset about losing a League since Kanto. His reaction to losing the Unova League was nothing new.
    That's what I'm saying. It's like the League doesn't even matter to him any more. He just isn't passionate about his goal, which makes me wonder why the writers even bother with the Leagues in the first place. The Unova League pretty much confirmed that even they've grown tired of this redundant pattern.

That's what I'm saying. It's like the League doesn't even matter to him any more. He just isn't passionate about his goal, which makes me wonder why the writers even bother with the Leagues in the first place. The Unova League pretty much confirmed that even they've grown tired of this redundant pattern.
    I agree with you on all accounts. Ash should really be more devastated than he was after he lost the battle especially since he went backwards and lost a battle even though he had the numbers advantage. And Cameron should have been disqualified to me. If that happened me, I would be angry and ask why they allowed Cameron to continue.

I feel like an ounce of depression came upon Ash, especially that moment when Lucario's attack overpowered Electroball. I agree 100% though that Ash should have showed more emotion, because I would have most definitely reacted that way, especially losing to someone like Kotetsu who only used 5 pokemon, and was lucky to have won because of Riolu evolving. Snivy pretty much was about to slay Riolu until it evolved... It just should have set up a comparable reaction to when May lost the Grand coordinator Cup, minus the crying?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    With no legendaries being used this time, Ash could've won this league if he used his old pokemon.
    Exactly what I thought as well. I am sure Infernape, or any fire pokemon could have taken out Lucario, even though Unfezant, being a flying pokemon should have had some ease as well.

Also, random point. I would have preferred to see Watchog get one shotted by Snivy or Unfezant, just so that one of them could have gotten a win. Oh well....

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I feel like an ounce of depression came upon Ash, especially that moment when Lucario's attack overpowered Electroball. I agree 100% though that Ash should have showed more emotion, because I would have most definitely reacted that way, especially losing to someone like Kotetsu who only used 5 pokemon, and was lucky to have won because of Riolu evolving. Snivy pretty much was about to slay Riolu until it evolved... It just should have set up a comparable reaction to when May lost the Grand coordinator Cup, minus the crying?

He also showed emotion when Latios defeated Swellow but I mean yeah by now, Ash should be more upset after losing Leagues. It was the 5th League he lost, he lost with a numbers advantage, they let his opponent continue battling when he didn't bring a 6th Pokémon and he regressed in this League. All of those things should have made Ash way more upset than he was.

yeah i don't care if it's not the same thing since apparently an un-evolved pokemon can match a fully evolved pokemon in the anime, but no that's just bad writing. An un-evolved pokemon shouldn't even come close to matching a fully evolved pokemon especially in the league. This is the league for gods sake, not a don battle type match. There should be a level of difference here in the anime. God this is just one of many quirks i have with ash and this pathetic excuse of a league.

The World God Only knows

NOOO my poor snivy ...this episode just kinda made me hate my favorite fighting type a little...Lucario is good but in the hands of that idiot, it's like glorifying trash...I wanted lucario to just faint the whole battle...as for good points, let's see...the fact that they promoted flareon to finish lucario was cool considering how flareon's the worst eeveelution...trump card looked really cool...the recap montage was nice...Yeah I didn't like this episode...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I agree with you on all accounts. Ash should really be more devastated than he was after he lost the battle especially since he went backwards and lost a battle even though he had the numbers advantage. And Cameron should have been disqualified to me. If that happened me, I would be angry and ask why they allowed Cameron to continue.
    The thing is it isn't like Cameron cheated.

So he had one less Pokémon, so what?

If he can take all of Ash's 6 Pokémon with just his 5, clearly he deserves to go further than Ash.

I mean I hated the battle, it horrible, and just seem like it was the writers shoving Ash under the bus, just because they were to lazy to come up with something better, but still, why be disqualified when you have one less Pokémon?

Should Tobias have been disqualified because he only used 2 Pokémon against Ash, or because he only used 1 Pokémon against everyone else?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I can't believe some people. Everyone was expecting Ash to cry after his what, fifth league loss? I'm sure Ash is probably dying inside right now but he probably doesn't have the time to sob. And if he were to, than people would be complaining about him crying like May and Dawn used to. I don't want to see people bash on characters for having emotion but I don't want to see them being emotional recks each time either.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast