Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: A Unova League Evolution (769)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    B/S LOGIC STRIKES AGAIN.

Snivy has proven to be extremely powerful, but if you don't like the sound of this, her battle ratio proves she has more wins than losses.

Bayleef? LOL she completely dominated Ash's gym battle against Chuck defeating both Poliwrath and Machoke. She also took down Harrison's Houndoom, you know, the Pokemon that has an advantage over her typing? She also took down Bugsy's Spinarak.

Do you watch the anime?
    And that's why Bayleef is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    I think it is funny how everyone is like.. he should have attracted his way to win... but you know what..even if that had happened? people would still complain how he won with it..
    Better to have people complain that he won with it than it is to have people complain that he lost without it.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And that's why Bayleef is a beast.
    Why did you post that she's an example as to why Ash is bad with female Pokemon then?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Why did you post that she's an example as to why Ash is bad with female Pokemon then?
    'Cuz Johto was kind of forgettable to me and I forgot all about Bayleef. :P

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    I think it is funny how everyone is like.. he should have attracted his way to win... but you know what..even if that had happened? people would still complain how he won with it..
    I doubt it. I mean it seems like every other Attract user gets an easy win, so why not have Ash's Snivy pull off a flawless victory with that move for a change?

Ash had to lose anyway though. I just wish he had lost to Virgil, a trainer who had a decent team and won all his battles fairly.

When people say Cameron doesn't have a decent team, are they referring to him not bringing his full team with him? I would much rather use Cameron's team than I would Virgil's.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    When people say Cameron doesn't have a decent team, are they referring to him not bringing his full team with him? I would much rather use Cameron's team than I would Virgil's.
    That's a personal preference. By decent theme is the fact that he has multiples of different types now.

2 Steel: Lucario, Ferrothorn
    2 Water: Samurott, Swanna
    Not just that but he sends Ferrothorn against a Fire/Fighting type and Swanna against an Electric-type. He needs a better variety. It just seems like his team was hastily put together. Virgil's team is more balanced with types and he actually thinks about type match-up.

In his battle against Cameron, Cameron's team was basically all gone and Virgil had one he never used and had Espeon and Flareon still standing. So it's obvious his team was much better put together.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    That's a personal preference. By decent theme is the fact that he has multiples of different types now.

Not just that but he sends Ferrothorn against a Fire/Fighting type and Swanna against an Electric-type. He needs a better variety. It just seems like his team was hastily put together. Virgil's team is more balanced with types and he actually thinks about type match-up.

In his battle against Cameron, Cameron's team was basically all gone and Virgil had one he never used and had Espeon and Flareon still standing. So it's obvious his team was much better put together.
    This, and:

Cameron: Who cares about type matchups?!

Next ten seconds, his last Pokémon is toasted by a Fire Blast that reaches into the skies.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Snivy did inflict damage to Riolu before it evolved, so I felt they were on equal terms.
    Not really. The anime shows when a pokemon evolves it seems to regain health. The only damage Lucario received before Pikachu was against Snivy's critical hit leaf Blade and her vine whips?

ugh Ash should have at least had leaf storm counter Aura Sphere.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I just noticed that Circle Throw completely disregards its effect: it's a Roar with actual damage input.

Yet another anime inconsistency.

I just noticed that Circle Throw completely disregards its effect: it's a Roar with actual damage input.

Same with Dragon Tail.

Same with Dragon Tail.
    Er, actually, Dragon Tail was used against opponents that already had one Pokémon left, unless I missed an instance about it.

Er, actually, Dragon Tail was used against opponents that already had one Pokémon left, unless I missed an instance about it.
    True.

Gail's Druddigon vs Georgia's Bisharp [1 vs 1 match]
    Trip's Serperior vs Cilan's Crustle/Ash's Pignite/Alder's Bouffalant/Ash's Pikachu [all 1 vs 1 matches]
    Drayden's Druddigon vs Iris' Dragonite [1 vs 1 match]
    Ash's Charizard vs Iris' Dragonite [1 vs 1 match]

1. That effect has never been brought up.

2. Even if it had been brought up in the anime, using anime and realistic logic it makes no sense for a move to return a Pokemon to it's Poke ball, if it does damage. I can understand roar because it's about making the Pokemon flee, Whirlwind makes even less sense but whatever, to think a move that can inflict damage somehow causing the Pokemon to return to the Poke ball if anything should be at the discretion of the user of the move as it's the one using the move.

Remember the games suck when it comes to advanced logic of moves because of technical limitations. The anime has no such limitation.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

The irony that the winner of the Unova League is a person that has no interest in becoming Champion or a Pokemon Master and is only participating because he was casually training his team against gym leaders so they can do basic rescue missions... is not lost on me.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I'm still disappointed in this episode. At least the makers of the series would look back at how many Pokemon Leagues that Ash has lost, and at least let him win for once. I was just able to watch this last night, and after Ash lost, I wanted to see Virgil win and what do ya know, he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    The irony that the winner of the Unova League is a person that has no interest in becoming Champion or a Pokemon Master and is only participating because he was casually training his team against gym leaders so they can do basic rescue missions... is not lost on me.
    Or the fact that he had no Unova Pokemon to speak of
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    This only confirms that Unvoa lacks of good trainers.

Yeah, Ash losing to Cameron when Cameron didn't even have a full team sucks, but it still isn't as bad a league loss as when Ash lost to Richie because Charizard wouldn't obey him. I still find "Friend or Foe" hard to watch. I did like the montage at the end of this episode.

6/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

i did not like how he got a surprise evolution and had an over powered hydreigon as well. ash should have won, but they made him lose to a trainer who didn't even have a full team. i am quite disappointed in this episode.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I am okay with Cameron winning here since Ash deserved to be beat after he gave Cameron everything he needed to win the battle and did such a poor job in the region in all.

Also Virgil beating Cameron so easily and Dino almost winning showed that they were more skilled then Ash as well. The only people that Ash truly showed he had more skill then was Stephan and Bianca.

Ash had never been that humiliated before. And this episode is basically the creed of Unova: humiliating Ash.

Not saying your wrong but as a competitive battler loading your team up with Waters and Steels is pretty commonplace.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

This episode picked up where "Cameron's Secret Weapon!" left off. After Cameron's Riolu evolved into Lucario, Ash ordered Snivy to use Leaf Blade on it and Snivy tried to do so. But Lucario sent Snivy flying with a Force Plam attack. Snivy tries to use Vine Whip on Lucario, but it grabs Snivy's Vine Whip, then it spins her and throw her off in the ground! Snivy still manages to get back on her feet, but then Cameron's Lucario uses the OP move.......Aura Sphere and knocks out Snivy(darn!). Then Ash sends his last Pokémon Pikachu to battle Lucario. Then Pikachu and Lucario starts hitting each other with Iron Tail, Force Plam, Electro Ball, Aura Sphere and after a while both Pokémon were down. Ash and Cameron encouraged their Pokémon to get up and they did! Lucario uses Aura Sphere and Pikachu uses Electro ball. both attacks collide, but Aura Sphere overpowers Electro Ball it hits Pikachu hard.....and knocks him out, making Cameron the winner.
    Cameron and Virgil battled in the next round. After Cameron was down to his last Pokémon Lucario, Virgil's Flareon totally owned Cameron's Lucario and won the match. Bianca said he'll cheer for Virgil all the way......because he defeated Cameron who defeated Ash? I guess she's just happy that Virgil defeated the same person that defeated her in the Unova league. As expected, Virgil defeated Dino in the finals and won the unova League.
    Later Ash, Iris, Cilan, Steaphan and Cameron congratulated Virgil for winning the Unova league and then he left in helicopter. Just then Bianca comes running with a bunch of Castelia Cones in her hands, and she accidently Knocks Ash into a water fountain! She tells that she was hoping to give Virgil all the Castelia Cones(What? Why'd you want to do that?), but since he left, she'll give the it to the others.
    Later we saw Ash standing in the middle of the empty battlefield, remebering his adventures in Unova.......which was a throwback to Ash rembering his battles in "Friends to The End!" Iris and Cilan called him and he went running towards them as one of the worst episodes of the Pokémon series ended.
    So, Cameron wins the match and the battle frontier winner Ash loses? Oh seriously? He really had to lose to scatterbrained trainer? I was hoping for Ash to beat Cameron and fight Virgil in the semi finals, but NO.....He lost! Sigh, instead of making it to the Top 4 again, he made it to the Top 8. He actually regressed in the Unova league. Instead of making Ash progress, this time the writers humiliated Ash by make him lose to a trainer who dosen't even know that a full battle requires Six Pokémon. This episode sucked more than the last episode, not only did Ash's league ranking dropped, he lost to a inexperienced trainer. Compared to the Sinnoh League, the Unova League was BS.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 30th September 2013 at 4:12 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This episode, my gosh this episode was horrible!

This really just feels to me the ONLY reason Ash lost is because Cameron's Riolu evolved into Lucario. That's it. Ash actually could have won this but no, they have to gave Lucario some more glory. Then Virgil proceeds to beat Cameron easily in the next round and goes on to be the champion. Seriously?!

This episode basically justifies why Virgil was a pointless character. I feel he should have been the one to defeat Ash because at least he actually knows what he's doing. Cameron was and is an unlikeable idiot who should have never existed in the first place. Part of me wishes a different rival should have showcased Samurott *sigh*

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast