Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: A Unova League Evolution (769)

Wait... So Ash didn't do the dexing?

Oh, so it's TOTALLY justified that he dexes all Eeveelutions and Stephan's Sawk three times, but not a repeated Pokémon that evolved right in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Wait... So Ash didn't do the dexing?

Oh, so it's TOTALLY justified that he dexes all Eeveelutions and Stephan's Sawk three times, but not a repeated Pokémon that evolved right in front of him.
    Don't you think it makes more sense for the trainer to dex his own Pokemon after evolution, in case said Pokemon learns a new move, especially during a battle.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Don't you think it makes more sense for the trainer to dex his own Pokemon after evolution, in case said Pokemon learns a new move, especially during a battle.
    Actually, it'd have made more sense for both of them to do it at the same time just because the writers are trying to make these two like separated brothers at birth.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 14th April 2013 at 4:36 AM.

I loved this episode. I was disappointed Cameron lost to Virgil though. It was nice seeing a Lucario again

it mite not have been as great as the sinnoh league but i enjoyed the battles and effort of every trainer!, i like stephan bianca cameron and virgil, i really hope we do see them again sometime in the future, also Georgia and burgundy, liked the ending and flashback, really nice , but did dissapoint me that ash lost and that he had no interaction with katherine!! , oh and poor dino lost to virgil

i posted something in the other thread (one that comes before this) as a response Dman to what I was getting at.

I know people are entitled to thier opinions, but still if they didn't have high hopes for the team since it didn't live up to thier expectations, then why go stir crazy over the league when those who complained knew they weren't going to do well?

Fine episode. Cameron was still silly, though, with only five Pokémon and not six. I would have liked to see more footage of the battle Virgil had, but nope, that wasn't the case. The league overall wasn't that great, nor were its battles. The only good one was Ash vs. Stephan.

The ending and throwback to the first league was a nice touch, however.

So this episode is pretty good actually, other than Ash losing of course! Its starts off with another short recap...

Following on from the previous episode, Riolu has evolved into Lucario and took out Snivy! Up finally, is Pikachu again! I'm surprised its actually a pretty good battle, Pikachu went in there attacking but its too bad Cameron defeated Ash!! :/

Anyway, in the second half of the episode Virgil and Team Eevee are the stars! With Virgil defeating Cameron with 3 Pokemon left, next defeating Dino and by doing so Virgil wins the league!! So all of Ash's rivals say good bye, with Ash and Pikachu center stage in the middle of the league looking back at their adventures in Unova so far.. :O

Oh, finally with Ash running back to Iris and Cilan! So yeah, this episode is pretty good! I'm looking forward to the next episode, I wonder what's to come now?!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    And the thing that leaves me seething even more than any of those things are Ash's reactions to his losses (or lack thereof). He's all like "oh well I lost, no big deal." And I'm like hello, you just lost a tournament that you've been preparing for for who knows how many months. A little more emotion and some disappointment from Ash would be nice because that would make him seem like a real kid/person and would make him more relatable.
    Ahmen, this is my biggest problem with the Leagues now.

It was kind of understandable in AG and DP since in AG that marked a huge change in his maturity (although that's disappeared as of BW lolz) and in DP Ash made it the furthest he'd ever made it and managed to take down two incredibly strong Pokemon.

Ash needed to be depressed this time because he regressed in the League and the main reason being because he lost to a mentally deficient child.

I still was hoping Russet would have won.. he was a rather unique character and I liked that his family and such were out there to support him lol

But I first watched it when i first woke up but now that I have been up reflecting back..it was not too bad... I do wish Ash would have shown abit more disapointment though.

and XXD17, no I had not noticed .. nice catch!! I had to go back to look and see it.... Pretty awesome seeing Victini on top of the league trophy.
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 14th April 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

As disappointed as I was that Ash lost, I'm glad the battle didn't live up to my low expectations and it was a battle to remember in the end. I would discuss it at length but I think its a bit pointless but all I will say that I enjoyed it immensely. The conclusion of the league was the right one with Virgil winning with team eevee.

The end of the episode was great too. I liked how everyone gathered and said their goodbyes and then we finish with a summary montage of Ash's adventure in Unova so far which was awesome (I used that word too much).

Next time a new adventure. Very excited so onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I can't help but feel Unova would of been viewed in a much better way if Trip was replaced by Touko giving Ash his first main female rival which would be nice and have had Hugh instead of Camereon saying "I want to win this league to prove my power so I can do something for my sister." We could of had a few fillers from the end of the league and then enter the Plasma arc where Hugh and N team up with Ash and friends. If Camereon was like the Barry of this gen I think people would of liked that over him being the trainer who beats Ash

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I can't help but feel Unova would of been viewed in a much better way if Trip was replaced by Touko giving Ash his first main female rival which would be nice and have had Hugh instead of Camereon saying "I want to win this league to prove my power so I can do something for my sister." We could of had a few fillers from the end of the league and then enter the Plasma arc where Hugh and N team up with Ash and friends. If Camereon was like the Barry of this gen I think people would of liked that over him being the trainer who beats Ash
    Probably. But if their character arcs were better, that'd help.

So my reaction to the outcome of the Unova League for Ash is;- I really could not care. I knew Ash wasn't going to win the whole thing (like usual).

Quite frankly when it comes to Pokémon battles the only time I'd be rooting for somebody to win is if one of the opponents is a jerk or villain while the other is a nice person, with that I'll always want the latter to win. But with every other battle I never care who wins or loses, all I care about is how good the fights are. The kinds of battles are like simple ones (just like Ash v Cameron in here) battles with strategy and battles which get you excited, while one sided battles and one-shot wins are the kind I don't like as there's usually never that much to see. Such as Trip versus Burgundy; Burgundy's Darmanitan going down by just one Solarbeam from Trip's Serperior thus not getting to fight back? I would not even call that a Pokémon battle, that's just a Pokémon being shot down by another. In fact I hardly enjoyed the Junior Cup because only Trip and Iris got focus on their fights.

From that you see there are things in the Pokémon anime which bother me, but as I never look too much into the series I'm able to easily let it go.

You know what's funny (or bothersome, if you prefer) about this whole Cameron thinks full battles are 5-on-5? The writers didn't have to do this and that stems from three things: Riolu's battle against Unfezant, Riolu evolving and Pikachu having lost stamina from his battles against Samurott and Swanna. Against Unfezant Riou didn't break a sweat, Unfezant couldn't land a hit on him, however it's with Snivy that Riolu started to struggle, that was until he evolved and now powered up Lucario got some stamina back as well as new strength. From that Cameron would have stuck with Lucario after he defeated Snivy because he was now stronger and then Lucario battled Pikachu who had already taken damage from his previous two battles. Long story short;- the writers could have had Cameron defeat Ash with five Pokémon without that scatterbrained error going by how it all went down.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 14th April 2013 at 3:19 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    I still was hoping Russet would have won.. he was a rather unique character and I liked that his family and such were out there to support him lol

But I first watched it when i first woke up but now that I have been up reflecting back..it was not too bad... I do wish Ash would have shown abit more disapointment though.

and XXD17, no I had not noticed .. nice catch!! I had to go back to look and see it.... Pretty awesome seeing Victini on top of the league trophy.
    Too bad the writers wanted to get through this league as fast as they could, so no character development for COTDs.

Virgil winning was kind of meh to me, considering he was an ace in the hole. He looked unstoppable.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I wouldn't have been bothered with ash losing to cameron if he actually had BETTER POKEMON, I mean, seriously, why hasn't his snivy, Pignite amd Oshawott fully evolved yet while his pidove and sandile have? It makes no sense, as if the writers purposely underpowered ash.

Ash could've Attract his way to victory until he faced off against Virgil's Eevee.

This is why Scraggy needs to learn Attract.

The reason the league sucked so bad for me were these reasons:

-Only three battles, four if you count the ending of round two which lasted 10 seconds.
    -Ash's win against Trip felt so unbelievable due to Serperior completely obliterating Pikachu in the entire battle, only to get defeated by one combo move at the end.
    -Ash regressed in placement.
    -Ash lost to an opponent who not only used just 5 Pokemon, but came off as extremely stupid, it really makes you wonder what Ash is doing wrong.
    -This last reason is more of a personal rant rather than a reason, but regardless i'm gonna say it anyway. I don't see why the writers chose for Ash to lose against Cameron. Virgil was built up to be the League winner sure, but it just seemed he was developed as the character who was going to defeat Ash, especially since he seemed like a strong opponent, opposed to Cameron.

nice episode really fun to watch

and i thought everyone will mad if ash got beaten by eevee
    the writer on BW is really make everything on BW unexpected ( i'm glad about that actually even in deep of my hearth is hurt cause ash regression , but i cant blame ash cause he still 10 with 10 yr brain , oh well )

cant wait episode N on dub,
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    nice episode really fun to watch

and i thought everyone will mad if ash got beaten by eevee
    the writer on BW is really make everything on BW unexpected ( i'm glad about that actually even in deep of my hearth is hurt cause ash regression , but i cant blame ash cause he still 10 with 10 yr brain , oh well )

cant wait episode N on dub,
    If Eevee had evolved into Sylveon through some way, then the defeat would've been a little more justified. But no, Virgil was a literal Eevee advertisement.

Screw you, Virgil! We don't care if your Eevee found confidence in herself! Go get drunk in that party you didn't invite the others to.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Ahmen, this is my biggest problem with the Leagues now.

It was kind of understandable in AG and DP since in AG that marked a huge change in his maturity (although that's disappeared as of BW lolz) and in DP Ash made it the furthest he'd ever made it and managed to take down two incredibly strong Pokemon.

Ash needed to be depressed this time because he regressed in the League and the main reason being because he lost to a mentally deficient child.
    When I was 10, I was devastated to lose anything and even now, I'm not happy when I lose, I don't through fits but...Ash was pretty unrealistic here, more of a robot then people who claim he was in DP

Not to mention Ash did get upset during the semi-final match in DP, he knew Pikachu couldn't take down 5 Pokemon by itself (Okay DP criticizers, was that not emotion to you?)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

This was a very good episode. I was blown away by the intensity of Ash and Cameron's battle.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    When I was 10, I was devastated to lose anything and even now, I'm not happy when I lose, I don't through fits but...Ash was pretty unrealistic here, more of a robot then people who claim he was in DP

Not to mention Ash did get upset during the semi-final match in DP, he knew Pikachu couldn't take down 5 Pokemon by itself (Okay DP criticizers, was that not emotion to you?)
    Me and Ciccone are talking about how he acted when he actually lost at the Indigo and Silver Leagues where he put his head down, not during the actual battle like he did in DP and BW.

Oh man, I thought Virgil and Team Eevee were just plain awesome! It looks like Ash now looks up to Virgil, for defeating Cameron and then winning all of the Unova League's; Vertress Conference!! :P

Also, I guess Eevee is a pretty strong Pokemon too! Maybe, more than both Pikachu and Lucario?!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post

I think Ash was too shocked that he actually lost an idiot like Cameron to display any emotions.

I mean it's not like the battle was really done well, nor was it even a real full battle, I think it would be interesting to see how it would've been different if Ash actually was a little bit smarter in his choices.

Sending out Pignite against Hydreigon from the get-go, then switch to Oshawott, while giving Pignite some rest, have Oshawott lose, then Ash sends out Pignite, and wins and then Cameron sends out Samurott, Pignite is recalled, then Ash sends out Snivy and wins, only to lose to Swanna, then Pikachu could take it out (recall Pikachu), then have Ferrothorn battling Boldore, they end up tying. Have Pignite lose easily to Riolu, then have Unfezant do a lot of damage to Riolu, results in evolution then have Lucario take out Unfezant after a decent battle, then have Pikachu mop the floor with Lucario.

Ash wins because Cameron only had 5 Pokemon, and Ash could lose to Virgil (having Leavanny beat Umbreon just to lose to Flareon).
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 15th April 2013 at 8:14 AM. Reason: Hopefully fixed my post
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast