Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A Unova League Evolution (769)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I can't believe some people. Everyone was expecting Ash to cry after his what, fifth league loss? I'm sure Ash is probably dying inside right now but he probably doesn't have the time to sob. And if he were to, than people would be complaining about him crying like May and Dawn used to. I don't want to see people bash on characters for having emotion but I don't want to see them being emotional recks each time either.
    Ash needs character development. He needs to show some emotion. I wish Ash went through an arc where he talks about his fears that he will never win a League or become or Pokémon Master and then he ends up winning a League that same saga. That would be great development for him.

This battle felt like they really threw Ash under the bus.
    Him losing the league at the Top 8 is the last bad thing in this league.
    The league was rushed for the N saga and the battles with the exception of Ash vs Stephan was rushed or uninteresting.
    Trip's exit had this little emotion.
    Honestly I wish there was more battles in this league for the other Pokemon to shine.

Sigh, Even if Ash used his old Pokemon The result would be the same. I'm sure of it.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Ash needs character development. He needs to show some emotion. I wish Ash went through an arc where he talks about his fears that he will never win a League or become or Pokémon Master and then he ends up winning a League that same saga. That would be great development for him.
    That would be rushed and sloppy writing. Having emotion each time Ash were to lose like he did in the Kanto region would make him a reck. It's probably the only way that he can keep going without falling apart.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That would be rushed and sloppy writing. Having emotion each time Ash were to lose like he did in the Kanto region would make him a reck. It's probably the only way that he can keep going without falling apart.
    He should have showed emotion for this League. I am not saying he should cry every time he loses. But he actually regressed in this League. That should have affected him more. You can disagree but I am sticking to what I said. Ash needs more development.

He should have showed emotion for this League. I am not saying he should cry every time he loses. But he actually regressed in this League. That should have affected him more. You can disagree but I am sticking to what I said. Ash needs more development.
    remember ash's brain reset this region

he doesn't remember anything from his journeys from kanto-sinnoh
    8)

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    The thing is it isn't like Cameron cheated.
    You fail to realize that this was a full battle, which means that both trainers must have six Pokemon. Cameron didn't have six Pokemon, therefore he broke the most important rule of said battle and should have been disqualified. The only reason why it didn't happen is because the writers were already dead-set on having him beat Ash, so they overlooked the rule that they themselves made, which is just poor writing. The inconsistencies in this League are what made it so terrible to begin with. Regardless, I don't know why anyone would try and justify a clear violation of the League rules. What's next, are we going to pat thieves like Team Rocket on the back if they ever successfully steal a Pokemon?

Anyway, I wish the writers could have at least skipped the flashback at the end of the episode and used that time to show a little bit more of Virgil's battles, or at least longer farewell sequences. They should have shortened Lucario vs. Pikachu as well given that it still would have ended the same way no matter how short or how long it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    remember ash's brain reset this region

he doesn't remember anything from his journeys from kanto-sinnoh
    8)
    Is that why he remembered Dawn and Brock?

Is that why he remembered Dawn and Brock?
    because they were implanted in his memory for stalking him for so long
    8)

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    because they were implanted in his brain for stalking him for so long
    8)
    Or in Dawn's case, for being so hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    You fail to realize that this was a full battle, which means that both trainers must have six Pokemon. Cameron didn't have six Pokemon.
    It doesn't matter.

If a trainer manages to defeat a trainer with less Pokémon, then they should be able to move on, that's just how it is. No rule forces each trainer to show every one of their Pokémon during a battle to ensure one does have a full team.

Had Lucario actually lost, THEN Ash should've won because Cameron didn't have any more Pokémon despite Ash only beating 5 of his Pokémon.

And Cameron actually believed it was a 5 on 5. It's not like he purposely only brought 5 Pokémon in a full battle. He genuinely believed it was a 5 on 5. I disagree with only bringing 5 Pokémon period, but if the characters want to be idiotic and bring less Pokémon even if it is a less Pokémon battle, then that's their own fault.

Besides the league should've stopped it from happening. We've seen Ash say in the Johto league, that the reason he couldn't use Pikachu is because he registered his other Pokémon, and couldn't.

Wouldn't someone like Nurse Joy, find it puzzling that Cameron only registered 5 Pokémon.

It's no one's fault, except the league officials, because they should've done checks to make sure everyone had the right amount of Pokémon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm just gonna put this league past me... it's nothing special and therefore will be the least memorable for many reason :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm just gonna put this league past me... it's nothing special and therefore will be the least memorable for many reason :P
    It'd be my most for how bad it went >+>

I watched Ash vs Cameron today. And lemme say this, but the battle was trubbish. They reused so many animations that it wasn't even funny.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    It'd be my most for how bad it went >+>

I watched Ash vs Cameron today. And lemme say this, but the battle was trubbish. They reused so many animations that it wasn't even funny.
    That's because the battle seemed like it should have been in Sinnoh, not here for some reason. I don't get it but maybe the writers do.

My ideal battle ever!

Glad I managed to avoid spoilers, made this episode more enjoyable.

For what they had going in, it was an alright finish. I really liked the animation on Pikachu's quick attack, but I thought the battle suffered because a larger anthropomorphic pokemon against a small rodent-like pokemon is a little awkward. Virgil winning is pretty predictable, although considering how decisively he beat Cameron it does make Ash look pretty weak for not being able to beat him even with a one-pokemon advantage.

I think overall this league was really hurt by lack of development among the rivals. Virgil and Cameron were both late comers with fairly generic nice-guy personalities and it made the final battles with them lack that emotional edge.

Considering the league didn't have any really great battles nor did it develop Ash's character in any way, I think it has to be considered the most forgettable among the leagues.

I will say I like the animation on the league and the way we were kept up to date on who was left among the non-rivals.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

What move did Flareon use to beat Lucario?

Was it Lava Plume?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    What move did Flareon use to beat Lucario?

Was it Lava Plume?
    It was Fire Blast.

Random : PokéRadar

Snivy's Leaf Blade was awesome, it's sad that she stood no chance against Lucario. I kinda wanted Pikachu to win he really dominated Lucario but he still lost. It reminded me of how Serperior was pwning Pikachu throughout the entire battle only for him to lose after a quick collision. Virgil beat Cameron 3-0, Flareon really decimated Lucario. Isn't Eevee vs Druddigon the first time the final battle of a league is shown onscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Snivy's Leaf Blade was awesome, it's sad that she stood no chance against Lucario. I kinda wanted Pikachu to win he really dominated Lucario but he still lost. It reminded me of how Serperior was pwning Pikachu throughout the entire battle only for him to lose after a quick collision. Virgil beat Cameron 3-0, Flareon really decimated Lucario. Isn't Eevee vs Druddigon the first time the final battle of a league is shown onscreen?
    They showed the ending of Tobias vs the runner up of the Sinnoh League but it was only a 5 second clip really.

They showed the ending of Tobias vs the runner up of the Sinnoh League but it was only a 5 second clip really.
    No I meant actual parts of the battle, not just the opponent's Pokemon being shown getting knocked out or just the decisive blow in the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    No I meant actual parts of the battle, not just the opponent's Pokemon being shown getting knocked out or just the decisive blow in the battle.
    Then no, I don't think so.

It's interesting that Virgil beat Cameron by such a large margin and considering Cameron did really well against Ash, I have a feeling Ash wouldn't have done so hot against Virgil if he used the same 6 Pokémon he did against Cameron. Maybe Krookodile, Leavanny and Palpitoad could have done well though. Something tells me that Virgil and Dino were in a class of their own though.

I just have one thing to say.
    What in the world happened to Tsutarja's attract move? I'm pretty sure Lucario is male.
    Writers are ridiculously dumb.

I'm surprised this never got noted, but was anybody even partially annoyed that despite the drawn out battle between Pikachu and Lucario, once it was over they were both fine with absolutely no scratch marks/injuries after?

Looking at Pikachu's defeat to Excadrill in the Club Battle or against Tyson's Meowth in Hoenn, it annoys me tbh.

There were so many things wrong with this League.
    No recalling of Pokemon, except for Pikachu and when Riolu came out Satoshi practically just started commanding Kenhallow to use every move until it fainted.
    Then with Tsutarja he forgot to use Attract. Whatever. I'll just put it to a close. I finally saw the episode yesterday and I was surprised that some things didn't happen.
    Oh well, we can only move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaku View Post
    There were so many things wrong with this League.
    No recalling of Pokemon, except for Pikachu and when Riolu came out Satoshi practically just started commanding Kenhallow to use every move until it fainted.
    Then with Tsutarja he forgot to use Attract. Whatever. I'll just put it to a close. I finally saw the episode yesterday and I was surprised that some things didn't happen.
    Oh well, we can only move on.
    Snivy using attract on Lucario... Why didn't this happen

oh come on...

the spanish subs are already out, but not the english? ;______; OTL. I guess I can just guess what they say.

Okay, the Finish for the snivy VS lucario battle was fine. That was good.

As for when pikachu was out...

Meh the battle was actually done pretty well. All they needed to do was speed it up more. They tried way to hard to make it epic and slow when that battle was...well it would of worked so much better faster paced.
    I kept wanting to skip to the end (cause the end of the battle was pretty epic, I thought they did the last part well.) everytime I watched it. Its like...I can't get lost in the action like I was able to in paul's.

The insane quick attack at the beginning of the battle drew me into into it INSTANTLY, yet they kill it by slowing down the pace by having Ash and Konestu talking and forcing them to struggle to get up. I have no problem with them struggling...but there was just no pace for me to get drawn into. If they're going to have them talk, make it like brock talking over the ash VS paul battle, talking over the fast paced battle while they fight, and then having the finish happen.

At least the final clash was cool. I loved the music that played, and while i think a physical clash would of been much cooler, the aurasphere over powering electro ball was perfect and ash's reaction was perfect, not to mention the music fit well.

once again, point and case, they tried way to hard to make it "epic". I would of prefered a stephan like battle. Konestu's the type of guy for that, not epic. So if you want to enjoy the battle, watch up until about force palm, then skip to the end :P

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast