Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: A Unova League Evolution (769)

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Snivy's Leaf Blade was awesome, it's sad that she stood no chance against Lucario. I kinda wanted Pikachu to win he really dominated Lucario but he still lost. It reminded me of how Serperior was pwning Pikachu throughout the entire battle only for him to lose after a quick collision. Virgil beat Cameron 3-0, Flareon really decimated Lucario. Isn't Eevee vs Druddigon the first time the final battle of a league is shown onscreen?
    Snivy's leaf blade looked so awesome. Pikachu was cool, I am just upset that Ash lost, and this will probably be my most bitter battle episode watched this whole saga. I hope Ash wins some final tournament if they have one at all before Unova is finished.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

This match and the whole league is POINTLESS. Pikachu deserved to win that 3 times or more volt tackle raped him while lucario should have been defeated by Snivy. Pokemon Logic again .
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 19th January 2013 at 10:39 PM.

All I have to say about this is I'm really happy Lucario kept the personality it had as a Riolu. Because it's refreshing to see a Lucario that isn't all like "Ooo look, it's so cool and badass." Kotetsu's Lucario is portrayed as a strong, but fun Pokémon and with its entertaining personality and due to it being hugely different from all the previous Lucario's we've seen it is my top favourite Lucario in the show right now.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I'm surprised this never got noted, but was anybody even partially annoyed that despite the drawn out battle between Pikachu and Lucario, once it was over they were both fine with absolutely no scratch marks/injuries after?

Looking at Pikachu's defeat to Excadrill in the Club Battle or against Tyson's Meowth in Hoenn, it annoys me tbh.
    That is so true. How tired out Infernape was after the Paul full battle should of been how Pikachu and Lucario were after their battle.

A little late to the party here but whatever. This league was just utterly mediocre in every single way. Going into it, I knew that Ash would lose in the 4th round as he always does but I at least expected the league to feel.....you know, like a league?

It would have been nice to see Ash in a 6 on 6 battle against a random trainer we've never seen before but battling against all his friends as usual is alright I guess. Guess I just expected more. This league didn't feel any bigger than some club battle or something.

I <3 Quagsire

Quote Originally Posted by Streetlight View Post
    A little late to the party here but whatever. This league was just utterly mediocre in every single way. Going into it, I knew that Ash would lose in the 4th round as he always does but I at least expected the league to feel.....you know, like a league?

It would have been nice to see Ash in a 6 on 6 battle against a random trainer we've never seen before but battling against all his friends as usual is alright I guess. Guess I just expected more. This league didn't feel any bigger than some club battle or something.
    I rewatched the battle Ash was in during this league... all I can say is I hated all the battle paces and how one sided they all were. Even in Cameron's battle, you could tell Ash was being blindsided. And Ash got Top 4 in his previous league tournament, so the 4th round wasn't as obvious except for the fact that Ash's team was pretty lousy compared to the competition.

And that's my biggest complaint, we still have no 6 on 6 battle in Best Wishes to date
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

It was interesting to see that despite how worried he was when Ash battled him, Virgil really defeated Cameron kind of easily.

It was interesting to see that despite how worried he was when Ash battled him, Virgil really defeated Cameron kind of easily.
    I still can't believe Eevee glorification stole the Unova League... kinda pathetic
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

yeah i thought that he would call some of his old pokemon like charizard, infernape, torterra, totodile and a lot of more but noooo he had to use unova pokemon and lets face the truth they arent so strong cuz only pignite and unfezant evolved

I have yet to see the subtitles, but alone this episode is by far the best of the League.

The battle was epic, the character friendships and goodbyes were nice to see, and Ash's flashbacks to his Unova Journey with the obvious reference to the Indigo League being the final screenshots made this.

Still, definetly the worst league by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    And that's my biggest complaint, we still have no 6 on 6 battle in Best Wishes to date
    We haven't had a double battle either.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Actually we had Ash and Cilan against Soran and Rocko. Triple and Rotation Battles haven't appeared though.

Actually we had Ash and Cilan against Soran and Rocko. Triple and Rotation Battles haven't appeared though.
    Rotation no, but we got a Triple battle, against the three Maractus.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Rotation no, but we got a Triple battle, against the three Maractus.
    He means a Triple Battle that was actually finished, and I don't think Tag Battles really count as genuine Double Battles either, J Ken. It kind of feels like we still haven't reached a climax yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    He means a Triple Battle that was actually finished, and I don't think Tag Battles really count as genuine Double Battles either, J Ken. It kind of feels like we still haven't reached a climax yet.
    Oops I mixed those battles up. My bad. Maybe in the next league they can have a different kind of battle in every round. One round 1 on 1, 2 on 2 the next, then Double, then Triple, then Rotation, 3 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 5 and finally 6 on 6. That could make the next league stand out more then the past ones.

Oops I mixed those battles up. My bad. Maybe in the next league they can have a different kind of battle in every round. One round 1 on 1, 2 on 2 the next, then Double, then Triple, then Rotation, 3 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 5 and finally 6 on 6. That could make the next league stand out more then the past ones.
    Meh. Personally, I'm thinking that there's going to be another major tournament during the N arc, and if a Triple or genuine Double battle does happen, you can bet that Ash is going to use both Oshawott and Pignite (Snivy as well if it's a Triple). Snivy, Pignite, and Oshawott kind of seem like a Freudian trio, too. You have Snivy (the Ego), Pignite (the Superego), and Oshawott (the Id), but now I digress.

Anyway, I've got a gut feeling that we're going to get at least 2 tournaments. One in the Dragon Village where Iris wraps things up with Georgia and gets to see the trainer that started her on the "Dragon Buster" path, and another tournament that's planned during another World Tournament where Team Plasma probably interrupts things with Kyurem.

What was Ash vs Shamus then?

That wasn't a double battle, that was a tag battle, which we got quite a few of

Double Battles =/= Tag Battles

What was Ash vs Shamus then?
    A complete mess.

But I forgot that happened.

Random : PokéRadar

Subs don't add much to this episode, everyone says pretty much what you think they're saying. I did like that Ash did acknowledge that he needs to get a lot stronger to reach Cameron and Virgil.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

A complete mess.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Subs don't add much to this episode, everyone says pretty much what you think they're saying. I did like that Ash did acknowledge that he needs to get a lot stronger to reach Cameron and Virgil.
    Needed to reach Cameron? He really said that? Wow, he's already far stronger then him

Agreed

Needed to reach Cameron? He really said that? Wow, he's already far stronger then him
    Well obviously he wasn't considering Ash lost with a numbers advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Well obviously he wasn't considering Ash lost with a numbers advantage.
    Any other team then Unova that is

A complete mess.

Basically the same thing that happens to every other Fire starter Ash has outside of Quilava. They meet a trainer that abused them, the trainer is a jerk that eventually runs into Ash, who then gives lectures over how he shouldn't treat his Pokemon like crap, a battle starts with Ash using the abandoned Fire starter, who is still feeling bad about going against his former, jerkish trainer, the Fire starter gets over his qualms, and the evolution/new move/victory formula kicks in. It was really nothing new, which is why the number of viewers it got was so low.

Just watched an AMV of the whole Ash vs Cameron battle... and I can't help but feel really awful about the whole thing. Pikachu clearly had this match wrapped up but plot Lucario kept taking what Pika was dishing. That Thunderbolt really should have taken the jackal down. I probably said this somewhere else before, but momentum just doesn't exist in BW, you could be winning by a huge margin but the then lose in a heart beat. That literally how you can describe every battle that Ash has partaken in the entire BW region. At best I'd say Burgh's gym was the only time where things even remotely made a bit of sense battle-wise.

Just watched an AMV of the whole Ash vs Cameron battle... and I can't help but feel really awful about the whole thing. Pikachu clearly had this match wrapped up but plot Lucario kept taking what Pika was dishing. That Thunderbolt really should have taken the jackal down. I probably said this somewhere else before, but momentum just doesn't exist in BW, you could be winning by a huge margin but the then lose in a heart beat. That literally how you can describe every battle that Ash has partaken in the entire BW region. At best I'd say Burgh's gym was the only time where things even remotely made a bit of sense battle-wise.
    And Ash didn't do the exact same to his opponents many many times?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast