Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A Unova League Evolution (769)

Horrible conclusion, Cameron basically gets rewarded for being retarded.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    That's really all I have to say as well.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

And yet when Ash makes stupid mistakes its ok?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no, but the way this league has magnified Ash's stupidity and was carried out does not help.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

...I never actually said that.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no, but the way this league has magnified Ash's stupidity and was carried out does not help.
    I don't see how Ash was stupid this league. I find the stupidity from the hate this episode gets. The entire ep was not Ash vs Cameron. We saw goodbyes a nice flashback montage Cam vs Virgil etc. It is as if people are forgetting the other 15 minutes of this episode Would I like to have seen Ash take on Virgil? Yes but each league has had some sort of gimmick.

Gen 1-Charzard being a dick

Gen 2-Ash losing a never before seen pokemon

Gen 3-Ash losing against a Meowth who ironically enough he defeated hundreds of times via Team Rocket

Gen 4-Ash losing against someone who uses legends.

and Gen 5-Ash loses against someone who does not even have 6 pokes and idk I find it funny he did end up losing against an aura pokemon considering his connection.

...I never actually said that.

And I never said you did I mean people in general. Don't be so sensitive

I don't see how Ash was stupid this league. I find the stupidity from the hate this episode gets. The entire ep was not Ash vs Cameron. We saw goodbyes a nice flashback montage Cam vs Virgil etc. It is as if people are forgetting the other 15 minutes of this episode Would I like to have seen Ash take on Virgil? Yes but each league has had some sort of gimmick.

Gen 3-Ash losing against a Meowth who ironically enough he defeated hundreds of times via Team Rocket

and Gen 5-Ash loses against someone who does not even have 6 pokes and idk I find it funny he did end up losing against an aura pokemon considering his connection.
    ROFL. That's very true. I can't dispute that.

The first two were backed up by good storytelling.
    Don't remember exactly how the Hoenn league went.
    Fourth was a cheap plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    ROFL. That's very true. I can't dispute that.
    Besides hardly any anime characters win a big tourney unless they need too. When the world is at stake Ash ends up saving it. When Goku had to win the Budokai tournament he did but that did not stop Toriyama from making him lose when the world was not at stake. If Ash won every battle it would be like Dan winning in Bakugan pretty boring

The first two were backed up by good storytelling.
    Don't remember exactly how the Hoenn league went.
    Fourth was a cheap plot device.

DP ended on a bad note. The league could of been better but the fact Ash did not face Bianca this league made it worse then Ash losing to Cameron. Did Ash even fighting Bianca once? I know he did in a double battle but I mean a legit 1 on 1. I mean he never fought Virgil either which makes me wonder if he will before the series is done

And I never said you did I mean people in general. Don't be so sensitive
    The gen 3 and 5 ones aren't exactly gimmicks at all. The gen 1 and 2 ones had nothing to with battling and at least were something build character. Gen 4....well, probably just had to with wanting to market the legendaries a lot, but it also very shortly buolt ash's reputation up as a battler.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The gen 3 and 5 ones aren't exactly gimmicks at all. The gen 1 and 2 ones had nothing to with battling and at least were something build character. Gen 4....well, probably just had to with wanting to market the legendaries a lot, but it also very shortly buolt ash's reputation up as a battler.
    Which is kinda weird that in all of Unova Ash was not famous or at least in some way. I mean a trainer that can take out two legedaries must be good yet nobody in Unova seems to have any idea who he was. I was hoping someone in the league would be like "Oh that is Ash remember him in the Sinnoh League?

Which is kinda weird that in all of Unova Ash was not famous or at least in some way. I mean a trainer that can take out two legedaries must be good yet nobody in Unova seems to have any idea who he was. I was hoping someone in the league would be like "Oh that is Ash remember him in the Sinnoh League?
    Isn't Unova far away from other regions though?

I really hated the fact that Ash lost to a guy with 5 Pokemon. At least give Kotetsu the 6th mon, make it more dignifying.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Isn't Unova far away from other regions though?

I really hated the fact that Ash lost to a guy with 5 Pokemon. At least give Kotetsu the 6th mon, make it more dignifying.
    I would not of minded it being a Gen 6 mon and Cameron being all like "Wait so that pokemon is not from Unova? Guess that is why the Pokedex had no info on him *Laughs*

I'm gonna say this, I liked Lucario vs Pikachu. *runs*
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I'm gonna say this, I liked Lucario vs Pikachu. *runs*
    Why run? A lot of people liked that part, me included. It's the rest of the battle that wasn't well scripted, imo.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Why run? A lot of people liked that part, me included. It's the rest of the battle that wasn't well scripted, imo.
    Same here.

Polachu vs lucario was alright, nothing special., but it wasn't what made the battle not good.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

the battle was the best battle I have seen in years.
    Yeah, which was all "attack, attack, attack" with little to no strategy. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Yeah, which was all "attack, attack, attack" with little to no strategy. At all.
    Watch it again then troll if you must

I couldn't help but feel mad, sad, glad, and angry at the same time after watching this in english...

I don't mind ash losing if it's for a good reason... Comparing the older leagues for example.

Kanto: Lost in top 16 due to charizard being disobedient, kinda upsetting

Orange: Won due to there being only one contestant and ash's strength's improving

Johto: Lost in a very close match due to overpowered blaziken

Hoenn: Never saw this, but he lost in a close round again

Frontier: Won barely

Sinnoh: Was in the top 4, and lost to a very close match against legendaries, which actually made it the best league.

Unova: Lost in the top 8 (DROP RROM PREVIOUS), to a teen that really has no sense of thought and even forgot his watchog, because of a hydregion and Lucario... And then he got annihilated by Virgil afterwards, making it the worst league.

I would rather have virgil beat ash instead of cameron... and the fact that Ash didn't care about it like he did for Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Hoenn made it really upsetting.

Writers, I'm mad at you now. So mad I could go insane if it weren't for two of my favorite pokemon being in the league (Espeon and Liepard). The fact that Snivy and Scraggy didn't evolve when Pidove and Sewaddle did FULLY, and due to the bad tournament performances during the whole series... Made it bad, but not as bad of a series as Sinnoh.

And a question about these leagues in general... Why does the reason for the loss always revolve around a BAD move?
    Last edited by hawkmbl; 13th April 2013 at 6:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    Unova: Lost in the top 8 (DROP RROM PREVIOUS), to a teen that really has no sense of thought and even forgot his watchog, because of a hydregion and Lucario... And then he got annihilated by Virgil afterwards, making it the worst league.

I would rather have virgil beat ash instead of cameron... and the fact that Ash didn't care about it like he did for Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Hoenn made it really upsetting.

Writers, I'm mad at you now. So mad I could go insane if it weren't for two of my favorite pokemon being in the league (Espeon and Liepard). The fact that Snivy and Scraggy didn't evolve when Pidove and Sewaddle did FULLY, and due to the bad tournament performances during the whole series... Made it bad, but not as bad of a series as Sinnoh.

And a question about these leagues in general... Why does the reason for the loss always revolve around a BAD move?

(And also, where is Porygon 2? He's one of the coolest pokemon and he hasn't even made a cameo... That's something I'll never understand)
    Porygon became taboo to TV. It'll go as the only Pokémon to avoid getting appearances. It's rarer than a Legendary, ironically.

God help us! Cameron is totally not a teen. And if he was, he'd be much more stupid, and that actually makes sense.

Also, I didn't like the fight despite the fact a queer Lucario was in it (he's a queer, just look at him running away at the end!) so I got insulted with my favorite Pokémon being treated this badly...and wrongly. I'm going to pretend that the last Lucario I saw was Riley's, who is a whole lot more awesome.

So, anyway... There were so many things wrong here.

1) Suddenly out of nowhere, Cameron tells Lucario to use Aura Sphere. How the hell did he know he learned it already?

2) That Aura Sphere was utterly broken it wasn't funny. Pikachu should've used a hellish Spirit Bomb Electro Ball to toast him.

3) Oh, and Virgil! He's just as useless as a rival! The fact he used the buttjoke from all the Eevee against Cameron was...over the top. That Fire Blast looked too damn strong that it even reached the sky.

4) Forgot to mention this, but I plain disliked Cameron casually mentioning that he was having a full battle. That only made the match feel worse than it was, and it looks like Unova is just too good to show a real full battle. Oh, and that "Who cares about type matchups?!" line was... Argh, how can trainers even get this far without learning about this? I mean, Cameron just tossed Ferrothorn to its death against a Fire-type, and the same thing went to Lucario, if not even worse.

5) And then we find out the horrible truth. Cameron's Lucario is probably even quirkier than he was as a Riolu. The ice cream and the running scenes... Is this how long we've gotten from the badass Lucario in the movie? His kind is being ridiculed. Ash, I don't care if everyone hates you for it, but please get a Riolu to develop those weird aura powers you have or something. Go get the Cookie Riolu from Sinnoh! He surely misses you!

6) "Cameron was strong, but Virgil was even stronger..." ...Ash, you dimwit. You're stronger than those two. Just make up a team with Sceptile, Torterra, Infernape, Kingler, Snorlax, and Pikachu, and you'll be all set to toast everyone you meet... Oh wait, apparently Oshawott is a very wise choice. Let's go with that!

Though the only things I liked were the AMV flashback - especially the beginning episodes that showed a lot of promise...until Rival Destinies started - Stephan trying to make Ash reflect on what he was going to do, and Bianca fueling the ice cream shipping with Virgil.

...So yes, I disliked this league as much as I hated Hoenn's league. Hoenn was probably a tad bit better.

Are Bianca and Cameron suicidal, leaving in the middle of the night instead of resting at the hotel?
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 13th April 2013 at 6:47 PM.

Ugh watching that was irritating! I hate Cameron, I think ash should have went up against Virgil. The writers of the show need to seriously get their @#$% together.
    Pkmn White 1 Alice Fc: 3483-0023-1427
    Pkmn White 2 Steven Fc: 4127-2818-9510
    + = Currently MMing for a shiny feebas, 68 eggs hatched so far. Wish me luck!

Watch it again then troll if you must
    Since when did giving my honest opinion mean that you were a "troll?" Someone has entitlement issues.
    Last edited by matt0044; 13th April 2013 at 7:30 PM.

Was an ok battle,..... I liked it..... butnot my most favorite or exciting... my favorite loss was his battle against Tobias in the sinnoh league, I WAS SOOOOOO routing hard for ash during that battle even thoguh i knew he loses lol. The battle against Cameron was ok..

But I was really routing for this guy since i knew ash was going to lose! but sadly.. he too was knocked out

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Russet
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 13th April 2013 at 8:17 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    Was an ok battle,..... I liked it..... butnot my most favorite or exciting... my favorite loss was his battle against Tobias in the sinnoh league, I WAS SOOOOOO routing hard for ash during that battle even thoguh i knew he loses lol. The battle against Cameron was ok..

But I was really routing for this guy since i knew ash was going to lose! but sadly.. he too was knocked out

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Russet
    And I was rooting for Katharine/Katherine. This league could've been a lot longer if Ash fought one of those two or simply brow-beat Cameron to give Virgil some deserved spotlight. But no, we don't even get to see how good his Leafeon is.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast