Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: A Unova League Evolution (769)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And I was rooting for Katharine/Katherine. This league could've been a lot longer if Ash fought one of those two or simply brow-beat Cameron to give Virgil some deserved spotlight. But no, we don't even get to see how good his Leafeon is.
    I'm surprised we didn't get anything more between her and ash seeing as she was a charecter of the day and not just some background trainer who just had been in past battels like most of the others were..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Pokémon logic: Pikachu faints after all that damage and 5 seconds after the battle is over, Pikachu is wide awake and smiling and moving around easily. Ash should have won
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

Quote Originally Posted by Master Ask View Post
    Pokémon logic: Pikachu faints after all that damage and 5 seconds after the battle is over, Pikachu is wide awake and smiling and moving around easily. Ash should have won
    Could of used a potion when the camrae was on Cam lol

the ending was very much like how his first league tournament ended... except i had tears in my eyes the first time i saw that one.. this one... not so much.. guess i'm used to ash losing now :P Good times.. now it's off to episode N!!!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Yea, I just noticed the aura sphere thing too. How could someone that didn't even know a full battle is six pokemon, know that lucario knows aura sphere right away?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Yea, I just noticed the aura sphere thing too. How could someone that didn't even know a full battle is six pokemon, know that lucario knows aura sphere right away?
    He saw it when he looked up Lucario on his Pokedex, the exact same thing has happened with Ash.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

I only managed to watch half of the episode before I turned off the television and stormed off. I'm still so upset that Ash lost to Cameron like that. Like, it boggles my mind seeing a guy (Cameron) who didn't even follow the official full battle rules defeat someone (Ash) who went into the battle with a legit team and everything. It makes that "cheaters never prosper" idiom seem completely false and fabricated, and I for one am not pleased. My sister was so pissed off this morning after watching the episode. I knew she would take it hard (she's a huge Ash fangirl lol), but she went stark raving mad. She sat there on my bed and complained for twenty minutes straight and while I obviously agreed with everything she said, it was kind of sad seeing how much anger this one episode managed to cause. I can just imagine what other viewers thought and I wouldn't be surprised if the next couple of episodes get extremely low ratings. Anyway, I didn't catch the second half of the episode but since this League was rushed to begin with, I can assume that the ending was also rushed and that contrary to what people predicted, nobody got a proper send off in the end. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I only managed to watch half of the episode before I turned off the television and stormed off. I'm still so upset that Ash lost to Cameron like that. Like, it boggles my mind seeing a guy (Cameron) who didn't even follow the official full battle rules defeat someone (Ash) who went into the battle with a legit team and everything. It makes that "cheaters never prosper" idiom seem completely false and fabricated, and I for one am not pleased. My sister was so pissed off this morning after watching the episode. I knew she would take it hard (she's a huge Ash fangirl lol), but she went stark raving mad. She sat there on my bed and complained for twenty minutes straight and while I obviously agreed with everything she said, it was kind of sad seeing how much anger this one episode managed to cause. I can just imagine what other viewers thought and I wouldn't be surprised if the next couple of episodes get extremely low ratings. Anyway, I didn't catch the second half of the episode but since this League was rushed to begin with, I can assume that the ending was also rushed and that contrary to what people predicted, nobody got a proper send off in the end. Am I wrong?
    I'm glad you're sister can recongize bs because some people thought this loss was the best yet. I'm even starting to think that the Meowth loss was better than this one. Let me make a list of things that I wanted to happen:

-Not only did I want to see Virgil battle Ash, I wanted to see the Eevee evolutions and their moves

-I like the eevee evolutions more than Lucario, Lucario is an overrated pokemon that we'vee seen before

-I thought a legendary was going to be in this league as well

-I also thought Oshawott and Snivy was going to evolve once before losing like that

-I wanted a higher league rank than before

-I wanted the rivals that I liked(Trip/Bianca) to have gotten higher than they did

-Too rushed

-No six on six battles

My ideal battle ever!

Lackluster: that's all I can say to describe this league. Now I'm gonna keep my expectations low for the XY anime's league. Ash at leasted deserved to face Team Eevee, and get his butt whooped by Virgil. He seemed like a more capable trainer than Cameron, then won the freaking league all together.

What I did enjoy, though, was the flashbacks at the end & a new play off on the ending scenes with Ash running to his friends. Same thing happened in the very first league, with Ash at the stadium alone, followed by his friends/mom/Oak.

Well guys, it's been real! The BW anime didn't turn out as I thought it was gonna be, but it's all in good fun. I can remember when Pokemon Black & White started, like it was yesterday (just over 2 years ago to be exact). Hopefully we'll see something better in the next series coming up. Wait, what? There's still more episodes to come? Really? Fine.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    He saw it when he looked up Lucario on his Pokedex, the exact same thing has happened with Ash.
    Cameron didn't even take out his remote for this so... Yes, he makes no explanation as to why he knows this.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Ness - Complete!

Cameron didn't even take out his remote for this so... Yes, he makes no explanation as to why he knows this.
    He action replayed XD

Im still shocked that the person who could beat Paul and two legendaries, couldn't handle a nitwit who only had 5 out of 6 Pokemon, just blows my mind.

The only things i can say is that if nothing else, the outcome of this league proved the following things.

1. Becareful of what you wish for: Most of the people here treated Ash's unova pokemon like trash since his battle with Roxie, no one cared how capable they became or were during the league, and of course everyone expected Ash to lose, never giving them a chance to win, look at what happened as a result, and it wouldn't have mattered if he lost to cameron or virgil since I recall several people demeaning the Eeveelutions saying that Ash would look weak losing to them since as apposed to Darkrai and Latios they are "inferior" (and I know some of you said this, don't try to deny it) not to mention Cameron's last pokemon was a Watchog...do we really need to see one of those things get thrashed again?

2.Nothing is set in stone: if anything this league was an eye opener for the fanbase, because most people expected Ash to get the same ranking he did in sinnoh (repeating the pattern of the third gen) obviously that didn't happen, which shows you shouldn't always make assumptions of what's going down, even if it looks like a bad thing. Though ironically this league had more participants than the sinnoh league, so one could say Ash ranked the same since he would've had to have battled the same number of opponents, granted I could be wrong since this means one match was never shown (and we only saw the ending of another match with scraggy)

3. on a personal level: It would seem to me that unless Ash combines his past pokemon with his current ones, he won't proceed further, however I will not assume that is the case as granted I could see a regional team get the job done by themselves, but only if the fanbase would put more faith in them instead of treating them like garbage due to the outcome of one gym battle before the league--;
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 13th April 2013 at 11:31 PM.

I'm not bothered about talking about this episode, though I will say it's really refreshing to see mixed opinions on this episode and the negativity is also neutral as compared to last time. I just want to say I am glad Cameron's Lucario's personality didn't change after he had evolved, I mean every Lucario we've seen so far have been similar; all serious and cool. Here we have a Lucario who's entertaining and that's because Lucario is Cameron's main partner so Lucario needs a personality which connects with Cameron's (such as getting annoyed whenever he makes mistakes). Plus the thing I really like about it is how great Lucario is in a fight, Cameron's Lucario is a good example of a Pokémon that can be fun or have a comic relief status and yet in battle they are portrayed as being awesome. For anybody who thinks that it is never possible, here you go, some proof to say it is not so.

My sister was so pissed off this morning after watching the episode. I knew she would take it hard (she's a huge Ash fangirl lol), but she went stark raving mad. She sat there on my bed and complained for twenty minutes straight
    I really think you should be telling your sister that it's just a fictional show for kids. In fact that's a lesson a majority of this fandom should learn.

Cameron used his Pokédex on Lucario in the beginning of the episode. Also for an example of what I mean; When Ash's Sewaddle evolved into Swadloon Ash checked its info on his Pokédex, then later he ordered it to use its newly learned move (Energy Ball). The same thing must have happened with Cameron after he checked Lucario's data on his Pokédex. Sometimes you see them check the moves and sometimes you do not.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 13th April 2013 at 11:45 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Im still shocked that the person who could beat Paul and two legendaries, couldn't handle a nitwit who only had 5 out of 6 Pokemon, just blows my mind.
    Uhh you do know he is playing with a different team of Pokemon. Plus he did not train nearly as much compared to DP I love how people tend to forget this stuff

I suppose you do have a point there, Ash doesn't really have a "Infernape" to totally sweep the competition

Seriously though, I would assume that they had more/less the same experience as teah DP team, despite a lot of them being unevloved.

I can just imagine what other viewers thought
    I look after 2 kids every Saturday morning and they've been following the anime since halfway through DP. They actually took it pretty well. Yeah, they did say it was really disappointing, but they said it made sense he lost. But they do love Cameron so they might be a bit bias. They actually got more angry when Cameron lost to Virgil lol.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I really think you should be telling your sister that it's just a fictional show for kids. In fact that's a lesson a majority of this fandom should learn.
    She fits the demographic since she's a kid herself, so hearing her opinions on the new episodes is refreshing because it allows me to understand what other kids her age are thinking about when they watch the anime.

Anyway, it almost feels like the writers are tired of the Leagues and have given up on them. I mean the last three Leagues all ended terribly imo; Pikachu lost to a Meowth in AG, then Ash lost to a trainer who only had to use two Pokemon in DP, and now there's this mess with Cameron pulling out powerful Pokemon like Hydreigon out of nowhere, conveniently evolving Riolu, and forgetting to bring six Pokemon. Like, what's all that about? And the thing that leaves me seething even more than any of those things are Ash's reactions to his losses (or lack thereof). He's all like "oh well I lost, no big deal." And I'm like hello, you just lost a tournament that you've been preparing for for who knows how many months. A little more emotion and some disappointment from Ash would be nice because that would make him seem like a real kid/person and would make him more relatable.

Cameron used his Pokédex on Lucario in the beginning of the episode. Also for an example of what I mean; When Ash's Sewaddle evolved into Swadloon Ash checked its info on his Pokédex, then later he ordered it to use its newly learned move (Energy Ball). The same thing must have happened with Cameron after he checked Lucario's data on his Pokédex. Sometimes you see them check the moves and sometimes you do not.
    I'm pretty sure Ash did the dexing.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Ness - Complete!

And the thing that leaves me seething even more than any of those things are Ash's reactions to his losses (or lack thereof). He's all like "oh well I lost, no big deal." And I'm like hello, you just lost a tournament that you've been preparing for for who knows how many months. A little more emotion and some disappointment from Ash would be nice because that would make him seem like a real kid/person and would make him more relatable.
    That's actually a really good point. I heard a lot of people saying that Ash is grown up enough to not let losses piss him off (and that's quite ironic, considering the fact that the anime said that he still has 10 years), but the fact is... that he has become too void of emotions, imo.

I remember in AG that he was quite mad that he lost to Brawly and in DP he was left reflecting about his loss against Paul in his first full battle. In BW, he simply shrugs off and say "Oh, I lost! I'll fare better next time!"

I know, he should have fun, but I'm not saying that he should act all whiny and depressed. Just a bit sad about his loss (in the precise moment where he loses). Sure, they put a scene where he was shown a bit sad while on the plane, but they could have still put it while showing an initial reaction during the League.

Those are simply my opinions, so you're free to disagree. However, if there is something that this League taught me is that: never expect much, nor even from the League.

I'm pretty sure Ash did the dexing.
    Sorry to say that, but... Cameron did the dexing.

Last edited by Cresselia92; 14th April 2013 at 12:08 AM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

I quite enjoyed this episode, as with the whole league. On a personal basis I appreciated the fact that the episode was fast paced, as the constant cliffhangers made it all the more difficult to avoid accidentally running into spoilers in the week's break between episodes.

It was a good battle between Ash and Cameron, although for Ash's sake there isn't much you can do when Riolu evolves, it's just fate that he'll inevitably go on to win! Pikachu V Lucario was good to watch, even if I did unfortunately know the result (spoilers -_-).

It was nice to see Virgil win the league, even if he did somehow wrap it up with Eevee (only in the anime haha!) and overall I'm quite happy with how the entire league went. It was also a really nice touch to see Ash alone in the stadium reflecting upon his travels, before meeting with Iris and Cilan again. I wonder what lies ahead... I've got a feeling that Ash isn't done with Cameron!

Overall, it definitely wasn't the best of leagues (as all of you are probably waiting to remind me haha) but it was good enough for me (copying someone's sig I think there, I do apologize!)

So, to the future! Can't wait...
    Amourshipping FanFics coming soon after exams!
    FanFiction Account: EllisW

Watching the dub made my notice the details...anyone else see the victini on Virgil's trophy?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    2.Nothing is set in stone: if anything this league was an eye opener for the fanbase, because most people expected Ash to get the same ranking he did in sinnoh (repeating the pattern of the third gen) obviously that didn't happen, which shows you shouldn't always make assumptions of what's going down, even if it looks like a bad thing. Though ironically this league had more participants than the sinnoh league, so one could say Ash ranked the same since he would've had to have battled the same number of opponents, granted I could be wrong since this means one match was never shown (and we only saw the ending of another match with scraggy)
    I think we skipped the prelims in Sinnoh (considering we started in the Top 64)... that or you could say the opponents were far tougher. Besides this wasn't anywhere near the 256 participants in the Hoenn league (which Ash's group was far better then the Unova group) and yet they pushed through to get Ash Top 8
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    The only things i can say is that if nothing else, the outcome of this league proved the following things.

1. Becareful of what you wish for: Most of the people here treated Ash's unova pokemon like trash since his battle with Roxie, no one cared how capable they became or were during the league, and of course everyone expected Ash to lose, never giving them a chance to win, look at what happened as a result, and it wouldn't have mattered if he lost to cameron or virgil since I recall several people demeaning the Eeveelutions saying that Ash would look weak losing to them since as apposed to Darkrai and Latios they are "inferior" (and I know some of you said this, don't try to deny it) not to mention Cameron's last pokemon was a Watchog...do we really need to see one of those things get thrashed again?

3. on a personal level: It would seem to me that unless Ash combines his past pokemon with his current ones, he won't proceed further, however I will not assume that is the case as granted I could see a regional team get the job done by themselves, but only if the fanbase would put more faith in them instead of treating them like garbage due to the outcome of one gym battle before the league--;
    I find it really unbelievable that you think the fanbase's negative opinion had a direct link to how horrible Ash did in the league (at least with Cameron).

The writers are the ones who wrote the Pokemon as losers, thus we should believe they are losers, and not winners.

It should've been up to the writers to change that and make them winners.

The reason why Ash sucked so badly in this league is for the same reason that Ash's Pokemon are viewed on as weak.

The writers put no effort into writing development for the Pokemon nor did they put any effort (outside of Ash vs Stephan) into the league.

The fanbase isn't at fault, they can only react to what the writer's have done.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I find it really unbelievable that you think the fanbase's negative opinion had a direct link to how horrible Ash did in the league (at least with Cameron).

The writers are the ones who wrote the Pokemon as losers, thus we should believe they are losers, and not winners.

It should've been up to the writers to change that and make them winners.

The reason why Ash sucked so badly in this league is for the same reason that Ash's Pokemon are viewed on as weak.

The writers put no effort into writing development for the Pokemon nor did they put any effort (outside of Ash vs Stephan) into the league.

The fanbase isn't at fault, they can only react to what the writer's have done.
    We're just bad fans dustin, these writers can do no wrong to those who simply enjoy the childish antics that Best Wishes dished out. Not saying Almighty is one of them, just that this specific statement made by him seems to imply that direction.

My notes:
    But seriously, you'd have to be a pretty forgiving fan to think this league was anything spectacular and every more forgiving to think Ash's team outside of Pignite and Krookodile (Pikachu always gets a pass) was ready. Boldore and Unfezant lost to a Koffing...A KOFFING, people. Over-powered gym leader seems like such an excuse given how under-powered they made Marlon.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast