Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Virgil was pretty much pointless?

No, he proved an all eevelution team is really capable, I mean he won a pokemon league.

Did he, though? A lot of people, myself included, think that the crop of Unova League participants was quite weak and think that a Katie, Paul, or Harrison would defeat him and the Unova League with only moderate difficulty.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Virgil was incredibly bland. Ugh.

It's obvious Virgil will return with a 6th Gen Eevee.

Ive said it in another topic, but Virgil was obviously a red herring. He was waved in our faces before the league to make us think he was a league rival to keep us off guard when Ash actually lost to Cameron =/ We all fell for it so it's time to move on and hope the N saga brings some pleasant surprises.

P.S. Seriously though, Oshawott against a Hydreigon? =.=
    Some Of My Sprites <333

No, he was there to promote the Eevees and to win the league
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I however don't get why Kotetsu was so important anyway.
    He was there for the same reason as Virgil (advertising) but to showcase different Pokemon; his Riolu/Lucario.

Also Samurott, Ferothorn, and Hyderigon to a lesser extent.

What is better John Dickson or Virgil?
    Jon Dickson has a much cooler name.

sooo in the virgil/cameron match, wut was camerons 6th poke (i cant tell cause the pic is too small) and virgils 6th was a '?" soo do u tihnk it was a new eeveelution or maybe jsut trolling by the writers/animators?
    We'll probably get a bigger picture in a few hours so hang tight.

The other one's easier to answer. The Trainer's Pokemon is only shown if they use it. Virgil didn't use his 6th so it's never revealed. The same thing happened in Cameron's match with Ash.

Nope, because we also met Katharine, Dino and Antonio.. It's because of the Eevee's, that's all it is.
    Erm, that's what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by jetlag45 View Post
    sooo in the virgil/cameron match, wut was camerons 6th poke (i cant tell cause the pic is too small) and virgils 6th was a '?" soo do u tihnk it was a new eeveelution or maybe jsut trolling by the writers/animators?
    http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/be.../769/DP235.jpg
    It was a Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Ok? And it can't be both?

They didnt HAVE to give the guy who showed up right before the league a team of eevees. So just looking at Virgil minus his team, he looks like someone Ash usually meets right before the league and loses to. Because they used the same formula four times before, everyone was expecting it =/
    Last edited by Brydont; 10th January 2013 at 6:08 PM.
    Some Of My Sprites <333

Cameron's 6th Pokemon was a Watchog?... I'm at a lost for words.

As for Virgil, not only was his promotion of Eevee's pointless considering we never got to see any full battles of them, but the fact that he wins and just leaves on the spot is even worst.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

So, from what I could gather about the league opinion-wise, Virgil's appearance was pointless, Kibago's episode during the league was a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment (more hate for him and his "dream") that took away from the league battles, and the fully shown battles, albeit against repeat opponents for the most part, were actually decent.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    So, from what I could gather about the league opinion-wise, Virgil's appearance was pointless, Kibago's episode during the league was a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment (more hate for him and his "dream") that took away from the league battles, and the fully shown battles, albeit against repeat opponents for the most part, were actually decent.
    Yes, yes, and kinda. This was just a repeat of BW2. Pikachu gets glory even though he loses at the end, and Krookodile and Pignite are basically the only ones that can put up a fight. Leavanny shows to be strong but she falls because of the writers. Palpitoad is like Waldo. Boldore is used as a Riot Shield, the kind you use in Assassin;s Creed 3 when you get someone in front of you. Oshawott and Snivy fell because of the writers weird love for the other 3. It's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Virgil was incredibly bland. Ugh.
    We all agree on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It's obvious Virgil will return with a 6th Gen Eevee.
    It's as obvious as he would debute it in the league, pfftt...

Quote Originally Posted by Brydont View Post
    P.S. Seriously though, Oshawott against a Hydreigon? =.=
    And then people call Kotetsu stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Hence pointless.

He did a terrible promotion, Jolteon, Leafeon and Glaceon were shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Does it really matter which was his 6th? I was hoping a Raichu to troll Ash even more xD
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

As for Virgil, not only was his promotion of Eevee's pointless considering we never got to see any full battles of them, but the fact that he wins and just leaves on the spot is even worst.
    Watchog? seriously? That was his hidden 6th Pokemon? I can almost imagine Pikachu beating Lucario and Cameron uses his 'secret weapon Watchog'

So the person Ash beat in the Don Battle Tournament got Runner-Up status while Ash couldn't even make Top 4? Either Dino got really strong since the Don Battle Tournament or Ash just got really weak since then. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    So the person Ash beat in the Don Battle Tournament got Runner-Up status while Ash couldn't even make Top 4? Either Dino got really strong since the Don Battle Tournament or Ash just got really weak since then. Or both.
    That what happens when you evolve all your pokemon.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Yes, yes, and kinda. This was just a repeat of BW2. Pikachu gets glory even though he loses at the end, and Krookodile and Pignite are basically the only ones that can put up a fight. Leavanny shows to be strong but she falls because of the writers. Palpitoad is like Waldo. Boldore is used as a Riot Shield, the kind you use in Assassin;s Creed 3 when you get someone in front of you. Oshawott and Snivy fell because of the writers weird love for the other 3. It's funny.
    It's not funny. It's sad. 9 Pokemon to choose from, and only 3-4 actually put up a good fight throughout the series (Pikachu, Pignite, Krookodile, and Leavanny). The rest were just a mix of meh and bleh.

Virgil was only created for a single reason: To sell Eeveelution products, that's it really, his character was just a soulless existence, and the reason they made him win the league was just to glorify the Eeveelutions and sell more merchandise.

Given that this Eevee promotion is going to go on for some time, given the upcoming Pikachu and Eevee short, it's possible he might appear again sometime, possibly to promote Gen 6 Eeveelutions.
    Last edited by Masterge77; 10th January 2013 at 7:29 PM.

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    That what happens when you evolve all your pokemon.
    I heard Dino's team... it was amazing
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I wish he won so we got some surprise from this episode. Although the ending scene seemed emotional from what I saw in the pictures.

I wish he won so we got some surprise from this episode.
    I just find it funny that Ash beat the guy in the first tournament of Best Wishes, yet he became the second strongest character to participate in the league

I just find it funny that Ash beat the guy in the first tournament of Best Wishes, yet he became the second strongest character to participate in the league
    Yeah. What happened to Ash? He dominated most of the BW Tournaments. Ash, what happened?

Yes, and the other cotd's team was great too o.o

Yeah. What happened to Ash? He dominated most of the BW Tournaments. Ash, what happened?
    He lost the league as always, that's what happened. You know, it's like the writers won't let him win even ONE tournament, he's lost four tournaments in BW: The Don Battle, The Clubsplosion, the Junior Cup, and now the Unova League, is there something wrong with Ash accomplishing something?

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

He dominated them? Seems to me Trip dominated the 3rd one, and Montgomery dominated the 2nd one. The only one that could be argued would be the first one

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    He dominated them? Seems to me Trip dominated the 3rd one, and Montgomery dominated the 2nd one. The only one that could be argued would be the first one
    I would say he was the 3rd strongest competitor in the Clubsplosion and the 2nd strongest in the Junior Cup so that's good. Everyone in the Top 8 with the exception of Virgil and Dino were all people he has either beaten before or placed higher than in another Tournament yet he didn't outlast any of them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast