Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Virgil was pretty much pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    He dominated them? Seems to me Trip dominated the 3rd one, and Montgomery dominated the 2nd one. The only one that could be argued would be the first one
    Oh yeah, about Masaomi/Montgomery, he should have been in the League.

Such a wasted character, i liked his personality and design :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Oh yeah, about Masaomi/Montgomery, he should have been in the League.

Such a wasted character, i liked his personality and design :'(
    The ONLY cool thing about this League was that they invited back past characters. They should have done this every League. Even though none of them played a role, it was still fun. In fact, I was more interested to see how Dino and Katharine would do than I was about seeing how Cameron and Virgil would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    Virgil was only created for a single reason: To sell Eeveelution products, that's it really, his character was just a soulless existence, and the reason they made him win the league was just to glorify the Eeveelutions and sell more merchandise.

Given that this Eevee promotion is going to go on for some time, given the upcoming Pikachu and Eevee short, it's possible he might appear again sometime, possibly to promote Gen 6 Eeveelutions.
    Yep, basically, that's the vibe he gives off.

I think you guys are over negativing it ._...

Eevee is one of the few pokemon evolutuions that has literally enough for a full team. Given that, its only natural that they'd make an eevee trainer. No less a pokemon ranger like one. He's proven to be tough, and eevee's are adorable inside AND outside of universe. Why not make one?

Even if he got a crap ton of development I promise you'd all still complain about it being "all for the advertising." >3>...Not all...but...lol
    Ash is way more addvertisable then eeveelution trainer lol.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Of course not, he created fascinating conspiracies that a new eeveelution was going to appear. lol

Honestly though, he was pretty pointless. He won the League, but he had so little to do with any of the main characters that anyone could be him.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I think you guys are over negativing it ._...

Eevee is one of the few pokemon evolutuions that has literally enough for a full team. Given that, its only natural that they'd make an eevee trainer. No less a pokemon ranger like one. He's proven to be tough, and eevee's are adorable inside AND outside of universe. Why not make one?

Even if he got a crap ton of development I promise you'd all still complain about it being "all for the advertising." >3>...Not all...but...lol
    Ash is way more addvertisable then eeveelution trainer lol.
    There's a difference between Ash, who has more going for him as a character (since he is the lead, after all), and someone like Virgil, who's defining trait is being an Eevee trainer...and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    There's a difference between Ash, who has more going for him as a character (since he is the lead, after all), and someone like Virgil, who's defining trait is being an Eevee trainer...and that's about it.
    he has a purpose and a job and is shown to be competent ._...

He joined the league cause he thought he could win (which he did.).

he DID have a backstory episode -.-.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

he has a purpose and a job and is shown to be competent ._...

He joined the league cause he thought he could win (which he did.).

he DID have a backstory episode -.-.
    Meh. Not that the League characters are all that interesting, but Virgil felt...emptier as a character than even those before him. I don't know, seemed like he could've been done better just like most of the Unova League episodes.

Virgils existence was to advertise the Eeveelutions, brought into B2W2.

Virigil's existance was definitely pointless.

He only appeared to promote Eevee and all the Eeveelutions, doesn't get any more pointless then that.

I really wish Ash got to battle Virgil. I know we saw short clips of some of Virgil's battles but if we got to see Ash battle Virgil, we would have really gotten to see what kind of strategies Virgil uses in his matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I really wish Ash got to battle Virgil. I know we saw short clips of some of Virgil's battles but if we got to see Ash battle Virgil, we would have really gotten to see what kind of strategies Virgil uses in his matches.
    Spam Trump Card.

Which is worse? Virgil solely existing to promote the Eeveelutions or Tobias solely existing to crush the hopes and dreams of all the boys and girls entering the Sinnoh League?

Which is worse? Virgil solely existing to promote the Eeveelutions or Tobias solely existing to crush the hopes and dreams of all the boys and girls entering the Sinnoh League?
    I actually preferred Tobias.. At least we knew where we stood with him. We never really knew what was going to happen with Virgil..

...well when you put it that way, Tobias.

To viewers, I think its honestly more annoying to have the eeveelution trainer win espcialyl with the team ash has right now.

...however, if you think about it. Tobias is being pretty cruel. D:> We were really proud to see ash beat two legendaries, so we sort of let it go. xD
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I actually preferred Tobias.. At least we knew where we stood with him. We never really knew what was going to happen with Virgil..
    I like Tobias more. I was more making a joke. Tobias is actually my favorite League winner even over Tyson. Although, I know I am in the minority on that XD

...well when you put it that way, Tobias.

To viewers, I think its honestly more annoying to have the eeveelution trainer win espcialyl with the team ash has right now.

...however, if you think about it. Tobias is being pretty cruel. D:> We were really proud to see ash beat two legendaries, so we sort of let it go. xD
    With the team Ash has now, it made sense he didn't win. I mean seriously only 3 of his Pokémon were showed to be consistently powerful (Pikachu, Krookodile and Pignite).

It's still possible that Virgil will show up in the N arc. After all, it involves wild Pokemon a lot. I'm not trusting the writers to do the LOGICAL choice here, seeing as they completely went off the pattern with the region (indirectly making the U.S. version of Pokemon look bad).

Worst comes to worst, Virgil doesn't show up, and we get ditzy Cameron and his ditzy Lucario instead. Does Camoron come from Aspertia City?

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Look passive at this if I'm deeming this incorrectly.

So, there were no redeeming qualities to Virgil, especially with him winning the whole thing? Or a reason how he got there? (Story wise, not exactly real life reasons why).

When I think of tournament exclusive rivals, I'm thinking of Solidad who we met in the first episode of the Kanto GF arc. We knew her for only 3 episodes, and her expert skills and knowledge seems to fit her title as "Top Coordinator". Since she had no struggle making it to the Top, like Tobias, it seemed right for her to win. So it was a given any of the rivals and May would have been blocked off from winning. But to defend her, she had a balanced team, and it was contests; different from the actual Pokemon League.

Was there no superior quality like this to Virgil? Obviously, having all of the Eevee evolution family doesn't instantly make you League Champion. But... I don't exactly know everything I should about this guy. We have known him for one episode just before the league; so that's why I compared this question with Solidad on the matter.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Look passive at this if I'm deeming this incorrectly.

So, there were no redeeming qualities to Virgil, especially with him winning the whole thing? Or a reason how he got there? (Story wise, not exactly real life reasons why).

When I think of tournament exclusive rivals, I'm thinking of Solidad who we met in the first episode of the Kanto GF arc. We knew her for only 3 episodes, and her expert skills and knowledge seems to fit her title as "Top Coordinator". Since she had no struggle making it to the Top, like Tobias, it seemed right for her to win. So it was a given any of the rivals and May would have been blocked off from winning. But to defend her, she had a balanced team, and it was contests; different from the actual Pokemon League.

Was there no superior quality like this to Virgil? Obviously, having all of the Eevee evolution family doesn't instantly make you League Champion. But... I don't exactly know everything I should about this guy. We have known him for one episode just before the league; so that's why I compared this question with Solidad on the matter.
    The fact Virgil seems to be an expert at being a Pokemon Ranger kind of makes him a very strong contender, I'd say...

Still, he's a flat character regardless.

The point was to advertise eevee and it's evolutions. Other than that there was really no point.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    The point was to advertise eevee and it's evolutions. Other than that there was really no point.
    This pretty much sums it up. Virgil=Eevee marketing tool.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Okay, show me the Eevee merchandise.

Unless you mean convince people to buy B2 or W2.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Okay, show me the Eevee merchandise.

Unless you mean convince people to buy B2 or W2.
    Um are you new here?? They have been advertising Eevee and his bros for MONTHS.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Virgil won't return. The Eevee's in that Movie 16 special have nothing to do with Virgil.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Virgil won't return. The Eevee's in that Movie 16 special have nothing to do with Virgil.
    Judging from most the comments here, most don't care much for Virgil anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast