Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So Virgil was pretty much pointless?

If there is indeed a new Eeveelution on the way, then i guess Virgil could debut it.

Virgil was the tobias off the unova region
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

The way I see it, he was pretty redundant. I mean there was a lot of hype around his introduction, but he wasn't one of Ash's opponents at the League. The only thing that I liked about him is that he won all his battles fairly and that he beat Cameron. But apart from that, he was a pretty useless character. I wish I could've gotten to know him more though. :x

hmm, that's a pretty good point. Anyway, I can't wait to see how the eeveloutions pull off winning the unova leauge, that'll be awesome. Ash's battle with cameron looks cool too!
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Virgil could still return as the sage isn't over and they are still in the same reason. Virgil likely stays in Unova due to his Rescue Team being stationed there. So we may see him again.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Virgil could still return as the sage isn't over and they are still in the same reason. Virgil likely stays in Unova due to his Rescue Team being stationed there. So we may see him again.
    If he encounters N, I'd hope N has his Eevee squad defect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I actually preferred Tobias.. At least we knew where we stood with him. We never really knew what was going to happen with Virgil..
    Now I know why we never knew alot about Tobias before he crushed Ash out of the Sinnoh league. I wished we would have knowned little about Virgil, then maybe he could have battles him ands promote at the same time.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I actually preferred Tobias.. At least we knew where we stood with him. We never really knew what was going to happen with Virgil..
    They were pretty clear with their intentions with Virgil from the start, the whole Eevee aren't worthy of winning a leauge dumb arguments were the only stupid thing in the whole situation.

To market Eeveelutions. It seems that was his only purpose, sadly...

Why? that is all i can say... Why would you introduce a rival that never gets battled? did he even battle another main rival? He may as well not have been introduced, he could have been just another character. they only introduced him to sell eeveelution merchandise.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Virgil's entire existence besides advertising Eevee is to pulverize shonen kids from achieving their dreams. That's pretty satisfying.

He came to show us Eevee, and ended up doing more than what was actually necessary of him. He exists for promotion, and nothing more.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    He came to show us Eevee, and ended up doing more than what was actually necessary of him. He exists for promotion, and nothing more.
    Many people thought he'd be the last minute roadblock that defeated Ash in the league, ala Tyson...since many predicted Kotetsu was more of a Morrison. Turns out Ash didn't even battle him.

Maybe he'll appear during Episode N to help out, his little rescue team could prove useful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234