View Poll Results: Best Generation of Starters?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gen 1 (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)

31 28.97%
  • Gen 2 (Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile)

13 12.15%
  • Gen 3 (Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip)

31 28.97%
  • Gen 4 (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)

13 12.15%
  • Gen 5 (Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott)

3 2.80%
  • Gen 6 (Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie)

16 14.95%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Generation of Starters?

It's a tie between III and IV for me. I love each starter from those generations, which isn't the case for any other, but I ended up voting for Gen III.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Generation 1 starters is aguarbly the best so far. People would vote on 6 because they're new currently and I'm a little shocked that Geneneration 3 starters is the second best in the poll instead Generation 2.
    I don't see the surprise in Gen 3 being ahead of 2. Aside from the fact that I voted for Gen 3, there are quite of few people who grew up with 3rd gen games, so that would likely contribute. That, and the Johto starters don't seem to bring much of anything interesting to the table, so to speak. Of course, that's just my opinion.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

If there was a generation of Chikorita, Torchic and Oshawott then it would be that one.

Sadly there isn't, so I'll go for the Johto starters.

I vote for gen four. Maybe i would vote for gen 6 if we already knew their evos, types, and moves.

Generation I and II since the starters were good and the designs are also good with the evolutions. Gen VI, on my waiting list.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Either generation II or III, though I love all of them the starters and their evolutions from those generations are fantastic, especially the water types. Love Empoleon from gen IV though!

Everything came from the water and the earth. Time for a new adventure.

Gen I for me because of its designs and popularity way back then, and the revamps to their movesets up until now are big bonus and awesome.

Tied for 2nd place is III and IV for their dual typings. (though fire/fighting is going overboard)

and for the rest: V > II

It's too early for me to decide GenVI

Gen I for me because of its designs and popularity way back then, and the revamps to their movesets up until now are big bonus and awesome.

Tied for 2nd place is III and IV for their dual typings. (though fire/fighting is going overboard)

and for the rest: V > II

It's too early for me to decide GenVI yet.

The Generation 2 starters were the best in terms of designs imo. They just looked so interesting. Just look at the Holy Trinity:

im one of those youngings who grew up with gen 3 so i admit i am probably biaist when i say generation 3
    My current black/white team lowest level 75 but havent really bothered that much with natures, eggs, evs etc

Gen 2, for me. Very simple, but nice designs. Gen 3 is second for me.
    1st X run:

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I love all of Gen 3s starters, so it was an easy choice.
    This, exactly.

I would have to say Gen VI because I actually liked all 3 starters(basic forms appearance-wise) unlike in the other gens.

Spoiler:- Past Pokemon Teams:

Pokemon Y

I don't really have an opinion about the Gen VI starters yet, since we only know about first forms right now, so I just limited my choice to the first five gens.

For me, the top was actually Gen V. All the starters at all their evolutionary levels were highly appealing to me, which is unique in terms of starters.

In second place is Gen I. All of the starters and all of their evolutionary levels, except for Charmeleon, were highly appealing. Charmeleon was just ugly to me, though, so it wasn't quite as good as Gen V.

In third is Gen IV. Loved them all except for Chimchar's line, but even that is growing on me. Infernape is pretty cool.

Fourth is Gen III. Now, Gen III does have one of my all-time favourite starters in Blaziken, and I love Swampert too, but I really disliked the mid-evolutions of both Blaziken and Swampert, and I find Treecko to be pretty ugly.

Fifth is Gen II. Meganium is cool, Feraligatr is okay, and I'm growing more fond of Typhlosion, but all in all it was pretty disappointing in terms of starters, to me.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Generation III > I > IV > VI > II > V in my opinion.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

My list is: I > III > II > IV > V. I rather wait on VI starters because is too soon to show my opinion of it since it was announced few days ago , but it surprised me that has many votes on the poll right now.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

At the moment, I'd have to say III > I > IV > V > II. I'm not entirely sure about VI yet since I don't know much about them besides their names and looks, but at the moment I'd probably place them between IV and V from what little I know about them.

In my opinion it's I > II > III and VI > V > IV

The only batch of starters I really disliked was gen IV though. I didn't like any of them, which I've never had before or after gen IV.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

3rd. The only gen where I really like all 3 of the starters. Sceptile's perfect. Blaziken is BA. Swampert is just...cool.
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by SceptileFan View Post
    3rd. The only gen where I really like all 3 of the starters. Sceptile's perfect. Blaziken is BA. Swampert is just...cool.
    so i herd... u liek mudkipz?

Eh, since Gen VI isn't out, just going up until Gen V, here's my favourites:

1. Gen IV: It's my favourite batch of starters, nothing to say here. EXCELLENT typings at the end of the evolution. Water/Steel and Grass/Ground are unique typings. Although Fire/Fighting is on its 2nd roll, it didn't really matter then because Emboar wasn't out yet. Anyways, they all have cute starter bases (why Dawn's Piplup didn't evolve) and epic final forms. Yeah, no. 1 for a reason.

2. Gen II: Next to Gen IV, Gen II is high on my list. I love Thyphlosion, and Feraligatar has its goodness to. Meganium is the only one which I find decent/subpar, but Thyphlosion and Feraligatar are my favourites for a reason. Those three also have cute starter bases, especially Cyndaquil: KAWAIIIIIIII!

3. Gen III: Yes, I liek Mudkipz. I think Gen III has decent starters too. Mudkipz is just pure punny, though I didn't really like Swampert that much. Blaziken... not my favourite, but it's pretty subpar design. It even gets Speeed Boost, which is totally unfair because Blaziken has nothing to do with speed when we have a grass lizard in the batch. Out of the trio, my favourite is probably Sceptile. Its potrayal is strong in both the anime and the manga... ++

4. Gen V: Not my favourite. Tbh, I find this batch rather unappealing at the beginning. But as time went, I grew on designs, such as Emboar and Oshawott, thanks to anime potrayal (Bianca's Emboar and Ash's Oshawott). Its pretty cute if you ask me, for the latter of course. I didn't really like Serperior's design, because his almost non-existent offence made it hard and... well, don't like how its smug and all. Also thanks to the anime potrayal (Trip), I've grew a disliking to it :P

5. Gen I: I just put it here to annoy the genwunners Lying on that part, but I didn't grow up at Kanto's era, so I didn't feel the "symbolic bond" that older players feel. I rather just treat it like a regular bunch. The only final form I like is Blastoise. I'm not a huge fan of Charizard or Venusaur. But over the time and Gen V, I've grew to use Venusaur in competitive sun teams, and its design grew on me. Charizard.. not so much. Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock bro.

--

As of now, Gen VI probably places around Hoenn. Only time will tell, for if this turns out to be another fire/fighting, I shall find a computer and slam it into the wall.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I went a head and said Gen 1 but really, I have a hard time between the first 2 Gens. 3rd comes in close, then 6(so far)>4>5. Charizard is my all time favorite so that had a bit of influence.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Generation III had the best starters for me. All three were fantastic to use in-game, being offensively competent yet not feeling like glass cannons. Generation V was probably the worst so far - Samurott just doesn't stand out, Emboar is a tad too slow and I haven't dared to go near Serperior.

The other three generations fall in the middle and it's quite hard to place them. Generation I and II have some nostalgic value for me, while Generation IV was somewhat better stat-wise yet didn't really stand out.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I think Generation 3 is the best since all three starters have decent stats and move pools.

The first generation is in my opinion by far the generation with the coolest starters. I love all three of them, and their evolutions. After that I'm not sure, but I'd say 2th generation because I loved Cyndaquil as much as Charmander, but after the first two generations i haven't really liked any of the fire starters. I greatly dislike Torchic and it's evolution line, I know alot of people like Blaziken but I really dislike it's design, but at the same time i think Treeko and its evolutionary line is awesome! In the fourth generation I really liked Turtwig and it's evolutionary line.

I guess I'd say I>II>III>IV>V. Can't comment on the VI starters since i haven't seen the evolutions, but they seem promising.
    Last edited by Zorgaz; 14th January 2013 at 2:25 PM.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

Edit: Sorry for double posting:
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast