Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread 2013 Edition

Probably more of a question than a suggestion, but I guess its both.

Is there any reason why we don't have avatars for 1st/2nd Gen Pokemon sprites? I mean, we have 1st/2nd gen trainer sprites, and all other generations pokemon shiny and non shiny, I'm just curious as to why the first two gens Pokemon sprites were never put up.
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

Serebii, I understand that you don't want us to custom sprites because it will fill up the server. But, you should let us use Gravatars. It is like a personal bank for our avatars. It's easier to manage all me avatar with this.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Serebii, I understand that you don't want us to custom sprites because it will fill up the server. But, you should let us use Gravatars. It is like a personal bank for our avatars. It's easier to manage all me avatar with this.
    This. If we were all allowed to use custom avatars, they wouldn't affect the Serebii server since they're stored on Gravatar's server.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 1,101 eggs
    Current Hunt:

also you could have it where people can have custom avatars but they have to be hosted on a image site like photobucket or servimg and we could also use and diamond and pearl skin and or a water type skin and the serebii.net style skin needs some adjustments it can be hard to see the gray text in the facebook social plugin on the main forum page

^done by Katsu Koneko doesnt this sig look cute
    If you think Dawn is cute, copy and paste THIS into your sig.(started by shiningsloth13)if you think dawn is hot, copy and paste this into your sig(started by empoleon49)<not IF its IS

Quote Originally Posted by Maylu Sakurai View Post
    we could also use and diamond and pearl skin and or a water type skin and the serebii.net style skin needs some adjustments it can be hard to see the gray text in the facebook social plugin on the main forum page
    paˇtience
    [pey-shuhns]
    noun
    the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
    an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
    quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.

Any other issues with the skin.. maybe if there was a discussion thread for skins where the person making them had repeatedly said to PM him with screen shots so he can fix any problems.. but alas.

Banner Count: 14

All right, I have a question: When the main site has new banners regularly, why can't the forums too have banner changes?
    And why don't we have Gen I and Gen II avatars?
    P.S.:Is an avatar search option really impossible?
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    I think Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa. Hoopa is more like... Kami trio master or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe it's a Pokemon and not a regional anything

All right, I have a question: When the main site has new banners regularly, why can't the forums too have banner changes?
    And why don't we have Gen I and Gen II avatars?
    P.S.:Is an avatar search option really impossible?
    For the first question, that's require changing each forum skin every time the site has a banner change, which wouldn't work that easily (different dimensions, they may clash with the rest of some themes, etc). Unless you mean give a new banner for each skin... in which it's again the same sort of problems. Nobody wants to go about changing the banner for what is currently around 20 different forum skins, especially when some may still get adjusting as it is.

Second - up to joe if they aren't actually there. =p And apparently it is! vB is not the greatest forum system in some regards. =/

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Oh, I forgot about the skins! The banner changes with the skin, doesn't it? My need is fulfilled, then! Thanks, bobandbill!
    And if that's not possible, then it's all right. Thanks again!
    Last edited by RzK; 7th March 2013 at 1:49 PM.
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    I think Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa. Hoopa is more like... Kami trio master or something...

I have a suggestion. Maybe avatars of all the dream world pokedolls? I think there are a few already, so why not do the rest?

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

When I send PMs and I want them saved in my outbox, I need to tick an option, right? Would it be possible to make it 'save in outbox' by default, rather than 'don't save in outbox'? I send a couple of PMs I'd like to keep saved and occasionally forget to tick the box ...

EDIT: Also, I'd like to suggest darkening or changing the colour of the URLS in the Black & White skin.

~Deadly
    Last edited by Deadly.Braviary; 18th March 2013 at 12:45 PM.

plot, bounty hunters, crazed tax collectors
    a journeyfic by the most improved writer of 2012, second place
    what more could you want?

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

OK I suggested this a while ago, but seeing as that was pretty much ignored I guess I'll try again.

I was thinking, how about we add an egg trading page to the trade froum. I mean it would make doing eggscrambles/egglockes easier for people and it's always fun to get an egg without knowing what's inside. And on the plus side it would be impossible for someone to scam it else because you'd have to trade an egg for an egg so that's a plus.
    3DS Friend Code: 0817-4257-9489

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly.Braviary View Post
    When I send PMs and I want them saved in my outbox, I need to tick an option, right? Would it be possible to make it 'save in outbox' by default, rather than 'don't save in outbox'? I send a couple of PMs I'd like to keep saved and occasionally forget to tick the box ...

EDIT: Also, I'd like to suggest darkening or changing the colour of the URLS in the Black & White skin.

~Deadly
    Idk what the default is for new members, but I do know you can change the setting of default via the my settings panel (Go to private messages, look on the left and select 'General Options' under the My Account table.)Or maybe the link would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowserboy129 View Post
    OK I suggested this a while ago, but seeing as that was pretty much ignored I guess I'll try again.

I was thinking, how about we add an egg trading page to the trade froum. I mean it would make doing eggscrambles/egglockes easier for people and it's always fun to get an egg without knowing what's inside. And on the plus side it would be impossible for someone to scam it else because you'd have to trade an egg for an egg so that's a plus.
    Better to ask the Trade Shop mods about it via PM (they are listed at the bottom of the section). I don't see much reason for not having one though... if by page you mean thread at any rate. (A new section for it wouldn't really work).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

reording the smilies

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    reording the smilies
    That's out of our control. Avatars and Smilies are re-ordered for some inexplicable reason by the forum system. We can't control it

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Idk what the default is for new members, but I do know you can change the setting of default via the my settings panel (Go to private messages, look on the left and select 'General Options' under the My Account table.)Or maybe the link would work.
    Whoops, completely overlooked this. Thanks
    And btw, I'm not a new member if that's what you meant. I've been around for close to three and a half years now :P

~Deadly

plot, bounty hunters, crazed tax collectors
    a journeyfic by the most improved writer of 2012, second place
    what more could you want?

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

1) Shipping posts count towards post count, yet discussion about Pokemon Snap, a real Pokemon game, doesn't. This needs to change.
    2) Oftentimes, I post in a thread expecting no further discussion on my part, but someone comes up with a valid point and replies, asking a discussion-provoking question. I'd never know and the thread could possibly die. There are many threads on this forum, and it's too much a hassle to check every one, when there are just as many forums. If, like on deviantArt or Twitter, when someone replies to you (with a "Reply with Quote"), you were to receive a notification, that'd be great. It doesn't have to pop up on your phone or anything, it can just wait there when you log back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

you can subscribe to threads and get an email about it if you want, but because of the way quoting works here we can't do notifications for that. the system physically won't let us and joe doesn't do hacks.

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I don't know where to post it so I'm going to post it here.
    I found something new in Join Avenue. Cheren came to my avenue and he said:" Now. I'm curious about places to help Pokemon grow"
    image.jpg
    I still have a photo for "Now" But I can't upload it.
    Thanks.
    EDIT: He likes the Dojo.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

Quote Originally Posted by Fireray View Post
    I don't know where to post it so I'm going to post it here.
    I found something new in Join Avenue. Cheren came to my avenue and he said:" Now. I'm curious about places to help Pokemon grow"
    image.jpg
    I still have a photo for "Now" But I can't upload it.
    Thanks.
    EDIT: He likes the Dojo.
    The B2W2 Forum would have been a better place to discuss a feature in B2W2 as oppose to the 'Forums Suggestions Thread', given that your post is 1) Not a suggestion and 2) Has nothing to do with the forums.

Banner Count: 14

Say, I think I remember that this forum is for like English speaking right? Like we can't use the Japanese names of the characters, yet the avatars are sometimes confusing coz some has the Japanese names. Just saying, nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    Say, I think I remember that this forum is for like English speaking right? Like we can't use the Japanese names of the characters, yet the avatars are sometimes confusing coz some has the Japanese names. Just saying, nya~
    It's a lot of work going through each of the avatars and renaming them, probably more work than it's worth imo. That and the difference between avatars using Japanese names and using Japanese names in posts is the fact that with avatars, you have a picture of the character or Pokemon above the name so even if you don't recognise the name 'Hikari' or whatever, by looking at the avatar you can see that it's Dawn. There's not really any need to rename the avatars since people typically browse and select avatars based on the image rather than the text below it.

I wanted to suggest that newbie members were unable of creating threads on the first week. There is a lot of people that create an account just to post non-Pokemon news in the GPD.

Could we start a new "Claim a Pokemon" thread? Sounds a bit ridiculous, but keep in mind the current thread closed "temporarily" over a year ago. I think at this point it would make more sense to start a new thread than to try to revive the current thread (and I use the term "current" very loosely here.)
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    I wanted to suggest that newbie members were unable of creating threads on the first week. There is a lot of people that create an account just to post non-Pokemon news in the GPD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
    Could we start a new "Claim a Pokemon" thread? Sounds a bit ridiculous, but keep in mind the current thread closed "temporarily" over a year ago. I think at this point it would make more sense to start a new thread than to try to revive the current thread (and I use the term "current" very loosely here.)
    These two are very necessary IMO.
    Also, one more suggestion. There should be a way in which we can vote up and down posts. There could be + and a - button on the side, next to the reply button.

Oh of course the newbies should have a limit on threads as suggested above. That, if implemented could potentially eradicate all trolls, adbots, spambots and anything in between! It will clear up a lot of clutter on the forum imho.
    ----

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast