Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread 2013 Edition

I don't know if this has been suggested already, but I'd personally love an iPhone app so I can get push notifications on my phone of when I get a PM on here.
    I love trading! X/Y ONLY NOW Anything you need or can offer me, please PM me!

Always interested in Shiny Trading, I love collecting them. So if you have shinies and interested in what I have to offer, PM me.

Pokemon X FC: 0087-2373-9227 (No more Fighting, Ground, Rock or Ice type Safari's.

& FC: 1864-9774-2101 (Open to all types)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny4893 View Post
    I don't know if this has been suggested already, but I'd personally love an iPhone app so I can get push notifications on my phone of when I get a PM on here.
    Yes, it's been suggested before and apparently, serebii doesn't like iOS -_-. So, he's not making an app.
    Well, the real reason he's not making an app is coz there is not enough traffic from iOS users to warrant an app.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Yes, it's been suggested before and apparently, serebii doesn't like iOS -_-. So, he's not making an app.
    Well, the real reason he's not making an app is coz there is not enough traffic from iOS users to warrant an app.
    And also, Serebii has considered it before but he said that there is a high chance Game Freak and Nintendo will blow up and send cease and desist notices everywhere and call for bans.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    I wanted to suggest that newbie members were unable of creating threads on the first week. There is a lot of people that create an account just to post non-Pokemon news in the GPD.
    That's a bad idea, and I'll tell you why. We'll get newbs spamming threads with pointless posts, who'll end up PMing Serebii saying "y can't I post new threads? ", and eventually we'll end up in a sea of confused, spamming newbies.

Also, how are they going to be able to introduce themselves in the Newbie Lounge if they can't post new threads?

It's also why I'm against the idea of x-number of posts to access other parts of the board - a user with 7 or 8 quality posts contributes much more to the site than a user with 2,000 posts that are all worthless.
    Last edited by Twentington; 27th April 2013 at 7:33 PM.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    I wanted to suggest that newbie members were unable of creating threads on the first week. There is a lot of people that create an account just to post non-Pokemon news in the GPD.
    Serebii has said before that he wont limit the posting ability of new members because he doesn't want to put people off when they join. Just because a member is new, doesn't mean that they can't instantly join in with a debate, or have joined specifically to get a team rated. And you are mixing up 'an account just to post non-Pokemon news in the GPD' with adbots.

does this sound like a good idea a thread for what if scenarios? one for the alternate anime and one for pokemon does that sound good at all?
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    does this sound like a good idea a thread for what if scenarios? one for the alternate anime and one for pokemon does that sound good at all?
    Good ideas for threads are judged on how many replies they get. This thread isn't here for us to tell you what to post.

I have a criticize about the forum. The fairy type has already been officially announced, and some threads were posted on GPD yesterday, but a moderator shut them all. If the fairy type were already officially announced, the moderator shouldn't have closed the threads as the fairy type is no longer speculation after the announcement.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 12th June 2013 at 8:32 PM.

@Mystical Jackal, I think threads were closed because special fairy type thread was created in X & Y Discussion.

This is just a minor typo, and I don't know if it can be fixed, but it says the following under the space where you enter your NNID.

"Enter your Nintendo Network ID for Miiverse and other Wii U features herre"
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

My personal suggestion is sorting the Avatars out. Get them in proper categories and organised in some sort of order. It takes a while to go through them to get who you want! haha!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    My personal suggestion is sorting the Avatars out. Get them in proper categories and organised in some sort of order. It takes a while to go through them to get who you want! haha!
    Not possible sadly as the avatar sorting system here cannot be customised or ordered properly. It's been something raised numerous times before.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Just a simple suggestion:
    Like Serebii added 331 new Avatars, but in a new, separate section (called Show Avatars: Best Wishes Season 2 i think) and added another 4 avatars taken from the X/Y First trailer back in January at that time in a new X/Y section, can't we have the Gen 6 Sugimori Art in a new Gen 6 Sugimori Art section? The current Sugimori Art section is huge and it is very difficult to search there if we want an avatar of any of the new Pokemon.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Would removing or shortening the wait time between posts be a good idea?

No, it's perfectly fine where it is. There's no reason for it to be extended unless your goal is to spam.

I would like to have the top 100 attack, defense, speed, hp,sp attack and sp defense pokemon page updated. it only contains the 4th and below gen and none of the 5th gen. I could understand if you would like to wait until the 6th gen has came out and update it then, but i would really love it if you updated the pages soon.

thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by meganuimfan1 View Post
    I would like to have the top 100 attack, defense, speed, hp,sp attack and sp defense pokemon page updated. it only contains the 4th and below gen and none of the 5th gen. I could understand if you would like to wait until the 6th gen has came out and update it then, but i would really love it if you updated the pages soon.

thanks for your time.
    We actually have a top 200, attached to our BW Pokédex. HP: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/stat/hp.shtml

This thread is for the forum, not the site.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Did any consider my suggestion, or even notice it?
    Thank you

I have claimed the Pigs!

Quote Originally Posted by RzK View Post
    Did any consider my suggestion, or even notice it?
    Thank you
    When ALL of the Gen 6 Sugimori Art is out, I expect it will have it's own section.

Maybe have the link on the left of a thread/section, where it shows the Newest post and what thread it's on, the link could be the first post of the thread, and the arrow could be the newest unread post? I always hate having to press first, just cause. IDK, I guess its just a pet peeve

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Maybe have the link on the left of a thread/section, where it shows the Newest post and what thread it's on, the link could be the first post of the thread, and the arrow could be the newest unread post? I always hate having to press first, just cause. IDK, I guess its just a pet peeve
    I don't understand what you're asking for here. A button that sends you to the start of the thread? Or one that sends you to the newest post?

For the original post of Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread, are there any proof of Ho-oh being featured in actual X/Y gameplay or bobandbill just misinteperated the PokéJungle post for July 7th Smash? Because I couldn't find anything(shots, gif, video etc.).
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

For the original post of Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread, are there any proof of Ho-oh being featured in actual X/Y gameplay or bobandbill just misinteperated the PokéJungle post for July 7th Smash? Because I couldn't find anything(shots, gif, video etc.).
    Firstly, wrong thread. This thread is for suggesting things for the forums, not asking about info in a thread.

Secondly, I wouldn't know! I made the thread but other mods have been updating info too, so that bit of info was not mine. You're really better off just asking this in the thread itself rather than in an irrelevant thread in a completely different forum section.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

I have a suggestion - I think that posts on poll forums should indeed be added to the postcount, I mean, to be honest I really don't see why they don't get added anyway, so if there is a reason can someone please enlighten me? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro-Chaos X View Post
    I have a suggestion - I think that posts on poll forums should indeed be added to the postcount, I mean, to be honest I really don't see why they don't get added anyway, so if there is a reason can someone please enlighten me? Thanks.
    The polls are basically filled with nearly nothing but short replies like "I like the Water type" and it helps seperates them from threads that usually have more quality filled posts. If something like this was removed then threads like "Pangoro, Beartic, or Ursaring" and related would be everywhere and be a source for those who want to increase their postcounts. It also makes the subforums like the General Pokémon discussion more cleaner with no worrying on too many threads on one subforum.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 5th August 2013 at 3:58 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast