Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread 2013 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    The polls are basically filled with nearly nothing but short replies like "I like the Water type" and it helps seperates them from threads that usually have more quality filled posts. If something like this was removed then threads like "Pangoro, Beartic, or Ursaring" and related would be everywhere and be a source for those who want to increase their postcounts. It also makes the subforums like the General Pokémon discussion more cleaner with no worrying on too many threads on one subforum.
    Ah right that makes sense, I never really thougt about it that way lol. I guess it is for the best that it stays the way it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I don't understand what you're asking for here. A button that sends you to the start of the thread? Or one that sends you to the newest post?

They're asking if "Dex Speculation/Discussion" could link to the first page of the thread and the arrow (>>) could link to the newest post, instead of the text linking to the newest post and the arrow linking to the last page (:

A little nitpick, but on the new XY forum skin, if you click Notifications in the upper bar, the "No new messages" text (right above where it says Inbox) is written in black, on a background of a very dark blue. It's really hard to read, so might I suggest that the text be changed to white?
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf
    I don't understand what you're asking for here. A button that sends you to the start of the thread? Or one that sends you to the newest post?
    Sorry, late response... XD I'm saying that there's a button to bring you to the newest post, but how about one to bring you to the first post/first unread post? This way you don't need to keep clicking through threads until you find yours, plus, you can go to the most recent unviewed post without scrolling. It may seem pointless but I think that it'd be helpful.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

hey, I have a request, maybe you should add a thing on the game mechanices talking about the attack before the physical/speacil split, maybe I am out of line, but it could help us pokemon nerds to get a better grasp on pokemon before the split

What about the option to use your own picture for an avatar?

Also why are the avatar's not aranged?

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post

Also why are the avatar's not aranged?
    It's been explained repeatedly (including the first post that I'm sure everyone read) that the server space required and serve strain would be far, far greater and more debilitating than any minimal value custom avatars might provide, and that precise organization of the set avatars simply doesn't stick with vBulletin.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 13th August 2013 at 7:59 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The way this works for VB was not viable option in the past for as many Members as we get. Staff being a Small group can be easily Managed.

There are two reasons in the past we have: 1. Control of the Avatar images. Offensive Images require Admins to remove.
    2. Server Issues. The Way VB works is that it copies the Avatar to the same Server as the forums, even if you have an image host for it. In the Past, Serebii.net, was Laggy, adding avatars would have made the Server More Laggy.

We have that made as many Avatars available for people to use.

Also why are the avatar's not arranged?
    They are on the server, but there is a Automatic Randomiser in place when you get to pick a Avatar. To date, we've not found it, therefore not removed it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

since i can't find this, should a thread about the last seconds of that video with all the past games be made? Because if it is what i think it is, it's the most bada55 thing ever, a pokemon fighting game!!!!! I think most people would like that and would like to discuss that, in an appropriate thread.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

We don't know what it is. I doubt it's a fighting game. All discussion of it can go into the news thread or the site update thread about it until we know what it is

I've been in this forum for under a month mostly for trading. Love it. But I wonder if there could be a use for a trading thread dedicated to Foreign Pokemon. Pokemon from other regions makes for good collections as well as MMing. I'll always trade for Foreigns but I'm not looking for specific ones you know? Just a small little thing that I would think is cool. Others I don't know. Thanks!
    3DS FC 3780-9100-5377

Looking for Non-Kalos legends for Dex only.

I would like to suggest that you make more folders for avatars. I know that you guys have some problems with putting them in order and it can be very hard for users to find the one you are looking for.
    As an example you could devide the Sugimori folder (with more than 700 avatars) into region (Sugimori - Jotho, artwork from GSC,HGSS), generation (Sugimori - gen IV, artwork from DPPt, HGSS) or by game (Sugimori - HGSS, only artwork from HGSS).
    It would take the staff some time to get it done, but I think it would be very appreciated by the users.

Just a suggestion as some of the folders are very huge and hard to navigate in.

Is there any chance of having the shiny Creation Trio art as avatars?

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    I would like to suggest that you make more folders for avatars. I know that you guys have some problems with putting them in order and it can be very hard for users to find the one you are looking for.
    As an example you could devide the Sugimori folder (with more than 700 avatars) into region (Sugimori - Jotho, artwork from GSC,HGSS), generation (Sugimori - gen IV, artwork from DPPt, HGSS) or by game (Sugimori - HGSS, only artwork from HGSS).
    It would take the staff some time to get it done, but I think it would be very appreciated by the users.

Just a suggestion as some of the folders are very huge and hard to navigate in.
    That would be appreciated greatly.

I'm a member of another forum for a manga (you can probably guess which forum) and they have annual character tournaments. These tournaments are very cool, and surprisingly I have not seen any flaming, or any real fighting, besides friendly debates over characters they campaign for. Which is why I think it'd be cool if Serebii had an annual Pokemon Tournament, where members nominate their favorite Pokemon, and vote for Pokemon until there is only 1 left. I think it fits the Pokemon theme of competition and battling. One thing I notice is how it really unites the community, and it's really just fun to see who will win!
    Fc: 5027 9186 9288

hello

Double posting to bump and to see if anyone took my suggestion into consideration, I'm curious.

hello

Quote Originally Posted by demnz View Post
    I'm a member of another forum for a manga (you can probably guess which forum) and they have annual character tournaments. These tournaments are very cool, and surprisingly I have not seen any flaming, or any real fighting, besides friendly debates over characters they campaign for. Which is why I think it'd be cool if Serebii had an annual Pokemon Tournament, where members nominate their favorite Pokemon, and vote for Pokemon until there is only 1 left. I think it fits the Pokemon theme of competition and battling. One thing I notice is how it really unites the community, and it's really just fun to see who will win!
    Not to sound rude, we've got other thing on our minds. You should be aware that we're getting ready for the biggest game of the year that this forum looks at.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I would like the ability to edit the titles of threads I make.
    Sometimes I make an error that I don't see in time, or I think of a better title.
    Or is that going to be mod-exclusive forever?
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Not to sound rude, we've got other thing on our minds. You should be aware that we're getting ready for the biggest game of the year that this forum looks at.
    Oh ok. Again, it was just a suggestion. Maybe when news/gaming is slow hopefully this can be taken into consideration.

hello

you do know we have a faceoffs forum under games right? you can make something like that there if you want as long as it follows the rules.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    you do know we have a faceoffs forum under games right? you can make something like that there if you want as long as it follows the rules.
    I am aware of its existence, but it's a very negligible subforum that receives very little attention. I was thinking of something of a grander scale, that would maybe have its own forum. Everyone would see it right away and it would just be a fun, competitive forum wide event to be organized by the forum moderator/trusted members.

But again it was just a suggestion. If the mods do not think this was a good idea/have too much on their plate then I don't mind, I was just sharing is all.

hello

i really dont think we would have one that is forum-wide. we have so many different subforums and subgroups it's nearly impossible to get everyone united for something like that. it's like pulling teeth to make people even read the general announcements that affect the entire forum.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Is there any way for you to fix the annoying name placement in VM conversations?

I don't think it appears on other styles but it's kind of irritating to have certain avatars pushing the username below them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Is there any way for you to fix the annoying name placement in VM conversations?

I don't think it appears on other styles but it's kind of irritating to have certain avatars pushing the username below them.
    Yeah, that happened for me on the Grass Style also.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Default Idea: make each club a seperate subforum. Inspired or complete nonsense?

Hello everyone. I am close to starting a club of my own on the Serebii forum. I plan to launch it within the next few days and hopefully it will get approval from the moderators.

This is not why I'm speaking to you all today. I have a little question to ask and would love to hear peoples' opinions.

Obviously, by reading the thread title, my question is this; would it be a good idea to make each club a subforum?

Now, I understand that it would make Serebii a little bit on the disorganized side, with subforums of subforums, but it would be worth it I feel. Let me explain where my head is at.

The advantage of having each club it's own separate subforum would be that it would allow different threads with different topics (all with the same general subject) to be posted within each club.

At the minute each club is nothing but a single thread. This means that many different topics, and even things like club application forms are mixed together in a single, absolutely gigantic thread. As a result, things get really confusing and these club threads end up becoming absolutely huge, consisting of many pages. Wading through over eight pages of dialogue can be really disorientating, especially when you want to check if your application has been processed, or the club owner has started a new topic, etc.

Please note that is in no way a criticism of the Serebii Forum staff, and I'm not trying to tell them how to do their jobs. It is just a feature that I would love to see on the forum.

Does anybody else share my opinion? Does anybody think I'm a nutter and completely disagree with this thread? Comments are welcome.

Regards,

James.

Pokemon clans already exist. There is no need to give them their own subforums.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast