Thread: Shipping Oscars 2015 - Results Posted

Default Shipping Oscars 2015 - Results Posted

Shipping Oscars
    Celebrating the Best of 2015

It's that time of year again! Time to take a look back at the previous year's offerings in this section to reflect and celebrate—the Shipping Oscars!

Special thanks to the past hosts: Meowth City, Skiyomi, Encyclopika, Water Spirit, shadow_shipper and Uzumaki Hinata.

We'll be following the same drill as last year and head straight to the vote. All the eligible stories/people have already been listed out in their appropriate categories. All you have to do is cast your vote. Eligible stories = stories that were updated at some point during the year 2015. That means even if your story was started in, say, 2010, as long as you’ve posted a chapter in 2015, your story is eligible for this year’s Oscars.

How do you vote? Simple enough. Just send me a PM telling me which folks you’d like to vote for. BAM! Done. The deadline for voting is March 1st, 2016, which means you’ve got some extra time to get some reading in even if you haven’t already checked a lot of these out. So please do vote!

And when you vote, you'll get a nice picture frame with your name and pairing of your choice on it to proudly show your participation:

I've also made some Shipping Oscars 2015 banners if you'd like to display them in your signature to spread the word about the competition. Feel free to use them, if you'd like.

Spoiler:- Shipping Oscars Graphics:

Rules
    • All forum and sub-forum rules apply.
    • Vote by sending me a PM, not by posting here.
    • You cannot vote for yourself.
    • Vote based on the quality of the work, not on how you feel about the author as a person. Do not vote for someone just because they’re your friend.
    • If you have any questions regarding the event, don't post them here. Just send me a PM.
    • When you vote, you can vote for as many or as few categories as you want. But only one vote per category.
    • You can vote for the same fic multiple times as long as long as it’s for different categories. (Ex. Say a fic was up for Best MultiShipping Fic, Best Oneshot, and Best Fic—you could vote for it in each category if you wanted to.) Same goes for authors/reviewers.
    • You can sig campaign for this. As in, write "Vote for my/so-in-so's story in such-and-such category in the 2015 Shipping Oscars!" or something of the like in your signature, and I do encourage you to spread the word to your friends about this contest but... be ethical about it, kay? Don't attempt to coerce people who haven't even read your fic to vote for it or get your friends to vote for you--you'll be looking at disqualification and a possible infraction for sending unsolicited messages/advertising if you do.

Well, there's been enough stalling. On to the main event! The following posts will contain the categories you'll be voting for and the people up for the awards. Happy reading and happy voting!

Categories and Contenders

(Please note that I'm a flawed human being and if there are mistakes, misspellings, misplacement or miscategorizations on this list then you have only to PM me and let me know and I'll fix 'em)

Best Advanceshipping Fic

Spoiler:- Contenders:

Best Amourshipping Fic

Best Multishipping Fic

Best Other Fic

Best Non-Pokemon Fic

Best Amourshipping Drabble

Best GlobalAppealshipping Drabble

Best Hoennshipping Drabble

Best Ikarishipping Drabble

Best Othelloshipping Drabble

Best Pearlshipping Drabble

Best Specialshipping Drabble

Best Other Male/Female Drabble

Best Other Male/Male Drabble

Best Pokemon/Pokemon Drabble

Best Drabble

Best Drabble Author

Last edited by xEryChan; 27th February 2016 at 5:22 AM.

Best One Shot

Best Collection

Best Multi-Chaptered Fic

Best Fic

Best Timeless Fic:

Best Reviewer:

Best Author

Last edited by xEryChan; 22nd February 2016 at 12:55 PM.

Quick question: Do I have to cast all of my votes in one PM? For example, can I send you one PM voting on the best drabbles, and then send you another PM voting on the best fics? The reason why I'm asking is that I may only have the time to vote on the drabbles, and if I can send a second PM voting on the fics once I've read them that would be nice.

EDIT: I apologize for asking the question in this thread rather than through PM. Should I delete this post?
    Last edited by American--Pi; 22nd February 2016 at 3:39 AM.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that there is only a week left until the voting period ends so if you haven't gotten your votes in yet, you have until next Tuesday to get them in. So hurry up and send your votes in to me while you still can.

I also want to thank everyone who has participated and voted so far and making this event possible.

Okay, so the deadline for voting is up. Again, I just want to thank everyone who has participated and voted. It's thanks to you guys that this contest is possible.

I'm gonna start making the prizes as soon as I get home this afternoon.

I don't mean to sound pushy, but are we going to get our results soon? It's been a whole month and still nothing

Edit: xEryChan has replied. Thank you my friend for explaining the situation. Again I'm sorry if I sounded pushy, but now I know what's going on
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 31st March 2016 at 6:24 PM.
    It's not a good idea to get too emotionally invested in the repetitive 20-year-old commercial that markets the Pokemon games. Be invested in the actual Pokemon games instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    I don't mean to sound pushy, but are we going to get our results soon? It's been a whole month and still nothing
    To be honest, I'd like to second this...

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    To be honest, I'd like to second this...
    Third this; I was going to keep quiet as a similar thing happened last year due to computer problems, but I'm not so sure here...
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Sorry for the delay with the results. I had some computer problems but everything is settled now and I should be posting them sometime this week. I apologize again.

EDIT: The results are up now. I'm rushed like crazy to get these up but that's because I knew I wouldn't be able to get them up tomorrow. Again, I apologize for the delay with getting them up. I had some problems with computer, mostly photoshop. For some reason, it kept crashing when I tried to open the program so I had to delete the program and reinstall all over again. I would have had the prizes up a lot sooner. But all that aside, I had a blast hosting this year's oscars and I would like to thank the previous hosts, Meowth City and Skiyomi. And of course all of you. Without you, this event wouln't be possible. Until next time, guys, peace! Ery out!
    Last edited by xEryChan; 1st April 2016 at 5:07 AM.

2015 Shipping Oscars Results

Best Advanceshipping Fic of 2015

And the winner is..

Masquerade by Midnightmoon6o2!

Congratulations!

Best Amourshipping Fic of 2015

And the winner is..

Lots of Fish In The Sea... But Not That One by RobSp1derp1g!

Congratulations!

Best Multishipping Fic of 2015

Once Upon A Heavy Crown by ChloboShoka!

Congratulations!

Best Other Fic of 2015

And the winner is..

Ash of Vegeance by ChloboShoka

Congratulations!

Best Non-Pokemon Fic of 2015

And the winner is..

Encryption by Kutie Pie

Congratulations!

Best Amourshipping Drabble of 2015

And the winner is...

The Handerchief by American-Pi

Congratulations!

Best GlobalAppealshipping Drabble of 2015

And the winner is..

Stage Presence by MonMonCandie

Congratulations!

Best Hoennshipping Drabble of 2015

And the winner is...

Coming Through by xEryChan

Congratulations!

Best Ikarishipping Drabble of 2015

And the winner is..

Goodbye Is Forever by Moonlight Amaryllis

Congratulations!

Best Othelloshipping Drabble of 2015

And the winner is...

What Trainers Do by Victorian Rush

Congratulations!

Best Pearlshipping Drabble of 2015

And the winner is...

A Wasted Chance by matthew11

Congratulations!

Best Specialshipping Drabble of 2015

And the winner is...

In Search for Red by matthew11

Congratulations!

Best Other Male/Female Drabble of 2015

And the winner is...

Inviting Invitations by xEryChan

Congratulations!

Best Male/Male Drabble of 2015

And the winner is...

This Mess We've Made by Moonlight Amaryllis

Congratulations!

Best Pokemon/Pokemon Drabble of 2015

And the winner is...

Good For by Moonlight Amaryllis

Congratulations!

Best Drabble of 2015

And the winner is...

I Won't Stand in Your Way by xEryChan

Congratulations!

Best Drabble Author of 2015

And the winner is..

xEryChan

Congratulations!

Best One Shot of 2015

And the winner is...

Heavenly Knights White Diamonds and Pink Lotus in Bullet Hell

Congratulations!

Best Collection of 2015

And the winner is..

Project Valentine by SugarPesticide

Congratulations!

Best Multi Chaptered Fic of 2015

And the winner is...

Ash of Vengeance by ChloboShoka

Congratulations!

Best Fic of 2015

And the winner is..

Congratulations!

Best Timeless Fic

And the winner is...

Except Me by Mel-Girl

Congratulations!

Best Reviewer of 2015

And the winner is...

ChloboShoka

Congratulations!

Best Author of 2015

And the winner is...

American--Pi

Congratulations!

And that's it's folks. Congrats to everyone who won. I apologize for the delay with getting this up. Hopefully you all forgive me.

I didn't win anything. Aw, that's okay. I decided to quit writing anyway. Not interested so much in it anymore, and going by these results I apparently suck at it

Congratulations to the winners!
    It's not a good idea to get too emotionally invested in the repetitive 20-year-old commercial that markets the Pokemon games. Be invested in the actual Pokemon games instead!

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    Best Othelloshipping Drabble of 2015

And the winner is...

What Trainers Do by Victorian Rush

I actually won something? Oh my gosh, I am just completely overjoyed right now. Thank you so much to everyone who voted for me. You have no idea just how happy this made me. I love you all.

Congrats to everyone else who won.

So, I decidedx to drop by like I do every day, and I see that the results have been posted...
    And I see my name as one of the winners... in the story I last expected to win... I guess people like to see Ben and Serena (not the one in the Pokémon franchise).
    Well, there's more coming...

But honestly, thank you all for voting for my fic, it means more than you know...
    FC: 1478-7022-0424 (AS, IGN: Roberto) PM ME IF YOU ADD ME!!

My fics:
    What Happens... (Amour, CHAPTER 5 UP) | The Book (Amour)
    The Laws of Science and Rollerskating (LaserBlade, links to "What Happens") | Night Shift (Amour)

AND ALSO

Visit my RedBubble store and buy something if you want. Pretty please...
    Just a bit more and I can buy Pokémon Sun and Moon...
    NOW WITH ALOLAN T-SHIRTS!!

I didn't win anything. Aw, that's okay. I decided to quit writing anyway. Not interested so much in it anymore, and going by these results I apparently suck at it

I don't think you suck at writing! Just because you don't win any yearly awards on a Pokemon forum doesn't mean that you suck at writing. If you enjoy writing, by all means keep doing it, and the only way to improve is to keep writing. If you really aren't interested in writing it's okay to take a break for a while, but don't think you suck by any means!

Anyways, wow, I won Best Author! I was definitely not expecting that, and I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm overjoyed that "The Handkerchief" won Best AmourShipping Drabble, too. Thanks for everyone who voted for me, and I'd like to give a big congratulations to all the winners.

xEryChan, thank you so much for hosting this year's Shipping Oscars and making lovely prizes. I do have some suggestions on how to make next year's Shipping Oscars even better, though. Firstly, I would suggest there only to be a category if two or more authors contributed to that category. For example, it wouldn't be fair if you could just write two drabbles for a rare pairing and get guaranteed a prize for one of them. Secondly, next time can we have weekly updates on the status of the prizes? It would make waiting for the results easier.

(As a side note: Not gonna lie, I'd actually love to host next year's Shipping Oscars, if non-mods are allowed to host. I make graphics and own an art shop, and I just personally think I'd be a pretty good host. Just putting this out there. )

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    2015 Shipping Oscars Results
    Best Multishipping Fic of 2015

Once Upon A Heavy Crown by ChloboShoka!

Congratulations!

Best Other Fic of 2015

And the winner is..

Ash of Vegeance by ChloboShoka

Congratulations!

Best Multi Chaptered Fic of 2015

And the winner is...

Congratulations!

Best Fic of 2015

And the winner is..

Congratulations!

Best Reviewer of 2015

And the winner is...

ChloboShoka

Congratulations!
    I had a really good weekend. I went to London and saw Babymetal and also did some fine dining and shopping. Also watched the ace attorney anime and then coming back to Serebii after a busy and exciting weekend, this has been really nice. I think Ash Of Vengeance is one of the only or at least few pokeshipping fics on Serebii last year, it's nice that it's won some awards. As for Once Upon A Crown, I haven't updated it in a while, I think I should now.

I didn't expect to be the best reviewer since I haven't really reviewed a lot of fics like I used to. So that was also a nice surprise. It's been another great year, I think it's so nice because everybody gets a chance to win just by taking part in the community.

I don't think you suck at writing, tbh. Just because you didn't win anything it doesn't mean you suck at it. Do you know how long it took for me to win something after I started writing? Last year was the first year I won something. So don't give up. Who knows, you might win something next year.

Congrats to everyone who won, you deserve it.

I didn't win anything this year and after considering it for a while, I've decided to stop writing completely. I just don't have the time to now and there is no sense on forcing myself to continue, giving that I can't give the readers what they want. I'm terribly sorry everyone.

Big thank you to Ery for being such a great host and making such fabulous prizes.

Tumblr | Matt's Secret Base | Author's Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 4871-6086-4217

American--Pi brought up a good question about if non-mods are allowed to host Shipping Oscars or not. I feel like there could be back-up hosts or at least back-up award creators if problems arise. I'm not going to lie, it was a little worrying to not get word about it when I know the Shipping Oscars have always been pretty good about deadlines compared to the Fanfiction Awards, at least the past few years, anyway. You did your best, xErychan, you were a fine host, this year just didn't go as planned for your debut, and I hope it goes better the next time you host (I don't know if you and Meowth City have made plans to switch every year).

To the winners, congratulations, this was an interesting turn-out. Some categories were a little harder to vote on than others--I only chose a small handful to vote in this year because of it. One of the few votes I remember casting in was RobSp1derp1g's AmourShipping one-shot, and while I'm not an advocate for AmourShipping itself, I'm pleased it won. It was a cute, easy read.

I'm frankly not surprised to win the "Non-Pokémon" category, at least I now know for sure people are reading it. I mean, I know Digimon fans are on here, but since my readers are all anonymous, I can't reach out to them. I'm more happy Ysavvryl won "Best One-Shot", I just don't know if she'll ever see that she won something, she hasn't logged in for a year, so even if a PM was sent to her about it, she wouldn't have seen it. I know she's still more active on FFN, so I'll contact her through there and let her know about it. It might surprise her or something, lol.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Hi all! Sorry for being late to the party, but I want to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and a massive THANK YOU to xEryChan for hosting this year's Shipping Oscars! I feel so bad for not contributing to this event, but I have been super busy and despite some hiccups, it was a good turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    xEryChan, thank you so much for hosting this year's Shipping Oscars and making lovely prizes. I do have some suggestions on how to make next year's Shipping Oscars even better, though. Firstly, I would suggest there only to be a category if two or more authors contributed to that category. For example, it wouldn't be fair if you could just write two drabbles for a rare pairing and get guaranteed a prize for one of them. Secondly, next time can we have weekly updates on the status of the prizes? It would make waiting for the results easier
    Agreed on both points. I think we can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    American--Pi brought up a good question about if non-mods are allowed to host Shipping Oscars or not. I feel like there could be back-up hosts or at least back-up award creators if problems arise. I'm not going to lie, it was a little worrying to not get word about it when I know the Shipping Oscars have always been pretty good about deadlines compared to the Fanfiction Awards, at least the past few years, anyway. You did your best, xErychan, you were a fine host, this year just didn't go as planned for your debut, and I hope it goes better the next time you host (I don't know if you and Meowth City have made plans to switch every year).
    I am happy to open the door for non-mods to host the Oscars or create awards. It is certainly something we will consider.