Thread: Mixed Uber sweepers of doom

Default Mixed Uber sweepers of doom

I am entirely new to 6v6 battles, but i came up with what I think is an awesome Uber tier team. Basically it has a bunch of sweepers hoping to outright decimate teams, and with different methods of sweeping in each pokemon, I think it has a lot of potential, even without a entry hazard user. Here is the epic team:

Kyogre (couldn't add pics)

EVS: 252 HP, 252 SP.ATK, 4 SPEED, item: choice specs, nature: modest
    Moves: Hydro Pump, Water Spout, Thunder, Ice beam
    ability: drizzle

Kyogre, the awesome rain-setter upper and an insane sweeper on its own. Choice specs makes Kyogre's sp.atk over 600, which is outrageous, but it also has bulk. A specs water spout in the rain is enough or nearly enough to KO, or maybe even 2HKO resistors like shaymin and Ferro, I dunno. If I am afraid of my HP draining below 80% and don't want to switch, Hydro Pump can be used instead. Thunder and Ice beam are for good coverage against weaknesses or resistors.

Manaphy

EVS: 252 speed, 252 sp.atk, 4 hp, item: life orb, nature: timid
    Moves: Surf, Ice beam, calm mind, rest
    ability: hydration

Manaphy combined with hydration and drizzle bring it forces to be reckoned with. It can never be status-stalled in the rain, making tail glow a safer setup, and can recover all hp in one turn, so life orb damage doesn't have to be so bad. plus, it gets a suped up surf and a great move in ice beam for coverage. calm mind is a great way to stall out special attackers and get some boosts in sp.atk., and a good speed stat to outrun a lot of its deadliest foes, except for a choice scarf zekrom. hopefully it still has its status resistance too! Since it has okay natural bulk, it can probably survive most hits especially if they are special attacks.

Shaymin Sky

Moves: seed flare, earth power, air slash, hidden power ice
    ability: serene grace

A great ability, great offensive and speed capabilities and diverse movepool make shaymin sky one hell of an annoying sweeper. Capable of outrunning a @##^&^$ swellow means it can flinch stall to an annoying rate with air slash, and is a good STAB. Seed flare is probably the best move in existence, it has a whopping 120 power boosted by STAB, 85 accuracy and a WHOPPING 80% chance to lower the opponent's sp.def by half! BY FREAKING HALF! That can get rid of multiscale and light screens, for crying out loud. Earth power and hidden power ice round out the set with such great coverages that they can almost (added in reply to many posts) NEVER be resisted by an existing pokemon!

Mewtwo

moves: aura sphere, psystrike, ice beam, calm mind
    ability: pressure

Mewtwo serves as another quick and deadly sweeper even better stat wise than shaymin. Once it sets up a calm mind, it starts obliterating everything, even the specially bulky chanseys and blisseys who could do pretty well against the rest of my team. It can counter ferros, dialgas, zekroms, lugias, and the like with its great movepool. It even has pretty good bulk to take a couple or a few hits, although being a psychic is kind of annoying resistance wise.

Jirachi

evs: 252 speed, 252 atk., 4 hp, item: choice scarf, nature: adamant
    moves: Iron head, fire punch, drain punch, U-turn
    ability: serene grace

So you see me now with two fast, flinch stallers, with different purposes. Jirachi is a great way to chew holes through teams and acts as a good anytime-I-need-it kind of pokemon. Able to revenge-kill like a champ, build residual damage with U-turn, healing hp and surprising teams with drain punch and covering scizors and ferros with fire punch, especially if the rain is replaced with sun. It can outspeed most other choice scarf sets and is probably going to be a good asset.

Latios

evs: 252 speed, 252 sp.atk, 4 hp, item: Soul Dew (now I know it's legal), nature: timid
    moves: Draco meteor, hidden power fire, psyshock, thunderbolt
    ability: levitate

a pokemon able to set up after rain has ended and a specially defensive wall breaker in one, also sporting its own trump card, the soul dew boosted draco meteor. This will obliterate almost anybody without weather, but losing sp.atk does kind of suck. My hope is always to knock out 1-2 pokes with the coverages and an extra with draco meteor before getting walled or KO'ed.

There's my team in its entirety
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LatiosKing2216; 11th January 2013 at 12:20 AM.

You have an ok team so far; I have some suggestions to help fix some stuff up. You are rather weak to Extreemekiller Arceus, so I would add something that would be able to kill it such as Arceus-steel over Jirachi. Also use soul dew over dragon gem since it is a permanent multiplier and it also increases special defence.
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

Earth Power and Hidden Power ice can never be resisted by existing pokemon? Dude, Cryogonal called, and he want to tell you his Mono-Ice type and levitate resists that combo. Rotom Wash came over an said the same thing with its water type and levitate
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

Quote Originally Posted by silverangel View Post
    Earth Power and Hidden Power ice can never be resisted by existing pokemon? Dude, Cryogonal called, and he want to tell you his Mono-Ice type and levitate resists that combo. Rotom Wash came over an said the same thing with its water type and levitate
    I am talking about with seed flare and air slash, too. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Bronzong called, he resists that.

I agree with adding steel arceus over jirachi.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Chaos View Post
    You have an ok team so far; I have some suggestions to help fix some stuff up. You are rather weak to Extreemekiller Arceus, so I would add something that would be able to kill it such as Arceus-steel over Jirachi. Also use soul dew over dragon gem since it is a permanent multiplier and it also increases special defence.
    Uh, soul dew is banned. As such, the dragon gem is the best legit thing I have (along with another life orb)

I may have jirachi have stealth rocks instead of drain punch. jirachi is my poke to resist the arceus's that dare to use extremespeed. I am also thinking of a subset jirachi that's more bulky with substitute, calm mind, thunder, that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Bronzong called, he resists that.

I agree with adding steel arceus over jirachi.
    You're right, I totally forgot! whoops, good point. I LIKE JIRACHI!!!! I AM NOT REPLACING IT!!!! Okay, maybe if he really doesn't work. If bronzong has heatproof, than actually no, he doesn't resist the set.
    Last edited by LatiosKing2216; 10th January 2013 at 8:44 PM.

Uh, soul dew is banned.
    Not in Ubers it's not.

I'd also like to point out that you have absolutely no defense in any form. I've only ever played Balanced Uber teams but my defensive Pokemon have saved my life more times than I can count. Still, if this works...

I've used the same Manaphy set myself, although I used Calm Mind over Tail Glow. Manaphy's not actually all that bulky by Uber standards and I found that more often than not it was KOed before it could set up. Scarf Palkia is what was recommended to me, and it did wonders for my team. Here's the set:

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Pressure
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    -Draco Meteor
    -Hydro Pump
    -Thunder
    -Spacial Rend

Oh by the way, Rotom-H is mad y'all forgot him, he resists that set too.
    Last edited by loco1234; 10th January 2013 at 9:26 PM.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Cool!!! I CAN USE FREAKING SOUL DEW!!! YES!!!

- Honestly, I want to use defensive pokemon and defensive evs that set up entry hazards and status stall but it's not exactly my area of expertise. Although I think I could run a bulkier Jirachi. Honestly, when I made the Manaphy set, I was debating the calm mind, but now I know its natural bulk isn't enough, I will run the calm mind set instead. With Rest it's probably much better anyway.

Sorry, Rotom-H! Let me rephrase that line about the set. It's ALMOST unresisted

about Palkia, i may try it. It sounds like a good set and could take advantage of rain. It also means that I could run a bulky jirachi a little better, too.
    Last edited by LatiosKing2216; 11th January 2013 at 12:28 AM.