Thread: Anti Meta

Default Anti Meta

Hey Guys, this is my first RMT I've posted in a while. So sit back and enjoy

=== [oucurrent] Anti Meta ===

Tyranitar (M) @ Grass Gem
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam
    - Earth Power

TTar is basically my suicide lead. When rain teams see him they lead with there polities which gets owned on the first turn by HP Grass. SR is for support and Ice beam and Earth power are there in case of emergency.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Force
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Rock Polish
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn

Since most people think landorus is always special I decided that I would take advantage of the sand and LO to deal some big damage.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 224 SDef / 248 HP / 36 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Recover
    - Heal Bell
    - Substitute
    - Earth Power

Celebi is my specially defensive wall. It can set up on everything and murder it. Also, since it is so scarce in the meta of today it can take many foes by surprise.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Earth Power
    - Overheat
    - Roar

He basically just roars stuff out until a sweeper comes that is weak to earth/ice/fire. Since they think you are defensive you can really knock them down easily.

Slowbro (M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Toxic
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Grass Knot

He does so much for this team it's unbelievable. He will stop anything physical not named bare loom and destroy him.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Ice Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Earthquake

Just a filler that pulls the team together with his priority.

Anyways hope you guys had a merry holiday!

From,
    The Pwner
    Last edited by The Pwner; 11th January 2013 at 7:55 AM.

Creds to Trickster44

I don't have time for a full rate now, but I can see a few things immediately. That T-tar doesn't really seem viable, Politoed still outspeeds and Focus Blast OHKOs if it hits, while Hydro Pump comes close. It might still OHKO, I haven't been in that situation in a while and I haven't run a calc for it. I'd go for a more standard set.

The Heatran.... Scarf + Roar? If there ever was a bad combiation, it's that.... Roar has negative priority for starters, so you're still going last most of the time. Second, even when something weak to Fire, Ground or Ice comes out you will not be able to do anything bar Roar it out.

Also, on a Sand team everyone expects Sand Force Landorus, at least in my experience. Special variants are typically only used on Weatherless and non-Sand teams. People'll see your T-Tar and that Lando loses the element of surprise it had.
    Last edited by loco1234; 11th January 2013 at 6:13 PM.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

In addition, eviolite on Slowbro doesn't work. It only works on NFE pokemon. just sayin'. Use leftovers instead. And replace grass knot for something else. Water types aren't the most important thing you want to kill. Use either fire blast to roast steel types or ice beam for dragons.
    When looking at the whole team, you don't pack much speed. Only scarf Heatran is there, but it is not that hard to wall, and as loco said, your strategy using scarf and roar doesn't work. Sweepers with high speed can swipe through your whole team, for example mixed Infernape or a calm mind Lati@s. Making Landorus Jolly would help a bit, though I would suggest replacing one of your team members.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Slowbro's not NFE. Good catch.

Yeah, Slowpoke has 2 final forms, not a second and third form. Slowbro doesn't get Eviolite boosts, since Slowking evolves from Slowpoke, not Slowbro.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

Roar has a -6 priority so there's no use to using Roar there. Perhaps Dragon Pulse or Fire Blast / Flamethrower for late game situations. Also change Conkeldurr's ability to Iron Fist as only Ice Punch would get a Sheer Force boost. Slowbro can't use eviolite so use leftovers. Subsitute seems pointless on Celebi with Natural Cure unless you were SubSeeding which you aren't so switch Sub for Leech Seed to rack up residual damage and force switches while giving some minor healing to teammates. U-Turn seems like a bad option on a boosting Pokemon as you'll just throw away that boost you'll probably never have a chance to get. I'd try Hidden Power Ice to hit Gliscor hard and change your nature accordingly.

On Conkeldurr, I'd change everything on him. For starters, Choice Band is not a good item for him IMO as he'd much rather prefer freedom in his moves.

I'd give him this:

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 252 Atk / 128 HP / 128 SpD
    Drain Punch
    Mach Punch
    Facade
    Payback

Facade is the strongest attack on this set, capable of heavily denting even physical walls that don't resist it, such as Gliscor. Payback hurts ghost types, who otherwise wall you entirely. Mach Punch is priority to pick off weakened foes, and Drain Punch is the STAB of choice that heals the burn damage. EVs maximize atk while balancing his overall bulk. An option over Facade is Ice Punch which is more reliable in dealing with Gliscor.

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    I don't have time for a full rate now, but I can see a few things immediately. That T-tar doesn't really seem viable, Politoed still outspeeds and Focus Blast OHKOs if it hits, while Hydro Pump comes close. It might still OHKO, I haven't been in that situation in a while and I haven't run a calc for it. I'd go for a more standard set.

The Heatran.... Scarf + Roar? If there ever was a bad combiation, it's that.... Roar has negative priority for starters, so you're still going last most of the time. Second, even when something weak to Fire, Ground or Ice comes out you will not be able to do anything bar Roar it out.

Also, on a Sand team everyone expects Sand Force Landorus, at least in my experience. Special variants are typically only used on Weatherless and non-Sand teams. People'll see your T-Tar and that Lando loses the element of surprise it had.
    Ok, I have my reasons for the TTar set and the lando set (I will change it Atrocious) and the heatran set, but i definetely will change the slowbro set completely.

Creds to Trickster44

Roar would be best used on TTar or some other defensive mon.

I used it on heat ran in order to fake a non choice set.

Creds to Trickster44

And you're completely screwed when locked into a move with negative priority. Bluffing non-Scarfed is not something you want to do with Heatran. Breloom can pull it off with Spore, but NOT Heatran, and least of all with Roar.

Quote Originally Posted by fire r a g e View Post
    On Conkeldurr, I'd change everything on him. For starters, Choice Band is not a good item for him IMO as he'd much rather prefer freedom in his moves.

I'd give him this:

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 252 Atk / 128 HP / 128 SpD
    Drain Punch
    Mach Punch
    Facade
    Payback

Facade is the strongest attack on this set, capable of heavily denting even physical walls that don't resist it, such as Gliscor. Payback hurts ghost types, who otherwise wall you entirely. Mach Punch is priority to pick off weakened foes, and Drain Punch is the STAB of choice that heals the burn damage. EVs maximize atk while balancing his overall bulk. An option over Facade is Ice Punch which is more reliable in dealing with Gliscor.
    You got the Evs wrong, and facade shouldn't be used, get bulk up instead.

Full rate later.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I didn't get anything wrong. Different EVs are best used with Bulk Up.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    You got the Evs wrong, and facade shouldn't be used, get bulk up instead.
    Well, you dont run bulk up with a status orb...using bulk up means you expect him to live long, which you usually wont get with a status orb. You could drop facade for ice punch though, to hit dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
    Well, you dont run bulk up with a status orb...using bulk up means you expect him to live long, which you usually wont get with a status orb. You could drop facade for ice punch though, to hit dragons.
    sometimes you do. and it hits harder then at plus two w/o status orb.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Drain Punch says hi too.

Your descriptions are not detailed enough.

Please read the rules, as it provides you with an example of how much detail needs to go into Pokemon descriptions.