Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long until a Female Trainer wins the league?

Default How long until a Female Trainer wins the league?

So far the games have had 2 female champions, but there's yet to be a female winner of the league. A few Female trainers have come close but only one has made it to the final round(Assunta most likely made it in the Kanto league), but none of them have won it. Maybe if Ash makes it to the Finals in Gen 6 he will be beaten by a Female Trainer.

I never noticed this.

You know, this reminds me, why not make Iris the champion? I mean, for once, it'd be nice to have someone in group actually win a title like champion of whatever tournament they enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    I never noticed this.

You know, this reminds me, why not make Iris the champion? I mean, for once, it'd be nice to have someone in group actually win a title like champion of whatever tournament they enter.
    She's barely ready to be a gym leader yet, the story line for Iris in the anime seems to be pre BW1 in terms of game continuity.

@ topic: I don't care. Woop.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

If it happens I feel it'll happen long after I stopped watching the anime, so 5-10 years from now.

You know, this reminds me, why not make Iris the champion?
    They already made her exceptional for a beginner. It wouldn't be fun to have a character who couldn't grow much from what she was already.

Well it took 5 gens for a female professor for goodness sakes. Cynthia was so popular that she kept coming back.

But I still find it amusing Ash never had an actual competent female rival in the whole show. Its like Bianca was made to be as ditzy as possible so nobody took her seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Well it took 5 gens for a female professor for goodness sakes. Cynthia was so popular that she kept coming back.

But I still find it amusing Ash never had an actual competent female rival in the whole show. Its like Bianca was made to be as ditzy as possible so nobody took her seriously.
    What do you mean, casey was easily an elite rival, no one could stop her electabuzz
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Well, we had the first Female Champion in gen 4, gen 5 gave us the first female Professor. Maybe next Gen they'll give us a female League winner in the anime. But i'm more hoping for a female Antagonist

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    What do you mean, casey was easily an elite rival, no one could stop her electabuzz
    Well, honestly, neither of the two female Johto "Rivals" really qualified as them, more as recurring characters.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Well, honestly, neither of the two female Johto "Rivals" really qualified as them, more as recurring characters.
    What do you mean, she appeared in like 8 episodes, that's pretty good

More then kotetsu
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    They already made her exceptional for a beginner. It wouldn't be fun to have a character who couldn't grow much from what she was already.
    Unless the development given to her on the show had been different from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    What do you mean, she appeared in like 8 episodes, that's pretty good

More then kotetsu
    Hum, maybe, but she didn't really collect bdges did she? (unlike the other rival, but she only appeared in 2 or 3 eps as a league rival.. so yeah)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Hum, maybe, but she didn't really collect bdges did she? (unlike the other rival, but she only appeared in 2 or 3 eps as a league rival.. so yeah)
    She was ash's baseball rival though
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

What are you talking about? Virgil is obviously a girl. How else would "he" be so pretty? :U

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Well.....I always assumed that contests were introduced into the show as what (the best) female trainers would commit themselves to.

Who won the Kanto and Johto leagues that Ash competed in anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Well it took 5 gens for a female professor for goodness sakes...
    Professor Ivy didn't give starter pokemon to new trainers, but she was still a professor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    Professor Ivy didn't give starter pokemon to new trainers, but she was still a professor.
    And she had huge knockers.

Anyway does it really matter? We've only had 5 leagues, which isn't even a high number if you think about it. Or maybe the writers don't want Ash losing the competition to a girl. Yes, I just brought sexism into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post
    So far the games have had 2 female champions, but there's yet to be a female winner of the league. A few Female trainers have come close but only one has made it to the final round(Assunta most likely made it in the Kanto league), but none of them have won it. Maybe if Ash makes it to the Finals in Gen 6 he will be beaten by a Female Trainer.
    Why exactly does it matter if a female or male trainer wins the league? If the best happens to be a male or female then in the end it shouldn't matter. Pointless thread.

The World God Only knows

Well half the boys in the show are voiced by girls does that count?

Does it matter if a female wins the league or not? The important thing is that Ash won't be winning one anytime soon so it really shouldn't matter.

My ideal battle ever!

I'd like a female league winner for once, and I'm sure one will come eventually. The wait for a female champion and regional professor may have been long but it still happened.

Make that female companion compete with ash to get the badges (After she stops being in denial about liking battling /killed) and possibly have her win.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

It's gonna come soon, we've got Jupiter, Cynthia and Bianca. All first time females in a certain position. League winner will come soon enough....I hope. D:

I dunno, when the writers stop being sexist.

How long till Ash wins the league?
    Seriously though, only way I could see this is if Ash gets an actual serious girl rival {Which I hope happens soon}
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Katherine would've made a good Rival, and she was close to being a League Winner.

Unless the development given to her on the show had been different from the start?
    I don't see any possible way they could make " Iris Who's Done Everything Ash Couldn't " interesting for three years.

I don't find anything wrong with the way she's being written currently. She comes off as more experienced then Ash and is a believable candidate for her future role. It's just enough without being outrageous in my opinion.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast