Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Team Rocket Went Back to White

Default Why Team Rocket Went Back to White

One of the most random, and annoying changes that happened after the TR vs TP episodes were skipped were that Team Rocket went back to their White uniforms. Though their personalities did not change whatsoever, I was utterly disappointed at this. Their black uniforms looked so cool and badass, while their white uniforms do make them seem less generic, I was tired of it after like 600 episodes of them wearing it. I wanted a change.

In terms of in story, and out of story, why did Team Rocket go back to white uniforms. Honestly, for in story I always thought there was a reason provided in TR vs TP but after seeing Team Rocket randomly back in Unova with no explanation whatsoever when the last we saw them was in a helicopter on the way back to Kanto, I'm thinking they were meant to just be suddenly white in BW025 and there was no actual reasoning.

Out of story, I have no clue why the hell the writers decided to make them go back to white. Perhaps to appeal more to those who watched the show pre Unova? Who knows. Point is, they were a ton more awesome to look at in black. What do you guys thing?

I really liked that black uniform. But maybe fans complained and the writers wanted the TRio to be more unique than the other Team Rocket grunts.

Fanservice. Certain people didn't like their characters not being static anymore.

I wish the answer was more complex, but it's not.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Am I really the only one here who kind of liked the white uniforms better? I found that it was too typical of Team Rocket members to be wearing the black uniforms. I have to admit when I first saw them in the black uniforms I was mad. I thought that the explanation for it would be something stupid like, "Oh... We were embarrassed to look so different than the other Team Rocket members..."

So yeah. I preferred the white uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    Am I really the only one here who kind of liked the white uniforms better? I found that it was too typical of Team Rocket members to be wearing the black uniforms.
    Well, if you're a member of an organization that has a uniform, it's only reasonable to think you'd be expected to wear it.

Shudo's reasoning for the white uniforms never made sense. At least, I think it was Shudo who came up with it.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Well, if you're a member of an organization that has a uniform, it's only reasonable to think you'd be expected to wear it.

Shudo's reasoning for the white uniforms never made sense. At least, I think it was Shudo who came up with it.
    Well yeah, but like I said before: being expected to wear it still makes it typical. Besides, last I checked Jessie and James weren't the most liked Team Rocket members, even when they were wearing the correct uniform.

A change in colored uniforms is pretty minor, but they do define the TRio. I didn't mind them reverting back to to White, but their personalities being very "serious" didn't exactly fit. It did feel different and all, but nothing too huge.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

That's the fanbase in Japan, you make a decent character off of old bland characters, people complain. Any fanbase will do that.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    That's the fanbase in Japan, you make a decent character off of old bland characters, people complain. Any fanbase will do that.
    Not only in Japan... -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I would say it's because people complained about the change, but remember that episodes are produced like 6 months in advance and they changed back in episode 25. So they couldn't have known that people will complain for sure, right? So either they intended it all along or recolouring them was a quick enough edit.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Not only in Japan... -.-
    Well they don't do a great job of listening to their western/overseas audience. Our input doesn't seem to matter.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Well they don't do a great job of listening to their western/overseas audience. Our input doesn't seem to matter.
    This forum's opinion =/= the entire overseas audience's opinion.

Well it wouldn't make sense for them to be in black anymore because they're starting to blast off again and that wouldn't fit with the badass uniform. I did love them though and I was disappointed when I saw the change again after the skipped episodes.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Ya I never understood the change. If it was after the whole Meloetta arc it would of made more sense but when they did the change it didn't.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya I never understood the change. If it was after the whole Meloetta arc it would of made more sense but when they did the change it didn't.
    Same thing with their BW music suddenly being dropped for good in favour of their Sinnoh one(they later made a new remix of it for BW though). Such a mystery shrouding those skipped episodes, I wish someone would just explain all that stuff in an interview in the future.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Same thing with their BW music suddenly being dropped for good in favour of their Sinnoh one(they later made a new remix of it for BW though). Such a mystery shrouding those skipped episodes, I wish someone would just explain all that stuff in an interview in the future.
    Wait, that's the Sinnoh music? I blocked it out of my head because I was so sick of hearing it so I didn't even notice.

The symbolism is undeniable.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Wait, that's the Sinnoh music? I blocked it out of my head because I was so sick of hearing it so I didn't even notice.

The symbolism is undeniable.
    I blame Sound Director Masafumi Mima. The BW motto music was awesome, but it reflected BW Team Rocket so he obviously hated it and got it replaced with the DP one.

The BW remix of the music was probably a compromise.

It's weird every generation TR gets a new song, but in this gen they gave them a song, but immediately went back to the Sinnoh music.

I mean seriously does anyone remember the AG Team Rocket Theme? It was awesome but because it's the only TR Theme that only played in its generation it is so forgettable...

Honestly, who knows? I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. xD.

Also, DP is OVER. Quit playing the damn Sinnoh Theme for TRio already...they're still doing it. UGH.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

... it seems I'm the only one who likes the DP theme. XD

But yeah, why did they put it back?
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post

But yeah, why did they put it back?
    I didn't dislike the DP theme, but it's so annoying that it's still being used for the BW arc.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I too have wondered about that. I remember in the past when they said they designed their own uniforms and they wanted to be different than the other Rockets or something along the lines.
    You're not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I didn't dislike the DP theme, but it's so annoying that it's still being used for the BW arc.
    Yeah. After hearing that theme for almost all (if not all) a saga can be quite annoying to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    You're not the only one.
    *high-fives*
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Yeah. After hearing that theme for almost all (if not all) a saga can be quite annoying to some people.
    Exactly!
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th February 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Kanto has and always will be my favorite motto. The music and words in the motto are perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast