Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 161

Thread: How long until a Female Trainer wins the league?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    How long till Ash wins the league?
    Seriously though, only way I could see this is if Ash gets an actual serious girl rival {Which I hope happens soon}
    my question to you is why does he need to have a girl rival? What is so important about a female that a male can accomplish?

    The World God Only knows

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    my question to you is why does he need to have a girl rival? What is so important about a female that a male can accomplish?
    I guess it's more for mix up a bit. Females that aren't Elite Trainers are rarely depicted as strong battlers and as such people want a... equality, we can say.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,681

    Default

    The question asked should be why femininity is suddenly considered important in a shonen animé?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I guess it's more for mix up a bit. Females that aren't Elite Trainers are rarely depicted as strong battlers and as such people want a... equality, we can say.
    Just because a certain number of people let it be boys or girls are more involved or accomplished in something of that field doesn't mean that there is inequality. Having more females just because you think is necessary is not a good reason. They as much as boys have everything at their disposal to become that but this show is geared towards boys and maybe a certain number aren't interested in battles and becoming champions? There are tons of anime that is over saturated with girls and actors that portray girls and boys. So there is no sexism. This is a shonen anime might i add so really i see no importance to this matter. Also maybe there have been females that have won the league offscreen. We just don't know since we are following Ash. In the end, it shouldn't matter what gender wins the league, only the best should count, and if those happen to be male or female then so be it. Nothing wrong with that, so stop making up problems where there are none.
    Last edited by zeno48; 12th January 2013 at 12:45 AM.

    The World God Only knows

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Just because a certain number of people let it be boys or girls are more involved or accomplished in something of that field doesn't mean that there is inequality. Having more females just because you think is necessary is not a good reason. They as much as boys have everything at their disposal to become that but this show is geared towards boys and maybe a certain number aren't interested in battles and becoming champions? There are tons of anime that is over saturated with girls and actors that portray girls and boys. So there is no sexism. This is a shonen anime might i add so really i see no importance to this matter.
    Ok. I just answered to you by saying what I think are the reasons of why people want more competent girls, that's all. I care more about how a character is treated in terms of development rather than gender, in all honesty.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Ok. I just answered to you by saying what I think are the reasons of why people want more competent girls, that's all. I care more about how a character is treated in terms of development rather than gender, in all honesty.
    Isn't iris the champion of unova in black and white 2? in the games they have a lot of females now that are becoming more accomplished. So when they split up she might end up being the new champion in the anime.

    The World God Only knows

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Ok. I just answered to you by saying what I think are the reasons of why people want more competent girls, that's all. I care more about how a character is treated in terms of development rather than gender, in all honesty.
    But when all the female rivals that Ash has ever had are treated as jokes (Bianca) or non entities (Katie) or someone who doesn't even show up at the League (Casey), wanting a female rival should be expected.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    But when all the female rivals that Ash has ever had are treated as jokes (Bianca) or non entities (Katie) or someone who doesn't even show up at the League (Casey), wanting a female rival should be expected.
    Great logic, just because you think they aren't treated a certain way then we should obviously have more. Until they are treated the way you like? Sounds like you want them to be treated with hand gloves and put above a pedestal; Like if female trainers aren't already being over glorified and treated fairly enough. The writers have provided more female trainers on top of the ones we've already had, just because you don't like how they are portrayed doesn't mean their should be more of them.

    The World God Only knows

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    The question asked should be why femininity is suddenly considered important in a shonen animé?
    The Pokemon franchise has tried to appeal to girls ever since Crystal version came out with a female protagonist. That was all the way back in 2001 for goodness sakes.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Great logic, just because you think they aren't treated a certain way then we should obviously have more. Until they are treated the way you like? Sounds like you want them to be treated with hand gloves and put above a pedestal; female trainers aren't already being over glorified and treated fairly enough. The writers have provided more female trainers on top of the ones we've already had, just because you don't like how they are portrayed doesn't mean their should be more of them.
    I disagree. I think whenever you have a rivalry, it's always quality over quantity. It's not a matter of how many rivals there are, it is a matter of how they are treated and the quality of their rivalry and their character. And your reasoning that I shouldn't want a rival to be treated the way I want them to is crazy. We all have our own ideas on what kind of rivals Ash should or shouldn't have so obviously I would stick up for what I want to happen in this show. I already listed my problems with Bianca. She had terrible handling and almost no development. Casey didn't even show up at the League so her potential was wasted and Katie was more of a COTD rival even if she was a competent trainer. Just because I want a female rival that is actually competent for a change shouldn't mean I should get bashed for it. I am asking for Ash to get a competent female rival who is treated right for once. Is that too much to ask?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    940

    Default

    0_o .... Cynthia is the Champion of Sinnoh so we know she won a league... And I'm sure their are more female champions out there so- why are people calling to sexist when the majority of this show has male cast members? It would be different if we had an abudance of female characters but we don't.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    Well assuming for one to become a Regional Champion, one must defeat the regions league, so technically Cynthia has won a League. Not sure when it will happen on-screen, like it matters.-.-
    - Claimed:



    -XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

    Pokemon Y Team:

    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

    3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    It's gonna come soon, we've got Jupiter, Cynthia and Bianca. All first time females in a certain position. League winner will come soon enough....I hope. D:
    Wait, what did Jupiter do?

    Anyway, I guess Cynthia beat the League at one point since she's a Champion, but I guess that doesn't count since it was off-screen. I think a female League winner would have redeemed the Unova League, but the only ones that deserved to win either lost early in the tournament or didn't compete at all in my opinion.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    I think a female League winner would have redeemed the Unova League, but the only ones that deserved to win either lost early in the tournament or didn't compete at all in my opinion
    Are you kidding me? nothing, and absolutely nothing would have redeemed the unova league had a male or female won the league. You are clearly being sexist. The only ones that deserve to win are the best and only the best whether it's male or female. Why can't that be enough? nope we have to have more females portrayed in over glorified matters.

    I disagree. I think whenever you have a rivalry, it's always quality over quantity. It's not a matter of how many rivals there are, it is a matter of how they are treated and the quality of their rivalry and their character. And your reasoning that I shouldn't want a rival to be treated the way I want them to is crazy. We all have our own ideas on what kind of rivals Ash should or shouldn't have so obviously I would stick up for what I want to happen in this show. I already listed my problems with Bianca. She had terrible handling and almost no development. Casey didn't even show up at the League so her potential was wasted and Katie was more of a COTD rival even if she was a competent trainer. Just because I want a female rival that is actually competent for a change shouldn't mean I should get bashed for it. I am asking for Ash to get a competent female rival who is treated right for once. Is that too much to ask?
    No matter how much you sugarcoat it you are asking for a girl to be a rival just because she isn't treated up to your standards and that's wrong. If ash gets a female rival she should be treated like a male would be treated and give them a personality that you may not agree with. Also the way you feel is how i feel about Ash right now, and would love for a new male character that actually knows what he is doing and show some development. Again it shouldn't matter what type of rival he gets as long as they are suited for his development. Be it boy or girl and that goes for characters you might not like.

    The World God Only knows

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    Well Cynthia won the league offscreen. I would've hugily enjoyed it if Bianca won, but that's just my fanboy spirit acting.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Well Cynthia won the league offscreen. I would've hugily enjoyed it if Bianca won, but that's just my fanboy spirit acting.
    That's the thing, their are probably more female trainers that have won off screen.

    The World God Only knows

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    No matter how much you sugarcoat it you are asking for a girl to be a rival just because she isn't treated up to your standards and that's wrong. If ash gets a female rival she should be treated like a male would be treated and give them a personality that you may not agree with. Also the way you feel is how i feel about Ash right now, and would love for a new male character that actually knows what he is doing and show some development. Again it shouldn't matter what type of rival he gets as long as they are suited for his development. Be it boy or girl and that goes for characters you might not like.
    I don't give a rat's tail what you think is right and wrong. It's normal for people to want the show to do certain things. If someone says they want Charizard back because he was epic in Kanto, that's people wanting things solely for wanting them and there's nothing wrong with that. And I'm not sorry for having an opinion and stating that I want a competent rival because in my opinion Bianca is one of the worst main rivals in the history of this show and I don't want them to go in that direction with a female rival next saga. So no, I don't think it's wrong that I want a competent female rival because we have never had one before. If I said in DP, I want a competent TR because we never had that before, would you say I was being illogical or wrong? Probably not. So like I said, I don't give a rat's tail about what you have to say. I want a competent female rival just like I want Ash to win a League or TR to stay competent or Charizard to return.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    That's the thing, their are probably more female trainers that have won off screen.
    Except we don't know any of those off-screen winning female trainers. The only female trainer we know of who has won the league is Cynthia if I'm not wrong. Please correct me if that's the case.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't give a rat's tail what you think is right and wrong. It's normal for people to want the show to do certain things. If someone says they want Charizard back because he was epic in Kanto, is there logic in that?! Heck, no. That's people wanting things solely for wanting them. And I'm not sorry for having an opinion and stating that I want a competent rival because in my opinion Bianca is one of the worst main rivals in the history of this show and I don't want them to go in that direction with a female rival next saga. So no, I don't think it's wrong that I want a competent female rival because we have never had one before. If I said in DP, I want a competent TR because we never had that before, would you say I was being illogical or wrong? Probably not. So like I said, I don't give a rat's tail about what you have to say. I want a competent female rival just like I want Ash to win a League or TR to stay competent or Charizard to return.
    Lol, well take it up with the writers or watch something else because the target audience is for boys. You are irrelevant so it doesn't matter what you want or think. It's up to the writers and you could either watch it or go watch other shows that have "competent females" like you put it. I'm done with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Except we don't know any of those off-screen winning female trainers. The only female trainer we know of who has won the league is Cynthia if I'm not wrong. Please correct me if that's the case.
    we don't know, but that doesn't mean their aren't any.
    Last edited by zeno48; 12th January 2013 at 2:38 AM.

    The World God Only knows

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Lol, well take it up with the writers or watch something else because the target audience is for boys. You are irrelevant so it doesn't matter what you want or think. It's up to the writers and you could either watch it or go watch other shows that are more up your taste. I'm done with this.
    Did I say it mattered what I thought or that my opinion would change the show? No, I didn't so leave me alone and stop bashing me. Your opinion is just as irrelevant as mine so you wanting Ash replaced won't do anything either. Just because the show is for boys doesn't mean they can't have strong females because they have. Look at May and Dawn. And I love Pokémon. It's my favorite show and every season that the show had has been epic. I want a competent female rival but if the show never has one, I would never think any less of the show.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 12th January 2013 at 2:42 AM.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Did I say it mattered what I thought or that my opinion would change the show? No, I didn't so leave me alone and stop bashing me. Your opinion is just as irrelevant as mine so you wanting Ash replaced what do anything either. Just because the show is for boys doesn't mean they can't have strong females because they have. Look at May and Dawn. And I love Pokémon. It's my favorite show and every season that the show had has been epic. I want a competent female rival but if the show never has one, I would never think any less of the show.
    Learn the difference between being criticized and bashing. If you assume i am bashing you because i don't agree with what you said then you clearly aren't fit to debate anyone since you throw around baseless assumptions. I'm just stating flaws in your argument.

    The World God Only knows

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Learn the difference between being criticized and bashing. If you assume i am bashing you because i don't agree with what you said then you clearly aren't fit to debate anyone since you throw around baseless assumptions. I'm just stating flaws in your argument.
    I am not trying to make an argument. I said I wanted a competent female rival just like people say that they want Charizard back or TR to return to being silly. You should have never replied to my post in the first place. And I am fit to debate but there is nothing to debate with you about because all I said was I would like Ash to have a competent female rival for a change. THAT'S IT. Now please don't reply to this because I am done with you. The next time someone says that they hope something happens in the anime, I hope you aren't online to see and respond to them.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,234

    Default

    I don't feel like looking it up, but didn't a girl with an Ivysaur end up beating Ritchie and winning the Kanto League?

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I don't feel like looking it up, but didn't a girl with an Ivysaur end up beating Ritchie and winning the Kanto League?
    She didn't end up winning the League actually. There is picture of the Top 3 finishers in the Kanto League and you could see that the first place finisher was a guy that looked like Brock.

  25. #50

    Default

    I am not sure if that's going to make a difference. I mean having a girl win doesn't mean the league or the show is going to be better. (kinda like having a stoic female rival doesn't equal being a better character).
    岩根雅明=♡

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •