Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: How long until a Female Trainer wins the league?

Sooner than Ash, that's for sure...
    My friends while crossing Johto:

Personally I don't think it'll happen, and I hope that in the next league, a female wins and then takes off her disguise revealing that she is a man. Just to troll you guys because I would find it funny~

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Probably not anytime soon. But a female not winning is the least of this show's problems, to be honest :P
    This~
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 7th February 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSociety12345543210 View Post
    I completely agree with the wall of text above me.
    Well, I'm really glad to see that someone else agrees with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I don't. I agree with the OP. I don't give two Skittys if Ash won or lost the League. From my perspective, I want a female to win. That's all. People have different opinions, we don't all have to be rooting for Ash.
    Fine, it's not like I'm against freedom of speech or anything. You can want a girl to win the league as much as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It brings the question of why we don't want the main character to win.

Blood red is 100% right.
    That was my main question to begin with...have people really lost so much hope that they're already planning out Ash's defeat?

My deviantArt page, check it out if you want.

You know the reason I think half the people want a female rival and or female league winner is to give Ash someone to ship besides the regional girl each main cast has. I think some want a strong battler female but others just want to see a love/hate relationship with Ash or both. I'm not saying everyone wants that, some probably really do want to see a strong female represent, but I'm sure a large number of the people demanding a female rival just want to see a shipping love story. If that is the case I say just stick with the boys. They get shipped with him anyway XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I think a female could win the XY league. Hopefully it is the female rival if we get one

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    You know the reason I think half the people want a female rival and or female league winner is to give Ash someone to ship besides the regional girl each main cast has.
    Wrong. AshXBianca barely exists now, she's almost always shipped with Stephan.

We just want a little equality and something different from the status quo instead of 'girls only can do anything in this series when it involves sparkles and frilly dresses!!111'

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Yea and Robert won it as well. The favor is in Contests. Which I don't have a problem with. xD
    OMG I won a Grand Fesival :O!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    The question asked should be why femininity is suddenly considered important in a shonen animé?
    For some reason it's not enough that females are overwhelmingly over represented in contests but now people want them to dominate leagues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    You know the reason I think half the people want a female rival and or female league winner is to give Ash someone to ship besides the regional girl each main cast has. I think some want a strong battler female but others just want to see a love/hate relationship with Ash or both. I'm not saying everyone wants that, some probably really do want to see a strong female represent, but I'm sure a large number of the people demanding a female rival just want to see a shipping love story. If that is the case I say just stick with the boys. They get shipped with him anyway XD
    Yeah but just because Ashe gets girl rivals doesn't mean he should be always shipped with them. They could be just normal strong trainer girls that could be recurring characters as well. I also think people are being small minded because Bianca is his rival whether if she is a good one or not and she is just as dumb as he is or worse. But there is barely any shipping crap for them.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Yeah but just because Ashe gets girl rivals doesn't mean he should be always shipped with them. They could be just normal strong trainer girls that could be recurring characters as well. I also think people are being small minded because Bianca is his rival whether if she is a good one or not and she is just as dumb as he is or worse. But there is barely any shipping crap for them.
    Ash is shipped with every recurring character on the show. If she was asexual Ash would be shipped with her somehow.

Also she should not win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Ash is shipped with every recurring character on the show. If she was asexual Ash would be shipped with her somehow.

Also she should not win the league.
    Exactly but most people keep saying that they want a strong girl to win the league. I would rather Ash win a league and risk the girl being a league winner anyway.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567