Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 161

Thread: How long until a Female Trainer wins the league?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I am not trying to make an argument. I said I wanted a competent female rival just like people say that they want Charizard back or TR to return to being silly. You should have never replied to my post in the first place. And I am fit to debate but there is nothing to debate with you about because all I said was I would like Ash to have a competent female rival for a change. THAT'S IT. Now please don't reply to this because I am done with you. The next time someone says that they hope something happens in the anime, I hope you aren't online to see and respond to them.
    Your argument is that you want a competent female trainer, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying it shouldn't matter what type of rival he has, but you have yet to make add anything aside from: "i don't like how (insert character) is treated therefore at some point he should have one". Well tough luck. He probably will get one, however to me that's irrelevant and if they aren't treated how you like then that doesn't add anything that we haven't seen before from other good male characters and the champion cynthia, just complaints over nothing. I want to see how that rival makes Ash more competent and strong if that's even possible now. No matter what gender.
    Last edited by Sushi; 12th January 2013 at 10:58 AM.

    The World God Only knows

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Your argument is that you want a competent female trainer, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying it shouldn't matter what type of rival he has, but you have yet to make add anything aside from: "i don't like how (insert character) is treated therefore at some point he should have one". Well tough luck. He probably will get one, however to me that's irrelevant and if they aren't treated how you like then that doesn't add anything that we haven't seen before from other good male characters and the champion cynthia, just complaints over nothing. I want to see how that rival makes Ash more competent and strong if that's even possible now. No matter what gender.
    That's not my argument. That's what I want. And I don't want a competent female rival because Bianca is a horrible rival. I want a competent female rival because for the most part, we have always gotten the same arrogant rival who hates Ash and is always a step ahead of him until the end. Girls are very different than boys in a lot of ways and could bring a different dynamic to the show. So wanting a competent one because I'm really not a fan of goofy rivals like Bianca and Barry shouldn't get me criticized by you. And should it matter what type of villain TR are? Not really but that doesn't mean I could want TR a certain way. Why does it matter how anything in Pokémon is written? It shouldn't but that doesn't mean I can't want someone to act a certain way.
    Last edited by Sushi; 12th January 2013 at 10:58 AM.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    亜米利&#2115
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Thank you! someone that is actually smart.
    Didn't think anyone would agree. Thanks;

    But yeah, I to dislike when fans think that a girl doing X would make everything better when it's not going to make a difference.
    岩根雅明=♡

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I am not sure if that's going to make a difference. I mean having a girl win doesn't mean the league or the show is going to be better. (kinda like having a stoic female rival doesn't equal being a better character).
    It's not a matter of people thinking the league would have automatically been better, you're missing the point. It's the issue of variability, now in a time where people are seeing all of the patterns happening over and over, it's only natural to want to see something different. Just like Prof Juniper, Cynthia, and Bianca were the firsts in their own rights, people also want to eventually see a female league rival actually win the whole thing and there's nothing wrong with that.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    It's not a matter of people thinking the league would have automatically been better, you're missing the point. It's the issue of variability, now in a time where people are seeing all of the patterns happening over and over, it's only natural to want to see something different. Just like Prof Juniper, Cynthia, and Bianca were the firsts in their own rights, people also want to eventually see a female league rival actually win the whole thing and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Thank you.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    亜米利&#2115
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    ^BTW there's nothing wrong with someone agreeing with me as well -_-

    people also want to eventually see a female league rival actually win the whole thing and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Okay I understand. No need to get defensive. As long as this character isn't a stoic character... I'm cool with it.
    岩根雅明=♡

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    we don't know, but that doesn't mean their aren't any.
    I didn't say there weren't any, just say that we don't know of any beside Cynthia.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    It's not a matter of people thinking the league would have automatically been better, you're missing the point. It's the issue of variability, now in a time where people are seeing all of the patterns happening over and over, it's only natural to want to see something different. Just like Prof Juniper, Cynthia, and Bianca were the firsts in their own rights, people also want to eventually see a female league rival actually win the whole thing and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Ok, but having something different doesn't mean it's better. Again even if all of a sudden we had a surge of female champions, so what? doesn't necessarily mean a series or show is good or different. Showcasing something different would be Ash capturing a legendary and that would add to the show.

    The World God Only knows

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    ^BTW there's nothing wrong with someone agreeing with me as well -_-



    Okay I understand. No need to get defensive. As long as this character isn't a stoic character... I'm cool with it.
    I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that at all. Sorry if I offended you.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Ok, but having something different doesn't mean it's better. Again even if all of a sudden we had a surge of female champions, so what? doesn't necessarily mean a series or show is good or different. Showcasing something different would be Ash capturing a legendary and that would add to the show.
    But that doesn't mean they should never try something different. Your logic is seriously flawed. Let's say in DP I said that I wanted TR to be serious because I didn't like the way they were going and I wanted them to change because I was sick of obnoxious TR. Changing them to serious may not work but it is a risk and a change I would like to see because I don't like goofy TR. You act like taking risks and change is bad.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 12th January 2013 at 3:22 AM.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    亜米利&#2115
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that at all. Sorry if I offended you.
    Oh that's okay.

    Ok, but having something different doesn't mean it's better. Again even if all of a sudden we had a surge of female champions, so what? doesn't necessarily mean a series or show is good or different. Showcasing something different would be Ash capturing a legendary and that would add to the show
    Yeah and then people are going to want male champions and the show will still be the same. That was basically what I said except you said it better.
    岩根雅明=♡

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I didn't say there weren't any, just say that we don't know of any beside Cynthia.
    Did i say you did? i know you didn't.

    The World God Only knows

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Okay I understand. No need to get defensive. As long as this character isn't a stoic character... I'm cool with it.
    I'm not defensive, just stating why someone might like to see it eventually. It's cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Ok, but having something different doesn't mean it's better. Again even if all of a sudden we had a surge of female champions, so what? doesn't necessarily mean a series or show is good or different. Showcasing something different would be Ash capturing a legendary and that would add to the show.
    Nobody said it would be better. Read my last statement again, that's actually the first thing I said. The rest of the answer is there too.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post


    Nobody said it would be better. Read my last statement again, that's actually the first thing I said. The rest of the answer is there too.
    I agree but apparently if someone disagrees and wants something different than Zeno wants, they are not smart and wrong.... Great logic there.......

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Nobody said it would be better. Read my last statement again, that's actually the first thing I said. The rest of the answer is there too.
    I did and i come back to you and say does it matter? it's already been accomplished and their are probably more trainers that we just haven't heard from off screen who may have done it. Will a picture showcasing a girl with a trophy satisfy you? I see nothing of relevance to this.

    But that doesn't mean they should never try something different. Your logic is seriously flawed. Let's say in DP I said that I wanted TR to be serious because I didn't like the way they were going and I wanted them to change because I was sick of obnoxious TR. Changing them to serious may not work but it is a risk and a change I would like to see because I don't like goofy TR. You act like taking risks and change is bad.
    Did i say they shouldn't? i did not say that, i just don't really see how it matters since the show is about Ash and he will likely come across more strong male and female rivals down the line. It's only natural since we have seen more females in unova battling regardless of how you feel they should act.
    Last edited by zeno48; 12th January 2013 at 3:35 AM.

    The World God Only knows

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    I did and i come back to you and say does it matter? it's already been accomplished and their are probably more trainers that we just haven't heard from off screen who may have done it. Will a picture showcasing a girl with a trophy satisfy you? I see nothing of relevance to this.
    This thread was created because it's never been done on-screen. That's the whole point. A few people actually want to see it. If you don't that's fine, but don't act like you know what effect it may or may not have on the anime.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    I did and i come back to you and say does it matter? it's already been accomplished and their are probably more trainers that we just haven't heard from off screen who may have done it. Will a picture showcasing a girl with a trophy satisfy you? I see nothing of relevance to this.
    Did you ever think that there is a chance it would satisfy people? Don't think that your opinion is the right one or that everyone thinks the same as you do. It makes you come off as really bad at debating.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,540

    Default

    For all we know... the first league winner could have been a female, after all a girl is who Ritchie lost to
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post

    Did i say they shouldn't? i did not say that, i just don't really see how it matters since the show is about Ash and he will likely come across more strong male and female rivals down the line. It's only natural since we have seen more females in unova battling regardless of how you feel they should act.
    But you don't get the point that wanting characters to act or be a certain way is normal. What you accused me of on here doesn't make sense especially since I'm one of BW's only fans on here. Even other people I've talked to don't get what you are trying to say.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Zeno, just why the Hell are you so defensive when someone just says they'd like Ash to have a strong female rival? You're really taking much more issue with it than you need to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    For all we know... the first league winner could have been a female, after all a girl is who Ritchie lost to
    No, the girl who beat Ritchie got second place, meaning she lost in the final battle. The winner of that battle and the League was clearly male.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 12th January 2013 at 3:47 AM.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    If we ever get a female league winner it will have to be one from the anime. The games don't have Pokemon League tournaments. You win those 8 badges and go right to the league. It would be kinda interesting if they took a female ace trainer or elite trainer from the current regions Victory Road, put her in and have her win the league. Even use the same name as one of them, because they always hang out in Victory Road, standing around with nothing to do but delay your trip to the league.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    亜米利&#2115
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Zeno, just why the Hell are you so defensive when someone just says they'd like Ash to have a strong female rival? You're really taking much more issue with it than you need to.
    We don't mind him having a strong female rival, but it sometimes equals to someone with no personality outside of folding their arms. Well that's just me.
    岩根雅明=♡

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Did you ever think that there is a chance it would satisfy people? Don't think that your opinion is the right one or that everyone thinks the same as you do. It makes you come off as really bad at debating.
    And once that satisfaction is gone, what is left? it really just adds nothing since it has been accomplished whether people want to admit it or not. I bet even if they showcased a girl winning everyone would still be complaining that that isn't enough. Oh and i don't think my opinion is "right" i just comment the way i see fit.

    Zeno, just why the Hell are you so defensive when someone just says they'd like Ash to have a strong female rival? You're really taking much more issue with it than you need to.
    I'm not being defensive. If you guys want that then i don't mind. I just think that it shouldn't matter. Do you understand? whether it be male or female as long as they provide growth for Ash then i'm for it.
    Last edited by zeno48; 12th January 2013 at 3:54 AM.

    The World God Only knows

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    亜米利&#2115
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    And once that satisfaction is gone, what is left? it really just adds nothing since it has been accomplished whether people want to admit it or not. I bet even if they showcased a girl winning everyone would still be complaining that that isn't enough. Oh and i don't think my opinion is "right" i just comment the way i see fit.
    It won't be enough because this girl has to be a stoic badass who has to be better at the guys at everything :-/
    岩根雅明=♡

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    And once that satisfaction is gone, what is left? it really just adds nothing since it has been accomplished whether people want to admit it or not. I bet even if they showcased a girl winning everyone would still be complaining that that isn't enough. Oh and i don't think my opinion is "right" i just comment the way i see fit.
    I was more talking about Ash getting a competent female rival. She doesn't necessarily have to win. But if a girl did win the League, I am sure people will be happy. No need to get upset because someone wants something that you don't want or that you don't care about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    It won't be enough because this girl has to be a stoic badass who has to be better at the guys at everything :-/
    Now you're putting words into people's mouths.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    And once that satisfaction is gone, what is left? it really just adds nothing since it has been accomplished whether people want to admit it or not. I bet even if they showcased a girl winning everyone would still be complaining that that isn't enough. Oh and i don't think my opinion is "right" i just comment the way i see fit.
    It's not a matter of making something better. It's just for the variability. Just like all trainers aren't male and all coordinators aren't female, so actually seeing a female win the league shouldn't be farfetched at all. We can easily say someone in the Pokemon world has one the league and was female, but it's all about seeing it. Just like you were saying before about it having no impact on Ash, we can't say for sure since it hasn't happened. No not the fact that him seeing a girl win would somehow change him, that's ridiculous, but their interactions would be different and at the end of the day it's about the journey.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    It won't be enough because this girl has to be a stoic badass who has to be better at the guys at everything :-/
    No that's not what people are asking for either, no characterstics were mentioned.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •