Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was there anything you liked/enjoyed about the league?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    The only part I enjoyed was when it ended.
    ^This! Good comment.

The World God Only knows

The Credits.......yep

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Shipping is good and all, but outside of that and the few league announcements, the whole "Axew Gets Lost" episode felt like a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment. It was just a weird episode and really served no purpose other than to give an excuse to skip some rounds of battle that we would've actually enjoyed to watch. In a nutshell, the whole Unova League felt more like another overglorified Don Battle Tournament. The only battles that we really saw were ones against rivals, and that is stale at best.
    Actually I don't even know why shipping had to be a factor in this. And if I remember correctly, Bianca had lost, so she shouldn't have even been there to begin with anymore just like Ash left when he lost.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 11th January 2013 at 9:23 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

The fact that now since it's over we get Episode N and the fact that it was 6 episodes so it was shorter than usual.

- Ash vs Stephan
    - Pikachu vs Lucario
    - Flashback montage and the ending

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

- Serperior vs Pikachu
    - Belle vs Kotetsu(didn't dislike it)
    - Kenyan vs Satoshi
    - Lucario vs Pikachu(yeah)
    - Rival interactions
    - Old trainers coming back and being part of the tournament showing continuity for the first time

I liked:

Jalorda vs Pikachu
    Bel vs Kotetsu
    Ash vs Stephan
    Ash vs Kotetsu (mainly Tsutarja vs Riolu)
    Didn't see the new episode yet.

But, pretty much everything.

Only two things...

-Ash V.S Stephan
    -The ending

Oh thats all =/
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

What I liked:

Ash vs Trip (using Iron Tail/Electro Ball combo was a nice touch of strategy we've been missing)
    Bianca vs Cameron (liked the battle, not necessarily the outcome)
    Ash vs Stephan
    Ash vs Cameron (Snivy vs Riolu and Pikachu vs Lucario)
    The ending with Ash reflecting on his journey

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I like the fact that it finally ended this terrible saga.

Ash vs Stephan was an okay battle I guess.

This question is like trying to find a safe spot in a field of mines... your not likely to find one. Coarse this is strictly opinionated so I can't speak for everyone.

Although it was taken way too far and way out of line, I guess I like it's originality... minus the whole main rival battle didn't bring any sort of real closure.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    This question is like trying to find a safe spot in a field of mines... your not likely to find one. Coarse this is strictly opinionated so I can't speak for everyone.

Although it was taken way too far and way out of line, I guess I like it's originality... minus the whole main rival battle didn't bring any sort of real closure.
    Seems like the only thing people disliked is Satoshi vs Shooti being 1vs1 and most of the Kotetsu figth.

Anyway this is to talk about the positives Joltik there are thread for the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    I like the fact that it finally ended this terrible saga.
    You know things are bad when you're inclined to agree with this. :x

I guess I'll repeat what I said in the other thread: the animation was good. Then again, the same could be said about most Leagues since they're meant to be the highlight of their respective sagas. I wish the animators would pay more attention to detail in regular episodes as well, but what are you gonna do? They're obviously on a tight budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Seems like the only thing people disliked is Satoshi vs Shooti being 1vs1 and most of the Kotetsu figth.

Anyway this is to talk about the positives Joltik there are thread for the negatives.
    Fine... maybe that was a bit too negative.

I did enjoy what battles we received... just not all their outcomes
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

What I liked?
    - Kotetsu being 4-6'd in his battle with Virgil. This made Ash look like an even bigger tool though, but if Virgil was to win the tournament, then why not?

It took Ash 6 pokemon to take down 4 of Kotetsu's.
    It took Kotetsu 6 pokemon to take down 3 of Virgils.

So with a little bit of math, totally not taking into account that Ash might make better choices vs. Virgil:
    It takes 1.5 of Ash's pokemon to take down 1 of Kotetsu's pokemon.
    It takes 2 of Kotetsu's pokemon to take down 1 of Virgil's pokemon.

Meaning it would take Ash THREE pokemon to take down ONE of Virgil's pokemon..

Which would've lead Ash to a 6-2 loss in the Top4.. Now where did I hear that before? That's funny, I like that coincidence! :P

What else did I like?
    - Leavanny activating Swarm, but it proving not to be enough. Apparently, only evolution can save a dire situation.. end bitter remark
    - Palpitoad getting a tie, and a mention of being alive still. However, it's record vs. Zebstrika is going down the drain.. end bitter remark
    - Iwane giving us a good troll with the epic: "Unfezant is going to get a new move"-trolling.. He had us, and we fell for it!

But yeah, honestly, I liked that Palpitoad and Leavanny got completed movesets, and that Pignite got Brick Break.

It kinda gave me that feeling that Ash's team should just have consisted of: Pikachu, Unfezant, Pignite, Leavanny, Palpitoad and Krookodile, perhaps Boldore as the late 7th member, but the rest fell flat, movesetwise. sorry, offtopic

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    umm stephan battle
    and no TEAM ROCKET DO SOMETHING UNIMPORTANT IN THE LEAGUE , I RATHER CHOSE AXEW POINTLESS FILLER THEN THEY APPEAR
    But Axew took up an entire episode, TR only takes a third or so.. Given, their 'interruption' of Quilava's only battle was offputting, but overall, I'd rather have that then what we had now..

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    I disliked pretty much everything about this league.

Trip not getting a full battle, that annoying idiot Kotetsu winning only because of his Riolu evolving, Ash not getting the chance to battle Virgil, pretty much all of it. I guess Ash vs Stephan was decent, but I didnt like how Leavanny didnt get to beat Sawk instead of OP Krookodile (who pretty much became a beast that couldnt lose anymore after reaching his final form, he was useless before that)
    It's about what you liked..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Actually I don't even know why shipping had to be a factor in this. And if I remember correctly, Bianca had lost, so she shouldn't have even been there to begin with anymore just like Ash left when he lost.
    The writers write how he wants. He didn't make Trip stay. But Bianca was there to cheer on Ash. Why do you have a problem with that?

Bianca was more of a friendly rival than a real rival to Ash, so of course she's there to cheer on Ash.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    The writers write how he wants. He didn't make Trip stay. But Bianca was there to cheer on Ash. Why do you have a problem with that?

Bianca was more of a friendly rival than a real rival to Ash, so of course she's there to cheer on Ash.
    I'm not talking about that. Bianca still could have got the hell out just like everyone else did when they lost including him. I'm talking about the fact that Axew and Binaca's little love fest with Virgil who she really knows nothing about turning the episode into a wierd time.

My ideal battle ever!

I'm not talking about that. Bianca still could have got the hell out just like everyone else did when they lost including him. I'm talking about the fact that Axew and Binaca's little love fest with Virgil who she really knows nothing about turning the episode into a wierd time.
    I seriously think you're upset at the wrong person. Bianca wanted to see the rest of the battles, that's all. Just like Ash and co don't automatically leave after they lose.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I seriously think you're upset at the wrong person. Bianca wanted to see the rest of the battles, that's all. Just like Ash and co don't automatically leave after they lose.
    I'm not upset. I 'm just saying that the little scene with her an Virgil along with Axew's little fiasco wasn't really necessary for this league but I'm not going to discuss this anymore.

The only thing about this league I liked was that Ash didn't lose to Virgil like people were expecting.

My ideal battle ever!

I'm not upset. I 'm just saying that the little scene with her an Virgil along with Axew's little fiasco wasn't really necessary for this league but I'm not going to discuss this anymore.

The only thing about this league I liked was that Ash didn't lose to Virgil like people were expecting.
    The whole episode wasn't exactly "necessary" so I don't see why Bianca should shoulder the hate for her minor appearances in it. She was there to watch the battles and learn from it that's all.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

No , Nothing !

the only thing i liked was that virgil beat cameron 5 vs 6 and virgil only lost 3 pokemon
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott will not evolve. If you are part of the 2% that believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters!

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Uzamaki View Post
    the only thing i liked was that virgil beat cameron 5 vs 6 and virgil only lost 3 pokemon
    At least , Virgil is smart mature trainer who remember to bring 6 pokemon in a full battle.
    Compare that Kotetsu is nothing .
    Atleast I would feel much better if I saw Ash in Kotetsu's place .
    But again , Writer was aiming to piss & hurting Ash-fan .

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    No , Nothing !
    Which is why you shouldn't be replying here if you didn't like the Unova League. Anyways, Ash VS Stephan, and the Pikachu VS Lucario battles were what I found exciting about this league. Though this wasn't the best league ever, I highly hope the writers will improve by the next generation, which should come along in October.

Me: *sends out Sawk* Jared, Bulk Up!

Jared: Got it! *expands muscles*

Me: All right, it's your move Vodor.....

EDIT: Vodor, the writers weren't aiming to anger the fans of Ash, they just decided to take a different route with the league. A fresh start that didn't end so well I guess. Please don't hate on the writers, because they've written incredible sagas for Pokémon, and they've given Ash good treatment in them, which I will admit, was kind of lost in the Unova saga.
    Last edited by NegaiFreak; 12th January 2013 at 7:05 PM.

Really the only big thing I didn't like about the league is who won. They should have just made Kotetsu win the whole thing.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast