Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Was there anything you liked/enjoyed about the league?

I only liked Ash vs Stephan. Ash vs Cameron was a complete joke. This was way too rushed. Sorry but I liked the other leagues better. Even Kanto.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I only liked Ash vs Stephan. Ash vs Cameron was a complete joke. This was way too rushed. Sorry but I liked the other leagues better. Even Kanto.
    To be fair Ash vs Kotetsu wasn't really more rushed than any other full battle in the anime that wasn't against Paul. I'd say Gary's and Harrison's battles especially had faster ko's. There were just some stupid decisions here like giving Kotetsu 5 Pokemon.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I did say that 4 Normal moves was unneeded, but I still think it was a smart move to assume that Ash would bring at least one Ground type. And checking the data of other competitors is nothing new, if that's what you meant. Remember how Ash prepared against Macey in the Johto league? Daayuumn. And they probably didn't even check any data. Kenyan has seen Ash's Palpitoad and Ash did his own little adjustment in teaching Krookodile Aerial Ace knowing about Sawk.

And no, just one little Fire Punch would suffice for a Snorlax. Not sure if it can even learn 4 Fire moves, maybe. Not that those face Ferrothorns anyway these days. Waay too many Fighting moves being thrown around in OU.
    What Stephan did was the equivalent of a snorlax packing 4 fire moves on the off chance that your opponent has ferrothron. As such the blatant exact counter set made it impossible for me to enjoy that portion of the battle. I usually skipnover it,

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    What Stephan did was the equivalent of a snorlax packing 4 fire moves on the off chance that your opponent has ferrothron. As such the blatant exact counter set made it impossible for me to enjoy that portion of the battle. I usually skipnover it,
    It's too bad that such a meaningless thing kills one's enjoyment for something as simple as this but to each his own. Stephan took the high risk high reward route banking on Ash bringing Mofotoad and it worked out for him. And again, Double Edge and Giga Impact are so similar that they could've just had him order Double Edge again and have that cause Mofo to fly, Mud shot and double Ko but they just threw in one more different move for the hell of it I guess, lol.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I like the Unova league over the the sinnoh league a bit

It's too bad that such a meaningless thing kills one's enjoyment for something as simple as this but to each his own. Stephan took the high risk high reward route banking on Ash bringing Mofotoad and it worked out for him. And again, Double Edge and Giga Impact are so similar that they could've just had him order Double Edge again and have that cause Mofo to fly, Mud shot and double Ko but they just threw in one more different move for the hell of it I guess, lol.
    If you enjoy obviously rigged battles with psychic countering then more power to you. But I can't rank it higher than ash vs kotetsu because of it.

I agree, Kenyan's methods were extreme but he obviously had a strategy and counter in-mind when he faced off against Waruvial/Gamagaru. Zeburaika would have been in a pickle fighting Pokemon with Ground-type characteristics. Kenyan having his Zeburaika not have any Electric moves makes perfect sense for someone like him, he's energetic and extreme when it comes to his battles and training, it's natural he'd go all gung-ho on his moves. Satoshi, being Satoshi, brought his Gamagaru knowing Kenyan would be using that zebra and it worked when he was facing off against Kamitsure's.

If you enjoy obviously rigged battles with psychic countering then more power to you. But I can't rank it higher than ash vs kotetsu because of it.
    Rigged? Psychic? Having a counter like that set up against a person you know very well isn't "psychic" at all. And again, it made little to no difference that he had 4 Normal moves instead of 3 or even 2 in this scenario. All he had to use were Facade and either D-Edge or Giga Impact. They just threw in 4 for a little variety in lines or something. And I suppose it's more fun to look at 4 different moves. Hey, it's an actual animation effort, how 'bout that?

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I agree, Kenyan's methods were extreme but he obviously had a strategy and counter in-mind when he faced off against Waruvial/Gamagaru. Zeburaika would have been in a pickle fighting Pokemon with Ground-type characteristics. Kenyan having his Zeburaika not have any Electric moves makes perfect sense for someone like him, he's energetic and extreme when it comes to his battles and training, it's natural he'd go all gung-ho on his moves. Satoshi, being Satoshi, brought his Gamagaru knowing Kenyan would be using that zebra and it worked when he was facing off against Kamitsure's.
    Yes, exactly.

Honestly, I think most of the problems I had with the league were just the result of the problems Best Wishes has had all along. The lack of identity, no real feeling of achievement in winning the badges, fairly bland relationships with rivals, essentially losing Ash's journey. They did a lot to try and make things feel interesting and dynamic with having the main rival battle first, having returning COTDs featured prominently, having a big evolution and popular Pokemon like the Eevee-lutions competing, but ultimately the battles remained around the same quality as most of Best Wishes, generally pretty underwhelming.

As I've said, Ash vs. Stephan is far and away my favorite battle in Best Wishes. It not only made both trainers and their Pokemon all look strong, but it made them look like they were really taking this tournament seriously.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

To be fair Ash vs Kotetsu wasn't really more rushed than any other full battle in the anime that wasn't against Paul. I'd say Gary's and Harrison's battles especially had faster ko's. There were just some stupid decisions here like giving Kotetsu 5 Pokemon.
    I was referring to the league being rushed not that battle. Either way I didn't like that. And Unzefant not landing even 1 hit on riolu?
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I disliked pretty much everything about this league except Ash vs. Stephen.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I was referring to the league being rushed not that battle. Either way I didn't like that. And Unzefant not landing even 1 hit on riolu?
    Truth is, the League wasn't rushed. The writers chose for the Unova League to last 6 episode. If they really wanted to make it longer, they would have edited Episode N to be more linear, or removed the fillers. They did neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    I disliked pretty much everything about this league except Ash vs. Stephen.
    The joke is over now. People now pronounce his name right.

This thread is still opened after all this time?

The only thing I didn't like about this league was that I felt Trip and Bianca got the short end of the stick when they could have been done better. Atleast as good as Kotetsu was. What I did like was Bianca not winning the league or Ash not battling Virgil and losing to him.

My ideal battle ever!

What I liked was Virgil didn't beat Ash. I also liked that Kotetsu's Riolu evolved

The joke is over now. People now pronounce his name right.
    I wasn't trying to joke, I never really paid any attention to how his name was spelled, so I just picked one version of it and typed.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

I thought the matches were good. Even the Bianca vs Cameron match. I didn't like the idea of it happening so soon, but it was a really fun match!

Plus I liked Virgil, because he was a really respectable trainer with a really unique Eevee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    I thought the matches were good. Even the Bianca vs Cameron match. I didn't like the idea of it happening so soon, but it was a really fun match!

Plus I liked Virgil, because he was a really respectable trainer with a really unique Eevee.
    Hehe attracting emboar instantly made my day. Bel wil win the award for sexist starter any day.

Well, the decision to use Pikachu two times for the match or for them to make the final battle with pokemon we've seen before, might have also been a stupid decision as well.

But overall, I just liked that Ash and Trip had their battle. I was for certain that he would have been knocked out of the league by someone else due to what has been happening to him before.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345