Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was there anything you liked/enjoyed about the league?

Ash vs Stephan, Ash vs Trip, Snivy/Pikachu vs Lucario. that's it

From what I seen, the Unova League wasn't good at all. Nuff said!

The dub trailer for the League.

When it ended. Clearly the most enjoyable moment of the league.

Pretty much all of it. I haven't watched the episodes yet, seen the pictures and watch a little bit of each episode. But I still found it enjoyable, I would have prefer to have not spoiled myself with spoilers though, as I enjoy it more when I don't know what's going to happen.

I liked that it was more realistic. Ash didn't battle all of his rivals, he didn't battle Trip in the finals(Or the battle before Ash loses), and Ash took a step back, which makes it more realistic and unpredictable to me. I would have liked Ash to battle everyone though, but it's not a big deal to me that he didn't. I also liked that previous people from tournaments and that were in the league.

I also like there being more interactions this time around between characters, although I found it odd Virgil would sometimes not be with the group, and I wanted Trip to get involved a little more, but he was at least not a jerk anymore.

I enjoyed the battles as well. I would have preferred everyone to get a win but realistically, a team isn't going to always get equal victory.

I enjoyed the Axew episode as that had a bit of interactions going on in it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

- Ash and Stephan's battle, best Rival battle I'v seen since Ash went up against Paul. Krookodile going Buzz Lightyear on us was the best.
    - Pikachu VS Lucario, everything but this part of the battle sucked. That final Electro Ball VS Aura Sphere was so badass
    - Virgil defeating Kotetsu with only 5 PkMn
    - The scenes where Kotetsu's tent kept being broken, funny as hell

Other than those things, the rest of the League sucked.
    Last edited by nuzamaki90; 2nd February 2013 at 7:31 PM.

5 Kanto
    4 Unova
    3 Sinnoh
    2 Johto
    1 Honnen

Trip's changing his attitude

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Clear (DMMD), Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

I think some individual match-ups were actually well done, it was just the battle overall/the fact that whatever Pokemon got no other wins that was the problem. Like, I loved Snivy and Pikachu's battles against Lucario, and the the battle as a whole against Hydreigon was pretty sweet. Ash's battle against Trip was good for what it was too (mainly because Serperior in action looks awesome).

Stephan's battle was easily the highlight. It wasn't rushed, didn't cut to scenes of Team Rocket like certain league battles (yes I'm looking at you Armaldo vs. Quilava). Leavanny vs. Sawk was one of the best battles of the season (even if it did end with the bug losing...). I loved how it was an actual battle too - so many battles are interrupted by constant comments that it just gets really irritating, but that was kept to a minimum here.

I actually enjoyed each battle, it was just the fact that, like, everybody got embarrassingly screwed over and the fact that it was so short that made it awful.

Stephan's battle was pretty good. Even though Krookodile got 2 wins and Palpitoad and Leavanny 0, it was still a cool battle

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Stephan's battle was pretty good. Even though Krookodile got 2 wins and Palpitoad and Leavanny 0, it was still a cool battle
    I agree, Stephan had improved his strength, but too bad he lost against Ash :/

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Clear (DMMD), Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    I agree, Stephan had improved his strength, but too bad he lost against Ash :/
    I don't think anyone here wanted to see Ash lose to him lol.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I don't think anyone here wanted to see Ash lose to him lol.
    To be honest no one actually wanted to see him lose to Cameron either.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    To be honest no one actually wanted to see him lose to Cameron either.
    True dat. Though I think Kotetsu probably had the team with the biggest threats. I remember joking about how Kotetsu has so many bigass threats that how is Ash going to get past him, I was kidding cause he wasn't the type of character Ash would usually lose to. But they ended up surprising us.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

the battle against stephan was pretty much the ONLY good thing in this league everything else was either incredibly bland or horribly dissapointing.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

True dat. Though I think Kotetsu probably had the team with the biggest threats. I remember joking about how Kotetsu has so many bigass threats that how is Ash going to get past him, I was kidding cause he wasn't the type of character Ash would usually lose to. But they ended up surprising us.
    Yeah I actually remember joking around that he would beat Ash when he debuted but then I saw his Pokemon and I realized he had a chance to actually beat him. I didn't want Cameron to win but I didn't mind him winning either.
    Last edited by J Ken; 9th February 2013 at 2:57 AM.

Ash dug his own grave. should have just told kotetsu lolsux2bubai. And then
    Eft

I'm okay with Ash not having another full battle aside from his losing one. If he beat any of the other rivals in a full battle it would have made them look weaker especially since Cameron would have gotten swept after he beat Ash in a disadvantage. Though I wish they would have started right off the bat with three on threes instead of waiting until the Top 16 round to start them.
    Last edited by J Ken; 10th February 2013 at 8:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Ash dug his own grave. should have just told kotetsu lolsux2bubai. And then
    Eft
    Nice grammar there, couldn't understand a single word.

The only thing I liked was Ash VS Stephan, I have been waiting for that rematch for a long time, and possibly Snivy & Pikachu VS Lucario.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Ash vs Stephan, it was short and to the point, didn't drag on, and Ash actually seemed decent in his own right.

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Nice grammar there, couldn't understand a single word.

The only thing I liked was Ash VS Stephan, I have been waiting for that rematch for a long time, and possibly Snivy & Pikachu VS Lucario.
    That battle feels rigged. How did stephan know in advance to redo zebstrika?!

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Ash vs Stephan, it was short and to the point, didn't drag on, and Ash actually seemed decent in his own right.
    This is true. VS Trip he was getting pummeled and was outstrategized until the end. Then VS Cameron he got killed against Hydreigon,Samurott and Lucario and lost despite the numbers advantage.

That battle feels rigged. How did stephan know in advance to redo zebstrika?!
    He knows that Ash knows that he has one and that Ash has a Palpitoad(he might've known about Krookodile too). Makes sense in that regard. Maybe it was a bit dumb to give it 4 normal moves, it really didn't need to show off both Giga Impact and Double Edge imo, but what ever, like it really matters.

He knows that Ash knows that he has one and that Ash has a Palpitoad(he might've known about Krookodile too). Makes sense in that regard. Maybe it was a bit dumb to give it 4 normal moves, it really didn't need to show off both Giga Impact and Double Edge imo, but what ever, like it really matters.
    And what if Ash didnt use either? Would he have simply been screwed? NO! This is a clear case of blatant cheating on stephans case for stealing info on ash's team and then reconfiguring it to serve his own nefarious purposes! We know in the games for example say a normal snorlax is walled by a ferrothorn, does that mean all snorlaxes can just run 4 fire moves and get away with it?!

And what if Ash didnt use either? Would he have simply been screwed? NO! This is a clear case of blatant cheating on stephans case for stealing info on ash's team and then reconfiguring it to serve his own nefarious purposes! We know in the games for example say a normal snorlax is walled by a ferrothorn, does that mean all snorlaxes can just run 4 fire moves and get away with it?!
    I did say that 4 Normal moves was unneeded, but I still think it was a smart move to assume that Ash would bring at least one Ground type. And checking the data of other competitors is nothing new, if that's what you meant. Remember how Ash prepared against Macey in the Johto league? Daayuumn. And they probably didn't even check any data. Kenyan has seen Ash's Palpitoad and Ash did his own little adjustment in teaching Krookodile Aerial Ace knowing about Sawk.

And no, just one little Fire Punch would suffice for a Snorlax. Not sure if it can even learn 4 Fire moves, maybe. Not that those face Ferrothorns anyway these days. Waay too many Fighting moves being thrown around in OU.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 17th February 2013 at 4:37 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast