Thread: [BW2 NU]Wormadam. Oh and Shell Smash Shellder

Default [BW2 NU]Wormadam. Oh and Shell Smash Shellder

Hoooollooooooo guise. My NU team that I've been using for a longgggg time. It's been doing pretty well, but its power flunctuate a bit, so I'm here to get more advices.

The main theme of this team is divided into half: Commonly seen mons, and LC/Neverseen Mons. Together, they form a cute team (sadly, no Pachirisu) and they complement each other pretty well.

Some Pokemon may seem like a joke, especially Shell Smash Shellder. However, I just 6-0'd two people today using Shell Smash Shellder. Anyways, to business.

Shellder @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Shell Smash
    - Razor Shell

Yeah, Shell Smash Shellder. Mimicking its older cousin Cloyster, Shellder after a Shell Smash can beat Regice. After +2 Shell Smash (oblivious people who sets up SR on Turn 1), it outspeeds almost everything and kills everything in its path (beware sucke punchers though). Anyways, it also gets Skill Link, which is really, really neat. It really is just the same set as Cloyster. Anyways, Icicle Spear is the most frequently used move in this set (due to Rock Blast's shaky 90 accuracy) and rampages through flying types... practically every type that doesn't resist it. Rock Blast is for those who do, like Regice. Razor Shell is a nice Probopass-Bastiodon breaker, and can used to beat fire types (90 accuracy still misses, Rock Blast!)

Wormadam-Trash (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Anticipation
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Gyro Ball
    - Protect

Wormadam-Trash form is arguably the best Wormadam form. It has a great Bug/Steel typing shared only by Scizor and Genesect and gives it a plenthora of resistance like Psychic, Dark, Ghost... Wormadam is my Rocker, setting up rocks with its extreme bulk. Toxic is just... to stall and poison-stall. Gyro Ball is Wormadam's best way of doing damage, and destroys any Haunter that tries to switch in. Protect stalls Toxic, which is really neat... as stuff die faster! Also, IVs 0 and Sassy to reflect Gyro Ball. This EV spread makes it a great special wall, walling Musharna well, and toxic stall it to death!

Wynaut @ Eviolite
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 148 Def / 152 SDef / 208 Spd
    Relaxed Nature
    - Encore
    - Counter
    - Mirror Coat
    - Tickle

Wynaut is just like Wobbuffet. With Eviolite... Anyways, it functions the same. It switches in and encores on something, which it uses counter or mirror coat respectively. Tickle is really filler, but I'm thinking of switching to Destiny Bond... The EV spread seems awkward, but I tried my best into making it a decently mixed wall that can take some hits from both spectrum.

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Circle Throw
    - Rest
    - Bulk Up
    - Substitute

This is what Throh looks like while Bulk-Upping. Throh is my Defensive core of this team. After it snags a few Bulk Ups, it can easily wall and dish out powerful Circle Throws. Substitute is really filler-ish, but it finds you from time to time, such as blocking out hits from Musharna (enough time for me to retaliate). Rest is for recovery, and against physical sweepers, it can usual hold its own defensively until Throh wakes up. Circle Throw throhs, so yeah. Add stealth rock into the mixture, you get... tsk tsk tsk.

Braviary (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Rock Slide
    - Superpower
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird

IMO, Braviary is probably the most versatile bird in NU. Unlike its fellow bird friends, it may not have kewl jelly ability like Guts + Facade Swellow, Taunt Dodrio, Braviary has the power to break, who would otherwise wall him completely, steel and rock type into itsy-bitsy. Rock Slide is a great move, abusing Sheer Force and is a free-of-Life-Orb-recoil move, it also deals with other birds well, ice types too. Superpower is the must to prevent getting walled by steel types. Brave Bird is STAB really. Roost heals off an damage and is usually a free turn due to Skuntank trying to Sucker Punch me XD

Eelektross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Giga Drain
    - Thunderbolt
    - Acid Spray

Elektross should've gotten surf, but it's coverage is already pretty good. My original problem with the team was the huge Elektross weakness. My original team was hail, but I found it to emphasise too much on the fire weakness. So I dropped Snover and another pokemon (forgot which, silly me). Then I added CB Huge Power Marill, result? Disappointing. So instead of Marill, I threw in Wyanut. So what about Elektross? It replaced the other pokemon which I dropped in favour of beating other Elektross. Most Elektross set run speed, but I'm running bulky attacker to beat other Elektross. Flamethrower incinerates grass on sight. Giga Drain beat Golem. Thunderbolt for STAB and beats flying. Acid Spray... I love this move. It can force Musharna out as it loses the ability to wall Elektross's special move, and SR damage is awesome!

--

Closing
    Thanks for reading :3 I'll make sure I test any changes XD

---

Changelog:
    -Wyanut's EV Spread

---

Threat List:
    <To be Added>
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 14th January 2013 at 7:57 AM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Well, NU isn't a strong point but overall this looks like a solid team. My biggest question is why Wynaut has 4 Atk EVs, those would be better placed in one of the Def stats.

Oh, and Forretress shares Wormadam-Trash's typing as well.

That's all I got xD
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Tickle helps break down walls so your other teammates than plow right through them.
    Use a spread of 152 Def / 148 SpD / 208 Spe. 208 Speed EVs allows him to outspeed base 55s, such as Torterra. Then, those EVs that remain are split into Def and SpD for maximum bulk on both sides.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    Tickle helps break down walls so your other teammates than plow right through them.
    Use a spread of 152 Def / 148 SpD / 208 Spe. 208 Speed EVs allows him to outspeed base 55s, such as Torterra. Then, those EVs that remain are split into Def and SpD for maximum bulk on both sides.
    Right... I wasn't very sure how Counter/Magic Coat worked. Now I know XD

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    Well, NU isn't a strong point but overall this looks like a solid team. My biggest question is why Wynaut has 4 Atk EVs, those would be better placed in one of the Def stats.

Oh, and Forretress shares Wormadam-Trash's typing as well.

That's all I got xD
    Nice nitpick :3

ASB Squad

*pokes at dead thread*

ASB Squad