Way too busy, and I haven't even used cockatrice since we switched server's xO TCG's arent on my priority list right now, sorry :X
I really haven't had much time to sit and play games. I went to my local game store yesterday and was there for a while because there was a free pack warz tonurament. My rare was Mind Grind. I came in like 3rd. 2-1-0
If we get it done by Monday I can. Monday I'm going up to New York for the band trip over spring break.
Yeah this Friday I compete. But after Monday I can't.
Right now I'm at a friends house (who doesn't have "trice). and were all playing a pc game called HoN. and tomorrow I have a jazz preformance.
Now that the full set of the Return to Ravnica block is released, what do you guys think of trying to do the "Standard" EDH games?
Official Deckbuilding Rules:
1. Each player chooses a legendary creature which as their General. Decks may use other legendary creatures as well.
2. No cards in the deck of any player may have a Color identity that is not a subset of the color identity of his or her general.
3. Except for basic lands, player may not use more than one copy of any given card.
4. Each deck must contain exactly 100 cards including the General.
Things to consider/discuss:
1. General Choices: Each player's General must be from either Return to Ravnica or Gatecrash. Dragon's Maze legendary creatures may be used in the deck but not as Generals. Is it worth it to keep the flavor of the Guild vs. Guild? Or do we instead let players choose their Legendary Creature from any set?
2. Set Legality: Do we stick with ONLY RTR/GTC/DGM? Or do we go the entire Standard Sweep? Or do we go back further? The further back we go, the less accessible the games will be to some of our Non-EDH-exposed members.
3. Lands: Since a large majority of EDH decks use a ton of non-basic lands (which must be 1-ofs), how do we go about this? Since essentially the only non-basics we'll be allowed are guildgates and Shocklands...and a pittance of utility lands.
2) I'd say just for this time, for fun or whatever, we go either only RTR block, or RTR + the original Ravnica block (maybe?). My preference would be RTR block only.
3) I'm not too sure on this. RTR block for sure, but maybe we can go full Standard for this? We don't want stuff from too far back, but I think, like, the Innistrad lands wouldn't cause too much trouble.
Let's do both both Ravnica blocks. We can use leaders of the guild (from both blocks) and guild Champions (from both blocks) as Commadners.
1. I can get behind that, I guess. It makes the flavor of it a bit weird, but w/e.
2. I think if we're just doing Ravnica, we should stick with the current RTR/GTC/DGM. Either that or we go full-standard. The issue with backtracking to the original Ravnica Block is that there's already an accessibility barrier to EDH for some people. Right now the RTR Block is very accessible (that's why Standard is WOTC's primary-pushed format). If we're going back to Original Ravnica, we might as well just play for-real EDH.
3. If we're doing block EDH then we should stick with Block-availability. Innistrad/M13 would only give us 1 tapland and 1 utility land for each guild. And then if we're using those, why not other cards in the set(s)?
So here's another idea I've had (to give this place a kick in the butt). Using the same sort of idea that the Duels of the Planeswalkers with some theme decks. A sort of published theme-deck list that we can play through (with one person taking the role of the "encounter" and the other as the "player").
We can create a system of points/achievements, too. Are people interested?
Ooooooh that'd be really cool. We could semi-RPG!
And we could even make it free for all. Pretend we are character X, in X situation, then you guys could jump in with a "RAWR I'M A BIG MEAN BALOTH AND IM HUNGRY" or "I'm a wizard and you must beat me to proceed. Why? CAUSE I SAY SO. NOW FIGHT!"
Yeah that'd be cool.
So. What kind of themes/ideas to people want for decks? Let's move that kind of discussion over to the "Planeswalkers guide" thread so we can keep this strictly for League stuff.