Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Serebii MTG League

Way too busy, and I haven't even used cockatrice since we switched server's xO TCG's arent on my priority list right now, sorry :X

I really haven't had much time to sit and play games. I went to my local game store yesterday and was there for a while because there was a free pack warz tonurament. My rare was Mind Grind. I came in like 3rd. 2-1-0
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

as long as people actually reply when i contact them to set up a match i'll be ok to play.

So do you guys do magic online tourneys and if so I am Woebegonenick on there

Other then that I think I can go to a Ohio mall to play magic on Friday nights

http://xat.com/VenenoOsicurdad
    come here and well Idk

Does anyone want to try one of our FNMs this week?

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Will it be online or rl
    Last edited by Conquer Phoenix; 22nd March 2013 at 5:55 AM.

http://xat.com/VenenoOsicurdad
    come here and well Idk

Easter sunday. Im gonna be at home with the family... sooo Im gonna have to say no :s

If we get it done by Monday I can. Monday I'm going up to New York for the band trip over spring break.

That post was more about this current week than next one. And I'll be out of Cockatrice-usage from Friday-Sunday. So...

Monsters."

Yeah this Friday I compete. But after Monday I can't.

Should we try another Serebii FNM this week? Anyone else up for it?

Monsters."

Right now I'm at a friends house (who doesn't have "trice). and were all playing a pc game called HoN. and tomorrow I have a jazz preformance.

Yeah I only saw this today. I'm free tonight, though. Even though I don't really have a deck ready. I could do a three or four matches for fun.

Now that the full set of the Return to Ravnica block is released, what do you guys think of trying to do the "Standard" EDH games?

Official Deckbuilding Rules:
    1. Each player chooses a legendary creature which as their General. Decks may use other legendary creatures as well.
    2. No cards in the deck of any player may have a Color identity that is not a subset of the color identity of his or her general.
    3. Except for basic lands, player may not use more than one copy of any given card.
    4. Each deck must contain exactly 100 cards including the General.

Things to consider/discuss:
    1. General Choices: Each player's General must be from either Return to Ravnica or Gatecrash. Dragon's Maze legendary creatures may be used in the deck but not as Generals. Is it worth it to keep the flavor of the Guild vs. Guild? Or do we instead let players choose their Legendary Creature from any set?

2. Set Legality: Do we stick with ONLY RTR/GTC/DGM? Or do we go the entire Standard Sweep? Or do we go back further? The further back we go, the less accessible the games will be to some of our Non-EDH-exposed members.

3. Lands: Since a large majority of EDH decks use a ton of non-basic lands (which must be 1-ofs), how do we go about this? Since essentially the only non-basics we'll be allowed are guildgates and Shocklands...and a pittance of utility lands.

Monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Things to consider/discuss:
    1. General Choices: Each player's General must be from either Return to Ravnica or Gatecrash. Dragon's Maze legendary creatures may be used in the deck but not as Generals. Is it worth it to keep the flavor of the Guild vs. Guild? Or do we instead let players choose their Legendary Creature from any set?

2. Set Legality: Do we stick with ONLY RTR/GTC/DGM? Or do we go the entire Standard Sweep? Or do we go back further? The further back we go, the less accessible the games will be to some of our Non-EDH-exposed members.

3. Lands: Since a large majority of EDH decks use a ton of non-basic lands (which must be 1-ofs), how do we go about this? Since essentially the only non-basics we'll be allowed are guildgates and Shocklands...and a pittance of utility lands.
    1) I think we should try RTR/GTC-only, but I also think that the guild champions from DGM should be legal for Commanders as well. Just my opinion on that, but most importantly I think RTR block only.

2) I'd say just for this time, for fun or whatever, we go either only RTR block, or RTR + the original Ravnica block (maybe?). My preference would be RTR block only.

3) I'm not too sure on this. RTR block for sure, but maybe we can go full Standard for this? We don't want stuff from too far back, but I think, like, the Innistrad lands wouldn't cause too much trouble.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Let's do both both Ravnica blocks. We can use leaders of the guild (from both blocks) and guild Champions (from both blocks) as Commadners.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    1) I think we should try RTR/GTC-only, but I also think that the guild champions from DGM should be legal for Commanders as well. Just my opinion on that, but most importantly I think RTR block only.

2) I'd say just for this time, for fun or whatever, we go either only RTR block, or RTR + the original Ravnica block (maybe?). My preference would be RTR block only.

3) I'm not too sure on this. RTR block for sure, but maybe we can go full Standard for this? We don't want stuff from too far back, but I think, like, the Innistrad lands wouldn't cause too much trouble.
    I'm with you on pretty much every point. I'd imagine taht, as disappointing as some Guild Champions were, they'd still make interesting Generals. THat and I REALLY want to make the Izzet Champion be ****ing worthwhile.

1. I can get behind that, I guess. It makes the flavor of it a bit weird, but w/e.

2. I think if we're just doing Ravnica, we should stick with the current RTR/GTC/DGM. Either that or we go full-standard. The issue with backtracking to the original Ravnica Block is that there's already an accessibility barrier to EDH for some people. Right now the RTR Block is very accessible (that's why Standard is WOTC's primary-pushed format). If we're going back to Original Ravnica, we might as well just play for-real EDH.

3. If we're doing block EDH then we should stick with Block-availability. Innistrad/M13 would only give us 1 tapland and 1 utility land for each guild. And then if we're using those, why not other cards in the set(s)?

Monsters."

So here's another idea I've had (to give this place a kick in the butt). Using the same sort of idea that the Duels of the Planeswalkers with some theme decks. A sort of published theme-deck list that we can play through (with one person taking the role of the "encounter" and the other as the "player").

We can create a system of points/achievements, too. Are people interested?

Monsters."

Ooooooh that'd be really cool. We could semi-RPG!
    And we could even make it free for all. Pretend we are character X, in X situation, then you guys could jump in with a "RAWR I'M A BIG MEAN BALOTH AND IM HUNGRY" or "I'm a wizard and you must beat me to proceed. Why? CAUSE I SAY SO. NOW FIGHT!"

I'm in

I suppose I'd be interested in that.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Yeah that'd be cool.

So. What kind of themes/ideas to people want for decks? Let's move that kind of discussion over to the "Planeswalkers guide" thread so we can keep this strictly for League stuff.

Monsters."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345